[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Crash course on autostick

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

File: 2americans1asiansandwich.jpg (1MB, 1500x844px) Image search: [Google]
2americans1asiansandwich.jpg
1MB, 1500x844px
Can someone please give me a crash course on autostick?

youngfag trying to figure this shit out

Watdo
>>
I love how the tail lights on either dodge don't light up correctly. They are consistent at least.

>That's right I just went full off topic
>>
>>13833142
line up correctly*
>>
P is park. Use it to park. Only try to start the car in Park or Neutral. Once started, depress the brake pedal, shift to Drive (D) to go forwards, Reverse (R) to go backwards. Leave it in D at stoplights/signs, just give it a bit of brake pedal since auto trans cars creep a little bit at idle. Shift into Park once you've parked, then turn the car off.
>>
>>13833142
tail lights on mine light up perfectly m8, u want to throw down?
>>
>>13833160
autostick you penisanus, not auto transmission
>>
>>13833168
What the actual fuck is an autostick
>>
>>13833184
it lets you shift your automatic tranny car yourself, with some restrictions to prevent damage cuz hurr retarded auto drivers can't drive manual

no clutch manual basically
>>
>>13833193
So like a shift kit and ratchet shifter or whatever?
>>
>>13833231
idk what shift kits are but no, nothing close to a ratcher shifter

like, you pull the level to the left and it goes into manual mode and you push it up to shift down and down to shift up.
>>
>>13833193
are you talking about the shitty manual mode on your moms volvo, or like on of the cars from the 60's with the clutch as a button on the stick shift?

what car nig nog?
>>
>>13833251
A shift kit reprograms the automatic transmission to reduce shift overlap between two gears, getting rid of the "slushbox" effect and improving durability at the expense of shift harshness.

The +/- shifter on some newer auto-trans cars is a mode that lets you select the gear you want to be in to an extent, in my limited experience with them (2014 Ford 6-speed automatic) I have found them frustrating because there is a lag between when you input a shift request and when it is executed, and if you want to give it more gas in a tall gear it will auto-downshift.
>>
>>13833267
nah mine is the one on the right in the pic

2015 challenger's "tiptronic" autoshift system
>>
>>13833303
before anyone asks how i could afford it, am relatively rich app developer who made a shitty mobile game
>>
>>13833303
LEL
>>
>>13833322
KEK
nice dubs faggot
>>
Slap that shit ito first gear when you're stopped. When ya wanna go, knock that bitch to the left or right (depending which side its on) and start driving. Push that shit forward to shift up and pull it back to shift down. Just like a manual, look at where your revs are at and shift accordingly. Evrntually you get the hang of when to shift properly. Trust me, this is the only way I drive my car. And as another tip, knock that shit back into drive so you don't have to downshift
>>
>>13833340
will it hurt the tranny if I do that though?

I don't know how it processes the whole manual into drive transition
>>
>>13833348
Drive just tells it to ignore the paddles and it shifts of its own accord. The paddles let you vaguely suggest when the car should shift.
>>
>>13833395
I see. Thanks!
>>
>>13833348
Nah, the elctronics of the car help to prevent damaging the tranny so you won't grind the gears a much as you would in a manual.

Like the other Anon said, it just tells the car to ignore the paddles and allows the car to drop to the gear it deems appropiate and shfts when it deems nevessary
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.