[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who /empathy/ here?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 6

File: 1441732459214.jpg (51KB, 604x550px) Image search: [Google]
1441732459214.jpg
51KB, 604x550px
Any of you feeling physically ill when something bad happens to your car?

Would you cringe and overall feel distressed for example when something goes really bad with your engine, it's getting really loud and you know any second it has to continue running means more and potentially irreparable damage?
>>
>>13830912
Yes. But that's anything that could cost me a lot of $$ that I'm not ready for.
>>
>wheels a little big
>tires rub on big ish dips in the road
>slight rub sound
>cringe
Every time, but Ill get my fenders rolled and pulled soon.
>>
File: 1445291627619.jpg (45KB, 600x476px) Image search: [Google]
1445291627619.jpg
45KB, 600x476px
I have been feeling low level ill for the year and a half I've had my car. Every day is a guilt trip. It runs ok for a 30 year old car, but not exactly how I want it to, e.g. not making whirring noises from the transmission, clunks from a loose steering rack and crunching shit in the back.
>>
>>13830912
>charging system dead
>feel unable to get started on anything
>wheel trouble
>foot is sore
>headlight issues
>constant eye mucus shit

I am genuinely worried this is not natural.
>>
>>13831010
This shit.
It's really horrible when you can't even actively ignore shit because when you hear constant noise and you know it is not getting better on its own and probably just get more costly every day without it being fixed.
>>
>>13831010
>>13831036

Drive 25 year old brick, bought for $500 but dumped a few thousand into it, still vibrates somewhat at highway speeds. Keep doing things to make it stop but to no avail. Feel lowered sense of self worth, adjusted pinion angle because that's where I feel its coming from. No get a clunk from rear, metallic spinning sound from tailshaft after replacing bushing and gasket. Problems beget problems and I still havnt been able to tackle the rust holes while winter is fast approaching. Sadness increases.

Meh, at least it runs really well even if it has a shit ton of piston slap, but that's 250k miles for you.

Just sucks to put so much time and effort into something only to have mediocre results. Makes you reflect on the complete mediocrity that is your life. Feels Charlie Brown man.
>>
>drive 40 year old unibody muscle car
>that dreadful anxiety you get because you know someone's going to hit it and ruin hundreds of hours and thousands of dollars worth of work

Boomers have a point, I love bringing my heap out but this shits always in the back of my head
>>
Know them feels. Last year I had valve spring and lifter failure on my C5.
>could hear lifters getting louder
>fuck
>I'll wait till Christmas bonus time
>next week, friend in car, heading home from drinking at local brewery
>take turn, downshift one gear and psssssshhhh-clackclackclackclack
>FFFFFUUUUUUUUH

Limped it to a local bar, drank more while waiting for the tow truck.

This video was us trying to get it up onto my dad's trailer before realizing, why the fuck did I think I could get a slammed vette onto anything but a flatbed.

Sounded fucking haggard.

https://youtu.be/qNmUAfdw1zI
>>
File: 2015-09-26 10.15.24.jpg (1MB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
2015-09-26 10.15.24.jpg
1MB, 2048x1152px
>10 year old Monte Carlo
>rust
>some of the interior is rubbing off its protective coating
>rust
>trans went bad and had to be rebuilt. 4th to 3rd shifts rev too high every time
>rust
>slight clicking in engine when cold. Doesn't sound like rod knock, but is still alarmingly noticeable.
>rust
>a frame rail is starting to literally rust through
>under the side skirts is most likely nothing but red dust by now

Every time I hear the word "rust" it punches a hole through my heart. I know it's just a 6th gen Monte Carlo SS, and I know the supercharged 3800 is nothing super special, but it's one of the cars that really launched my love of cars, and it hurts to know the old girl is on borrowed time, but it's mine, and that's what matters.
>>
>>13831074
Sounds like you over torqued the pinion nut.
>>
>>13832120
>rust

It's like when your dog starts to get old and it's starting to show...
>>
dem feels man
>>
I cringe everytie I hit a pothole and just feel my stomach drop. Got into an accident last month that required my rear left axle to basically be rebuilt and I felt physically drained the whole time it was in the shop.
>>
File: 1425441166300.png (7KB, 275x275px) Image search: [Google]
1425441166300.png
7KB, 275x275px
I was born with severely limited prefrontal cotrex activity because who knows why, genetics maybe.

I have no empathy or compassion as a result
>>
Got into an accident in my Miats and got sick to my stomach when I heard insurance was going to write it off then spent days obsessing about it. Fucking thing is worth a 5th of my DD and I wouldn't have cared nearly this much if it happened to that.

Through some Jewish levels of dickery I got it fully fixed and walked off with an extra $900 in my pocket so it worked out anyway.
>>
File: 1444357152057.jpg (154KB, 945x1500px) Image search: [Google]
1444357152057.jpg
154KB, 945x1500px
>hit bump/pothole in car
>can almost feel a pain
>Break part and have anxiety over getting it fixed asap
>feel bad if i dont drive it often
>constantly thinking of what i need to do to her next
>>
File: 1439609647773.gif (2MB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1439609647773.gif
2MB, 250x250px
>>13830912
I was so nervous today; i had to smog my vehicle and i really needed it to pass; only DD for my wife and i leaks rain onto driver so another car was badly needed. The first two times i took it to a cheap smog test shop and they were idiots (you know when you walk into a shop and it looks like crap so you get a bad feeling?) so i took it somewhere my friends had recommended, and it was so hassle-free that i'm still in crisis mode and wondering if it really happened.

>tfw smog guy says nothing to you the whole test, doesn't tell you it passed after turning off car and walking away, then calls you into his office to get your money because you passed.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.