[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Toyota 4Runner: Manletmobile

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

I started working at a Toyota dealership last month. I really like the 4Runner, but something startled me when I first got in it and took it for a test drive. I don't fit in it. I'm 6'3" and my head bangs into the side of the moonroof mounting. The only way I can fit is to recline the seat back to a ridiculous and uncomfortable extent. On the non-moonroof models, my head has like an inch of clearance, but my visibility is still shit because my eyes are in the roof line (the roof has a raised pocket to fit your head in a non-moonroof truck). I don't get it. Why would Toyota manufacture a vehicle like this? I fit into all other vehicles (except Tacoma, which is the same), fine, including the freaking Yaris, but the roof pitch on this is so incredibly low. Is there anything that can be done to fit in it?
>>
>>13827505
Lower the seat?
>>
>>13827505
Because you're tall and that inch didn't matter to the headroom of most of the people on the planet.
>>
>>13827505
SUVs are for women. women are small.
>>
>>13827543
>SUVs are for women
>I say things that make absolutely no sense because I think it makes me cool on /o/
Have some self respect, yeah?
>>
>>13827505
Then you're lucky you've never been in Land Rover Defender.
>>
>>13827518
This.
It's easy
>>
>>13827505

Is your height in the upper body? Not all vehicles are created equal.

First try to lower the seat as others have said, if you can. If it's already at its lowest point your just not going to fit without it being professionally lowered.
>>
>>13827505
try removing some of the foam from the seat?
>>
File: 2082636_f520.jpg (69KB, 520x760px) Image search: [Google]
2082636_f520.jpg
69KB, 520x760px
>>13827505
its a fuggin SUV anon, only womens buy those things when they're expecting a kid because hurr durr
>muh safety
>muh space
it has to fit people that are short as fuck. Don't be a c.uck and get a truck if you want an off-road vehicle
>>
>>13828512
>get a truck if you want an off-road vehicle
You're a moron.
>>
>>13828512
Have you ever considered that a guy still needs to drive his kids around too?
>>
>moonroof
I know that feel, brah.
>>
File: Chad's Truck.jpg (143KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
Chad's Truck.jpg
143KB, 720x480px
>>13828539
>drive his kids around too
they come with 4 doors now, this isn't the 1970s. Unless he has a herd of kids, he's gud. I don't understand why parents think they need an extra row of seats when the 2nd or 3rd kid comes along
>>
>>13828564
And you think that is a good off road vehicle?
>>
>>13828564
>trucks have 4 doors so if you're buying something with 4 doors it has to be a truck
uhhuh, you know a lot of SUVs don't have 3rd rows, right?
>>
>>13827505
>Toyota
>japan
>>
File: IMG_0075.jpg (665KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0075.jpg
665KB, 2048x1536px
>>13828577
>yee

have friends that own these behemoth's, they're fun as fuck to take off road
>muddin
>back trails
>field donuts
I wouldn't take one to the Rubicon or some shit, but for mall crawling and the occasional off-road opportunity, they work great

Also, anon will get way moar street cred if he buys a truck over a shit SUV that makes you look like a nigger in a few years when they hit the used car lots
>>
>>13828639
They don't compare to a real off road vehicle like a 4Runner.
>>
>>13828512
anon what if I told you that most SUVs are trucks with a kit for their interior/covering the bed?
Also fuckhuge trucks are kind of shit for offroading that isn't cruising around the desert.
>>
>>13828647
>anon what if I told you that most SUVs are trucks with a kit for their interior/covering the bed?
What if I told you that's bullshit?
>>
>>13828643
get a Cherokee(90s ones, not the BS they're currently shitting out) or an FJ even, if you want a true off road SUV. The 4Runner is too long for anything serious
>>
>>13828639
>being friends with brotruckers
>>
>>13828512
kek is wordfiltered?
>>
>>13828649
The bigger SUVs are generally based on a truck frame/drivetrain m8.
4runner from hilux/tacoma
Suburban based upon a number of different GM trucks
The Sequoia is based upon the frame of the Tundra
The Expedition is based upon the F-150
The list goes on, the larger SUVs are almost always based upon the frame of a truck, the only exception I can think of is the Grand Cherokee.
>>
>>13828684
>get a Cherokee
Hell no.
>not the BS they're currently shitting ou
You mean the one you can get with actual off road gear like a rear locker?
>The 4Runner is too long for anything serious
No, it isn't. You especially can't say this if you think a full size pickup is even remotely good off road.
>>
>>13828722
>4runner from hilux/tacoma
Never based off the Tacoma, and hasn't been based off the Hilux since the 2nd generation. All Prado, now.

Those still aren't most SUVs.
>>
>>13828726
Are we counting crossovers as SUVs or are they a distinct group?
>>
>>13828737
SUVs are SUVs. I can name at least as many SUVs that aren't related to trucks as you named ones that are.
>>
>>13828717
>kek
fuggin redditors that invaded /r9k/ during the shooting ruined it for us
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.