[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Used tires

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: Used tires.jpg (34KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
Used tires.jpg
34KB, 600x400px
Would you guys ever buy used tires?

https://newyork.craigslist.org/wch/wto/5303904166.html
>>
I can't tell if it says 2714 or 2711... if they are 2714, no uneven wear, visible cracking or such then I think they'd be perfectly safe
If they are are 2711 they are starting to become a bit old and may only last you two seasons more at most, and even then I'd be skeptical for the second season
>>
Not off wheels. If you are really set on looking at them look for noticeable damage on the inside and around the bead. Your local used tire shop will have tires known to hold air so you can also get a set there. Typically bought on wheels from wrecked cars.
>>
>>13824624
I do it all the time.

Shitbox Corolla has a bent frame and no matter how hard I try it's just not going to drive straight ever again. Car just eats up tires, so no sense in buying new ones.
>>
>>13824624
mmmm, i would buy those to rally
>>
i actually just bought a set of ws80 blizzaks yesterday.
set of 4, 205/65/r16, made only a year ago with like 2000 miles on them. they all have 10/32 tread remaining
got them for $225, a brand new set would be like $430 or so

just dont get tires older than like 3 years and look for obvious problems like bubbles in the sidewall and uneven tread wear
>>
>buying new tires
You should only do this for a newer car that you travel in, i buy used for my daily driver when i get flats
>>
>>13825102
Do you drive a google street view car? How is it
>>
I used to by used tires because new ones are much more expensive. But I drive down the mountains a lot and had a few close calls due to shitty tires. Now I always buy new
>>
>>13826132
the name refers to the original google autonomous cars, the fleet of prius' that did all the cool AI research and shit, as well as the current lexus rx350s rolling with the hardware

>has nothing to do with the street view car
>has nothing to do with the stupid koalabox thing
>>
File: Google-Autonomous-Car.png (440KB, 624x412px) Image search: [Google]
Google-Autonomous-Car.png
440KB, 624x412px
>>13826566
>google autonomous cars
so you "drive" pic related?
>>
>>13824655
It's definitely 2711. They're nearly junk and the seller is delusional.
>>
>>13826566
or you drive a retired this?
>>
>>13826773
see
>has nothing to do with the stupid koalabox thing
seriously fuck that little gremlin

>>13826792
no
i just like the architecture of the google car, its a really well built system all around.
>>
OP another thing about snow tires; the special sauce "multicell compound" that allows them to be studless yet still perform well is ONLY on the top 50% of tread

once a snow tire hits 6/32 tread, they basically become mediocre all-season tires
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.