[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

speed bumps

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: speed_bump.jpg (47KB, 375x281px) Image search: [Google]
speed_bump.jpg
47KB, 375x281px
I bought a new car recently (not *new* new, but new to me), and since it's a nice car (2012 Mazda3 hatch) I've been trying to baby it and drive a lot more carefully. So of course I hit a speed bump way too fucking fast yesterday because it was poorly marked and I didn't see it in time.

What kind of damage can you do to your car from going over a speed bump too fast? Is there anything I should check for? I have bad anxiety now because I just got this car and I'm worried I broke something. I went over the bump at maybe 20-25mph? It wasn't a huge bump, but maybe about the size of pic related. It didn't really sound like I scraped anything, but there was definitely a loud "KA-THUNK"

I haven't noticed any leaks, and the steering still seems okay. Still freaking out though. I'm not really a gearhead, should I take it to a mechanic just to make sure? ;_;
>>
knock the oil drain bolt off your car and drain all your oil and then have your engine seize up

happened to my friend, but his car was slightly lowered and he is retarded
>>
>>13656784
>happened to me but my car is stanced and I'm retarded.
ftfy

You can blow a strut or destroy a bump stop, your car is fine.
>>
>>13656784
What this dude said.

There's an unmarked speed bunp that is actually covered in asphalt, ran over it with my C63 AMG, and luckily I stopped because I noticed warning lights going off everywhere.

Luckily it was within warranty, and I didn't have to pay a cent.
>>
File: omekit-805comp.gif (175KB, 690x439px) Image search: [Google]
omekit-805comp.gif
175KB, 690x439px
I can take bumps at full speed because muh offroad.
>>
>>13656784
Thanks. I checked my oil level and it looks good. So I'm guessing no loss of any drain bolts, correct?

I would get under my car and take a look, but I can't really fit under there without a way of lifting the car.
>>
>>13656907
if you heard scrapping it would be best to look under your car

if not your probably fine pay attention to your suspension, see if your car is noticeably lower on one side or wheel
>>
>>13656907
Go down to home depot, buy a few 2x6s, and stack them on one another and screw them together. voila! you got a motherfucking ramp. I used ramps like this to clean and wax the bottom of my parents boat.
>>
>>13656833
i don't even have my license
>>
>>13656834
You realize warranties cover mechanical failures due to an problem from the factory right, not because you hit a bump to fast. Hitting bumps to fast and causing damage might as well be you took a corner to fast and ended up in the Ditch to a car company. Totally 100% and insurance issue. No company would replace your parts unless you lied to them and they were dumb enough to believe you.
>>
>>13656744
>low profile tires
>surprised when they handle like shit
>>
>>13656942
drawing please so i can better understand you
>>
File: wood ramp of fun and wonder.png (15KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
wood ramp of fun and wonder.png
15KB, 500x500px
>>13656999
only because you got trips.
>>
File: funny-Sean-Connery-meme.jpg (58KB, 430x579px) Image search: [Google]
funny-Sean-Connery-meme.jpg
58KB, 430x579px
>>13656947
I'm old enough to have fucked your mom in high school. Oddly enough you are correct though, my license is suspended.

>Ask her about your real father.
>>
>>13656894

Same, nice snorkel mod.
>>
>>13656894
>tfw would take speed bumps at full speed but shocks are EoL
>tfw don't feel like replacing shocks
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.