[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Stupid ideas

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5

File: image.jpg (147KB, 741x741px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
147KB, 741x741px
Why hasn't anyone done a motorcycle with a rear swingarm pivot in front of the engine so you could have a 35+" swingarm with massive mechanical grip and anti-wheelie properties while maintaining a short wheelbase... ?
>>
>>13654626
Where does the engine go?
>>
File: 1444769137270.jpg (44KB, 500x667px) Image search: [Google]
1444769137270.jpg
44KB, 500x667px
because the "anti-wheelie properties" in long swingarms come from the extended wheelbase, not from the length of the swing arm alone
>>
File: coconutbike.jpg (32KB, 525x345px) Image search: [Google]
coconutbike.jpg
32KB, 525x345px
>>13654631
i made a coconut run version

The engine would sit behind the swing arm pic up point. Nothing much would have to change, expect maybe the swing arms will have to be wider than the chassis profile, or the engines will have to sit higher (bad trade off)
>>
>>13654626
Because you'll have figure out where to put the rear sets.

Also, your lean angle will become shit.
>>
File: TESI-3D-600.png (333KB, 738x600px) Image search: [Google]
TESI-3D-600.png
333KB, 738x600px
>>13654626
this exist since the 80's

thread/
>>
File: large.jpg (96KB, 800x472px) Image search: [Google]
large.jpg
96KB, 800x472px
>>13654626
That's pretty much what Telelever does, it gives a swinging arm that's effectively six feet long
>>
>>13654953
Explain.
>>
>>13654626

>anti wheelie

What kind of faggot are you?
>>
>>13654701
No, you see, this is 100% pure pointless
>>
>>13654701
the wheely control and mechanical grip comes from the weight distribution.

with a normally lengthened swingarm you pretty much shift the weight more to the front.

if you mount the swingarm in front of the engine with the same wheelbase it is exactly the same regarding anti-wheely and mechanical grip
>>
You want your weight over the swinging part (where your ass is), if the swing starts under the engine, the weight transfer when accelerating, stopping and turning gets all fucked up, people have been riding bikes for ages the idea must of come up before and there's a reason the swing arm is in this location in 2015
>>
>>13654626
Because that wouldn't work.
Motorcycles wheelie because they apply so much torque at the wheel that it lifts the front of the bike up.
This in turn can only be prevented by shifting the center of mass from the rear wheel contact point and it has nothing to do how long the swingarm is for any given CM to rear wheel distance.
>>
>>13654851
The Tesi concept was designed to separate braking and suspension forces i.e. near-zero diving on the brakes. The rear swingarm & suspension set up is conventional so I doubt it has any anti-willy properties.

Nice bike, fuggin expensive tho.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.