[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, my friend gave in and bought an E93. Thing is that after

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (111KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
111KB, 640x1136px
So, my friend gave in and bought an E93. Thing is that after two months of use, the battery is dead. Apparently the previous owner told him that it was on its last legs and they negotiated a 300 dollar discount.
Anyhow now he is asking for help and I'm like how hard can it be.

Apparently it can be hard. Not the battery change itself, but according to bmw you need to register the battery for some charge cycle bullshit.

What happens if I don't do this? I owned an e60 which apparently has the same system in place, and changed batteries with no issue. Still I'm afraid of fucking up my friends car.
>>
>>13650068
make the cunt do it himself
it's his fucking car not yours
>>
>>13650068
>What happens if I don't do this?
It won't use it's full capacity and it will die sooner that it should. Get a cheap OBD2 bmw-compatible cable and do this registration by yourself.
http://bimmersoftware.com/bmwlogger-2
>>
>>13650138
How soon? Local stealership would charge around 150-250 bucks just for the work. I could get a new battery for that price. Not worth it for two or three months of use.
>>
>>13650068
>E93
>last legs
What the fuck was the owner doing to it
>>
>>13650168
Rarely driving if for once. Less than 8000 miles since 2008
>>
Help
>>
Ok just took appart the back. What the hell. I used to love bmw. Ultimate driving to the dealership machine
>>
>>13653614
Bump
>>
>>13650161
>Local stealership would charge around 150-250 bucks just for the work
What kind part of the
>Get a cheap OBD2 bmw-compatible cable and do this registration by yourself.
>http://bimmersoftware.com/bmwlogger-2
you did not understand faggot?
>>
File: 1343436529549.gif (2MB, 403x234px) Image search: [Google]
1343436529549.gif
2MB, 403x234px
OP has clearly talked up a big "I know cars, fam" game and now he has to walk the walk.

And he's fucking stumbled already.
>>
>>13654896
Again, not fromt the US. Getting an OBD2 cable would be pretty expensive to do right now (50-100 bucks) or take a month or two to ship from abroad.

My question is not HOW to register the battery, but if it's actually necessary or detrimental in any way (particularly to the car, not to the battery)

>>13654923
Dude, talking big 'I know cars' to change a battery? The actual process is easy, if a bit bothering due to all the plastic trim to be removed... I wrench on old shit, not macs on wheels.

>tfw based merch 300D
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.