[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

1986 300ZX

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

Is dis car gud?

I'm looking at a non-turbo version to buy in my area. I've heard bad things about Nissan's v6 engines...but isn't that most of their cars? I was just wondering if anyone had advice/tips/experience with these cars. Just looking for an affordable rwd coupe since I've only driven Hondas before.
>>
get a 280z
>cheaper
>more aftermarket (or reproduction) parts
>easier to work on
>>
>>13638475
>Is dis car gud?
sure if you like ugly old jap shit
>>
>>13638475
I think 84 was the year the switched from the inline 6 the the v6 in that chassis. It took a couple of years to work the kinks out, but those are decent engines. It's not going to randomly blow on you. But it might have some problems seeing as it's like 30 years old.
>>
>>13638498
Typical Amerifat.
The 300z is faster around the Nuremburgering than the new Corvette.
YOU MAD
>>
>>13638475

It's only good if it has the digital dash.
>>
>>13638628
but everything is faster than corvette. even mustangs, even though they dont turn
>>
>>13638475
Have fun when the radiator goes. Kekkekekekekrkr
>>
>>13638485
>cheaper
What?
Are you high?
Are you actually posting from the 80s right now?
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>13642325
Well yeah, it's 1988 bro. What year is it where you are?

>Americans still haven't figured out time travel. Top kek
>>
>>13638475
Know that it will be hilariously slow in addition to not getting good gas mileage.
I think the turbo 300zx barely broke 7 seconds in it's 0-60 time
>>
if you're going to get a 300zx, get the Z32
you get the better engine and a little more cabin room than the Z31 though I will admit working on them can be a bit of a bitch
>>
>. Just looking for an affordable rwd coupe since I've only driven Hondas before.

The honda will feel like like a F1 car compared to this shit
>>
>>13643453
How hard is it to slap a turbo on one of those? I know in a Miata there is a lot of room in the engine bay, but if it's a bitch ot work on one of those, I'd hate to have to fit a turbo and an intercooler.
>>
>>13643539
passenger side wasn't too bad but drivers side...you're going to have to remove a large portion of the engine bay, possibly lift the engine
when I did my 2+2 NA to turbo conversion, I fitted the turbos while the engine was out so I don't have any experience on trying to get them on with the engine in the car
>>
File: 2015-09-09 16.42.39.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
2015-09-09 16.42.39.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
>>13638475
I've got a friend that has one. He blew the engine so we swapped in the turbo v6 with a new ecu and shit. Pretty fun cars. They handle Better than you'd think they do, although my friend has an lsd and I'm not sure if that's optional, but they're kinda gutless despite being a v6. Also expect some things to go wrong. They were the first v6's that Nissan ever built (correct me if I'm wrong) so they're not super reliable as you mentioned.
>>
>>13643550
Oh boy. I'm debating between
>Miata
>240sx
>300zx
>old BMW
>G35
>RX7 FC
to turbo charge (excluding the FC) and autoX and race. Whoch would be the best/easiest to make cheap power and handling?
>>
>>13643586
I can only speak from experience but I really like my 300zx Z32; the miata/240sx doesn't have enough power, the BMW will eat you alive in parts & repair costs, the G35 is pretty nice (my dad has one) but I think it's a little heavy for spirited driving and the RX7 I really enjoy driving but according to a co-worker who owns one, it eats a lot more gas than you think and it's impossible to find a mechanic who is both willing to work on it and won't charge you an arm and a leg for even the simplest jobs
simply one man's opinion
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.