[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

OK, I tired of driving European cars all my life, so I want to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: mancarshutterstock_100114964.jpg (65KB, 464x271px) Image search: [Google]
mancarshutterstock_100114964.jpg
65KB, 464x271px
OK, I tired of driving European cars all my life, so I want to make a change and get something reliable at last. What are the most reliable cars not older than 15 years and under 4k$ I can get in US?
Don't care about clean titles, MPG, or body style. I just need something that will live only on gas and oil changes for quite a while.
>>
>>13635309
Ranger or S10 are good bets aside from some engine configurations
>>
Any panther.
>>
Anything chevy with a 4cyl thats pre-200ish.
Anything toyota, any year.
>>
>>13635318
Coming from personal experience S10's are not reliable.

Chevy's and ford's Full sizes trucks are typically reliable if not spartan.
>>
File: 1396301038577.jpg (13KB, 211x246px) Image search: [Google]
1396301038577.jpg
13KB, 211x246px
>>13635318
>>13635359
>15yo American cars
>good reliability
>>
>>13635383
I had an S10 that I beat the shit out of everyday. I finally killed the tranny at 187k miles. Then got stuck with a pontiac sunfire that I beat the crap out of all the way to 125k, then I sold it.

I used to go offroading with both. There was a fuckhuge subdivision being built near where I lived. Ever get all four wheels off the ground in a FWD shitbox that has 115hp and a 3 speed auto?
>>
>>13635421
>I finally killed the tranny at 187k miles
Here you go. I don't wanna buy a car, and then fix the goddamn tranny that will worth more than the car itself. Already happened to my wife's Mustang with 100k miles on it. She drove it for 15k miles and we've buried more than $3k in repairs, including a tranny overhaul. No old American cars for me anymore
>>
>>13635309
better question is where can an american get an 80's euro shitbox?
>>
>>13635441
Negro, that S10 was my first car and I didnt take care of it at all. Pre-2000 GM was primitive as fuck. You could throw rocks at the engine and fix it. Even the transmissions were from designs that went back to the 70s-80s, that is to say proven designs. Even if it does break down parts are cheap as fuck.

Besides, if you are buying used, its going to be russian roulette anyways no matter what you buy. You dont know if the guy that owned it before you was autistic about maintenance or a dumbass that just added oil and never changed it.
>>
What /o/ thinks about Scion xA, xB and TC in terms of reliability?
>>
>>13635583
http://www.carcomplaints.com/Scion/
>>
>>13635383
Ok, maybe less so for the s10, but rangers are generally regarded as unkillable.
>>
>>13635598
Looks pretty good there, but I'm not sure how indicative those complaints are
>>
>>13635441
Do you expect transmissions and engines to functional properly forever? 200k miles is pretty good for a neglected automatic transmission. Its certainly better than the typical 60k miles that honda and other japanese manufacturers transmissions last for.
>>
>>13635309
Why don't you just get a Camry.
>>
>>13635309
Crown Vics are basically pickup trucks with a sedan body. You can get retired police interceptor models for a fair price
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.