[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do stancefags talk about at carshows?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 242
Thread images: 40

File: image.jpg (103KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
103KB, 800x533px
What do stancefags talk about at carshows?
>>
"yo dat whips fuckin sick yo also yo you know where I cann buy some snapbacks around here fam"
>>
Back pain.
>>
Oil pans.
>>
>>13619764
About how their coilovers, how they want to drop it lower, how they want to trubo their whip, how their car looks hellaflush.
>>
>>13619764
Ball joints.
>>
>>13619764
I would assume suspension, wheels, tires.
/thread
>>
>>13619807
>/threading your own shitty post
>>
File: sd3.jpg (855KB, 1500x1000px) Image search: [Google]
sd3.jpg
855KB, 1500x1000px
> what coils are you running bro?
> how many ohms are you running bro?
> how many volts are you running bro?
> is that bagged?
> whats the width and offset on those?
> what kind of kit is that?

Now you know
>>
>>13619799
Exactly this
>>
>>13619764

I've never seen a stancefag at a real car meet. I think they really only attend stance-specific ones, where it's like 90% made up of their friends.

I did see a few swaggots drive into one last year, it was just some small local meet at a mall. Maybe 25 people tops. They drove up the centre, brapped their fart cans, drove around us all a few times, then swagged out with full clutch dumps and burnt rubber onto a 40kmh street.

Everyone at the meet was checked out by a doctor, and only a few had to start chemotherapy.
>>
>>13619764
Is that the hacker known as 4chan?
>>
File: fagstance1.jpg~original.jpg (54KB, 976x701px) Image search: [Google]
fagstance1.jpg~original.jpg
54KB, 976x701px
>you a top or a bottom bro?
>>
>>13619818
Fucking vapefags, good shit kek
>>
>>13619839
>not asking if vers
Come one now
>>
They're basically ricers.
All they care about is looking #southernfresh, they don't care about performance.
>>
>>13619830
>"I LIKE ALL CARS BRO IM A CAR ENTHUSIAST"
>"Then why don't you go to regular shows too instead of just stance shows."
>"ITS WHAT I LIKE BRO JDM MUSCLE CARS SUCK"
>>
>>13619851
Fucking can confirm. I'm a vaper who has quit smoking but it almost takes a snapback, flatbrim swaggot to make me cringe and want to pick up the cancer sticks. Cloud chasing niggers.
>>
>"bro i got a new gps which tells me the smoothest roads so i can drive my car."
>"hellaflush bro"
>"got a new camera bro, gonna take some MINT pictures"
>"all cars should have a minimum of -5 degrees camber from the factory, lets make it a law bruh"

>pchhchchcplurrrrprpcpcpchchchcppppprprprprpcpch

>"that cloud tho"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ud8AA7hbWaU
>>
>>13619857
You can at least excuse ricers since they don't deliberately damage their car for attention; they just make theirs look stupid
>>
>>13619946
A lot of sports cars run -5 camber, it's actually pretty good. I guarantee your car isn't running 0 camber
>>
>>13619946
>that video
>"yo bro this is so sick we're all lined up stancenation yo badass army shit yo!"
>>
>how the fuck do I find her clitoris bro ?
>>
>>13619955
>-5 camber
no
>>
>>13619955
true, but alot of swagnation kids run -5 + in eco-estates.

>>13619993
dodge viper does
>>
>>13619993
The corvette runs -2 camber factory. Most cars even eco boxes run -0.5 camber. Swagfags run like -9
>>
>>13619983
Just tell her to check her purse, when she loses things it's usually in there
>>
>>13620022
Everything short of an axle runs -0.5 yes, and -2 even in some cases, I really have a hard time believing the -5 thing is common, though.
>>
>>13619764
the relative merits of Monster Energy VS Mountain Dew?
>>
>>13620037
Yeah i mean -5 isn't like super common, but some higher end sports cars have -5 camber, -2 is probably more common omongst sports cars. I'm not advocating stance, just saying camber is a factory thing, swaggits just think more camber = better. When really anything past -5 is utterly ridiculous
>>
>>13620173
01 Civics covered in Instragram stickers are not a "higher end sports car"s
>>
File: 1441597591260.jpg (27KB, 480x248px) Image search: [Google]
1441597591260.jpg
27KB, 480x248px
Went to a few this past summer

>What flavors you runnin'
>Oh shit your vaoe is custom????
>Max camber settings on those coils?
>How much you gotta stretch those tires so it all fits
>Bruh you need a big wing
>Awww shieeet you gotta get super deep dish and have fat lip on those things
>You pull the fender liner off that shit?
>How long until your skid plate tore off
>Shit dude quick releases are sik af

And a whole lot more along those lines. I got so tired of it all that I just said fuck it and went to get lunch or something half the time.
>>
File: front_camber.jpg (104KB, 1000x890px) Image search: [Google]
front_camber.jpg
104KB, 1000x890px
>>13620195
Bro did you go through the thread? I'm talking FACTORY CAMBER you mung
>>
>>13620245
I'm agreeing with you you mung
>>
>>13619946
This video basically confirms every fucking stereotype.
>>
>>13619946
god what a bunch of faggots
>>
>Work at a place
>regular meets of stancefags
>retards constantly either stuck or just fucking stopped to take pictures at exit to job parking lot
>line of mouthbreathers doing this when I just want to go home
>I am this close this getting a lift kit and big tires for the crapcan 2WD Durango I drive just so I can just drive over the embankment instead of waiting for these human filth
>>
>>13619996
>Viper
>factory specs
>-1.4 R -1.4 F

Any cars actually have -5 from the factory?
>>
>>13620292
I'm not sure camber is a hard thing to search, try like F1 cars, lambos, id say stock cars but those are for turning left.
>>
>>13620292
>With unique race alignment and 1.4 degrees more negative camber than the entry SRT model, the 2016 Dodge Viper ACR is capable of sustaining more than 1.5 g on high-speed turns due to the combined chassis and aerodynamic improvements.

meh close enough.
>>
>>13619925
So you suck robot dick anon?
>>
>>13619946
>1:55

the tire is not even on the ground, a 150cc bike has a bigger tire footprint.

colin mcrae would cry if he was around to see this.
>>
>>13619946
2:44

well that explains everything
>>
>>13620309
>like F1 cars
Yes, that seems relevant

>Lambo
Gallardo
F -.4 to -.5 , R -1.2 to -1.3

>>13620415
>2.8 is the same as 5

You aren't going to find a factory car with -5 degrees because it would obviously be extremely stupid
>>
File: speed-and-stance-IMG_2062.jpg (93KB, 672x448px) Image search: [Google]
speed-and-stance-IMG_2062.jpg
93KB, 672x448px
slanted eyes
slanted vagina
slanted wheels
>>
File: calsonic_bnr32_group_a.jpg (376KB, 1024x682px) Image search: [Google]
calsonic_bnr32_group_a.jpg
376KB, 1024x682px
>>13620309
unrelated, but what the fuck is up with Group-A Skylines?
>>
>>13620739
>>
>>13620739
Idk almost anything about camber, i know it had uts benefits but i don't know much
>>
>>13620752
Something to do with the understeer mate
>>
File: cvpi.jpg (216KB, 960x543px) Image search: [Google]
cvpi.jpg
216KB, 960x543px
>>13619764
>camber
>stretched tires
>roof racks
>rolling fenders
>he CAN'T be static
can confirm, went to car meet with stancefriend yesterday. there were a few stanced cars there, but most were stock or had a few bolt ons because broke college kids.
>>
>>13620888
darty steering
>>
Last time I met a bunch of stancefags, they practically spoke ebonics.

The stance community is full of beaners, niggers, and wiggers.
>>
Stance guys are so fucking weird. My shop specializes in track cars, but we did a stanced Z4M once, the owner was a friend of one of our staff and he begged us to work on his car.

So anyway, he wanted a new set of coilovers. We got him some pretty good ones, from a local company that we think makes by far the best suspension under $3500, and paired them with good camber plates and springs. We set the car up to an aggressive track ride height, and then lowered it a bit from there. It handled great, was much smoother to drive than the cheapass shit he had before, and looked pretty badass.

He comes to see it, and of course it's not low enough. So we sink the coilovers all the way down. It's still not low enough for him (note that at this point, it's a good 1/2" lower than his previous setup). We had to take the whole thing apart and replace the springs with shorter ones.

Finally, we get a ride height he likes. He goes for a job, and is appalled that it rubs, despite the fact that we told him before doing the work that it would rub. So we call in one of the best fender rollers in town to come pull the fenders. He comes and discovers that we actually have to max the suspension back out to make enough clearance for his rolling tool to work properly, even at full droop.

So we finally get the car set up, at his preferred ride height, without tire rub, and he leaves happily with his car.

Or so we thought.

The next day, he comes back after work. "This suspension sucks! Good suspension is bouncy, why isn't my car bouncy!" (It was at this point that most of us had to leave the shop, we couldn't take the combination of frustration and hilarity that this situation was giving us.) He wouldn't believe any of us that, no, good suspension is not bouncy, even with 10k springs all around.

Cont'd....
>>
They talk about the mods they did on their new vape pen.
>>
>>13621253
So the whole suspension came out again, another call was made to the spring supplier, this time for 14k springs, which we normally wouldn't put on anything but a competition car. Another evening of installing, aligning, etc followed, and finally the guy came, got his car, and seemed reasonably happy with it.

When we first installed that suspension, it looked great and handled like a track car.

When he left with it, it was a spine-shattering clusterfuck that could barely make a corner.

These guys are fucking retards. That was the first and last stance car we ever worked on.

By the way, if anybody's wondering about the owner, he was a 5'6" or so middle-eastern (Lebanese I think) hairdresser. And he owned a very fancy vape.
>>
File: 15900832544_5a0a1e2a19_h.jpg (428KB, 1600x1060px) Image search: [Google]
15900832544_5a0a1e2a19_h.jpg
428KB, 1600x1060px
>>13621253
>>13621270
Oh, I actually found a pic of the car in question.

Note that this is with the FIRST suspension setup we did, and it's on an upward slope so the front is a bit higher than it would normally be on flat ground.
>>
>>13621270
>>13621253
i hope you charged the crap out of him for the fuck around
>>
They like to talk about reddit
>>
>>13619946
LOOK AT ALL THOSE BORED GIRLFRIENDS
>>
>bro I thought miatas were gay people cars
>bro how much boost you pushing
>bro rotas suck lmao
>bro you smoke actual cigarettes? aren't those bad for you?
>bro the other day I scraped on...
>bro aren't track cars supposed to have a lot of camber for better handling

The list goes on and on and on. The "stance" scene here in vegas consists of mexicans in their civics and wiggers in their trashed s13s and the occasional wealthier 40 year old in a bagged 2014/15 luxury sedan.
>>
>>13621285
Naturally, and of course he complained about it the whole way, too. (You should've heard the bitching about paying for three sets of springs.)

We didn't actually charge him for anything extra, either, just normal labor rate and the cost of the parts.

Oh, I forgot to mention that there was also a whole side thing going on about lugnuts. He kept ordering new sets and asking which ones we thought looked the best on the car, and finally settled on some aluminum ones that we all thought were poorly made and a safety hazard.

I should also mention that this poor car actually started life as a SEMA car for SSR wheels, which is why it had those very fancy custom rims, as well as an incredibly overblown sub enclosure in the trunk, which filled the whole hatch area, weighed somewhere around 150lb, and which we had to pull out every time we needed to make suspension changes. Somehow the car found its way to a local used car lot, which is where the current owner bought it.
>>
File: 1311586639466.jpg (92KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
1311586639466.jpg
92KB, 400x300px
>>13621284
>someone ruined this car
>>
>>13619946
Saw the fag in the miata at 4:00 in person one time. He was talking about fisting
>>
I got stuck behind a stancefag yesterday at a railroad crossing. He couldn't figure a way to get over the railroad, so he had to turn around and it took him 3 minutes to turn around.

He stood at the railroad and I just honked at him for about a minute straight. When he drove around, he was all assmad and called me a "little bitch".

Wish I had my phone.
>>
>>13620911
Why the fuck is he wearing pink glasses? Surely they're not within their uniform regs.
>>
File: 1405862887341.png (757KB, 1198x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1405862887341.png
757KB, 1198x1200px
>>13621800
It's photoshop
>>
>>13619817
>Not wasting years of your life on here to know the lingo.
>>
Went to a local meet in my WRX once
>when you gonna slam it bro??
>stock height is for fags lol
>needs moar low
>lol check out these $3,000 Works on my $1,200 Civic
>you got weed on you??
>haters make me famous
brain dead. every single one of them
>>
>>13619764
>Needs moar low!
>I fucking hate speedbumps!
>Pfff, I bet it's bagged - pussyyyyy!
>Did you see my Instagram pictures?
>Slam it bro! When you gonna slam it?!
>Are you going to the next stancefag show?
>Busted my oil pan for the hundredth time, know where I can buy one for cheap? xD
>Anyone got spare ziptires? Tore my bumper off, again, because low
>Man, my undercarriage is fuuuuuuuucked! Time to sell and repeat
>I want Bride seats but I can only afford replicas. I tell everyone who isn't close that they're legit tho
>My butt hurts and it's not because of my boyfriend
>My tires are stretched the fuck out like my asshole tbh fam smh lmao
>I wish I wasn't a stancefag... if my car would stop breaking because of how retarded I made it, I would be able to afford nicer things!
>There was a dead cat in the road and I couldn't avoid it because of traffic, so my front lip got busted - gonna sell my ride because I don't want to clean that shit up and my cheap coilovers broke prematurely lol
>>
File: 1417605247149.png (628KB, 1688x518px) Image search: [Google]
1417605247149.png
628KB, 1688x518px
>>13623106
>because low
>Needs moar low!
>Did you see my Instagram pictures?
>>
>>13623106
> trying this hard
Pathetic Tbh fam
>>
>>13619764

I thought he was lighting something on fire using a side pipe.

I'm mildly disappointed.
>>
>>13622799

"Yeah, I'm planning on getting the suspension from a Forester. Should give me another 4 inches clearance or so."
>>
>>13619764
Im going to first class fitment at princeton airport NJ next weekend. First time ive been to an event like this so ill tell you guys all about it when i get back
>>
File: IMG_9154.jpg (120KB, 1024x638px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9154.jpg
120KB, 1024x638px
>>13623106
>There was a dead cat in the road and I couldn't avoid it because of traffic, so my front lip got busted - gonna sell my ride because I don't want to clean that shit up and my cheap coilovers broke prematurely lol

I legit knew a guy who had the front bumper ripped off his s2000 because he lowered it too much and hit a dip in the road. He was running lowering springs that were 2" lower than stock, with stupid camber, on OEM shocks, and of course stretched tires, so he was probably close to 3-3.5" lower than stock on a somewhat already low car.
I took a ride in his car because I was interested in his seats he had. At one point in the 2 minute drive, he hit a very minor dip in the road and his car smashed into the pavement and he's like "ya, it rubs a little"

Motherfucker, your car just fucking skipped across the ground. Who the fuck told you that's what rubbing is?

there was another s2000 that was ruined beyond belief. His wheels fit like absolute shit, he had that stupid stretch where the rim is poking out, and the whole fucking thing is poking past the fenders, the offset, camber, and everything was fucked.
I thought, okay maybe he bought these from someone who owned a different car where they fit better. But no. I hear him tell another guy that he had these custom ordered in from work in japan, for 3500$. Yes fucking 3500$ for wheels that fit like absolute shit. Then he shows the guy his phone and he's talking about how "this was my inspiration, so I looked up his specs, and it looked sick. blabla"

The literal autism that manifests within the stancefag community is absolute cancer to the real automotive enthusiasts. Only good thing that comes out of it is cheap parts for when they total their shit in "light rain" and have to part it out.

> inb4 someone saying "hurrdurr, nothing wrong with stance when it's done right"
these motherfuckers literally take pride in fucking their shit up because they get more attention, so don't even go there.
>>
>>13623653
also ran out of room to say it, but that picture isn't the story about the guy with the 3500$ wheels. I just wanted to show you that someone is literally proud of doing that to their car.
>>
>>13623653
>i rode with a stancefag once so i know everything about everyone who likes stance
>>
>>13623653
holy shit do you even stop fucking crying about stance
you are autistic as shit and you are not a car enthusiast. you have no room to bitch about stancefags.
>>
>>13623662
> I told one story about one encounter I had at one specific time.
> somehow you interpret this is all of the experience I've had.

I've been to more than a dozen stancefag meets before. CSCS, erteffa, s2000 meets, random parking lot stancefag meets. and 99% of the time I see a stanced car, it's got some kind of damage as a result of the owner fucking it up.

>>13623664
you make a very valid argument with your post about why I am wrong. Please continue contributing your excellent wisdom to these threads. you clearly know more than me so please tell me where I am wrong.
>>
>>13619955
Maybe sports cars with shitty MacPherson strut suspension. If you have a double a arm suspension and need -5* camber for optimal handling then your bushings are made of jello or your instant centers are in the wrong fucking county. I didn't need to run camber that extreme even when I was designing off road suspensions that were swinging 16" of travel in a 53" track width. It only makes sense in fucking strut suspensions.
>>
>>13623691
You're a bigger faggot than any stancefag ive ever met. I dont even think anyone else on this board gets as butt hurt about stance as you do. Its funny because youve fucked up your own car on numerous occasions because of your own incompetence.
>>
>>13623704
> fucked up your own car
Literally nothing on my car is fucked up as a result of me doing anything to it. The only irreversible damage I've done to it is tap into a wire for some fucking led's. If I wanted, I could put my car back to stock tomorrow, and it would be the exact same as the day I picked it up from the dealer, albeit the extra mileage and fresh fluids.

but continue being wrong.
>>
Someone post that video of the Del Sol vid that had a shot dedicated to his vape.
>>
>>13623653
>He was running lowering springs that were 2" lower than stock
thats not too bad to be honest. a bit aggressive but certainly not retard tier.
pic isnt related by any chance? because if it is, there is literally nothing wrong with it.

>The literal autism that manifests within the stancefag community is absolute cancer to the real automotive enthusiasts
no, shit like this is cancer to all auto enthusiasts. like what you like and dont make autistic rage posts about shit you dont like. fucking faggot.
>>
File: image.jpg (20KB, 179x240px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
20KB, 179x240px
>>13623728
Nope, your hub bearings are already fucked

Enjoy your wheels falling off at 70 mph
>>
>>13623781
No the 2"drop isn't that big of a deal, But with the camber and the stretched tires he was about 3-3.5" inches lower than stock. On oem dampers. And on this car that's retard tier. People don't even lower it that much for racing purposes, let alone for street use.
>>
>>13623451
>This is shit I've listened to and experienced from hanging around with my stancetard bro and his stancetard friends
Yeah, nah, you're a cunt.
>>
>>13623752
i got u fam
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Em7sfRsL2jM
watch any video here for the topest of keks
https://www.youtube.com/user/AutoStormCP/videos
>>
>>13619946
>Those 'burnouts'

I've done better skidz in my underpants.
>>
>>13619764
>>13619839

The exchange numbers so they can organize their gay orgy meets later.
>>
>>13621253
> Things that never happened

The post

Either that or you're all fucking retarded and shouldn't work on cars
>>
>>13623985
>Either that or you're all fucking retarded and shouldn't work on cars

Pot kettle black.
>>
>>13623781
>>13623664
hover over these two posts to see assblasted stancefags

Selfproclaimed "car enthusiasts" everyone
>>
File: 20151009_101952.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
20151009_101952.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
>>13619764

Using rust to roll their fenders.
>>
File: IMG_20151008_160825.jpg (728KB, 1600x1184px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151008_160825.jpg
728KB, 1600x1184px
Stance is love, stance is life.
>>
>>13619764
dope
fully sick
ill as breh
figment on point
built not bought
bags are for shopping
>>
>>13623850

>WTF DID I JUST WATCH
>>
>>13619955
-3 is the practical limit given the profile I run
>>
>>13623850

>NO, SERIOUSLY, THAT WAS FCKING GAY
>>
>>13620739
>>13620752
must not have much camber gain on bump
but what I don't get is the trend towards more camber when tires now have less side wall flex than ever before
>>
>>13619777
>>13619799
is whip what they call car?
>>
File: cracker with his whip.jpg (76KB, 1024x680px) Image search: [Google]
cracker with his whip.jpg
76KB, 1024x680px
>>13624475
Ebonics/ghetto slang
>>
>>13621335
>>bro the other day I scraped on...
KEK
>>
Sounds like you anti-stance fags are miserable people who hate fun.
>>
>>13619764
>"Oh yea, I got a track car at home I'm building. It is pretty slick bro. Gonna hit those corner all sideways and win 1st."
>>
>Complain about speed bumps

Seriously, stancefags are the worst about this. They lower their car to where there is almost no clearance and then complain about the regulation sized speed bumps in their area.
>>
File: CUSCC Show 015.jpg (3MB, 4912x2760px) Image search: [Google]
CUSCC Show 015.jpg
3MB, 4912x2760px
>Do you vape? I vape.
>What offset?
>How much was that?
>Yeah I wanna import one of those.
>Where'd you get that sticker, bro?
>Thinking about plastidipping my trunk.
>Add me on instagram, hashtag #vapestance.
>You need some quick rleases so you can scrape, bruh.
>Camber plates camber plates, camber plates.
>Dad found my weed.
>>
>>13625524
The fender is going to debead that tire one day right?

RIGHT?
>>
>>13625524

>shitting on vaping
>>
File: fedoravape.jpg (87KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
fedoravape.jpg
87KB, 600x450px
>>13625545
He's just a #hater
>>
>>13625538
no
because the tire staying on the wheel has nothing to do with the fender
if the owner maintains his tire pressure it will never debead
>>
>>13625597
just because there's a vocal minority that vape doesn't mean vaping as a whole is bad
>>
>>13619946
>Philly
>dat bmw with an open diff
>some nig throwing west side up
>frs/brz with porsche wheels
>hipsters have evolved, now ride unicycles rather than fixed gear bikes
>wheels worth more than the cars they're on everywhere
>fugfag
>dat caddy though
>>
>>13625631
Its sitting between the tire and the wheel. There is no hope he will go over a pebble and cause horrific damage resulting in his death?
>>
>>13625638
sorry...as a whole.....vaping is bad.

the vocal minority only accentuate the fact.
>>
>>13625685
how is it bad
>>
>>13625687
>paying2inhale harmful chemicals
>>
>>13625695
so, like doing burn-outs
>>
>>13625687
it's a infantile fetish revolving around nursing as a baby. having to have a protuberance sticking out of your mouth that you suck on when in distress points to a severe lack of self control and emotional maturity. You might as well stroke a security blanket in public.
>>
File: scrape.jpg (97KB, 500x502px) Image search: [Google]
scrape.jpg
97KB, 500x502px
>>13621335
>>bro the other day I scraped on...
>>
anyone got the picture of the guy who smashed his oil pan on a road reflector.
>>
>>13620173
>omongst
>>
>>13623653
>on OEM shocks
so he was riding on the bump stops lel
can't even imagine how fucked those things were
>>
>>13625687
It isn't, at least compared to smoking
>>
>>13623850
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Em7sfRsL2jM
>1.5 min and he's finally walking towards his car
>>
>>13625712
>friends of tibet
>>
>>13620700
Would pump and dump tbh
>>
File: 6325_4466_390.jpg (36KB, 390x496px) Image search: [Google]
6325_4466_390.jpg
36KB, 390x496px
>>13623985
remember when you crashed your car
>>
>>13625751
Exacrly
>>
>>13619764
Nothing.
You can't talk with a dick in your mouth.
>>
>>13620911
>Rear door glass isn't even broken

Thank you based Ford
>>
>>13626397
ur mum can
>>
>>13623985
>all fucking retarded and shouldn't work on cars

He said as his shitty Lexus scraped away at 3mph.
>>
>>13624471
I'm fairly sure the idea there is to maintain a large contact patch as the front wheels pivot.
They gain positive camber as they do so.
Gives more turn-in grip and makes the steering feel more responsive.
>>
>>13626412
>mum
leave
>>
I never got the idea of how stancing your car makes it look better. Who started this shit? Some kind of retard group?

I mean, does it ever look good? Does it boost performance? IS THERE ANYTHING PRO about it?

Let me know. Also, a lowered + stanced monster truck.
>>
>>13625421
That's the irony, anti-stance fags enjoy FUN since we can you know actually go fast and turn, and not have to replace oil pans becuase they got scraped on a leaf.
>>
>>13625421
I like a car I can actually drive.
Plus, I can't do very good sick burnouts when I only have 5% of my contact patch.
Sure, they'll be easier, but I'll be burning only a little bit of tire and might be able to spin the tires when I don't want to, fucking up launches.
>>
>>13625695
what, vegetable glycerine and nicotine? about as harmful as drinking a cup of coffee
>>
>>13623850
I remember when that first got posted on here and everybody started talking shit to him, then he disabled comments.
>hurting feelings
>>
File: 1441163796018.jpg (48KB, 500x378px) Image search: [Google]
1441163796018.jpg
48KB, 500x378px
>>13619779
>>
>>13627251

Pro:

It makes her dance
>>
>>13619946
hellafag shit on a subaru

FUCKING TRIGGERED
>>
>>13623850
Its kind of cute though, these guys revolve their whole lives around getting featured on instagram or having a buddy make a slowpan/house music video of their car for them.
>>
>>13622799
>>13623571
tfw I was just researching this the other day

need to get a light/rally/brush bar fabbed up first.

My goal is to piss the stancefags and the brodozer queers off at the same time
>>
>>13623985
I'm curious what would make you think this.
>>
File: miata wheel.jpg (26KB, 434x439px) Image search: [Google]
miata wheel.jpg
26KB, 434x439px
>>13619946
i actually really need to know what wheels these are.
>>
>>13619764
wanna rage?
watch this shit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7ch06J4TIc
>>
>>13625597
Is that Kenny from Kenny vs Spenny on the left?
>>
>>13628662
swag wheels

adds +10 swag to your stanced hellaflush vape ride
>>
>>13628662
There stance wheels. Seriously look it up
>>
>>13629090
no
>>
File: 1441505001129.jpg (111KB, 616x467px) Image search: [Google]
1441505001129.jpg
111KB, 616x467px
>>13628771
I can see why swagfags love this shit. The propaganda is really fucking good
>All those wide angle panning shots
>the low shots of the white cars driving together

>I'm a car guy, only STANCED European and Japanese cars matter to me

Fucking disgusting.
>>
ITT: angry keyboard warriors
They will even try to claim im a stancefag as if it absolves them of their subhuman status
>>
>>13629160
Nah, you're just an old-fashioned idiot.
>>
File: Absolutely disgusting combo.png (164KB, 820x836px) Image search: [Google]
Absolutely disgusting combo.png
164KB, 820x836px
>>13619946
Cringe.

>>13621334
Good point, lel.
>>
I'm not from /o/, I was just passing by so explain this to me in as layman terms as you can.

What's wrong with these cars?
>>13619946
Why are their wheels so tilted? Why are they so low?
Is this a culture thing? Is this something I won't understand because I can't into cars?
>>
File: 1312473816623.gif (2MB, 276x225px) Image search: [Google]
1312473816623.gif
2MB, 276x225px
>>13629144
>wow that's a good looking car
my entire fam hates stance
tfw they first saw oni camber and stretched tires
>>
File: Acura-RSX-Black-With-White-Rims1.jpg (126KB, 1131x707px) Image search: [Google]
Acura-RSX-Black-With-White-Rims1.jpg
126KB, 1131x707px
>>13630942
Its okay, you probably know more about cars than these kids do.

Its basically your average Jordan/snapback wearing teenager with a daily driver who wants to pretend to play Fast and Furious and be a part of a car scene.

They say they're "into cars" but they're really just into JDM/Euro (mostly JDM) cars, swag, and Instagram.

The whole low/wheel tilt shit is part of their "culture". They take boring shitbox daily drivers and convert them into swag instagram mobiles. They all want to be a part of this "fam", so the whole "culture" thing is actually real to them.

They all follow the same EXACT formula. Excessive camber, low, wheels that cost more than the car, stickers, plastidip, snapbacks, vape, instagram.

Its pretty pathetic to complain about what other people like, but I always get my jollies from anti-stance threads.
>>
File: 1440863643283.jpg (101KB, 500x495px) Image search: [Google]
1440863643283.jpg
101KB, 500x495px
>>13619946
>stanced S197

I don't even have an appropriate reaction image to how triggered I am
>>
>>13628771
>Movie title begins with a fucking hashtag
>Keeps showing gollum's obese american cousin and his economy cars
>Soundtrack sounds like rapper showing off his shoes on MTV cribs
>>
>>13619764

I've never seen them at carshows -but from my experiences talking to them, their conversation is limited to coilovers. Absolutely unbelieveable. Every conversation about their car will go back to coilovers, without fail.

Also, some trivia - I live near the guy in the OP's pic.
>>
File: Taking a stance.png (2MB, 1920x1088px) Image search: [Google]
Taking a stance.png
2MB, 1920x1088px
>>13619946
>>13621334
>>
>>13627354
Your lungs are not made to inhale either of those.
>>
>>13625707
>Implying babies suck on nipples other than when they're hungry

I hate vaping too and agree that it's an anxiety escape, but COME ON WITH THE ASSUMPTIONS.
>>
>>13631247
Where does he live? I think he has NY plates if I can remember correctly
>>
>>13621284
>French flag

God no we already have it bad enough.
>>
the worst is the stancefags that have made their way into the drift scene
>>
>>13628771
Why is Chris Pontius from Jackass working on that swaggots Jetta?
>>
>>13631435
because Chris Pontius would be a swaggot if jackass had premiered 10 years later.
>>
>>13631403
this.

a million times, this. never have i heard a more correct statement.

thank you.
>>
File: 1413896437375.jpg (248KB, 900x1201px) Image search: [Google]
1413896437375.jpg
248KB, 900x1201px
>be me
>drive evo VI
>go to car mets
>there's always an idiot that asks me when i'm gonna stance my car
>MFW

the only thing worse is that one faggot who yells, DO A BURNOUT when i'm leaving.
>>
>>13631769
meets*
>>
>>13631769
>the only thing worse is that one faggot who yells, DO A BURNOUT when i'm leaving.

I know that feel, but here its not just 1 fag, almost all the meet joins in.
>>
File: 2011_FIA_GT1_Silverstone_2.jpg (3MB, 3053x1583px) Image search: [Google]
2011_FIA_GT1_Silverstone_2.jpg
3MB, 3053x1583px
>>13627251
small increases or decreases in ride height and camber can be used to increase or decrease traction on the tyres.

that said, this is the kind of thing racing tecnhicians adjust for at the request of the driver, and it's always very small (pic related, notice the front wheels on the aston martin) and can even been seen in F1 (front wheels lightly tilted outwards).

that said, this is for cornering at very high speed, the adjustments are very calculated by the main racing engenier, and done only as a last resort when the driver feels like it would really improve his time.

Stance is just a group of retardeds destroying their cars and public roads to make themselfs feel special.
>>
>>13625435
i've actually hear people say shit like this at my local track.

i never know if i should cringe or laugh.
>>
>>13623850
in one word i can summarize this video

dissapointment.
>>
>>13620284
Rage more you autism sufferer
>>
>>13620700
shes a total babe.
>>
>>13621270
are you in australia?
>>
>>13621284
Not even low. He is clearly italian btw.
>>
>>13621387
You do sound like a little bitch tbh, I wish you took the video of yourself acting like a wanker.
>>
File: 2015-10-11_13-45-45.png (376KB, 640x387px) Image search: [Google]
2015-10-11_13-45-45.png
376KB, 640x387px
>>13619946
What?
>>
>>13623653
Its a rare day I fully agree with a ranting tripfag.
>>
>>13623985
>People that should not own a car

(You)
>>
I don't visit this board very often and I'm not very in tune with car culture

Is this whats become of lowriders or is it something else?
>>
>>13631925
It's something else

unfortunately
>>
>>13631945
whats the difference

I never really got lowriders either
>>
File: sxbz1i.jpg (177KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
sxbz1i.jpg
177KB, 640x480px
>>13631975
low-riders use hydraulics so that they can actually drive

stance kiddies are always like that so they scrape on any slight incline.
>>
>>13631975
Low riders at least tend to have air suspension or hydraulics, but stancefags pride themselves on having permanently undrivable vehicles.

They intentionally make their cars unsafe by shoddily modifying vital components as cheaply as possible. They vastly reduce their traction, turning and braking abilities, as well as risking a tyre popping off the bead due to a massive stretch.

Shit's stupid as fuck.
>>
>>13628662
m technika

that's the proper versions anyway not the shitty gravity cast replicas
>>
File: image.jpg (636KB, 1936x1936px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
636KB, 1936x1936px
I don't get how people enjoy driving around in cars slammed to ground.

I tried it. Bought some coilovers for the car, put them on and lowered it at the suggestion of a friend ("it'll look sick bro"). Top pic is that day. Fucking hated it and raised it up slightly.

Was okay until I put the black wheels on it as they're bigger (17x9 vs 18x10), scrubbed at every bump the exhaust would scrape on the speed bumps we have on base.

Then JCI came due and I had to raise the car and put stock wheels back on it as the black ones stick out too far for their standards. Everything was great again and I could enjoy driving the car. JCI passed and black wheels went back on, and that's where it is now (bottom pic).

I just don't see the appeal, maybe with bags it's okay but having it that low static is miserable. I still get comments on how I should lower it some more, what am I missing out on?
>>
>>13632269
>what am I missing out on?
Nothing, young people simply are showoff faggots.
>>
>>13628518

I wish you well in your work, Anon. I may follow in your footsteps one day.
>>
>>13632277
>>13632269

This, its all about "sik JDM needs moar low broo XDD scape haters make me famous!!"

Stancefags dont actually do any real driving, aside from walmart parking lot meetups
>>
>>13628771

Why? Why the fuck do these people exist? Oh my god, the delusions.
>>
>>13632051

Nah, some people do stance with bags. Slam it to the ground at meets, inflate the bags to leave.

That's really the only stance I can respect. It's a chocolate and vanilla sort of thing, but hey, they like it and they're realistic about the look being non-functional, so they bag their cars. I certainly would never do it to any cars I own, but I'll certainly give them props for doing what they love and doing it right.

Static stance, on the other hand, is fucking cancer. It's basically poorfag jelly because they can't afford sick wheels AND bags. It's the suspension equivalent of that faggot who puts an STi badge on his automatic base model Impreza and insists it's "just as fast/ just as good." It's delusional imitation at its finest, and the cars suffer for it with shredded fenders, oil pans, driveshafts, and so on. I'm willing to bet that the people who bag stance even think they're a fucking cancer on the planet.
>>
>>13633074
yeah you are right about that, but it is frowned upon in stance culture.

for instance "bags are for shopping" stickers everywhere.

but yeah you are right, i was just talking in a general sense
>>
File: image.jpg (33KB, 455x605px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
33KB, 455x605px
>>13631295
>>
>>13619818
so this car is clean as fuck, but how could anyone truly be happy with themselves in a grandpa/poor nigga car
>>
>>13633292
Because even slammed it was still faster than whatever you own :^)

Nah, but I just like it. Great platform to fuck with. Very rewarding when you get it going the way you want
>>
>>13633315
>Very rewarding when you get it going the way you want
Until you crash it into a tree because you are a dumbass stancefag who can't drive
>>
File: 1441929174714.jpg (130KB, 445x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1441929174714.jpg
130KB, 445x1000px
>>13633315
My little ranger is faster than you and only because I can drive it without hitting things.
>>
>>13633335
A curb, and I know you wouldn't know much about this being you're still on mommy's tit, but when you break something you fix it :)
>>
>>13633368
I have a 99 Ranger 4 cylinder and it's fucking awful
America should have never tried to make a small truck
It's unkillable though thing keeps fuckin running
>>
>>13633368
No way. That asshat ruined his shitbox haha.
>>
>>13633381
>I have a 99 Ranger 4 cylinder and it's fucking awful
>America should have never tried to make a small truck
How so I think it's a decent truck if you only need to haul small stuff and don't need to tow. It gets good mileage and is like you said un-killable.
>>
>>13633390
I'm pretty sure he fixed it after that. He also crashed a ls400 as well, but didn't post any pictures.
>>
>>13633390
Yeah. He hit a small bump in the road while it was slightly raining and he blamed it on that, not his shitty suspension set up.
>>
>>13633403
I put my fucking tool box in it and the little shit was struggling so bad, especially going up hill lol.
My V6 Toyota nearly 10 years older did it like nothing though and surely the 22re would have been capable of it also

>>13633413
Oily patch + semi slicks = no bueno lol
Wasn't even stanced

>>13633411
I haven't owned an LS400 in 4 years bruh
>>
>>13633426
4bang rangers and the 3.0 are straight light use and I mean light. The only engine worth a damn was the 4.0l v6 and it's still not even that great. I still think it's a good truck, I'm able to haul material and my tools for work just fine while not having to spend a fuckload on gas.
>>
>>13633487
So you mean to say they made a truck that can't haul a thousand pounds of shit?... Well that's retarded
The 4 cylinder Toyotas and Nissan hardbodys did it effortlessly
>>
>>13633506
>So you mean to say they made a truck that can't haul a thousand pounds of shit?
>The 4 cylinder Toyotas and Nissan hardbodys did it effortlessly
Did I really just read that? There is no way a 4cylinder Tacoma or Frontier could haul a 1000 pounds of shit effortlessly. If you think that then your completely delusional.
>>
>>13633603
With a lot less effort than this shitty Ranger*

Better?
>>
saw a car some of you may have liked this weekend.

>R32 skyline
>smallest wheels possible to fit over brakes
>large (60?) profile tires (comparatively speaking)
>raised atleast 2 inches.

car was set up for dirt track racing. was pretty neat.
>>
>>13633691
sounds lame tbh
>>
>>13633620
I've driven both 4 cylinder ranger and tacoma and they both feel equally gutless and disappointing. Tacomas are nicer trucks by all means, but if you just want a cheap truck that's super reliable the ranger is bretty good.
>>
File: 20151011_191049_Richtone(HDR).jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20151011_191049_Richtone(HDR).jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
Put like 50-75 surplas silver tip rounds through my 1942 Refurb Izzy 91-30 last year. Sprayed CLP in the barrel and ran a couple patches through. It's gathered dust since then.
It's a bad pic but you can see the crusty shit in the rifling. Also look how far down it is before my rifling starts. Should i cut the barrel to down to that point?
>>
>>13635907
My bad, meant to post this on /k/ on another tab
I'm retarded
>>
>>13635912
>Not simply deleting your post
how nu r u
>>
>>13628771
I saw a couple of those cars at drift con and they were shit close up. Like they look decent in that video but IRL they had sanding scratches in their bondo covered bolt on bondo panels. Amateur shit.
>>
>>13633074
>slowly killing your suspension
>i can respect that.
>>
>>13633315
pretty sure my car go do more than 15mph without stopping because of the damaged oil pan...
>>
File: rage.jpg (106KB, 299x1082px) Image search: [Google]
rage.jpg
106KB, 299x1082px
>>13628771
>>
File: Funny.gif (2MB, 251x185px) Image search: [Google]
Funny.gif
2MB, 251x185px
>>13637090
reminds of something that hapenned a while back

>be me
>live 2 minutes away from mountain pass
>have to go up and down it every day late at night (coming home from work).
>go full dagumi
>start holding car meets at the top, do races down, all sorts of fun shit
>not a stance fag to be seen
>go visit my cousin (city)
>go to my first "city" car meet
>1 in 4 are stancefags
>appauled
>one of them starts arguing he's faster than me
>doesn't want to race in the city (neither did i, cops everywhere)
>invite him to the mountain pass
>a few days pass, he shows up
>says he can't race
>call him a pussy
>says his car can't do it because of the pot holes and the suden changes in elevation
>tells me he had trouble getting here under the speed limit and almost snapped his bumper off
>tell him to fuck off
>laugh the hole way home
>MFW

fucking hell, the road is not in it's best shape, but not being able to drive it is ridiculous.
>>
>>13631184
I just don't get why you'd make your car perform worse on purpose.
>>
>>13638446
to get attention. the same reason people have been doing stupid shit since the dawn of mankind.
>>
>recently got my own car
>nothing special just a 96 acura
>first day of the semester at auto class see a row of stancefags parked out front
>fat one asked me when I'm dropping my car
>"sorry man don't feel like destroying my first ride"
>"wtf smh fam such a pussy not wanting to be bout the life"
please tell me this isn't at every college shop class
>>
>>13638456
don't worry. most of them drop out.
>>
>>13619834
yes and he will steal your memes unless you you say "i stance memes on anonomooze fabrick"
>>
>>13619764
and here i was thinking the miata couldn't get any gayer
>>
>>13638464
>>13638464
pun non intended.
>>
>>13619996
oh you mean the acr the one with a huge spoiler that generates massive down force, no that one only has -2,8.
>>
HELLA SIK STANCE Y00000000

also im a faggot
>>
>>13638679
yeah, the trip game that away...
>>
>>13638709

GS400goy doesn't have a tripcode
>>
>>13638716
oh shit, didn't even notice that.

why?
>>
>>13638717

No idea, probably so he can say that hes a fag without anyone noticing its actually him
>>
>>13619946
I want to stance a cherokee and go to one of these things to fuck with people
>>
>>13628662
turbofans
clearly fake ones
>>
>>13631901
is that a fucking spare
>>
>>13630942
ok, simplyfied

they lower the car as close to the ground as possible and tilt the wheels (camber) to make it even lower.

>what's wrong
a couple things.

firstly, it decreases, and sometimes even negates any handling capability the car had, the car usually becomes missaligned and the turning ratio goes to shit

secondly, the ride confort and quality disapear, you feel every bump on the road

thirdly, even minor hurdles, like leaves or small rocks will damage the undercarriage, not to talk about elevation changes or "bumps", which will sometimes take the bumper straight off

>but why do they do it
for attention.

some will argue that it has a beneficts in speed, but in fact, it doesn't, as far as racing is concerned, this guy has it somewhat right >>13631799
Thread posts: 242
Thread images: 40

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.