[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Well it happened to me. I knew better. Went to Walmart to have

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 178
Thread images: 13

File: oil2.jpg (104KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
oil2.jpg
104KB, 640x480px
Well it happened to me. I knew better. Went to Walmart to have my oil changed because lazy. Not 5 miles down the road SMOKE EVERYWHERE. Immediately pull over and sure enough the entire underneath of my car is COVERED in oil. I called them and crawled inside the guys asshole. Going in tomorrow to figure out what they're gonna do about it. Hopefully my engine isn't damaged.
>>
This is your fault for taking your car to Walmart. What the fuck man.
It's an oil change, just do it yourself.
>>
>not changing your own oil
>>
>>13609244
>>13609247
Yeah, I accept that. My car sits pretty low and I don't have jack stands readily available. But really how do you fuck that up?
>>
>>13609265
Well, the guy who did it took a 2hr course on how to do an oil change and got a "oil change tech" cert

But seriously that guys is probably making less than minimum wage to do something any person with a modicum of intelligence should do themselves.
>>
Ouch.

This is why, on the occasions that I can't/don't want to change my own oil, I take my car to the dealer. At least if they fuck it up the warranty guys can't say you took it to a sketchy place and refuse to fix your shit.
>>
>>13609223
>op drives back tomorrow
>oil light comes on mid trip
>raging so hard OP doesn't notice
>engine is kill
>OP stuck in shitfight for next two years trying to get a new motor
>OP is lose
>left only with a shitbox as dead as his dreams

i see the future
>>
I don't feel bad for people when this happens to them tbh

Changing your oil is the easiest thing you can do, takes like 30 mins and the tools required for the job are cheap and easy to get
>>
>>13609323
It's quite hard for some of us to do, though. I've lived in apartments that prohibit any kind of car work in their parking areas, and my current house is on a steep hill where it's not safe to jack a car up.

I'm fortunate in that I used to work at a shop and the owner still lets me come work on my cars there after hours, but if I didn't have that I'd be paying people to change my oil too.
>>
>>13609223
I work at a car lot and one of my coworkers was high and forgot to put the oil filter back on a van they did a oil change on and the engine literally burnt up a mile down the road.
>>
>>13609348
Pretty sure autozone lets you wrench in their parking lot
>>
>>13609323
Money is time
>>
>>13609265
>My car sits pretty low and I don't have jack stands readily available.

stock height ftw

I used to be like you. Just have to hav da low. I recently got a all stock 02 wrx and was promptly reminded that nothing beats zero prep time. just pop the plug, pull the filter, drain, have a beer, plug up and screw on new filter, fill up. done. No fiddling with jack stands or ramps.
>>
>>13609356
Well now you're wasting even more time and money since they fucked up your car
>>
>>13609354
Yeah, but that turns a 30 minute job into an hour and a half job.
>>
>>13609354
Faggot
>>
>>13609368
How does changing your oil at an autozone add an extra hour to an oil change?
>>
>>13609363
Yeah im not advocating Walmart oil changes but doing it yourself is more expensive. Plus no waste oil to deal with
>>
>>13609356
That's a good argument for doing it yourself. At shops you usually arent first in line and the techs arent always as rushed as you are.
>>
>>13609404
10 minutes to load all the shit into my car, 20 minutes to drive to Autozone, 30 minutes to do the oil change, and another 30 to get back home and unload all the tools.
>>
>>13609417
5 quarts of oil - $12 at walmart
Oil filter - $5

$17 total cost. Where do you get your oil changed where its cheaper than that?
>>
>>13609417
But you can make sure the work is done correctly plus you can choose what oil/filter to use while the $20 option at walmart will use the cheapest shit available

>>13609435
And like this guy said, it can be even cheaper if you buy the cheap shit yourself
>>
>>13609435
wtf kind of shit oil are you using that's $12 for 5 quarts?

The cheapest shit I can get for my car is like $6.99 a quart.

Insanely enough, It's actually cheaper to use a coupon and have the Ford dealer change my oil than it is to use my wholesale account at the same Ford dealer and buy the supplies.
>>
>>13609448
10w30 five quart jugs are 11 and change at wal-mart. It's a lot cheaper when you buy the 5 quart jugs
>>
>>13609417
>doing it yourself is more expensive
Have you talked to your doctor about being clinically retarded?

I can change my own oil with synthetic and a premium filter for the same price as Walmart charges for their changes.
I am running Edge in my gfs Mazda 3 right now. Picked up five quarts and a K&N filter for $30 at Advance a couple months ago. Took me 30 minutes.

I could save shekels and buy the cheapest conventional and filter for $20 or less on any given day just by googling the weekly auto parts fliers.

My oil change runs about $75, but I run Red Line group V.
>>
>>13609448
>buying universal fluids from a dealership
Yeah, you're an idiot.
Try your local auto parts and department stores, your fucking mongoloid.
>>
>>13609348
this, i live in an apartment too and the oil change is the same cost as if i were to do it myself. i know its fucky oil but whatever
>>
>>13609356
in this situation, not so much

more than likely you're going to be idly waiting in the waiting room sipping on "free" coffee doing nothing productive. Your car is also probably not going to be serviced as soon as you give them the keys since there are other people ahead of you. So that's more time wasted. Not only are you doing nothing with your time, you're also paying a premium for the service. That 19.99 oil change special always excludes taxes and bullshit fees. You'll be luck to get out of there paying less than 40 bucks. The only way the TIME IS MONEY argument comes into play is if you drop off your car and leave to do something productive. But you know damn well that the techs put your car on the lowest priority since you're not there to complain. Meaning you could very well show up to pick up you car only to find out that they just rolled it into the service bay. And then you wait.

A diy oil change should cost around 20-30 bucks (cheaper if you want to) and shouldn't take no more than 30 minutes +15min for prep and clean up. So 45mins and 30 bucks later you're back to being productive or doing other shit that needs attention.
>>
>>13609417
>Plus no waste oil to deal with

>pour waste into freshly emptied oil container(s).
>cap the container(s) and place container(s) in a plastic bag
>drive to fire station on the way to work with container(s) in the trunk
>dump waste in proper receptacle
it's not that hard
>>
>>13609531
>They do this shit anywhere but in my state
Stop being so retarded anon
>>
>>13609472
I didn't say I buy them OR that I get the dealer to do it, just that it's actually slightly cheaper to get the $29 special from the dealer than to buy the filter and oil from them with my shop discount.

I work at a highly regarded performance shop and obviously know what oils to use and where to get them. However, none of them are bullshit that Walmart or most normal parts stores carry. (We use Liqui-Moly for BMWs and OE spec Castrol or Motul in Porsches, depending on intended use.)
>>
>>13609554
Any autoparts store will yake your used oil.
Stop being a lazy nigger.
>>
>>13609559
Oh, let me amend that, the OE spec Porsche oil is actually a Mobil 1 variant. Castrol makes the ridiculously overpriced and hard to get grease for the center locks.
>>
>>13609564
Not for free you jiggaboo. Not anywhere but your shit state where the recycling is subsidized by your 'hard-earned' tax dollars. Stop being so geocentric you narcissistic cunt
>>
>>13609587
Yes, for free.
And in the first world, California, your city provides recycling jugs to put out with the trash. Used oil is worth cash. I can filter it myself and run it as fuel in my diesel e350, you ignorant fuck.
You ARE the reason dealership employees are stereotyped as moronic goons.

Are you a dirty slav?
>>
You guys think getting rid of oil from one change is hard? Try like 200 gallons.

My shop doesn't do normal maintenance, so we never thought it was really an issue. We pretty much only drain oil when we're pulling a motor to do a swap, or doing changes on our personal cars or the shop's race cars.

And then, one day, we realized that our 50 gallon drain tank thing was full. So we started draining into 5 gallon pain buckets, "temporarily."

Eventually we had like 200 gallons of oil stacked up in the corner, and all of the services around either cost a fuckton, wanted a long-term contract, or had super anal rules about contamination in the oil, and we couldn't be sure if the idiot shophands had been keeping coolant separate from oil. (In fact, we were pretty sure they had been grabbing whatever half-full bucket was convenient to drain radiators into, regardless of what was already in it.)

We ended up taking a bucket each to each of the local parts stores every few days for like a month before it was all gone.
>>
>>13609223
you stupid fuck
you knew better
>>
>>13609607
It's free at some places in Kansas, and not free at others. It's considered a "hazardous waste product" so you get charged a disposal fee. And yes, they sell the waste oil. It's like commercials on pay TV, they make it on both ends.
>>
>>13609610
>being a lazy nigger in a shop full of lazy niggers
You disgust me.
>>
>>13609587
the fuck you talking bout willis!?

almost every auto parts store will recycle your oil free of charge regardless of how shitty the state you live in. Look up your local autozone, pep boys, o'reilly's, napa, advanced auto parts, and im sure most will have a free recycling service. They also take old batteries. There's value in used oil and batteries.
>>
File: 1355964227148.jpg (63KB, 399x382px) Image search: [Google]
1355964227148.jpg
63KB, 399x382px
>not pouring your used oil down water drains

Nice job wasting gas to drive somewhere just to dump it.
>>
>>13609297
Sure, but how many others here do you think still have a warranty? Privately sold Miatas don't come with warranties you know :]
>>
>>13609637
Not him, but no places have free oil disposal unless they qualify as a "green something or other" with our state. They are incentivized with tax breaks. Otherwise, they charge you a hazardous waste disposal fee.
>>
>>13609639
>Taking time to find a water drain
Seriously just pour it in your backyard. If you really want to do a nice job dig a little hole, pour it in and then cover it up.
Hell you could even just dump it on your neighbors driveway when they aren't home.
>>
>>13609644
that's pretty shitty. it's like they want people to do this>>13609639
>>
>>13609639
>not just throwing it in the trash
>>
>>13609639
>not just drinking it
>>
>>13609658
>>13609639
Even as a joke, dont post that shit. Some idiot out there will listen to you and do it. We already have enough idiots dirtying up the water supply, we dont need any more.
>>
>>13609644

What state is that bud?
>>
>>13609660
I agree, but it's easy to find one that takes the oil for free. They need to start doing this with tires too. Tires are something else they charge a disposal fee for, but then they turn around and sell them. Even bald tires have value nowdays. They shred them and use them for all kinds of shit.
>>
>>13609223
This happened to my friend last year, they'll cut you a check.
>>
>>13609695
it's not like they cant afford it. It's fucking walmart
>>
>>13609284
Min age is called min wage because it's the fucking minimum, you can't make less than it unless you're a tipped employee which he is not. Also, I never even took a course for oil changes. They just had me follow around one of the older guys who taught me how to do an oil change. Worse Iv ever done was scratch the inside barrel of someones wheel smacking off wheel weights with a screw driver because I couldn't find the scratchless tool. Felt real bad about that.
>>
File: 1437623578988.gif (3MB, 350x300px) Image search: [Google]
1437623578988.gif
3MB, 350x300px
>Going to a company infamous for hiring the mentally handicapped for car maintenance.
>>
>>13609742
They hire mentally handicapped people for everything
>>
>>13609424
jack
stands
wrench
drain pan

Takes 30 seconds to lift them into your trunk. You have to go somewhere to buy the oil anyway.
>>
>need battery
>lol no money
>walmart has cheapest batteries
>whatever, 2 year no questions warranty
>takes them TWO AND HALF fucking hours to put a goddamn battery into a Jeep Cherokee
After an hour I was tempted to have them just push it out the garage door and give me the battery to do myself.
>>
>>13609769
How?

Did chrysler put jeep batteries in the fender too?
>>
>>13609774
It's literally like a two minute job. The battery just sits in the front right corner completely open and accessible.
>>
>>13609774
ever heard of backlog
and yours is probably not the only car in their shop at this moment
>>
>>13609644
Leave it out back in containers after the store is closed. What are they gonna do? Not dispose of it?
>>
>>13609691
Most shops leave the used tires outside. Just steal them.
>>
>>13609223

>taking your car to Walmart
>not changing your own oil

>>13609435

>buying cheap Walmart oil

>>13609356

>not enjoying spending time taking care of your car

>>13609639

>not recycling your oil

This entire thread is filled with plebs who need to be purged from /o/.
>>
>>13609835
>>buying cheap Walmart oil
Are you one of those oil snobs? Who cares what you paid for your oil, it's the specification that matters.
>>
>>13609819
>what is triage
If it's something that's a two minute job, I'd rather find a stopping point in an actual two hour job and get the poor fuck out of there. And besides that, I was the only one in the shop because it was like 6 PM.
>>
>>13609618
The problem was that we won a championship and built a bunch of winning customer cars, business exploded, and we ended up pulling like 70 hours a week and still barely keeping up with the stuff coming in the door, even though we were saying no to probably 70% of the people who came to us for work. We were so slammed keeping up with builds, fabrication, etc. that we didn't have time to do stuff like take oil for disposal.

We finally dealt with it by admitting that we needed a permanent staff member whose primary job was keeping the shop in order and finding somebody.
>>
>>13609678
this

>this kills the earth
>>
>>13609745
Anyone that applies to Wal-Mart is mentally handicapped.
>>
>>13609678
What does it matter? You're already drinking water that's been pooped and peed in.
>>
>>13609905
>says the unemployed guy
>>
>>13609910
>You're already drinking water that's been pooped and peed in
Biohazards are a billion times easier to get rid of than industrial ones.
>>
File: 20130901-080047-132-303.jpg (84KB, 500x560px) Image search: [Google]
20130901-080047-132-303.jpg
84KB, 500x560px
>>13609910
>>
>>13609917
But there's already oil in the ground anon. Anthrax and arsenic too.
>>
File: 5615686547_d08589cb6a_b.jpg (585KB, 1024x819px) Image search: [Google]
5615686547_d08589cb6a_b.jpg
585KB, 1024x819px
>mdbfw people think human beans aren't part of the eco system and all poisons and chemicals come from the earth
>>
>>13609930
>next up: human meat grinders to produce vitamin juices to feed to the young and elderly
>>
I used to change my own oil but now I usually have a shop do it because it costs about the same as buying my own oil and filter, I don't feel like or have the time for dealing with all that mess, and having maintenance records from a shop increases resale value.
>>
>>13609361
This. The clearance on my outback allows me to just shimmy under to do an oil change and some other minor stuff.
>>
>>13609959
Some truth to this. In the deadly winter I'll get a place to do it than end up like Buck from Everest under my car. Though I don't do oil changes myself to save money but instead to buy synthetic oil and a better filter. Those quiklube places use shit oil and the shit pile of shit pile of fram filters. Slim margins for them gotta be made somewhere.
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 2592x1936px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 2592x1936px
>>13610318
True I do it for good quality too
Also
>not wanting to slap one of these up there instead of johnnys quick dick sticker
>>
>>13609356
>drive to the mechanics
>wait 30 minutes for them to change your oil
>drive back
>took you 50 minutes
>could've done it yourself in 30
>>
>>13609223
>be me
>onna long ass roadtrip
>notice AT fluid low
>stop in nearby town look for oil servie place
>walmart only one open
>go in for a oil change and ask them to check / top off all fluids
>they say sure.
>get car back and drive off
>oil is a quart over full
>transmission fluid still fucking low
.fuck walmart auto services man
>>
>>13609724
Pep boys pays $7.00/hr + 6.00 flat rate for GST oil change monkeys

Which, I suppose, is technically better than minimum wage but not by much

>>13609435
Wait for monroe or pep boys to send you a $14 oil change coupon

I use that for my cavalier when I don't want to do it myself because fucking GM put the oil filter on the back of the engine against the firewall
>>
>>13610512
takes no longer than 15 once you know what you are doing.
>>
>>13609284

Walmart starts at 10/hour for oil and lube associates.
>>
>>13609742

It's more like they get tired of dealing with stupid people day in and day out so they stop giving a damn and stop being helpful.

You can only point at huge ass signs saying where an item is so many times before you stop caring.
>>
>>13609824
Take your license plate number from the surveillance video and report you to the county sheriff.
>>
Mr.Lube is superior. In and out in under 20 min and I can stay in the car while they do all the work.
>>
>>13609691
Bald tires are definitely not worth anything to a shop. They aren't cheap to get rid of either. And you have to store then inside or the EPA gets all butthurt.
>>
>>13609223
Lawyer up dude
>>
>>13609905
anybody who would rather be an unemployed neet instead of having a job is mentally handicapped
>>
>>13609354
What kind of hick ass town do you live in? All Vato Zones where I live are in shopping centers so you can't be caught doing anything in the parking lot. You'll get ticketed.
>>
>>13610919
Yeah and Mr Lube fingers your fat hairy asshole while waiting?
>>
>>13609356
Why are you on 4chan then?
>>
>>13610901
Hasn't happened yet.
>>
>>13611367
Or just comfy.
>>
>>13611497
Maybe its yours that's the hick ass town. IME most 'zones are stand alone.

And if you're gonna wrench on it, go around the side of the building. Not right out front.
>>
>>13610997
In sofl used tires are stored outside unsecured for the most part. You can have them for free if youre quick enough.
>>
>>13609223
I hope your engine is fucked. No sympathy here. You deserve it.
>>
>>13609840
and i bet you buy your gas at rotten robbies too
>>
>>13609639
>mfw that many people took that bait
>>
>>13611510

My asshole is not hairy!
>>
>>13609847
>>what is triage
>If it's something that's a two minute job, I'd rather find a stopping point in an actual two hour job and get the poor fuck out of there. And besides that, I was the only one in the shop because it was like 6 PM.

And that's why they need my car all day for a two-hour job... because cunts like you can't wait for their car.
>>
>>13609676
> Drinking it
> Not pouring it into martini glasses and sipping it

>>13610769
You... You couldn't just find the transmission fluid and top it up yourself?
You didn't check it before setting off?
You drive a fucking automatic?

>>13609348
>It's quite hard for some of us to do, though. I've lived in apartments that prohibit any kind of car work in their parking areas, and my current house is on a steep hill where it's not safe to jack a car up.

This gives me an Idea. A car park (Sorry, a 'parking lot' for you deprived Americans without freedom to work on your car) where you can work on cars.
Charged by the hour. Vending machines for oil, various fluids, and hand wipes. Sinks available for washing hands and tools, and drain points for the fluids.
>>
>>13610769

Walmart doesn't do transmission fluids or flushes at all. Never have.

They do wheels, oilchanges and filters.
>>
>>13609587
You seem as if you are very dumb.
>>
>>13609847
The do the jobs in the order they came in, youre not a special snow flake and its not their job to make sure that YOU got out the door as soon as possible. Why the fuck were you having somebody else install your battery for you anyway, was your boyfriend too busy?
>>
File: bait_stay_night.png (61KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
bait_stay_night.png
61KB, 800x600px
>>13609639
>>
>>13609265
Nigga i have seen the oil change guys at a Walmart accidentely send a Jeep hurtling forward off a lift cause they cant into manual transmission.
Do everything yourself for peace of mind.
>>
>>13610324
God damn I want these!
>>
>>13609223
Holy fuck I love parking on this side of the building and just come strutting in the store through the side entrance. Does anybody else do this? It's usually right next to the outdoors and automotive supply section too.
>>
>>13609223
Did you get a refund?
>>
>>13615400
The one closest to me has it in the back, around the corner from the outdoor world entrance. I checkout there too, since there's usually an aspie cashier back there. Literally aspie, I went to school with the guy. He always forgets to ring at least one item up.
>>
>>13609669
>my preferred method of disposal
>>
I think you might have an oil pan issue
>>
File: sendimage.jpg (9KB, 392x294px) Image search: [Google]
sendimage.jpg
9KB, 392x294px
>>13614159
>>13611591
>look guise isss bait
>see guise i tole you isss bait
>he trying to trole you guise
>isst bait i sware
>>
Toyota Lube Tech here.

Just today I had to drill and tap an oil pan on a car that had last been serviced at Walmart.
>>
>>13612206
>A car park
Sounds like a good idea until some asshat just drains their oil right onto the pavement, and the EPA flips their shit and shuts it down.
>>
>>13615072
Same. Who do I throw money at to get some?
>>
>>13615072
Found them. http://www.ebay.com/itm/4x-WAT-Racing-Development-Super-Eurobeat-Oil-Change-Sticker-Remider-/121637740525
>>
>>13609607

Don't talk shit about slavs faggot

I'm a corner-squatting, vodka swilling, track suit wearing piece of shit slav and even I know how to dispose of my goddamned used oil.

Which just so happens to be free in my state (Pennsylvania) as well.
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>13615957
>>13615988
>paying money for those

You done fucked up

That anon was selling em on eBay, so I had a couple rolls made and gave them to people for free.
>>
>>13609417
>save used oil for fire starter

Bruh it's better than gas.
>>
>>13611589
You're a fucking retard all gas stations in the area have the same suppliers dumbass.

But hey, a fool and his money soon part.
>>
>>13609905
>Anyone that applies to Wal-Mart is mentally handicapped.
>Anyone

Unless you're a store manager or pharmacist. Walmart, as a company, pays some serious cash for seasoned managers and pharmacists.
>>
>>13616066
Wal-Mart doesn't pay salary managers half of what Target does. IMO the job is hard and harder to get than Target also. I've worked at a few Wal-Marts and Targets.
>>
>>13609917
Gravel, sand, lime and lots of chlorine.
That is how your city probably cleans your shit water before it goes on your tap. I used to be a "water tester" trust me i know. Lets not forget the floride
>>
>>13609639
>Uncle was a mechanic
>Worked out of his backyard
>He would dig holes and just dump it in there

Whats wrong with that?
I moved into his house years later and trees and grass and shit grew just fine
>>
>>13616032
If you like milk in your gas, then i recommend you go to the cheap place.
>>
>>13616032
You're an idiot.
>>
>>13612223
I only asked them to check and top off the ATF, not change it.. which they said they did on the service order. but they either didn't do it or they did it wrong.
>>
>>13609244
Not OP, but this shit happens everywhere- not just walmart. Any quicklube / muffler shop / even dealers will fuck up.

If you can't DIY it, you should at the very least take a quick look under the car after you get the oil changed to make sure they actually put the drain bolt back in and it's not leaking all over the place.
>>
>>13618382
Perhaps they changed the oil, and then somehow managed to pour the tranny fluid in the oil filler?
>>
>>13609354
>Pretty sure autozone lets you wrench in their parking lot
not everybody lives in the ghetto
>>
>>13609639
>not using the dirty oil to get your old tires burning..

its like you want the liberals to win.
>>
Might as well ask this here: Is there a big difference between regular and high millage oil?

Any brands to avoid?

Do you have to use the same oil brand in the car or is there nor real difference?
>>
>>13621020
bobistheoilguy.com
>>
>redditting this hard
>>
>>13617097
It goes into the aquifer and poisons the already diminishing water supply. Please die
>>
>>13610997
when i was younger like 8-10 my dads shop kept them outside. that was 10 years ago though.
>>
>>13615957
>>13615988
http://autoshopexpress.com/service-reminder-stickers.html
Ask for the WAT Racing logo stickers if I remember what >>13616019 told me.
>>
>>13621020
Regular conventional oil does its job as oil, essentially that's it. High mileage oil is the same thing but has special additives that do a slightly better job lubricating worn engines.

Don't use Valvoline or Quaker State. Just stick with Pennzoil/Castrol/Mobil-1 and don't go with FRAM for hilters.

Different brands have slightly different compositions, but as long as its an official SAE rated oil it will be compatible with your vehicle.
>>
I was a Walmart TLE slave for 2 1/2 years. Ask me anything related y'all want. I will tell you anything except the store location.
>>
>>13623450
What was your average customer like?
>>
>>13623450
how much did the techs blatantly fuck up?
>>
>>13623470

Average customer was usually a single parent or Hispanic guy wanting everything on the cheap.

>>13623481

Honestly a fuck up was pretty rare. Our crew actually knew what we were doing. Some of the fuck ups I witnessed were discovered months after a job was done by other problematic employees who had left months before.
>>
Went in to get two tires + mounting and balancing once and went shopping as well. Spent an hour and a half shopping and when I was done, it wasn't even halfway done.
Seriously, it was like 3pm on a tuesday. I dunno if it was store specific, but do you just fuck around from day to day
>>
>>13611563
That is actually a nice thing to say. Because if his engine dead, they have to buy him a new engine.

>>13623199
Different anon. Quaker State is the official SAE rated oil for my trucks. Short of buying Motorcraft. I do buy Motorcraft oil filters.
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-09-02-19-38-14.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-09-02-19-38-14.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>13611742
>>
>>13624752
I don't understand how. Quaker State is a hella watery-like oil that does a bad job at doing what oil is suppose to normally do. Unless you change your oil on the dot every 3k, shit builds sludge up fast.
>>
I'm a TLE "technician" ama

was making $285/day in oil/gas, got laid off now i work with a fat, autistic fuck who doesn't know what proper hygiene is.
>>
>>13624752
>TRASHCAR idiot
It isn't the brand it's the grade, numbnuts.
Enjoy your sludge. No wonder Fords turn to shit.
>>
>>13609223
>fucks up an oil change

how?
>>
>>13609607
>california
>first world

good one, anon
>>
>>13609769
Took my IS300 there for a battery change too, for the first time. I didn't think it would take soo goddamn long to change a battery. Seriously, I could've just done it at the parking lot with my multitool in less than a minute. Also, the dude managed to smear oil on my fender, probably because he was messed with oil and leaned on my car without a mechanic's mat. Only reason I took the car there was because the bad battery could be used for credit towards the replacement.
>>
>>13630787
Flyover fag, detected.
Our wetbacks are more civilized than you, and can actually turn a wrench.
Stay poor and uneducated, red state christfag.
>>
>>13616019
So because some anon was going to get maybe $20 profit selling stickers, you spent $60 of your own money? Damn bro u r straight bad ass.
>>
>car is too low
>shops refuse to put my car on their lifts

Meh
>>
>>13631977
Tbh, I spent way more than $60 between the stickers and shipping them to everybody. Plus I just wanted some for myself, and after seeing how cheap the rolls were, I couldn't charge people for 5-10 of them and a stamp. And I had no need for 1000 of them myself.

I was just doing a service to ensure anons are changing the oil on their shitboxes.

>these people hating the man who gave away free stuff

Btw, it costs about $0.30 for 4 stickers and $0.49 for a stamp I think, eBay anon is selling them for $3.20.
>>
>>13632052
Are you going to give away free twingo plushies?
>>
>>13632133
Unfortunately no. I think I am going to mail them to people in the US after TwingoBro sends a bunch of them to me. But you will probably have to pay him before I ever send them out to anybody.

I just hope I get reimbursed for shipping them around the US.

And I'm still wondering what the best route would be to ship them. They can't be very heavy, so I'm just thinking Priority Mail by weight from the post office if it is only like $2 or $3. Or I could do the FedEx Kinkos store. Priority Mail is nice and fast though.
>>
>>13632052
Out of $3.20 on ebay, .32 goes to ebay, PayPal would get I think .30, and you're saying .30 for the stickers. Adding .49 foe the stamp and we will call the envelope and time a freebie. That leaves $1.79 profit. You were seriously so butt blasted that some guy was racking in $1.79 a transaction that you wasted probably over $100? Jesus, how bitter and friendless are you?
>>
>>13632167
I wasn't "buttblasted" at all.

I saw how cheap a whole roll was, ordered one, didn't need 500 for myself, gave a bunch away for free, more people wanted them, ordered another roll, etc.

I'm not so hard-up that I need to make the profit on them. Maybe I wasted $150 sending them out to 100+ anons. Whatever. Going through PayPal and eBay for all of that stuff wouldn't even be worth the time to recoup that money.

You sound like you want some free stickers anon.
>>
>>13632167
And the whole original post was just saying it sucks that somebody has to pay for them on eBay when so many people got them for free anyway.
>>
>>13632167
Capitalist scum.
I can't wait till we can bury Capitalism with the kikes that corrupted it.
>>
>>13612206
>>13612206
Actually there's a few places sort of like that in Barrie Ontario, an otherwise shitty city, do not go there for any reason. The only redeeming feature of that town is there are a few garages that have a DIY bay with a hoist that you can rent for something like 9 dollars an hour. It's not a bad deal but you need to bring your own tools. That said you get access to their disposal services and oil pans and shit.
>>
File: 1406213580591.png (162KB, 780x720px) Image search: [Google]
1406213580591.png
162KB, 780x720px
>>13609424
>10min to load up
>>
>>13609587
I used to be an Autozone manager, and a Jiffy Lube manager before that.

The recycling company PAID US for the used oil. No joke.

The best part was at Jiffy Lube, we'd charge customers a recycling fee for the oil too. So we got paid to take it, and we got paid again to get rid of it.
>>
>>13610318
>Slim margins for them.
LOL this is so far off. You don't even want to know the obscene margins Jiffy Lube was making when I was managing there. I was running 80% bottom-line profit at a store that wasn't even that busy.

We paid about 15 cents a quart for conventional oil, and about 50 cents a quart for full synthetic - one of the benefits of being owned by Pennzoil/Quaker State, paying internal company pricing, and ordering by the tankerload. Most of the filters cost under a dollar. The "disposal fee" we charged customers quite literally covered the entire supply cost of the oil change.

But the oil changes weren't even where the money came from. Company guidelines were that we should have an $80 or higher average per-car total, from upselling - that's $50 of addons on a $30 oil change. Our big profit centers were charging $100 for a transmission flush that took 10 minutes of minimum wage labor and five bucks worth of ATF; $60 to replace a <$1 fuel filter, $100 for a snake oil "fuel system cleaning" where we dumped a $2 additive into the intake and the fuel.
>>
>>13633432
how much did you make off an ac service
>>
>>13612206
>This gives me an Idea. A car park (Sorry, a 'parking lot' for you deprived Americans without freedom to work on your car) where you can work on cars.
>Charged by the hour. Vending machines for oil, various fluids, and hand wipes. Sinks available for washing hands and tools, and drain points for the fluids.

Every so often people open these up in the US.

They always shut down quickly, because the customers who frequent them are crackheads, idiots, assholes, or all of the above. You end up with fluids all over everywhere, broken parts & cars abandoned in the bays, customers who "just need to get one more part" and leave their shitbox for a month without paying (and then come and smash the place up after it's been towed), gang battles in the bays, and rampant thievery.

Either the city shuts them down, the owner goes bankrupt, or the owner realizes the shitstorm he has created and runs the fuck away.
>>
>>13633464
i honestly understand this
half the time i take my car to a mechanic its there over a week anyway. seems like a person like me would not be as fast either.
>>
>>13633456
Very nearly pure profit, because we usually ended up put exactly as much freon back into the system as we pulled out. The machine just filtered out the water and crap and reused the freon. A completely empty system might have cost us $5. I think we charged $90; I don't remember it all that well because we hardly ever did A/C service, and we had only gotten the machine a year before I left. I was working in the Seattle area, so there wasn't much call for anything A/C related.
>>
>>13609678
I know a guy who buried shit in a back alley, 5 years later that spot was a desolate wasteland where nothing would grow, 10 years later it was the lushest and greenest and cleanest part of that back alley
>>
>>13618999
trips of truth checked
>>
File: Rabbi-Rabbinovich1[1].jpg (22KB, 310x312px) Image search: [Google]
Rabbi-Rabbinovich1[1].jpg
22KB, 310x312px
>>13609658

Ha. I just dug a oil hole in my back yard. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

>mfw i live in town
>mfw there's a creek behind my house
>>
I used to work at a Gypsy Lube. Too many horror stories, man. Never take your car to any quick-lube shop.
>>
>>13610919
I work at mr lube kek

It isn't much better than Jiffy Lube
>>
>>13633478
>half the time i take my car to a mechanic its there over a week anyway

If it takes that long to fix, your car's as good as dead.
Even my old shitbox was always fixed within a day or two. Even when they literally ripped out and replaced the brake system, it only took them a few hours.
But then, rich area, reputable mechanics, and they've always got luxury cars up on their lifts.
Thread posts: 178
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.