[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

speeding general

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 155
Thread images: 13

File: 480px-speed_limit_65_sign_svg.png (26KB, 480x600px) Image search: [Google]
480px-speed_limit_65_sign_svg.png
26KB, 480x600px
Do you speed? When and where? For fun, or to save time?

Ever been caught? Share your stories.
>>
>>10856374

>Do you speed?
Sometimes.

>When and where?
On roads where I know there probably aren't any cops.

>For fun, or to save time?
Usually fun, but sometimes I'm late.

>Ever been caught?
Nope. When you live out here, you memorize all the cop-less roads.
>>
>Do you speed?

Everyone speeds, every day.

Speed limits are irrelevant. I drive for conditions and the speed of traffic around me. Period.
>>
I don't speed much anymore now that I'm in my mid-twenties - too afraid of Mr Policeman here in Virginia. The exception is if I'm on a long road trip, then I'll go with the flow of traffic.
>>
>be go fast
>cop see
>get pull over
>>are too fast
>no

fucking elitist pig faggot
>>
>>10856374
Nope, speed limit all the time. I don't give the cops a reason to pull me over.
>>
>>10856390
>>10856395

>flow of traffic

I don't call going with the flow as speeding. You're an obstruction and a potential hazard if you're slower than everyone else.
>>
>>10856406

That's why you go even faster so they don't even bother.
>>
Drive the road not the limit

>tfw upped the speed limit to 75
>>
>>10856395
Oh I just remembered a story that might interest you guys. A few months ago I was late for work and driving about 90 mph on I-81 when suddenly I saw a cop in a Charger behind some trees in the median. I was able to slow down slightly before passing him, but I was still going too fast. Queue his lights and him inching toward the road to come after me. I start to merge to the edge of the road to pull over when I realize that there is now a large group of cars preventing the cop from getting on the road.

I floor it.
I don't know why thinking back. I could have afforded the ticket. Maybe because I had been lazy and hadn't renewed my inspection sticker. Maybe I just wanted to say fuck the police. But I ran like hell.

I'm over half a mile away before he's able to start coming after me, but by this time I'm doing over 120 mph, and it's too late to stop now. Luckily there wasn't much traffic on the road to slow me down, so I managed to make it all the way to work without getting caught. Felt fucking good, man.
>>
>>10856410
Unfortunately a lot of the police here don't think the same way and will attempt to pull over an entire group of cars.
>>
>>10856374
Ever since I got my GTI I can't stop driving way too fast. It's just so light and comfy it's very easy to shoot off to 85 and not even feel it.
>>
All the time, I usually go 7-12mph over the speed limit and I've only ever gotten a ticket once.
>>
>>10856374
not often

back empty twisty roads

yes for fun

no, if I'm going to be late for something I'm going to be late.
>>
>Yes, i speed.
>Wherever i feel safe speeding, whenever.
>for pleasure.
>Yes i have been caught.

I usually speed, not to be a cunt or to be cool. But because I feel that a lot of speed limits are arbitrary and most traffic is speeding as well. Here everyone speeds on the highway, so i usually go fast enough to keep with traffic or a little faster nothing insane though. I use to drive like a cunt and dodge traffic just to go fast. Now i drive a bigger vehicle and it doesn't feel safe weaving through traffic.
I have been caught twice, once 91 in a 60mpg limit. Another time 30 in a 20 mph school zone. The 90 i was just being stupid, but not reckless. The school zone was bullshit because it was 6:30 am and elementary school doesn't start till 8, teachers weren't even arriving yet.
>>
>>10856395
Speeding in VA is srs bsns. Didn't that Jalopnik writer go to jail for going 93?
>>
>>10856472
Oh, and I was early for work.
>>
>>10856546
Listening to eurobeat: back on the rocks while looping this gif
>>
>>10856649
BotR makes anything awesome.
>>
>>10856480
hahaha how do they do that?
>>
>>10856526

Yes.

http://jalopnik.com/never-speed-in-virginia-lessons-from-my-three-days-in-1613604053

I'd move.
>>
no, I can't speed in my jeep. By the time I get up to the speed where I'm above the limit I'm already at my destination.
>>
>>10856690
Any SEB really.
>>
>>10856715
How is there any car enthusiast in VA at all?
>>
>be going 80mph+
>traffic going fast too
>CHP flies by doing 100mph+
>Sheriff going 200mph+
>still going fast
>>
File: 249183.gif (772KB, 300x224px) Image search: [Google]
249183.gif
772KB, 300x224px
>>10856703
Like this.
>>
>>10856752

Do they have a track there?
>>
>>10856781

>no copnado

Unrealistic/10
>>
>>10856703

They don't. Usually its the person farthest back that they can catch. Thats why if your going to speed because traffic is going that fast, you do it in the middle of the pack and out of the right lane.
>>
Not usually, in fact almost never.

Sometimes, if I see a guy just weaving in and out of traffic behind me I will match the speed of the car going next tom me, assuming they are not going below the speed limit. I mean, I'm not a monster
>>
They need to allow the carpool speed limit to be 10 over what ever it usually is. Here in WA it's 60 around the sound, which would make people carpool not only for the lane but for the legality speed, save gas pooling go faster legally. Make the fine higher so people don't abuse it more. Win win.
>>
>>10857582
I actually think this is a great idea.
>>
>>10856449
And then they send in their pursuit team with a heli and spike strips

if you managed not to crash into a mom in her Sienna
>>
Does anyone know if using a CB radio actually helps avoid speed traps?
>>
0-5 over the limit on backroads and crowded streets
5-10 over the limit on dense highways
10-20 over the limit when there is no other car in sight.
Interstate speed limits are only suggestions.
>>
>tfw don't speed because can barely keep gas in a car that already gets 33 mpg
>>
usually go 10km/h over the limit. cops won't usually bother you till 15km/h over unless it's something like a school/construction zone

been caught twice going 20km/h over the limit which was a $55 fine
>>
I don't speed in my Supra, don't want the NVPD nightstick up the ass. I used to speed a bit in my old Versa delivery car when my department got slammed busy
>>
>Do you speed?
Most of the time.

>When and where?
Normally I try to keep it between 5-10 over on non-highways. On the highway I go 7-12 over if there isn't any traffic.

Sometimes after my shift when I hit a stretch of open road, I'll double the (30 mph) limit just for fun.

Mostly fun

>Ever been caught?
Nope.
>>
>>10856374
>do you speed?

>broken speedometer

probably.
>>
File: WP_20140704_15_53_38_Pro.jpg (2MB, 3072x1728px) Image search: [Google]
WP_20140704_15_53_38_Pro.jpg
2MB, 3072x1728px
>be speeding all the time
>get pulled over on hwt
>save speeding for backroads w no cops unless prius decides they want to pass me on hwy cause pride is worth more than $160
>>
>>10858456
>tfw I only have 2 working speedos in my 5 vehicles.
I know this feel anon
>>
>Do you speed?
Yes, but not like an idiot. Only ~5-15 MPH above
>When
When it's prudent to do so (not a lot of cars around)
>Fun or save time?
Not really either, the sheer breathtaking 160 horsepower my honda produces tends to make me not notice speeding much unless i am going retard fast
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
Yes I speed
Highway/or suburban streets with no popo because 2.5" straight pipes
For fun and dat sound
Been caught, not ticketed because cop also had a charger and was a bro
>>
>>10858627
You've made me realize that a Charger with a quiet exhaust might actually be the best car for speeding.
>>
Do you speed?
Yes, most of the time.

When and where?
On country roads mostly

For fun, or to save time?
For fun, as Im unemployed for quite some time. I don't believe going fast saves time anyway.
>>
>>10858660
Chargers come stock with quiet exhaust. My friends pathfinder was louder. I got an slp loudmouth which sounds sexy as fuck but it's too loud when you don't want it to be so I put varex mufflers on it. And chargers are excellent cars for speeding. People assume you're a cop as long as you get a black/silver/white one.
>>
>>10858568

Iktfb

>stick to 5 over on highways
>prius tries to blow past me
>floor it and keep that bitch looking at my taillights

If I see them changing lanes alot too ill speedmatch someone and block them. Especially the taxis. Fuck taxis.
>>
>>10858568
>>10858710
You guys are dicks
>>
>>10858568
Damn I love Challengers
>>
>implying speeding in my 4banger YJ
>>
I drive a WRB WRX. I wish I could speed but my car is too obvious so I don't unless I am on a back road. Sometimes I wish I had a more discreet car but then I see it in a parking lot and think "nahhhhhh"
>>
Drive 5-10 mph even in front of CHP and they don't care.

There is a straight surrounded by tall hills and I usually do 130+ when there is no one around. Or if there some cars I pass them near speed limit and then floor it.

Fun+saves a few minutes off my work commute.

Never been caught
>>
If I'm not doing triple digits on the freeway, I'm not going fast enough

70 feels like a drive through a neighborhood now
>>
>Do you speed?
Yes
>When and where?
Often on familiar roads.
Because I can't be arsed driving with my needle glued to whatever stupid speed limit is posted at the time, especially arrow straight two lanes limited to 100kmh/60mph or the general 50kmh/30mph limit in cities.
>Ever been caught?
I've gotten tickets before, but I try to dodge cameras (permanent camera maps, radio announcements of temporary cameras) and I always stay within 20kmh/12mph of the limit so they remain affordable and don't add any points to my license if I do get flashed. Dog bless Germany, the country where people see it as their natural right to drive fast.
>>
>>10856374

Spainfag here.

>Do you speed?
Yes, like everyone does.

>When and where?
Urban roads with more than 2 lanes and 50 km/h limit: 60 ~ 70 km/h.

Suburban roads with more than two lanes and 50 km/h speed limit: 90 ~ 140 km/h (depends on traffic conditions and possible speed traps).

Expressways with speed limits between 80 km/h and 120 km/h: I always do 120 km/h. Slowing down to 80 km/h on a turn that could be passed at 140 km/h is completely retarded.

Because it just feels natural. Some roads speed limits are arificially lowered. I get the random racing night for fun tho.

>Ever been caught?
Not yet. I know where the major speed traps are around town, but police is using more and more speed helicopters and it's getting harder to speed.
>>
File: 1374881116420.jpg (2MB, 2560x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1374881116420.jpg
2MB, 2560x1600px
Yes. A lot of the time, almost everywhere, habit.

I'll try and stick to 30 limits, but if the conditions and traffic allow I'll do 40.
There are some ridiculous 40 limits that are safe to do 60 in too.
Then again, I often drive under the limit because I'm tired or the conditions are poor. I never really speed with the conscious intention to break the law or get an adrenalin fix; I just drive according to my judgement of the road, the conditions, the traffic and my ability.

Also, yes, I've been caught doing 50 in a 40, fucked me right off, but made me more cautious about speeding on high-traffic arterial routes.
>>
Use a GPS to find your actual velocity. Find the speed limit for each road and mark it on your speed which has been made with a +10% indication.

So when I am doing 100km/h I know I need do an indicated 110km/h.

Had police following me before thinking I was speeding but their equipment would show I was doing the speed limit so they had to just give up.
>>
>>10859775

wut
>>
>>10856374
>Do you speed?
Is 5-10 over limit speeding? Mostly not even that much, too low on cash, too bad mpgs in my shitbox.
>When and where?
Roads I know where cops use to sit and wait. Villages, ways by the forests. No motorways anywhere near here.
Because 3rd and 4th gears rpms. No fun in going 60 on 50 kmph village.
>Ever been caught?
Nope, no cash to pay tickets.
>>
>>10859775
huh
>>
>Do you speed?
Yes

>When and where?
Motorways, wide country roads, generally when there's no other cars about. I don't dangerously overtake on country roads and shit though. But when it's open in front of me I put my foot down.

For fun, I enjoy driving at a speed I'm comfortable at, driving's boring when you're going the speed limit.

>Ever been caught?
Nope. Police cars going the other way can't properly gauge your speed, and if there's not a sign telling you there's a speed camera they can't sit by the side of the road waiting for you to go past. I have only been driving for 5 years though so I probably will eventually
>>
>>10856526
>>10856715
I was pulled twice in a row over two days in the same spot. Once I was doing 79 in a 40, and got a ticket for doing 39+, but was let off without reckless driving/endangerment, or whatever because the road was empty and it was 3AM.

The 2nd time, in the same spot, I was heading the opposite direction. To this day, I still don't believe I was speeding. I saw two under cover cars pulling out of a neighborhood, and I was heading at a constant 46MPH in a 40MPH with a car passing me in the right lane doing about 52+.

Anyways, I didn't bother slowing down, and the cop pulled out. I didn't think he'd pull me because I wasn't speeding. Apparently I was doing 12MPH over, though. I got the vibe he clocked the other guy and mistook him for me. Complete bullshit.

Had to take two classes to get points off my record. Other than that, they were just tickets, partially because the cops felt bad since I was already charged with a felony and soon to be convicted of both a felony and misdemeanor for bogus communistwealth reasons.

Virginia is literally the shittiest state. We have some of the most strict laws over stupid rhetorical bullshit, meanwhile we also get pretty lenient laws over a few things (Particularly gun rights). I kind of compare our political party to a country club of gun wielding rich republicans who judge you if you steal a pack of gum.

and fuck that bullshit about radar detectors. It is completely out the ass that they can confiscate a device you have even if you are from out of state.
>>
Generally in traffic i'll keep to the speed of people around me. If it's late at night and the road is empty i'll sometimes go for a flat out hoon.

I'm an idiot for road rage though. Some prick in a 118i used a slip road to undercut me the other day and then started hurling abuse at me when i flashed my high beams, so i cut him up in revenge. Apparently BMW 118s are pretty slow to 120mph.
>>
>Do you speed?
yes

>When and where?
if little cars are around, mostly in areas I know well, always on highways

I guess you can't call it fun to just go 10 or 20 over. To me, passing all the other cars is a way to relieve stress.

>Ever been caught?
multiple times, but since I am not a nigger cops never give me a hard time. I instantly pay the fine and keep going.
>>
File: Whoops.jpg (174KB, 1288x968px) Image search: [Google]
Whoops.jpg
174KB, 1288x968px
I was just trying to kickstart my heart
>>
>>10859989
What country is it, anon? I'm >>10859937 from Poland and cops hide everywhere here waiting for incoming cash. I'm not the guy yelling 'fuck cops', I don't mind them - but it's irritating if a cop runs in front of your car, almost on the middle of the road out of a dense forest just to tell you that your fire extinguisher's inspection time has expired and fine you.
>>
>>10856523
>I have been caught twice, once 91 in a 60mpg limit.
Only in America would you have to have bad economy to use certain roads.
>>
File: 1386529069231.jpg (116KB, 658x394px) Image search: [Google]
1386529069231.jpg
116KB, 658x394px
>>10860048
this is my worst nightmare, not the licence disqualification, but the 1.6k fine.

they don't even check if your licence is revoked where I live anyway, and if you get caught driving without one you just get a slap on the wrist.

how fast were you going?
>>
They just bumped a bunch f highway speed limits here from 100 to 110. Before, I'd cruise at 110-115 in the slow lane with most traffic doing 120. Now, it seems like I have to cruise at 120-130 in the slow lane with most traffic doing 120-140. Haven't noticed any change except people keep right, more often now. It's kinda sweet actually.
>>
>>10860182
148 in a 80 zone, but once it's 45 over the limit it's all the same according to the law.

>Saw the camera flash
>Fucked anyway, plant it even more
>>
>>10856374
>Do you speed?
A lot, but not by a lot (1-5 over 90% the time)
Two speeding tickets is all it takes for me to lose my license as a newly qualified driver in the UK. Then it becomes 4 after 2 years.
>When and where?
Could be anytime, anywhere: pay more attention to what's going on around me than my speed.
I normally don't notice I am speeding till I actually am. Need more experience behind the wheel to become a better driver.
>>
>>10856374
>Do you speed?

No, I'm not a dumbass annoying/endangering everyone around me. If I want to have fun, I visit some race track or closed road.
>>
>speed
often, not by a lot usually 5-10 over limit, on freeway maybe 20 over

>when/where
most roads with little traffic and freeways. preferably during the day, i dont like to speed at night much

>why?
hate driving slow, its a habit i have

>caught
;_; got my first speeding ticket for going 11 mph over limit $200
If i had been going 10 over i could of saved $100 since 6-10 is in a lesser tier
>>
>>10861949
i got that one last week
>>
I always speed at least a little. 10 over is normal. I used to do backroad speed runs all the time when I had a little shitbox and got up to like 120 most of the time. Now I drive a big bullshit SUV tank machine and it's not fun anymore.
>>
75/80 on the freeway (it's a 70)
60/65/70 on the backroads (55 zone)
+5 everywhere else.

Never been caught, mostly to save time and out of habit.
>>
>>10856374
>Do you speed?
Most of the time

>When and where?
Pretty much everywhere I know the cops don;t like to hide.

Fun in the city, on country roads with no lights it can save time.

>Ever been caught?
never, partly due to luck, part keeping aware, part knowledge of the area.
>>
File: 121222_2346_000343088085.jpg (92KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
121222_2346_000343088085.jpg
92KB, 800x600px
>>10859195
Outside of cities in Germany:
8-10 km/h 10,- EUR
11-15 km/h 20,- EUR
16-20 km/h 30,- EUR
21-25 km/h 70,- EUR, 1 Point
26-30 km/h 80,- EUR, 1 Punkt
31-40 km/h 120,- EUR, 1 Punkt

I couldnt care less about radars. When I'm going on a roadtrip, i use my gps radar warner, in and around my hometown i know where the police stands, so i gun it. Haven't seen a mobile radar in a year of driving.
>>
>>10862106
Last time I payed 30€ for 29 over out of city. Did that change with the fine reorganization?
>>
>>10862123
That are the penalties in villages:
bis 10 km/h 15,- EUR
11-15 km/h 25,- EUR
16-20 km/h 35,- EUR
21-25 km/h 80,- EUR, 1 Punkt
26-30 km/h 100,- EUR, 1 Punkt

30€ for 29 km/h over must have been 20 years ago.
>>
>>10862154
8, I think.
>>
>>10856374
>Do you speed?
Yes.

>When and where?
Errywhere if the weather and traffic are good.

A mix of fun and not realizing I'm speeding.

>Ever been caught?
Nah. I go over the limit often, but not by much and I'm still pretty reasonable.
>>
Only when it's beneficial to my mileage, which is rarely. Never been pulled over at all or ticketed in any way. My insurance keeps going down every 6 months...
>>
>>10856374
>Do you speed?
I never don't speed during summer. I'm usually a bit over or at the limit during winter
> When and where?
Highway. Only 2 spots I keep under because I know cops hang around.
Both

>Ever been caught?
Only once. 81 in a 65. (Live in Quebec. As long as you're under 75, cops don't bother you) Wasn't my fault though. I had just installed new rims + tires that day and it wasn't quite the right size to keep the same speed
>>
>>10856494
Did you get it for going 7-12 above speed limit?
>>
>>10857466
same here
>>
>>10856374
>55 in 70mph speed limited highways cause muh fuel economy
>55 in 45mph limits in the city cause muh fuel economy
>55 in 60mph roads, fuel economy
>otherwise 5 over or so in residentials unless the school limits are active

Traffic is almost always going faster or considerably faster than me, even when I'm going 10 over in the city.
>>
>>10858577
When this shit happened on my auto i got pretty scared to drive unlike a retard. Good thing it fixed itself with a new batt or shutting the car off and on.
>>
got caught doing 160 on my bike. Thought about trying to get away but I didn't know the area and would have likely have gotten caught. Got charged with reckless driving. Served a few days in jail, got my bike impounded, shitload of fines and lost my license for 6 months.
>>
>>10858568
Prii pass me all the time, too bad I drive a minivan so idgaf.

>tfw will upgrade to second gen prius cause muh city fuel economy as DD

Goodbye 16 city MPGs and 20 gallon tank, I shall not miss you.
>>
I got my first speeding ticket today, 57 in a 40.

I'm in California, should I try contesting it, just in case the fucker doesn't show up? I hear your case gets dismissed if the cop doesn't show up to court. If he does, well, I'll probably just plead guilty.
>>
>>10856374
>I5
>Cruise control set to 10 over all day erry day
>Some straight highway in Skagit County
>115 in my Jetta
>Chuckanut Drive, Whatcom County, WA: The most god-tier driving road in the state
>75mph through sweepers and 4 wheel-drifting corners in same Jetta in the wet
>Pulled over 8 times in 3 years, no tickets
Its aapretty gud feel
>>
>>10858577
>tfw first car had a broken speedo
>never got pulled over
>>
>>10863488
What kind of road is out there.
The enumclaw/green water logging roads in king have some straits but the roads are so shit I would feel to sketched to go more than 130 on them, fucking dips everywhere. I ended up not seeing one and glazed the bottom off of a mustang subframe doing around that speed. lucky me skid protection. Head south on 5 till you pass the capital and hit up the tenino tumwater area. Fucking boss ass roads.
>>
>Do you speed?
Most/all of the time

>When and where?
Most roads

Fun, but with speeding for fun it gets me there quicker.

>Ever been caught?
I've been stopped multiple times, only get warnings somehow though. I was stopped at 4am this morning by a state trooper. He gave me a warning and I went home, since I was only ~3 miles away from my house.
>>
>>10863457

Yes go on the website near the due date and get an extension. The website depends on your county look it up. For LA its lasuperiorcourt dot org. When the extension comes up, set a date for arraignment (usually already 6 months at least after the ticket). Go to the arraignment and tell the judge not guilty with your big brass balls, even if you are a guilty as a nigger caught with his dick in a white woman by force while holding a stolen t.v.

When the trial date comes if the cop is there say you would like to change your plea and request traffic school. If not, congrats you just weaseled out of a ticket you guilty nigger, go get some kfc to celebrate.

As a note some counties are so backlogged it takes almost to over a year to see you depending on the courthouse.
>>
>>10863848
sounds like a plan
>>
>Do you speed?
Yes.
>When and where?
Always and everywhere.
Both

>Ever been caught?
Been pulled over once, 8- in a 70. No ticket. quite a few evades though.
>>
>>10856389
this is my answer 100%
>>
>>10856480
>>10856703

Believe it or not one time I was driving through Kansas basically that gif happened. Whole squad of state troopers pulled over a pack of about 10 cars doing about 10 over the limit.

It was total bullshit
>>
File: lolticket.jpg (58KB, 640x478px) Image search: [Google]
lolticket.jpg
58KB, 640x478px
>do you speed?
usually

>when and where?
in the city a little bit, highway almost always

>for fun or to save time?
save time, if the highway is empty i cant see a issue with speeding. cuts 70 minute drives to my other house to 40-50 minute

>ever been caught?
cops only hide out on some long weekends so i know to cool it down then. last year they hid cameras and i got hit hard with like $1500 in tickets last summer lol
>>
I speed because it's the usual flow of traffic. Sometimes I'll speed because it's fun.
>>
>>10856374
>Ever been caught?
I was coming home from visiting my gf two years back and traffic was unusually heavy on the freeway, so I got off and decided to take the streets instead.

Two blocks from my house I get stopped by a guy on a motorcycle for doing 50ish in a 30.

Big fine but my last one to date. Well got a parking ticket in front of my own house for blocking my driveway last week. Gay as fuck.
>>
I haven't been caught, yet.

I usually speed 5-15 mph over the limit. More commonly around 5 over than 15
>>
>>10862106
>>10862154

wat, in ausfailia, you get a $100+ fine for doing 3km/h over
>>
>>10865112
That's bullshit m8. Just tell them it was your own driveway, don't fucking pay it
>>
>>10856374
>tfw speed limit is being changed to 25
>>
I live in Chicago and I absolutely always speed.
Highways here are 55, no one ever goes that slow, most traffic goes around 65-75. I usually do 80 on familiar stretches. Sheriffs are rare on the interstate, and most CPD do not have radar equipment.
On other streets I constantly go 10 over the speed limit. Thats a safe bet.
I rarely do 15 over on city streets, only to really pass someone.
Ive been pulled over for doing 15 over a few times, never given a ticket.
I received two speeding tickets in my life, 25 over each, both on highways as a speed trap I didn't see.
>>
I always speed 10km/h above the limit since you wont get fined for that, only a note.

On open highways i speed 20-30kmh since i can spot the cops from far.
>>
Not really
When I do it's for short stretches of interstate or on back roads
For fun but I always drove 9mph over which I don't consider speeding

First day got license reinstated caught doing 130mph in a 70 just racing some random guy that was going fast. Cop seen me pass him so he pulled me over. Wrote me an 85 in 70 ticket, good thing cause that would've violated probation and I didn't think about it.
Also got clocked 95 in a 65, cop wrote me a 80 in a 65 ticket cause I was nice. Was through the gorge, well worth it
>>
>>10856374
>Do you speed?
Sometimes.
>When and where?
Usually only on backroads with no cops, but sometimes when someone else in a fast looking car rides my ass and then proceeds to try and blow past me, I have this bad habit of feeling obligated to race them.
Only for fun.
>Ever been caught?
Yes, luckily only for little things like 10 over.
I've been up to 145 in a 70 racing another trans am on the interstate.
Unfortunately i've been over 100mph way too many times. It's very easy with this car, and I don't like to consider what mightve happened if I got pulled going that fast.

Talk me out of my racing habit /o/
Losing my license means losing my career..
>>
+5 everywhere +10-15 on empty roads and highways. california
>>
File: 1392824228164.jpg (4KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
1392824228164.jpg
4KB, 500x333px
Everyone goes 70-75 in a 65.
The one that gets pulled over is the guy that frequently changes lanes without turn signal.
>>
>>10868634
>The one that gets pulled over is the guy that frequently changes lanes without turn signal.
>he actually believes cops care about traffic safety
>>
America needs to decriminalize speeding. If Colorado can legalize marijuana, what's stopping Americans from making speeding so insignificant where the police lose any of their power for issuing fines for it?
>>
>>10868647
They don't care, but they'll fuck you over it if they need to make their quota
>>
I speed sometimes. Only egregiously one time.

Driving through Oregon, girlfriend says, "ever gone 100?" I tell her not in this car...yet
>closing in on California border, probably 10 miles away
>no one around for at least a mile in either direction
>totally flat, dry, good road
>fuck it, let's do it
>rolling along at 110mph
>see car in far distance, being to slow accordingly
>its a fucking cop
>pull over and accept fate
>briefly consider running for the border, remember that that doesn't work anymore

91 in a 55, $460 ticket. I was going about 101 when I saw him. Had he clocked me over 100, I would have gone straight to jail.

I got the ticket reduced to $150 by writing a letter to the judge. My driving record was unaffected, as was my insurance. This was about 4 years ago.
>>
>>10869762
What the fuck kind of shit is getting locked up for going 100mph? I once drove for 2 hours averaging 120mph on the autobahn.
>>
Got caught only once, while driving to work and still being a bit groggy (military, inside casern only 30 kph allowed), MPs stopped me, of course. "Hurr we jus' got you with 35kph. You DO know it's an order to drive 30, don't you?". God I hate those people.
>>
>>do you speed?
yes

>>when and where
highways, interstates, always during the day, never at night (got pulled over at night one time and learned that fucking lesson).

>>for fun or to save time?
with neither in mind really. If I can comfortably drive at 60 and for some reason the speed limit is set low at 45 (ie to earn revenue via tickets)...Imma drive 60mph unless I suspect cops.

ever been caught? yes twice
>>first time smoking weed (was in high school)
>>left my girlfriends house late at night
>>speed limits go from 55 to 45 to 55.
>>didn't notice, didn't care
>>car tails me, riding my ass, way too fucking close
>>speed up to give us some distance (60ish mph)
>>disco lights
>>reduced to 55 in a 45, $140 total for ticket and court costs

>>on my way to school.
>>girl I know pulls out in front of me and goes 10 under the limit for about 10 miles.
>>straight open strecth of farmland
>>pass her
>>disco lights from a few cars back (because of course there was a huge line)
>>pull over safely and swiftly
>>explain that she was going really slow (cop laughs)
>>explain that I was legally allowed to pass her (double dotted lines even)
>>I love being white = no ticket
>>
>>10856374

Typically down backroads where I no for certain that there aren't going to be any traps.

The cops frequently trap the highways in my area.
>>
>>10869868
because they don't teach people how to drive as well in america. You may be a good driver, but in america, someone might just change lanes into you for no reason.
>>
>>10856781
malcolm in the middle was the GOAT show
>>
>>10856374
i speed a lot

i have gotten over 8 speeding tickets and been pulled over more times than i can count in my 4 years of driving

>people think because i get speeding tickets im automatically a bad driver
fucking casuals
>>
>>10869868
American laws are really pessimistic. On the Autobahn, it all about actually preventing accidents from occurring in the first place, hence the strict observance of "drive on the right, pass on the left". In America, it's all about surviving accidents once they happen, hence the hilariously low blanket speed limits on all roads no matter what.
>>
>>10870443
you are a fucking bad driver
>>
>>10870896
>In America, it's all about surviving accidents once they happen, hence the hilariously low blanket speed limits on all roads no matter what.
wrong

speed limits are for revenue generation
>>
>>10870920
Yeah, and also that. Still though, speed is a very touchy and nearly taboo subject around many people in America. Many people get very offended by fast cars and think governors are a good idea. Tell anyone that you've achieved triple digit speeds, and they'll think you're a brainless, reckless fool even if it took place on an empty expressway at 3:30 am.
All speed is deadly all of the time according to most Americans.
>>
>>10870955
have you ever even talked to an american? because you sound like a dumbass right now

nobody does the speed limit here
>>
If there's traffic I go with the flow.

If there's no traffic then I'm doing atleast 15 over.
>>
>>10860226
>saw the camera flash
>fucked anyway
>drive through 7 more cameras
>YOLO
>>
>>10870955
I talk about what I do in my car and my friends all think I am retarded and "going to kill myself". That may be so, but I firmly believe that if you die doing something you enjoy then it was worth it. Not everyone wants to sit around in fear that what they are doing may injure or kill them. We're all going to die eventually, might as well enjoy life while you're still capable.
>>
File: 1365887949243.jpg (2MB, 4368x2912px) Image search: [Google]
1365887949243.jpg
2MB, 4368x2912px
>4am, heading to work on sportbike
>empty small highway with no traffic, cruise along
>suddenly reds and blues
>"son, you know I clocked you at 83 in a 55 right?"
>shit im fucked

>"the only reason i'm not writing you a ticket is because I just got off my shift, but if we catch you again, you're going to jail"
>"y-yes sir"

>mfw
>>
>always go 50 in 35s
>80 in 65s
>35 in 25s
whichever speed the car feels happy cruising at, ill do
>>
Speed limit: I don't give a fuck
>>
>>10871384
wtf i love Deradoorian

specifically her song weedjam.

das it mane
>>
>>10871438
tfw you hit 100 and then going back to 55 feels like you're not even moving
>>
>>10856374
>Do you speed?
Yes
>When and where
country roads and highways, anytime but night
>For fun or to save time
purely for fun, im always on time
>Ever been caught?
i have a radar detector, so no.
>>
>>10856374
generally do between 80-90 on the freeway, kinda do whatever at night. I try to drive somewhat safe during the day
>>
>>10860048
fuck Australia.
>>
>>10856374
I got caught doing 73 in a 55 in a 1995 Geo Metro.
>>
>>10872777
were you topped out?
>>
>>10872820
Hell no, you can do over 100mph in a Geo. Good power to weight ratio, reasonably wide gearing. The 95 and later come with 13" rims stock as well, so the ratio is slightly different.
>>
so i sent my ticket into the court and said contested but its been 2 weeks now and they still havent sent me a date or case number or anything

how long does it usually take?
>>
I speed pretty much everywhere, not excessivley.

Say if i'm in a built up area with a 30 sign i'll do 35ish.

out in the countryside I will pretty much drive as fast as I can
>>
I did 125mph on the M1 last year which looking back was possibly the worst place on earth to do 125mph.
>>
File: sweatyman.jpg (17KB, 240x312px) Image search: [Google]
sweatyman.jpg
17KB, 240x312px
>brit /o/ user
>out on country roads in muh ST
>driving rather spirited on one of my favourite stretch of roads
>it's always pretty empty bar a few sheep
>doing about 90ish before braking and executing a rather sub standard heel and toe into a third gear corner right near the end before I cool down to turn off the road
>as I fly round this corner police go round it the other way
>they've probably just seen a young man in a hot hatch driving dangerously
>book is going to get thrown at me
>they can't see me round the other side of the corner so floor it and get off the road
>tip toe home feeling as if i'm playing cat and mouse with them
>not sure if i'm being reasonable or paranoid and
>as I near home low and behold the same Vauxhall astra police car pulls out of a junction
>my ass clenches as they turn out and head towards me
>they drive straight past me and don't even bother giving me a glance
>mfw
>>
>>10873215
I'm assuming that the road you were on was national speed limit.

So long as you took the corner under 66mph technically you weren't speeding. They might have pulled you for a chat if they fancied though.
>>
>>10856374
>Do you speed?
Only about 5-10 over for the most part.
>When and where?
10 over on freeway and 5 over everywhere else.
It's what everyone does here.
>Ever been caught?
Oddly never been caught speeding but have gotten speeding tickets when I know that I hadn't even gotten up to speed yet.
>>
Me and my friends want to make like a "racing route" through our streets but we have no idea how to do that without getting heat for speeding.

I speed all the time, hell I'll fuckig use the HOV lane for most of my commute because fuck rush hour. A bunch of idiots in Yaris's ain't gonna save the environment.
>>
ITT people seem to forget that slowing down 1/4th of your speed halves your distance travelled while braking.
Another example on slippery surfaces, there's a huge difference between going 40km/h and 45km/h on said surface. A difference between having some traction and not having any traction at all.
Not to forget other enviromental hazards, even if you don't see any other car.
>>
>not driving 55 on a 65 for maximum MPGees.

>not waving fists at the steady stream of 80 mph out of staters in suvs and minivans that probably are using 3 gal per hour.

I'll speed in the city usually but it's only as the road feels. I consider it safer to be watching the road than watching the speedo.

probably depends on the vehicle too, since if you're in a sporty ride then the faster speed comes easier and stopping in a hurry is also very easy.

and if there's a big pack of cars ahead then I usually just stay behind and stagger off the tail for safety.
>>
>>10856374
I always speed, in villages I do 10kph over the speed limit which is exactly the point where the police doesn't give you a ticket yet, outside villages I do about 15-20kph over for which I might get a ticket but wouldn't run me much, on highways 15kph over. About a third of all drivers does roughly the same thing and over half speeds but to a lesser extent, it's very common here.
I do it to save time and money, my car is more efficient at higher speeds with the exception of the highway.

I've been caught speeding several times but never got a ticket, I was presumably near or within tolerance.
>>
>Do you speed?
In the car - not really. 5-10 over. 5 over in town, 10 over on the highway

On the bike - yes.

When and where?

In the car - whenever traffic is doing it. I just go with the flow. I don't follow the fast lane going 80 but I'll do whatever the middle lane is doing

On the bike - Back roads where I know cops don't care and usually with a group. a few up front have a bluetooth thing in their helmet, I ride behind someone with one so I know when to slow it down for hazards and cops. On the freeway and in town I do the same as the car - 5-10 over to keep up with traffic.

For fun or to save time?

In the car - save time, not be in the way
On the bike - fun

Ever been caught?

Car - once. I was going 90 in a 65 at midnight on a Thrusday night. 3 lane highway, no other cars, just wasn't really paying attention. I got pulled over and the cop was decent. I gave him my info and he came back with a ticket for 10 over. I didn't have to beg or plea. One time I was late so I was going 90 in rush hour. I saw a cop with his gun on me I ended up passing a semi so he couldn't get a read on me. I don't know if that counts? And I was pulled over for hooning around once. Cop didn't have me on radar, just told me to cool it down. He was super cool about it.

On the bike? - nope. We've passed cops going the other way doing 90+ in a 35-45 and they don't care
Thread posts: 155
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.