[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

US woman killed by superbug resistant to every available antibiotic

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 1

File: starship troopers aliens.jpg (80KB, 1200x667px) Image search: [Google]
starship troopers aliens.jpg
80KB, 1200x667px
MOTHERFUCKING SUPERBUGS ARE HERE!!!!
HUMANITY IS DOOOOOOOMED!

>The woman’s condition was deemed incurable, and 26 different antibiotics were tested in vain before she died in September.
>She was in her 70s, and had recently returned to the US after an extended visit to India, according to the CDC’s Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report. She had been hospitalised there multiple times before returning to the US and being admitted to an acute care hospital in Nevada in mid-August.
>One week later local health authorities were notified that every possible medication had been tried without success. The CDC later determined that no drug currently on the market would have stopped the bacteria’s spread.

>The sample sent to the CDC was found to contain New Delhi metallo-beta-lactamase (NDM), an enzyme that makes bacteria resistant to many antibiotics.

>A different superbug was found in at least four patients in the US last year. It was found to be resistant even to colistin, considered the last resort among antibiotics because of its harmful side effects.
>Fortunately that bug, known as mcr-1, was not found to be highly contagious.

>The CDC considers antimicrobial resistance “one of the most serious health threats” currently facing the US.

this is it guys. RIP humanity

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/01/13/us-woman-killed-superbug-resistant-every-available-antibiotic/
>>
Better get your ass to Madagascar while you can.
>>
Would you like to know more?
>>
>>99702
Yis
>>
Why do they call it a bug? Are their readers 5yo?
>>
>>99700
you know it
>>
>>99776
are you not American? Is this only an American thing? Idk it's pretty common to refer to stuff like this as a "bug"
>>
Ahh India, that magical place where people drive on sidewalks and walk on the streets and shit in public on the beaches.
>>
>>99695
We need to quarantine India. Their entire country is a biohazard.
>>
>>99835
English isn't my mother tongue. According to WordReference, it's informal but not American.
>>
>>99695
It takes a special sort of retard to travel to India well into your elder years. I don't even care if she is Indian herself. India is one of the dirtiest places in the world: if you're old then your immune system is weak, and going to the shit pile that is India is like asking for an infection.

This grandma deserved death for her stupidity.
>>
>>100028
>This grandma deserved death for her stupidity
This is a terrible thing to say. I hope your grandma gets POO'd next.
>>
>>99695
Maybe next time try to use antibiotics for bacteria only, bugs are not bacteria. But I guess muricans don't know better.
>>
>>100029
My grandma is smart enough to stay home to protect her health.
>>
>>99776
Because they "bug" people. The root of the word is likely "ug," as in ug-ly or "ugh, not again."

As for who coined the phrase: likely some retard fakenews-caster who is into cutsy-wutsy and because super-bacteria was too long to fit well in print headline.
>>
>>100086
>this
>>
Bad nurse?
Elerly neglect?
>>
I've talked to my brother about these scenarios before and we are pretty sure the superbug that wipes out humanity will start in South Asia somewhere, likely India. Their living conditions are so filthy and there's so many of them living in close proxmity that it's the perfect cauldron to create a population-collapsing pathogen.
That, or a race of superhumans is birthed in India that is immune to all infections.
>>
>>99695
this is where peptide polymers are going to really shine. https://phys.org/news/2016-09-superbugs-star-shaped-polymers-antibiotics.html
>>
>>100185
No, you have to start in Madagascar.
>>
>>100188
https://www.xkcd.com/1217/
>>
>>100185
the biggest issue is rampant anti-biotics usage. That's why this bug came from India, you can basically get antibiotics over the counter there and people will pop a few any time they get a cold. And then stop taking them once they feel better, when any time you take antibiotics you HAVE to finish the full prescription or else you risk creating anti-biotic resistant bugs.
>>
>>100248
having to take the whole prescription is one of the things i hate about anti-biotic treatments.
>>
>>100248
It's more likely antibiotic use in livestock is what created this one
>>
>>99695
MY BIO TEACHER WARNED ME ABOUT THIS AHHHHHH
>>
>>99695
>>100028
Aren't the Indians coming up with whole new ways to fight these kinds of superbugs with poo. Or is that only limited to stomach bugs?
>>
>>99695
time to mechanise the human beings.. these virus cant kill machines
>>
>>99705
You can help protect against super bugs by using antibiotics only when prescribed by a medical doctor.
>>
>>99695
>visiting india
>ever
>>
>>99695
just putting it out there, maybe this is apart of the revolutions of nature & human settlement.

The black death of the 14th century lead to fewer workers which in turn lead to a better standard of living for the average serf since the lords needed to actually attract workers.

The current "office-serfdom" of the west might finally die out when computers take on the menial jobs & the majority of the middle and lower classes are reduced significantly leading to better conditions for the average person.

I'm not advocating this horrible future but it might be a thing in the future that we should at least consider and (hopefully) avert.
>>
>>99695
>MOTHERFUCKING SUPERBUGS ARE HERE!!!!
This is what happens when you great antibiotics like fucking aspirine, and also put it in every fucking farm animal, you fucking western cretines.
>>
>>101987
It was in India?
>>
>>99700
>implying they haven't already shut down everything
>>
>>99695
this is what that viral plague mask video was secretly telling us all this time, the inauguration of a new president shall bring about the new plague
>>
>>99700
>>102172
>>99695
you fuckers I'm in tears over here.
>>
The Stand!

At this point, feeding anti-biotics indiscriminately to farm animals en mass ought to be a crime punishable by public lynching.
>>
>>100256
It's not that much effort
>>
>>103510

or you could just stop eating meat.

its not like it doesnt give you colon cancer, and literally destroy the earth.
>>
>>99695
>Visit India
>Of all the places in the world to visit
>Trip walking down the street
>Covered in poo
>1/8022 encounter rate of shiny e.coli
>Caught it.

Superbugs are a big worry of mine, though.
>>
>>100288
hmmm
>>
>>102441
I don't get it.
>>
>>104558
http://www.crazymonkeygames.com/Pandemic-2.html
>>
>>99695
>Amerifat geezer died
Nothing of value was lost
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.