[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Trump says public doesn't care 'at all' about his taxes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 1

http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/11/politics/trump-tax-returns-answer-news-conference/

>President-elect Donald Trump insisted at a news conference Wednesday that Americans "don't care at all" about his unreleased tax returns.

>"I'm not releasing the tax returns because, as you know, they're under audit," he said at the event, his first since becoming President-elect.

>Trump's comment are directly contradicted by most major public polls on the issue. A CNN poll from October found 86% of registered voters said they see paying taxes as every American's civic duty.

>Trump has refused to release his tax returns since declaring his presidential candidacy, arguing that he can't release the information because he is under audit -- an excuse that tax lawyers have said should not prevent him from releasing those documents, even as

>Trump continues to insist it's the recommendation of his personal counsel.

>"They've been under audit since the 1970's," a reporter began, but Trump interrupted. "Gee, I've never heard that. I've never heard that. You know, the only one that cares about my tax returns are the reporters, OK? They're the only ones," he said.

>"You don't think the American public is concerned about it?" the reporter followed up.

>"No, I don't think so. I won. And became president," Trump said. "No, I don't think they care at all. I don't think they care at all. I think you care."

>Trump was asked if he would release his tax returns to prove that he doesn't have business and financial ties to Russia that could be used as leverage against him -- a concerning prospect raised by a CNN report Tuesday that heads of the US intelligence community had briefed Trump on allegations that Russian agents had compiled compromising information on the new president.
>>
Idgaf
>>
>>99063
taxes are a scheme of the elites. dont buy into it.
>>
>>99087
t. Irwin Schiff
>>
It's true, I don't. If he had any nasty shit in his financial history it would have come out when he had to submit all his business records.

Likely the worst thing his taxes contain are the fact that he probably pays a low rate, which is why people want it to come out so they can embarrass him with it.
>>
>A CNN poll
disregarded
>>
we dont care.
>>
>>99077
>>99087
>>99173
>>99174
>>99176
My only question is why don't you care? Isn't it better to have more information than less?

Jesus fucking christ, he's only a man. I don't know why you're guzzling his cum like you owe him something. I say we hold him up to the same standards we hold every president up to.
>>
>>99179

>But you don't understand, he's not a politician!
>Therefore none of the standards apply!
>Anything he does will automatically be better, because he's not a politician!
>>
>>99179
>>99184

The problem isn't wether or not he pays a low rate, everyone can assume that.

The problem is the way the MSM would, and will handle this information. If he and you give in into their self-entitled tantrums, you will hear absolutely nothing but this over the next 72 months.

As anon said >>99173 , since it doesn't seem to be anything interesting in his buisness records, and since the MSM have failed to dig up dirt of any value for the past 14 months, we can safely assume that :

a - There's nothing substantial to be found
b - He's good enough to hide it, or have it well hidden (unlike Hillary)

Both would cement him as a smart administrator. And since the average american voted for him for the sake of efficiency (contrary to what the MSM would have you believe), it's a good point.

So, yes. We don't fucking care, because it's not real news. It's trash news unworthy of what you would expect from a respectable media.
>>
He doesn't want to release it because it shows he isn't as successful as he says he is. He has a very fragile ego.
>>
>>99186
>The problem is the way the MSM would, and will handle this information. If he and you give in into their self-entitled tantrums, you will hear absolutely nothing but this over the next 72 months.

I'm sorry fucko, but freedom of the press is still a thing in America and free press is good. I don't care that your favorite politician might have some dirt in his taxes that gives him bad press. Maybe you should have voted for someone with more credibility instead of the meme candidate.

>As anon said >>99173 , since it doesn't seem to be anything interesting in his buisness records, and since the MSM have failed to dig up dirt of any value for the past 14 months, we can safely assume that :

>a - There's nothing substantial to be found
Substantial things have already been found and continue to be leaked every day. Besides lack of proof =/= proof. There's no proof that there is anything damning in his tax records, and there's no proof that there isn't. It should be up to the public to decide that.

>b - He's good enough to hide it, or have it well hidden (unlike Hillary)
>Both would cement him as a smart administrator.
No idea where you're getting this. If anything, it makes him crooked as fuck.

>And since the average american voted for him for the sake of efficiency (contrary to what the MSM would have you believe), it's a good point.
I see absolutely no efficiency in the way he's handled his business as the President elect. Maybe it's time you start judging him on his current merits rather than what you believed he was at the start.

>So, yes. We don't fucking care,
Who is "we"? Trump currently has a lower approval rating than three of our past sitting presidents in the same time period.

>because it's not real news. It's trash news unworthy of what you would expect from a respectable media.
That's absolutely bullshit and this is absolutely real news. Stop shilling for your boy and be a fucking american. Have some respect for yourself and your country.
>>
>>99184
>he's not a politician
Oh how hilariously naive.
>>
>>99063
protip: his supporters don't give a shit and probably support that cause big majority are south shall rise again people
>>
>>99205
Who cares what his supporters want when only 35% of America supports him and his approval rating is the lowest of any incoming president?
>>
>>99205
His supporters are at 37% right now. That's not much.
>>
>>99206
>>99207

Remarkably his disapproval rating is "only" 51%, so there's a substantial 13-15% of people who just shrug their shoulders and don't have a strong opinion one way or the other.
>>
>>99206

Yeah, but somehow he won, hurr.

Quit drinking the butthurt CNN koolaid
>>
>>99191
After the nonsense we saw for the last 3 presidents frankly Trump is rather tame in terms of baggage. While the tax returns will likely show a low rate I have zero fucks to give. If I had the ability to run off of lower taxed forms of income you are damned right I would. The media needs to get its shit together and be objective in issues that actually matter. Commerce and fiscal impace of proposed policies would be a great start especially if it is not an evil heartless trump is mean format
>>
>>99227
Yeah, It's too bad he was such a shitty candidate or he should have beaten Clinton by 30+ points after 2 terms of Obama. The fact that he barely squeaked by in the electoral college by winning the 'clinton firewall' states by 10000 or 15000 votes while losing the popular vote by almost 3 points surely means he has a mandate, right?

>hurrdurr CNN
Get over yourself.
Get over yourself.
>>
>>99233
The majority of Americans are not Trump apologists like you are. The media is merely reflecting this fact.
>Trump is rather tame in terms of baggage.
This is genuinely funny. The media is going after the man because he and his family are an ethical nightmare, not because "they're mean".
>>
>>99241

Yes, because he ~won~

Get over it.
>>
>>99191

Adding to this guy, every other major candidate since Nixon has shown their tax returns for scrutiny. Hillary Clinton revealed hers and had them scrutinized to the point where the Clinton Foundation was ready for shutdown, why does Trump get an exception (and don't try the audit excuse, it's been proven bullshit since not only is there no rule, but if there was there's no way ALL OF HIS TAXABLE YEARS are under audit)?

>>99233

>After the nonsense we saw for the last 3 presidents frankly Trump is rather tame in terms of baggage.

Oh boy, I hope you're ready to qualify your position, because right now I don't see what baggage you're talking about for the previous three presidents when they were president-elect.

Also his "lack of baggage" also comes with a lack of record and a lack of experience, both of which should be considered significant negatives in our ability to determine what kind of president he will be, especially his ability to practice what he preaches and to be consistent on policy.
>>
>>99244
He didn't win the will of the American people so it's a Pyrrhic victory.
>>
>>99248

77 college votes say differently.

So do the people, unless you think California makes up the will of the whole country.
>>
>>99250
No it doesn't, that isn't how the electoral college works. It isn't a function of popularity, that's what the popular vote is.
>unless you think California makes up the will of the country
I think Americans make up the will of the country and Americans are giving Trump a 35% approval rating before he even takes office and fucks things up even more.
>>
>>99252
You're unbelievably retarded if you think popular rule is fair. Electing our president through elected representatives is as free and fair as it gets. If there was a problem in the past 420 years we would have fixed it. Also not to mention hillary had just as bad of an approval rating if not worse, so don't really know what you were trying to accomplish there.
>>
>>99254
241* fucking autocorrect
>>
>>99254
>If there was a problem we would of fixed it

Inertia applies to societies too.
>>
>>99254
>so don't really know what you were trying to accomplish
I'm trying to point out to you that the winning the electoral college while losing the popular vote is a pyrrhic victory. He does not have popular support for either his or the neocons in Congress's agenda (Paul Ryan). The views of the 35% of the population who are still Trump supporters do not represent the views of the 65% majority of the rest of America. It's time you came to grips with that fact.
>>
>>99258
Mind you 4-5 million of Hillary's vote were from illegals in sanctuary cities not to mention the most densely populated metropolitan shitholes in the U.S.

Imagine if the world ran as a singular government that based its elections on popular vote. China and India would be making the rules for the whole world.
>>
>>99254

>If there was a problem in the past 241 years we would have fixed it.

More like the current system favors the major parties enough that they have no need to fix it. As it stands, the electoral college fails to either represent the smaller states or provide electors enough freedom to make reasoned decisions (both important points in the original design, it was never meant to function in conjunction with a direct democracy). Under the current system at it's most extreme (and thankfully unlikely) it's possible to win with 25% of the popular vote or with only 11 states, neither extreme point is a good representation of the American people. The system does need improvement, it's just that any such change would weaken the power of the ruling parties, as such it will never change unless the political landscape drastically changes.

Also I would not argue from the position of "that's how things have been for a long time," since things do change even after long periods status quo. Slavery was an institution across much of the planet for thousands of years, yet it eventually ceased to be despite thousands of years of precedent.
>>
>>99258
Ultra kek holy shit you honestly believe only 35% of the nation backs trump? That's hysterical buddy
>>
>>99261
It doesn't matter whether you or I believe it, Anon, it's what the polls show.
>inb4 polls were wrong in the election
Not really, polls are a measure of popularity and the election polls showed Hillary winning the popular vote by 2+ points, which is exactly what happened.
>>
>>99261

Both Trump and Clinton had around that approval rating during the election. It's perfectly possible to vote for someone you don't like if you like the other guy even less. In addition, approval polls also include people who may not have even voted because they hated both equally.
>>
>>99260
See why can't I get a reasonable answer like this?

That is a very reasonable and respectable opinion. Thanks for sharing, have prize of 1lemon gumdrop
>>
>>99263
I agree with your post but I feel the need to point out that post-election polls sample all the people not just 'likely voters' like they would during an election, so the post election polls take into account the apolitical people you are talking about.
>>
>>99262
Its not that they are wrong, its just that those polls are bullshit. Every time a landslide victory happens all the pundits will all be edging the public saying its a tight run.

Just look at the election of 1936 for example
>>
>>99266
>he thinks this election was a landslide
I'm sorry Anon but I guess we'll just agree to disagree. We seem to have very different views about what happened during the election. I would call it the opposite of a landslide, Trump barely made it only through the graces of the archaic electoral college. He certainly was never popular among a majority of Americans (while he was running for office) and still isn't today. He can't refer to his victory and say "The American People have Spoken!!" and expect to be taken seriously when 3 million more Americans voted for the other guy.
>>
>>99269
>3 million "Americans" you say?
Since when was it okay for me to go and vote in mexico or Canada's election. Not saying it was a landslide but it was an major electoral victory.

I guess you'll just never understand that some votes are worth more than others. Farmer, miner, factory worker> cuck jobless liberals
>>
>>99273
>I guess you'll just never understand that some votes are worth more than others. Farmer, miner, factory worker> cuck jobless liberals

Poor people shouldn't be allowed to vote. Too many of these blue collar slobs overestimate their value and contribution to the nation. In the end, they're just hired help. Jobless liberals? Even worse.
>>
>>99273
>Since when was it okay for me to go and vote in mexico or Canada's election.
Not this shit again. There is no evidence of this beyond clickbait headlines that purposely try to confuse the driver-voter registration system in California with signing up Mexicans to vote.

Illegal aliens never get past the registration process. They are not issued voter registration cards because each county they register in is responsible for checking the status of the credentials. If they try to vote with someone else's ID, the votes get weeded out by the Secretary of State and/or Attorney General for the state when they tabulate the totals.
>>
>>99278
>class war now! ask me how!
Good post.
>>
>>99259
>5 million illegals voted in the election

Got a source to back that up?

Inb4 infowars-tier sources.
>>
>>99179
I just don't care dude. I don't have to pretend to give a shit about the zillion issues surrounding each and every political figure. I care about the ones I have reason to care about, and I have no reason to care about this one so I don't.

If there was a problem we would already know about it because his entire business history, aka where every dime he's ever made came from, is part of the public record now.

Worst thing that's come out is that he used charity money to get a painting of himself made, which is deep down in "so what?", territory.
>>
>>99301
>Worst thing that's come out is that he used charity money to get a painting of himself made, which is deep down in "so what?", territory

Holy fucking shit, it really is true that you guys don't even know what a moral compass is
People gave this "billionaire" guy money TRUSTING him to give it to people in need, and instead he used it to glorify himself, betraying promises, trust, good taste and human decency.
On a more practical level, even if you don't give a shit about the values (such as honesty, respect, accountability, compassion, and many other things that Trump openly disregards and even laughs about) that make our society respectable and decent (but at the same time you rant about MAGA and bringing back "the true American way" and "American values"), this means that Trump is a man more than willing to allocate resources destinated to other causes to himself, and to spend money that isn't his on personal issues - and since he now holds a position of power over the budget of an entire fucking country, I really don't understand how anyone could be so retarded to label stuff like this as "so what? territory"
>>
>>99206
Really sucks he won with his party in complete control of the federal government and a majority of the states then, huh
>>
>>99317
It's a painting, who gives a shit.
>>
>>99321
Did you fucking read anything on that post?
Fuck it, this is probably bait
>>
>>99320
It sucks for the vast majority of Americans, yes, especially when they try to pretend like "the american people" want what they're offering.
>>
>>99327
Well I guess maybe they'll stop voting them into office by the truckload when they go on 4chan.org and realize they don't actually want the things laid out in plain terms they then voted for.
>>
>>99301
You forgot: "bribed a state attorney general to drop a case he was involved in."
>>
>>99317
Good thing the Democrats ran someone who didn't do any of those things on a scale almost unimaginable, right?

Oh
>>
>>99328
I think it's more about who didn't turn out to vote than it is about the people who did vote.
>>
>>99063
honestly i think he didn't pay taxes. i say this bc the public would be happy to see that he has paid millions in taxes. but he's right, we don't care. there's fraud every where.
>>
>>99337
Casting a vote is a pretty big part of the voting process, so my advice to those people is to vote.
>>
>>99330
Clinton hasn't been relevant since she lost the election and yet I still see Trumptards parrot "But muh Clinton" everytime they are backed into a corner.

I just always assume at that point that you know you have lost the argument because it's clear that you're grasping at straws now.
>>
>>99340
It's almost like the election was a binary choice between Clinton and Trump or something.

>Oh ok Trump used charity money to get a painting of himself
>Oh ok Clinton used charity money to fund a multi million dollar lifestyle and accepted money from foreign governments and businesses while serving in one of the highest government positions possible and couldn't even mention the charity during the campaign because of how toxic is was
>It's all the same!
>>
>>99259

Really? I heard it was 10 million illegals voting, and that's not even counting the dead people!
>>
>>99348
>Oh ok Clinton used charity money to fund a multi million dollar lifestyle and accepted money from foreign governments and businesses while serving in one of the highest government positions possible and couldn't even mention the charity during the campaign because of how toxic is was
No she didn't. That isn't what the leaks said.
>>
I would really like to see what shady russian business deals are listed in Trump's taxes.

t. a member of the general public.
>>
>>99301
>his entire business history, aka where every dime he's ever made came from, is part of the public record now.

Actually his casinos famously started deleting all their records annually after an embezzlement lawsuit, and his other businesses, depending on how close to the guns they fly, also have relatively tight shredding cycles.

This is not illegal unless you are a financial institution. But it does mean your assertion that having his business records means we know all his financial dealings is patently false.
>>
>>99301
>because his entire business history ... is part of the public record now.

Where did you get this idea from? Some of his business history is getting reviewed since he's looking at the whole emoluments thing now, and some parts were reviewed for security, but none of that is public, and none of that is done as thoroughly or by mandate as it is for any executive appointments, including Cabinet members.

Btw, for all still confused, the President and VP are in general exempt from official conflict-of-interest and security background restrictions -- that's for the public (i.e. you and us and our representatives and the media) to evaluate.
>>
So when conservatives want to see Obamas birth certificate its a racist conspiracy but when liberals demand Trumps tax returns its totally reasonable now?
>>
>>99366
Yes, all presidents have released their tax returns since Richard Nixon cheated on his taxes.
>>
>>99366
lol nice false equivalence
>>
>>99366
>how many other Presidents have been asked to provide their birth certificate in the last 40 years?
None of them
>how many other Presidents have been asked to provide their tax returns in the last 40 years?
All of them

Is this too difficult for you?
>>
>>99179
>Isn't it better to have more information than less?
A flawed presupposition at best.

>Isn't it better to know every NFL Quarterback's Birthday?
No, the answer is no.

But in regards to Trump's taxes, we are a bit late in using that to determine if he is an ethical president elect. He's already been elected and will be inaugurated on the 20th.
>>
>>99374
>we are a bit late
Better late than never. There is some reason he keeps obfuscating when asked about them and it isn't because of some fictional audit.
>>
>>99375
Yeah, he's a shifty mother fucker. But in my opinion he is better than Hillary. They were both garbage candidates that we got.
>>
>>99374

Technically never too late, because impeachment is a thing (though the odds of that being used are incredibly low, especially given the Republican majority Congress, it would have to be an ethical failure of stupendous magnitude).
>>
>>99063
https://youtu.be/8VX18fVsyNc
i dont know but this might help
>>
>>99254
>241 autocorrects to 420 on your phone
>phoneposting anon is a skeevy stoner

How you feeling about "Winners don't do drugs" Jeff Sessions being appointed Attorney General by your boy?
>>
>>99254
> If there was a problem in the past [241] years we would have fixed it.
>he unironically believes our current corrupt two-party election system is perfect
lay off the weed anon
Thread posts: 74
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.