[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anonymous Bomb Threats Rattle Jewish Centers Across Eastern U.S.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 1366687618554.jpg (55KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
1366687618554.jpg
55KB, 400x300px
http://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/09/us/bomb-threats-jewish-centers.html

>The morning rush at the Jewish community center in Columbia, S.C., had subsided when the phone rang on Monday. The caller, an elderly-sounding woman, “in a loud screaming voice kept saying there’s a bomb,” said Barry A. Abels, the center’s executive director.

>At roughly the same time, a woman dialed the Jewish community center in Rockville, Md., nearly 500 miles away, and said there was a bomb. Not long after, a man called a Jewish organization in Wilmington, Del. He, too, warned of a bomb.

>Similar threats, which turned out to be unfounded, were reported all over the Eastern United States on Monday, at as many as 16 Jewish community facilities, one advocacy group estimated. Time and time again, the police responded, buildings were evacuated and, after tense waits, the centers and schools reopened.

>Federal law enforcement officials did not definitively link the threats, but the episodes rattled nerves, and raised deep concern and little doubt that the phone calls had been orchestrated.

>“My personal take is it’s a statement of where we are in this country,” said Michael Feinstein, the chief executive of the Bender Jewish Community Center of Greater Washington, in Rockville. “There’s some thought amongst some people that hate speech and hate crimes are O.K. and anti-Semitism is O.K., and I think that is reflective of sort of the political discourse that we’ve had in this country.”
>>
>Mr. Feinstein said about 300 people had been in the Rockville center when the threat was made, including about 200 preschoolers. After the threat in Delaware, parents were called to pick up preschool and day school students. In South Carolina, Mr. Abels said staff members and patrons attending exercise classes had to leave. About three hours later, he said, the authorities said it was safe to return, leaving many to wonder what had happened.

>“It could be anything from hate groups to a terrorist situation,” Mr. Abels said. “I think it’s probably more on the hate group side, because it was just a scare.” He said he believed it was “designed to be psychologically disorienting and scary and just disruptive.”

>Jerry Silverman, the president and chief executive of the Jewish Federations of North America, said the threats were part of a disturbing trend toward normalizing hate speech. It was less than three years ago that a former Ku Klux Klan leader killed three people outside Jewish facilities in Overland Park, Kan. And in November, after the presidential election, the Anti-Defamation League posted a warning about a reported uptick in hate speech and anti-Semitism.

>Some members of the alt-right, a far-right fringe movement that embraces elements of anti-Semitic, racist and anti-immigrant positions, perceived the victory of President-elect Donald J. Trump as validation for their cause and have become increasingly visible in recent months. Mr. Trump, who has a Jewish daughter and son-in-law, has disavowed the alt-right.

>Mr. Silverman said Monday’s cases were part of a broader “coordinated effort” to intimidate Jews. He said that Jewish organizations nationwide had instituted emergency protocols, and that leaders were communicating with one another on Monday as the threats were reported.
>>
>“We’ve seen this at Jewish community centers over the last year,” Mr. Silverman said. “We’ve seen it at Jewish day schools. We’ve seen it at synagogues.”

>“It’s all about training and preparedness,” he added.

>Law enforcement agencies in Nashville; Jacksonville, Fla.; and Tenafly, N.J., were among those confirming on Monday that they had responded to and cleared bomb threats at Jewish centers. An F.B.I. spokeswoman said the bureau was “aware of bomb threats” and had been in touch with the local police.

>“We understand there were similar threats around the country,” said Tzipora Cohen, of the Jewish Community Center in Tenafly. “I guess these are the times we live in.”
>>
>>98513
dirty jews making phony threats to get security grant shekels
>>
>>98511
My money is on it being some dumb teens, probably from a Jewish family thinking it would "hide" who they are.
>>
>>98561
I dont know, jews are seriously under pressure in enriched countries like france.
>>
2017 is looking to be a good one.

>alt-right

And there it is. Jesus the campaign is over. Qhy can't people just move on?
>>
Hey rabbi, watcha doin?
>>
>>98908
drinking the blood of little goy boys n girls
>>
>>98565

That's for two reasons:
>immigration from Islamic countries
>the resulting rise in right wing thought

Blame 'slims as usual
>>
>>98960
Yes because saying islam is responsible for all the problems is better than saying judaism is. nice try, JIDF.
>>
>>98511
They're only the Crazies. If it wasn't about jewish they'd babble another reason for hate. And they find lots of reasons to hate lots of groups and individuals.

Traumatizing children: this should be a jail-for-life crime.
>>
>>98525
>dirty jews making phony threats to get security grant shekels

http://www.stltoday.com/lifestyles/faith-and-values/jewish-groups-get-most-money-from-federal-security-grants/article_e3b8efb8-f2a9-53af-97bb-de25d66f0a6b.html
Jan 2, 2012

Jewish groups get most money from federal security grants

In an event announcing $1.7 billion in Department of Homeland Security grants, Napolitano noted that 63 percent of nonprofit grant recipients were "affiliated with Jewish organizations."

The following year, according to the Jewish Federations of North America, that number grew. In 2010, 94 percent of the department's nonprofit security funding went to Jewish groups that are, in the words of the Department of Homeland Security, "at high risk of terrorist attack." That included $222,000 for Jewish nonprofits in Missouri.

Last month, the Nonprofit Security Grant Program awarded three St. Louis Jewish organizations $195,000 in grants to guard against such an attack, according to the Missouri Department of Public Safety. They were the only nonprofits in St. Louis to receive funding from the program, which awarded more than 80 percent of its $20 million budget in 2011 to Jewish nonprofits around the country.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.