[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Nissan and BMW bring Microsoft's Cortana assistant to cars

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: bmwcortana.0[1].jpg (87KB, 1120x747px)
bmwcortana.0[1].jpg
87KB, 1120x747px
http://www.theverge.com/ces/2017/1/5/14184140/microsoft-cortana-nissan-bmw-car-integration

>Just days after teasing a Nissan and Cortana partnership, the car maker is unveiling its plans to integrate Microsoft's digital assistant into some vehicles. Nissan is working directly with Microsoft on its Connected Vehicle Platform, which utilizes Azure, Cortana, and Office 365. Cortana will be available in cars and will adapt its preferences and features based on drivers and others in the vehicle.

>Nissan demonstrated Cortana integration in a concept video of what will be possible with the digital assistant. Asking "what is my schedule" surfaces the usual functionality of Cortana's calendar integration, but Nissan also demonstrated the ability for Cortana to understand and suggest shortcuts to destinations, and even options to download new maps overnight. At one point in the demo, Cortana even asks "shall I engage auto park?"

>Nissan's CES announcement follows a similar plan from BMW to also integrate Cortana into some cars as part of Microsoft's Connected Vehicle vision. BMW plans to let drivers access Cortana through a dashboard screen, with the ability to access events, to-do lists, reminders, news, or any of the many other Cortana options.
http://venturebeat.com/2017/01/05/nissan-is-placing-cortana-in-the-passenger-seat/

>At the CES consumer electronics conference in Las Vegas today, Nissan announced that, as part of Microsoft’s existing partnership with the Renault-Nissan Alliance, it’s working with Microsoft around the use of the Cortana virtual assistant and other services that are part of a new Connected Vehicle Platform.

>This builds on Microsoft’s commercial relationships with BMW, which involves Azure, and Volvo, which pertains to Skype. But with the new offering, Microsoft is going after carmakers in a unified way.
http://www.seattletimes.com/business/technology/carmakers-hitch-ride-with-tech-down-futuristic-road/
>>
>>97649
cortana is the worst AI on the market. It does 2 things, use internet explorer to bing search and fucking nothing.
>>
>Microsoft

Awww fuck that shit. Root the car and install something better.
>>
I fucking hate this. Where can you get a new vehicle without a fucking intelligent computer and a built in tracker these days? It's stupid. Idk who wants this sort of bullshit in their car. People are fucking stupid I guess
>>
>>97769
And it can't even do the nothing right, I wish thst was a joke.

>>97944
In 20 years that's going to considered "vinatage" along with flip phones and all the hipsters of the age will actually drive their car and tall about how they wish they could come of age during the economic collapse.
>>
Since it wont let me post a pic:

http://betanews.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/upgrading-fridge.jpg
>>
>>97649
Oh yeah, my personal shillbotmalspyware AI to fuck me up.

I need Cortana like I need a hole in my condom.
>>
It feels a bit off, having a beloved childhood character as a voice controller.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.