[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Donald Trump-themed restaurant opens in Iraqi Kurdistan

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: 1454114697615.jpg (76KB, 634x423px) Image search: [Google]
1454114697615.jpg
76KB, 634x423px
Could he help make Iraqi Kurdistan great again?

Some people here are so convinced he will that they are showing their love for Donald Trump in unusual ways.
One, Nadyar Zawiti, has jumped on the Trump train particularly enthusiastically, naming his fish restaurant in the northern Iraqi city of Dohuk after the US President-elect.
Zawiti heard Trump say during the campaign that he was a big fan of Kurdish forces, and called for the US to arm them in their fight against ISIS.

He's hoping the incoming president will make good on his promise -- so much so that he named his new restaurant Trump Fish.
"What I admire about Trump's personality," Zawite says, "is that he's decisive, he's tough, and hopefully with that toughness he'll finish ISIS off."
The restaurant's logo -- featuring San Diego Chargers-style lightning bolts where Trump's hair and eyebrows should be -- was taken from a 2015 Uproxx story that injected a Trump theme into the logo of every NFL team.

The restaurant sells "maskouf," Iraq's national dish of oily carp cooked over an open fire.
Nadyar shrugs off Trump's controversial pledge to ban all Muslims from entering the US as mere campaign rhetoric.
He even hopes to someday open a branch of Trump Fish near the White House -- if Trump will invite him in, that is.

He's not the only dedicated fan of the President-elect to be found in the region.
Hassan Jamil, a Peshmerga fighter on leave, even named his newborn baby Trump Hassan Jamil.
Of the unusual choice of moniker bestowed on the three-week-old, Jamil explained: "I called him Trump because he is charismatic and has clear policies and that's why he won the election."

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/01/02/middleeast/donald-trump-themed-restaurant-iraq/index.html
>>
>>97284
>Kurdistani

Pity Trump will side with Russia/Syria/Iran axis.
Those guys fucking hate the Kurds.
>>
how creative it is ..loving the eyebrows as lightning bolts, i would buy his chips
>>
>>97284
Sadly, the Kurds are only good pawns and useful idiots for US and Russia. Period
>>
>>97284
What do the San Diego chargers have to say about this?
>>
>>97409

I don't think Russia gives a shit one way or the other, Iran realizes that Kurdistan could be an ally as they both hate Sunni extremists (and Saudis, as if there were a difference between the two), and Syria wouldn't be strong enough to stop it happening if the others decided to let it happen.

It's Turkey who would put the kibosh on Kurdistan happening, so Turkey straddling the fence is actually the worst thing for the Kurds, as neither Russia or America want to upset them. If Turkey go back to anti-syria rhetoric then Kurdistan could get russian support, and if Turkey leave NATO then NATO recognition of Kurdistan could be days away.
>>
>>97409
>>97454

The Kurds are already on their way to an independent state

They already have de-facto independence via their own army and government and they're never going to go back to the old ways now and it's too expensive and dangerous trying to force them.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.