[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Attorney Must ID Anonymous Tweeter In Defamation Suit Filed By

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 1

http://deadline.com/2017/01/james-woods-twitter-defamation-lawsuit-ruling-1201878247/

>In a case that could have wide-ranging implications for those trying to hide behind anonymity to smear others via social media, actor James Woods has moved a step closer to a resolution in his $10M defamation suit against a “John Doe” who tweeted out that the false statement that actor was addicted to cocaine. The John Doe has since died and the attorney for the deceased client was ordered by a Superior Court Judge that he must now reveal the name of the individual. Going by the handle ‘Abe List,’ the individual tweeted the comment out last July.

>The order follows a ruling last year by the Court denying the anonymous Tweeter’s anti-SLAPP motion that stated the tweet was just hyperbole and because of that could not be deemed “defamatory.” They also said that the Tweeter had died and now Woods was harrassing the family.

>Woods’ attorney, Michael Weinsten of Lavely & Singer stated today: “This is a significant step forward in our ability to recover the millions in damages caused by John Doe’s cowardly Tweet. It also sends a message to others who believe they can hide behind the anonymity of online social media to falsely accuse public figures of heinous behavior without recourse to themselves.”

>Today’s order requires that defendant’s counsel Kenneth White must disclose his client’s name, and other identifying information, by sworn declaration within the next ten days.
>>
>>97114

FREEDOM
>>
>>97417

OF
>>
>>97114
>>his $10M defamation suit against a “John Doe” who tweeted out that the false statement that actor was addicted to cocaine

>>$10M defamation suit (against tweet saying he was using coke)

Please; 10 lifetimes is not enough to earn 10M$ asking a guy to go into dept for more time than the average person is alive is just shitty. Demanding reperations from the family of an dead person is making this just tasteless.
>>
>>97439
>Demanding reperations from the family of an dead person is making this just tasteless.

Land of the free mate.
If you don't like it you can fuck off the communist China.
>>
>>97440
>Land of the free mate.
The Free has allready died, chasing his innocent family for money will just kill the dom in FREEDOM and the just in JUSTICE.
>>
>>97440
Living in Murrica is no excuse for being a cunt.
Oh wait......
>>
>>97440
stop being a fucking retard
>>
>>97114
>>Woods’ attorney, Michael Weinsten
>chasing after a dead guy's family for saying something mean on the internet
What would you call this, guys?
>>
>>97466
Nothing needs to be said. Just like a sunrise, it speaks for itself without need for words.
>>
>>97114
>>97114
Insurable problems because of a tweet from a troll account

He's gone too far.

Get grandpa off the twitter. People have real problems, this is frivolous
>>
Hey cut the guy some slack, it's expensive being addicted to cocaine. A cool ten mil would have Jimmy there flying high for quite a while.
>>
>>97114
>“This is a significant step forward in our ability to recover the millions in damages caused by John Doe’s cowardly Tweet."

it only causes damage if you validate it and let it cause damage, dumb nigger
>>
>>97114
This is why people hate lawyers... also the jewden
>>
>>97439
You'd do it if you could.
>>
>>97114
>The John Doe has since died

Don't make James Woods coke jokes or he'll fucking kill you
>>
>>97114
Title should be renamed: 'Coke head sues dead man and wins'.
>>
>>97114
This just makes James Woods look way worse than a coke head. I would rather be addicted to cocaine than this kind of a jackass.
>>
>>97114
This is so fucking stupid, what if the dead man had used the proper operational security measures? What then? Is James Woods going to go running to the NSA to help him track down the bad ol' meanie making fun of him on Twitter? Poor baby.
>>
>>97114
Any non-US cuckolds here with a twitter account?
Start calling James Woods a junkie old fart and coke head, wait for his response and laugh.
>>
>>97436
>>97417
not this shit again

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_defamation_law
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_York_Times_Co._v._Sullivan

The actual malice standard requires that the plaintiff in a defamation or libel case, if he is a "public figure", prove that the publisher of the statement in question knew that the statement was false or acted in reckless disregard of its truth or falsity.
>>
I thought James woods was a good actperson. Looks like xir's just a dipshit.
>>
Daily reminder that Trump wants Congress to make defamation legislation which codifies what the judge did in Woods's case did into law. The Ghost of Silence Dogood weeps.

http://trump-clock.com/
>>
>we're celebrities, our opinions are more valuable than yours

in the future gentlemen, shit on celebrities on tor
>>
>>100360
>in the future gentlemen, shit on celebrities on tor

To be specific, a TOR bridge.
>>
>>99712
>I'm retarded is now a valid defense to spew lies

Wew
>>
>>100235
Suck a dick
>>
>>100403
Is there anything in the world for which you won't apologize on Trump's behalf?
>>
>>97466
Poetic injustice
>>
>>99615
Someone should really do this
>>
>>97114
But James Woods IS addicted to cocaine. He offered to blow me behind the McDonalds I was working at the time, strung out as hell. He didn't even notice I was a girl.
>>
>>97442
free ice? as in, he'll be able to buy his cocaine forever? Did I see what you did there?
>>
>>100383
It always was? It's much harder to prove you are retarded than to prove that you are smart.

Case and point, you. You're not smart, but I can't prove that you are retarded even though you can't spell.
>Wew
>h
>Whew
>>
>>101526
>Case and point
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.