[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Texas pesticide deaths: Chemical may have sickened, but cleanup

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/03/health/texas-pesticide-deaths/

>The act of watering the ground after applying pesticide may seem innocuous, but it was enough to kill four children in Texas.

>One was a high school senior on the brink of graduation. The other three were her little brothers; the youngest was 7 years old.

>On Tuesday, Amarillo police explained what went wrong: Some of the family members started feeling sick Monday after the pesticide was applied under their mobile home. So one of the residents tried to dilute it with water.

>It was fatal mistake.

>After someone applied the pesticide -- aluminum phosphide -- under the mobile home, a family member tried to wash it away, said Capt. Larry Davis of the Amarillo Fire Department.
But aluminum phosphide mixed with water creates toxic phosphine gas, which can cause excess fluid in the lungs and respiratory failure.

>There were 10 people inside the mobile home at the time, Davis said. Emergency crews arrived at the home just after 5 a.m. Monday after receiving a call that people there were sick.
In addition to the four children killed, five other people from inside the home were hospitalized
http://amarillo.com/news/2017-01-02/updated-four-minors-dead-five-amarillo-family-members-stable-one-transported-lubbock
>>
I legitimately feel bad for these people. There was no way they could have known about the phosphine gas thing.

>10 people in the trailer at the time.

Wow, it sounds like their lives were pretty shitty to begin with.
>>
>>96787
Its okay, they probably voted Trump
>>
>>96812
Wow, now liberal Democrats are truly what Republicans were 2008-2016. Congratulations on singlehandedly making my opinion of an entire party worse.
>>
>>96812
quit false flagging idiot
>>
>>96851
tool
>>
>>96851
Oh get off your high horse. I can remember the Clinton Countdown Watch infomercials from the late 90s and the Chimpeach the Chimperor chants from 2005. Stop pretending like this doesn't always happen with the minority party.
>>
>>96787
There was every way someone responsible could have known. It was a neurotoxin (pest/life killant), of course it produces volatile (nerve destroying) vapors.

If I die this way, or any chemically stupid way, society is better off if you write "don't be this stupid guy, don't put water on neurotoxins and kill people by stupid."
>>
These people clearly can't afford all those medical bills and funeral costs if 10 of them are living in a single mobile home. I feel bad for them, I wonder if they are taking donations towards funeral and medical bills.
>>
>>96782
Why can't people ever bother to read the labels on the back of chemical products, do a simple google search of "what happens in you mix ____ with ____" or call poison control center?
>>
>>96812
Good job, you successfully turned a thread that wasn't about politics, into politics.
>>
>>97251
because that's all leftist douchebag neo-commie fuckwits have is their religion
>>
I'm sure drumpf will prevent this from happening again

Oh wait he wants to gut the EPA

Lmaoooooo!
>>
Give stupid people guns, they shoot themselves by accident. Give them poison and they poison themselves by accident.
At least they have freedoms, fuck yeah murrica.
>>
>>97239
are you really expecting common sense from people? And not only that, you also want them to document themselves before handling dangerous chemicals?
>>
>>96861
>Thinks left vs right is still a thing
>>
>>97321
It isn't the left-right paradigm that pisses me off, or the big tent politics that enables it, but those who can't help but see every news story through a partisan lens.
>>
>>96787
Why do people not read the warnings on a product?

Why do products that can be this dangerous get approved for sale?
>>
>>99758
Ask Obama
>>
>>97310
>you also want them to document themselves before handling dangerous chemicals?
(not him), but it's written on the back of the bottle. You literally cannot have the chemical without the warnings.

>>99758
>Why do products that can be this dangerous get approved for sale?
Everything can be dangerous. Even water can kill by overdose.
>>
>>99778
What a useless post
>>
>>99778
>Everything can be dangerous.
You telling me a safe alternative doesn't exist?

Seems very cavalier to allow something for casual consumer purchase that could be lethal if there was another safer product for the do-it-yourself plebs.

If you have serious problem with your lawn that really needs dangerous chemicals let it be work for properly trained registered professionals.

This is liberalism gone mad.
>>
>>99786
Who decides what is "Safe" or not? The free market or the government?
>>
Terrifying, I'd assume you need to know the upcoming weather before using the stuff, is it really available on the shelves or is this something applied by a pest control person?
>>
>>100236
The government. Obviously I think there are limits to what particular things the government should be able to deem safe/unsafe, but things like medicine, vehicles, poisons, waste disposal, etc they should totally be regulating. If it's a choice between safety and an extra 1% profit the free market will choose money over people every single time.
>>
>when the pesticides you bought kill your family so you nuke the chemical supply company that manufactured it

ancap_ball.jpg
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.