[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

CNN uses Fallout 4 to illustrate Russian hacking activities;

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 1

File: 2017-01-03-image[1].jpg (72KB, 1100x613px) Image search: [Google]
2017-01-03-image[1].jpg
72KB, 1100x613px
http://www.techspot.com/news/67620-cnn-uses-fallout-4-illustrate-russian-hacking-activities.html

>Video games being used as footage for real-life news stories isn’t a new phenomenon, but it’s still quite amusing when it happens. Now, CNN has become the latest organization to feature a gaming clip in one of its reports.

>In a video aired late last month during a segment on President Obama’s sanctions against Russia for its cyberhacking, a sharp-eyed viewer noticed the clip contained the hacking terminals from Fallout 4. Reddit user Poofylicious posted a screenshot of the distinctive green lettering from the mini-game, though the section appears to have now been removed from CNN’s report.

>It seems many news outlets still make strange choices when picking footage to represents hacking. If it’s not a clip from The Matrix or 1995’s Hackers, then a generic keyboard or a hooded youth in a V for Vendetta mask is used for B-roll footage.

>Bethesda, the company behind Fallout 4, has taken the incident in good humor. Studio Vice President Pete Hines tweeted: “Wait till they discover FO4 players were actually helping Russians and cracking real security through that mini game.”

>Bethesda Game Studios' Twitter account joined in by posting an image of one of the terminals, along with the message that it was an early look at the next season of Mr. Robot.
>>
Where's all the center-left posters bitching about "fake news"?

Where's all the warhawks screaming about the validity of accusations made against Russia?

What happened /news/, did too much reality seep into the hugbox again? Shouldn't this enrage you, maybe start a dialogue?
>>
>>96569
Only /pol/tards seek outrage and try to assign partisan faults to a non-partisan situation, Anon.

It was just a stupid mistake indicitive of clueless corporate media and their "31337 hackers" meme. They probably didn't even recognize the Fallout footage and thought it was from The Matrix movie like they put in all their other hacking stories.
>>
It's just yet another visual for "hacking" since I don't think any mainstream news organization knows what actual hacking looks like (or they do and know it wouldn't make for cool splash screens or whatever). There's nothing to get mad over besides maybe Bethesda not getting proper credit and payment for use of their assets. At most this should just amuse you, like explodingvan.gif.
>>
>>96581
>non-partisan situation, Anon
This is not a non-partisan situation.

The Russian-hacker story is itself partisan.
Believing it to be true is in spite of the lack of evidence is also partisan.

>>96584
>There's nothing to get mad over
Bullshit. If FOX did something like this, it'd just be further evidence of their inaccurate reporting and willingness to lie.
CNN does it, "lol no big deal don't worry about it don't think about it stop talking about it focus on Russia"

A propaganda image used to sell a propaganda-laden story to propaganda-hungry partisan whiners desperate for Russian-hackers to validate their fantastical world views about rigged elections.
>>
>>96540
Only city and rural side old people watch CNN.
They're too dumb and ignorant to tell.

They can afford being dumb since they live on other people's hard work and taxes, just like mexican welfare moms.

And I don't even have the time to take my girl out once a month.
>>
>>96540
That's embarrassing
>>
Reminds me of when the BBC aired a clip from ArmA 2 as an IRA missile attack couple years back. lol
>>
>>96540
lol, way to go, hines. those twats dseerve to be made fun of
>>
>>96585
>If FOX did something like this, it'd just be further evidence of their inaccurate reporting and willingness to lie.
>CNN does it, "lol no big deal don't worry about it don't think about it stop talking about it focus on Russia"
>
>A propaganda image used to sell a propaganda-laden story to propaganda-hungry partisan whiners desperate for Russian-hackers to validate their fantastical world views about rigged elections.
exactly this, well said
>>
>>96617
So you're saying it wasn't the Russians?
>>
>>96619
The government said it was the Russians. Just trust them!

If people like you were in charge we never would have rescued the world from Osama bin Laden's WEAPONS OF MASS DESTRUCTION

jk
>>
>>96624
it isn't just 17 government agencies saying it was the Russians, Anon.

http://arstechnica.com/security/2016/12/the-public-evidence-behind-claims-russia-hacked-for-trump/
>>
>>96631
>it was the Russians
>it

IT?????????/ HAHAHAHAHA WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT RETATRD

WHAT IS "IT?"

WHAT EVEN HAPPENED

INB4
>we got hacked

stfu. "hacking" happens every day constantly. idgaf.
>>
>>96642
I see that reading comprehension isn't your strong point. Oh well, I tried to spoonfeed you. You spit it out.
>>
>>96617
HERE, HERE! Perfect example of leftist-shitbag hypocrisy.
>>
>>96644
You said "it was the Russians."

So I am asking, what happened? What is it?

I get that I insulted you and you don't want to answer me now, but please do.
>>
>>96648
I have no idea where you got me being insulted from. I wasn't insulted, I was trying to help you but you seem resistant to help.
>So I am asking, what happened? What is it?
See in the article where it says:
>"CrowdStrike's Falcon endpoint technology did catch the adversaries in the act," said Dmitri Alperovitch, chief technology officer of Crowdstrike.
The "Act" he's talking about is hacking into the DNC email server.
>"When the DNC brought us in to conduct an investigation in May 2016, we deployed this technology on every system within DNC's corporate network and were able to watch everything that the adversaries were doing while we were working on a full remediation plan to remove them from the network."
This is talking about only the hack which leaked Debbie Wasserman Schultz's DNC emails. Not Podesta's and other people in Clinton's campaign. That was a separate hack of Clinton's campaign email servers.

I don't get what about this confuses you.
>>
>>96585

>Bullshit. If FOX did something like this, it'd just be further evidence of their inaccurate reporting and willingness to lie.

Fuck no, if Fox did it we'd laugh just like when the van exploded. This is the rough equivalent of every other TV show using "beep boop" sound effects for video games or generally getting technology related things wrong. This is not something to get mad over, this is something to laugh about.

Now if they tried to pass off Fallout 3 footage as evidence of hacking (like literally "THIS IS THE ACTUAL RUSSIAN CODE") instead of just a "dramatic" background then we'd have something to get mad over. But that's not the case, there is nothing serious to critique here, just simply "try and make original graphics instead of stealing them."
>>
>>96685
Not the guy you are responding to but I think it's being portrayed as though CNN was presenting the footage as evidence of hacking, or at least that's what seems to be happening. The Anon you responded to is not the only Anon i've seen who thinks this CNN footage was being portrayed as evidence instead of b-roll footage.
>>
>>96671
you were insulted because I insulted you. wtf.

anyway...

why are you typing so much shit? it was a simple question, but you people can never give simple answers. you purposefully make communicating difficult because your arguments are so poor.

I'm not confused, never really was.

some democrats are upset that trump won, so you're desperately trying to delegitimize him.

Russia hacks into our shit constantly. so does Israel, China, etc. this is well known and nobody gives a fuck.

I'm supposed to care that the DNC got hacked, why?

this is a non issue. Russia did not effect the election. acting like some seriously bad hacking shit happened is total bull.
>>
>>96688
t. /pol/

meanwhile in the real world,
http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/02/politics/digital-fingerprints-russia-hacking/index.html
>>
>>96702
weakling
>>
>>96707
I imagined you post in Alex Jones's voice with great results.
>>
>>96540
i don't get it. it's just a stock image of text on a screen that happens to be taken from a videogame. how is this outrageous or embarrassing?
>>
>>96716
It's worthy of a snarky reply from Bethesda about Mr. Robot but that's about it.
>>
>>96569
>lazy news worker uses first ok-looking result from google without checking out it's source
who gives a shit
this isn't fake news, it's just stupid news
>>
>>96686
>>96686
>but I think it's being portrayed as though CNN was presenting the footage as evidence of hacking
you are in correct in this assumption
>>
>>96585
>If FOX did something like this, it'd just be further evidence of their inaccurate reporting and willingness to lie.

No, we'd just laugh it off and move on with our day.
Honestly this whole thing is being made a much bigger deal than it should be.
>>
>>96716
Because the Russians didn't hack shit and they are using screenshots from a video game whilst calling alternative news sources "Fake News"
>>
>>96768
>>>/infowars/
>>
>>96688
>Russia hacks into our shit constantly. so does Israel, China, etc. this is well known and nobody gives a fuck.
man people give a fuck. they especially give fucks when it was connected with the election and looks like an attempt to undermine one of the candidates (who went on to lose)
>>
>>96768
Do you REALLY believe that they posted this screenshot as 'proof' of russian hacking? because in my mind it's 100% clear that they just used it as a background stock image during their discussion of the possibility of russian hacking.
>>
>>96710
DEMONS>>96806
>when it was connected with the election
how was it connected to the election?

what even happened?

oh yeah, nothing happened. it's just a bunch of Butthurt hillary supporters who won't shut the fuck up.

I'm tired of you losers trying to ruin everything.
>>
>>96822
This is how it was connected
http://arstechnica.com/security/2016/12/the-public-evidence-behind-claims-russia-hacked-for-trump/
>>
>>96823
Is there anything unusual about this?

Attempted hacking occurs all day, everyday, and every country is doing it.

Since nobody was concerned with hacking before, this sounds like bullshit.
>>
>>96829
this conversation just went in a circle.

PEOPLE CARE BECAUSE IT LOOKS LIKE IT MAY HAVE INFLUENCED THE ELECTION.

then you're going to reply 'but they didn't hack, so how could they have'.

I'm done here, you're either off your meds, or mentally handicapped.
>>
>>96833
>IT LOOKS LIKE IT MAY HAVE INFLUENCED THE ELECTION
no it doesnt.

this is sad. you are done here, because you have no argument.

it is merely your dream that Russia hacked and stole the election.
>>
>>96833
also, you feel like this conversation is going in a circle because your side is pure innuendo. we're trying to talk, but there's nothing to talk about.

you can't tell me how hacking influenced the election. you can't even prove where hacking comes from.

AND you can't even describe what "hacking" is. Which is why I repeat that nothing happened here. "hacking" doesn't mean shit.

it just sounds real bad do something probably happened guys...
>>
>>96834
http://www.cnn.com/2016/12/12/politics/russian-hack-donald-trump-2016-election/
>>
>>96836
http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/02/politics/digital-fingerprints-russia-hacking/
>>
>>96838
>>96839
how is a news link supposed to add weight to your argument?

I saw those before I saw you regurgitate them.

This has been a non story from day 1.
>>
>>96540
probably subliminal messaging trying to warn Americans that Fallout 5 will be the first VR Fallout game.
>>
>>96842
>I saw those before I saw you regurgitate them.
Obviously you didn't read them or else you would know how and who did the hacking.
>>
>>96844
All it says is that "officials" say the Russians hacked. AND they say that they can't know for sure.

I'm so impressed.

Did they find those weapons of mass destruction, yet?
>>
Paid news people are NOT professional, or experts at anything. They're in it for money and because they lacked intelligence for any useful profession. They spew out their opinions and label it fact and the masses believe because they lack intelligence too.

However, cnn has a spiritually-broken, psychopathic ceo calling the shots: The CEO is accountable for the image, for every word on paper and networked.

If you want to expose someone as the joke of cnn, blame the CEO: his title should be Prime-Retard, CNN.
>>
>>96850
Is it dark when you put your head in the sand?
>>
>>96854
so you're not old enough to remember the weapons of mass destruction?

you'll learn soon enough.
>>
>>96860
Good thing Dick Cheney isn't around to cherrypick intelligence reports anymore.
>>
>>96853
Jeff Zucker or Philippe Dauman?
>>
>>96863
yeah now that Dick Cheney is gone we can trust the government 100%

*eye roll*
>>
>>96877
You're an idiot if you think Dick Cheney's cherrypicking 15 years ago means you can never trust the government.
>>
>>96540
who cares? the only reason they showed that is because it 'looks' like hacking and is easily recognizable for someone in an airport, for example, passing by and catching a glimpse of the news in a lobby. saged.
>>
>>96853
Calm down, Benl. It was just a picture.
>>
>>96899
So you really are arguing that we trust the government

freak
>>
>>96540
heh this is nothing. Best Korea once used Kerbal Space Program to demonstrate a missile.

and turkish news was showing footage of an attack on turkey and they were really freaking out but it turned out to just be a game of Arma2 online.
>>
>>96581
>quoth the one acting partisian
>>
>>97064
How so?
Thread posts: 58
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.