[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

UberFreight is Taking on the Trucking Industry

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1

https://futurism.com/uberfreight-might-just-be-the-first-step-towards-an-autonomous-trucking-system/

HERE. WE. GO.

How long before we see Too Fast, Too Furious-style gangs hitting up these trucks for loot?
>>
>>95951
If they're not doing it with current trucks, what makes you think they're going to start now?
>>
>>95955
I'll give you three guesses.
>>
>>95955
well the lack of a big Trucker with a shoty is a good start.
>>
>>95967
Fucking with truckers is generally a bad idea. This is why I say they should just keep the truckers on as security.
>>
They will be equipped with long-range death ray cannons, so never.
>>
I think the first generation of self driving trucks will have a trucker on them just not driving. after that I'm sure there'll be some kind of defense where the cops are called and it'll take the robber too long to break into, are they stealing the whole truck or just cargo? either way there would obviously be tracking and streaming video so I can't imagine it'd be worth it
>>
>>95983
Then trucker jobs will be truly comfy.
>>
>>95983
I don't get it. If there's enough people to overturn a truck, they could easily outgun a single trucker driving it. This would be happening already.
>>
>>96015
The criminals with the manpower and the weapons to do something like that realize that shooting and death is bad for business. Murders and death cause heat, heat hinders the sale of stolen goods.
>>
>>95983
Unless they off road, they aren't leaving the high way.
>>
>>96015
bro the US isn't mad max world, how many bank robberies are there? crime goes down like every year, relax. Plus trains aren't constantly getting robbed like the old West
>>
What loot? Fancy soaps from Bed Bath & Beyond? Some furniture?

Let's pretend that one of these unguarded, lightly-secured trucks is actually hauling something of value; what would these heist crew even do once they had the thing? Anything of worth will have gps devices mixed in with the cargo or on the truck itself, assuming you were even capable of moving the several tons of bullshit that would be in the trailer, and after all of that, where would you go? It's on a fucking highway, you can't just roll off into the wilderness with your gigantic trailer full of stolen Wonderbread products.

The only reason to try and heist one of these things would be so you could go down in history as "first retard to ever hijack a robot truck full of ikea furniture"
>>
>>95967
>He's so anti-gun that he thinks self defense is wrong
>>
These trucks will be literally covered with overlapping field of view high-def cameras, you'd have to be retarded to try and rob one on the road.

>I think the first generation of self driving trucks will have a trucker on them just not driving
This will last for a couple years before people realize the few crashes that do occur happened because the supervising passenger did something stupid.

You're delusional if you think the "oh don't worry there will totally be jobs for people riding in the self-driving trucks" line is sincere.
>>
>>96037
Wtf I was talking about security of the trucks during the transition, obviously truckers are done as a career. it's like complaining about how the evils of technology took away all the switchboard operator jobs
>>
>>96026
>go down in history as "first retard to ever hijack a robot truck full of ikea furniture"

This. Bonus points for doing it in a custom-mod car with neon lighting underkit. I suppose the most valuable loot-by-density would be like iphones and laptops, but they all have activation keys for both retailer and end user now.

Still, I'd like to see it. There was a case of a mass cattle rustling in the US a couple years ago that was the first time in like 80 years, but it took about 7 experienced guys with horses and trucks all night (after at least a week of scoping and planning) to yield at most $40k.
>>
>>95951
worst idea ever.

regulations, security, insurance and shit post
>>
>>96037
EMP mine
>>
>>96061

Whatever you say, Snake
>>
>>96026
>>96048
you're all missing the fact that if you jack a 40 tonne truck you're going to need a fucking semi to steal the 40 tonnes of shit

facepalm.mp4
>>
>>95955
just think of this scenario, it's the middle of the night, nothing on the highway, you get two or three car to surround the truck and slow down until it comes to a stop, you can try to grab whatever is inside without a human being immediately involved
>>
>>96058
all about equal to a human driver and still less expensive
>>
>>96131
People already hit up freight trains for random loot, I don't think it'll be worth it without knowing what's onboard beforehand but who says all criminals are smart?
>>
>the year is 2030
>dindus robbing Amazon [insert shit name] Truck
>facial scanner Ids all of them and just charges them as buying all the product
>sends a police report of any damages which are read by Sergent Drone who instantly analyzes them, flags them, and files a case
>Insurance instantly paid to Amazon accounts
>Truck immediately heads back to overlord warehouse to be assessed by drone doc
>Amazon profits from this
>>
>>96490
But dey dindu nuffin
>>
>>96032
>>He's so pro-gun that he lets his reading comprehension suffer
That was a pro-gun post you /pol/fuck that probably doesn't even own a rifle
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.