[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Japan, for all intents and purposes, apologises for Pearl Harbor.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: _93153435_mediaitem93153434.jpg (40KB, 624x351px) Image search: [Google]
_93153435_mediaitem93153434.jpg
40KB, 624x351px
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-38438714
>>
>>95342
>inb4 donald trump drops the 3rd bomb on japan
>>
>>95342
I'm glad to see stuff like this, the guy who owns the kebab shop in my NZ town always lays a wreath to remember the fallen on Anzac Day, war sucks
>>
>>95342
Abe specifically did NOT apologize, as Obama did not apologize during the Hiroshima visit.

They both made this a point, and it was a very good choice for both of them imagine the reaction that Obama would receive for apologizing for avenging the deaths of Americans. For Abe, it may have been even worse.

I'm not sure why you lied in your post. Abe essentially repeated Obama's words during his translated speech.
>>
>>95417

I think that's it's supposed to be as close to an apology we'll ever get. I believe no US president ever visited Hiroshima before Obama, and no Japanese prime minister visited Pearl Harbor before Abe. It's a symbolic gesture without actually admitting wrongdoing (because let's face it both actions made some logical sense at the time, though one turned out to have been the doom of an empire while the other wasn't even about bombing Japan but sending a message to the Soviets).
>>
As soon as their school text books mention their actions and atrocities, they have taken responsibility for it. So far that hasn't happened. But then again, WW2 was generations ago and the ones alive are insulated from it and see it as an insignificant historical anomaly.
>>
>>95417
>implying a bitch mode surprise attack during peacetime isn't worse than wartime bombing

Fuck japs
>>
>>95537
Yes, the Japanese prime Minister has visited Pearl harbor before. Not with the US president, though.

And yes, they got their point across. But, it's important to note that neither side directly apologized.
>>
In the words of Hillary: "at this point what difference dose it make?"

Both countries have moved on, half the things I grew up with were Japanese things or American offshoots of a Japanese something. I hold no ill feels towards jpn.
>>
who gives a fuck? Im a brit and they sure as fuck dont appologise for burma yet in schoolbokks here they mention how teriible colonial rule is.

Everyone has dirty laundry in there countries history. Its nothing to be embarressed about and guess what, it WILL happen again only next time, mathamaticlly speaking, you'll probably kill more than any of your ansectors could manage.

Id rather forgo this double standard of heroes and villians of history and have everyone just come to the consensus that yes, humanity itself is just filled with cunts and we're no diffrent.

In short: DEAL WITH IT.
>>
>>95737
Exactly, why the fuck should the people alive today have to apologize for the actions of something that they had nothing to do with? Nonsense, all that's necessary is that people learn from the past.
>>
>>95722
They shouldn't have to apologize either. The emperor still exists but the WW2 Empire of Japan was dismantled. It's been more than 50 years, so apologizing now is just admitting guilt for something you had absolutely no part in.
>>
>>95737
I have literally never ever seen worse spelling or grammar. Like holy fuck dude did you flunk out of preschool or something? Fucking illiterate
>>
>>95748
>>95746
These are the opinions of animals. Base, simple creatures with no understanding of reality. You "people" are mayflys in both scope and complexity.

Please do not inflict your pathetic thoughts on the world anymore. They are beyond idiotic and have no value.
>>
>>95806
NO U
>>
>>95805

Im sorry teach' its just that i got all caught up in my righteous anger. I'll try to be more considerate next time.

>>95806
If anything these two have a grounded, reasonable opinion on this issue. What would be 'pathetic', as you so eloquently put it, is if they mulled on the past and it scared them of any real actions for the future. What you desire is a castrated world where no one does anything because, i assume, you fear any changes that might ruin your comfortable existence.

Im an avid history fan and think the past should be remembered as neither simply positive nor negative, instead a rich tapestry which we, in the present, can still resonate with on a daily basis.
What would be sad is if you are scared of your own past, or feel in some way responisible/ a victim to past transgressions.

Now that, my friend, would be truly pathetic.
>>
>>95342
As long as they not go on deep bottom like current Germany, I think it's fine.
>>
>>95342
You can't apologize for something you didn't do. Nobody apologizing directly started the War in the Pacific, did they? Then don't apologize. Same goes for every other atrocity in History.
>>
>>95806

this has to be pasta
>>
>>95719
It was planned to be a surprise attack during wartime, but they got the timezone conversion wrong.

For reals.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.