[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

U.S. Consumer Confidence Jumps to Highest Level Since 2001

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: -1x-1.png (105KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
-1x-1.png
105KB, 1200x675px
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-12-27/u-s-consumer-confidence-index-increased-to-113-7-in-december

>Consumer confidence climbed in December to the highest level since August 2001 as Americans were more upbeat about the outlook than at any time in the last 13 years, according to a report Tuesday from the New York-based Conference Board.

>American households are expecting a Donald Trump administration to deliver. They are more upbeat about the prospects for the economy, labor market and their incomes, according to the Conference Board’s report. The results corroborate surveys by the University of Michigan and the National Federation of Independent Business, which showed jumps in household and business sentiment on Trump’s pledges to boost jobs, cut taxes and ease regulations.

>“The post-election surge in optimism for the economy, jobs and income prospects, as well as for stock prices which reached a 13-year high, was most pronounced among older consumers,” Lynn Franco, director of economic indicators at the Conference Board, said in a statement. “Looking ahead to 2017, consumers’ continued optimism will depend on whether or not their expectations are realized.”
>>
When is the crash coming?
>>
>>95130

If Trump has Bush's luck, it will be after his reelection and close enough to the end of his second term that the next guy gets all the blame.
>>
>>95132
So there's time to rise this bullshit wave to the top. I'm still pessimistic about Q4 2017 following corporate tax cuts
>>
>>95132
History has proven they will blame the next guy whether he deserves it or not.
>>
>>95132
>Bush's luck
you misspelled stupidity
>>
>>95142

Stupidity and luck are not mutually exclusive, and we cannot deny how lucky Bush was, given that the most damning things all came out after he had already won his second term. The two disasters of his first term, 9/11 and Iraq, were either too early so the blame was easy to avoid (and could be used to pass normally unacceptable legislation in a flurry of patriotic fervor) or developed too slowly to affect his reelection.
>>
>>95146
Nobody seems to remember or ever bring up the anthrax attacks. Sent from Florida to Congressmen and media. Still mysteriously unsolved after all these years. One of the Bush administration's greatest failures...
>>
>>95147

Shit I totally forgot about those, and they were a big deal at the time because they were in the shadow of the 9/11 attacks and renewed fears of terrorism. Though now I guess the shadow of 9/11 sort of overwhelmed it because they were so small in comparison.

Looking into it, apparently the had a strong suspect but that suspect killed himself before anything was proven (and even then they lacked the evidence to even get an indictment). The case was closed after that, I guess when there's nobody left to prosecute and it's already almost a decade later there's just no point in finding further evidence since it's not going to trial.
>>
The economy was doing well before the great recession. Nobody thought that shit would happen. We're due for another one right about now. And Deutsche is still teetering across the ocean. Enjoy this while you can.
>>
>>95129
It's like the last frantic kicks of a rat in it's death throws.
>>
>>95155
we've achieved almost full employment, the economy is growing steadily, we're on track to a budget surplus the Fed has just increased interest rates, and we've managed to provide an extra 20M americans with health care coverage without the apocalypse conservatives predicted.
Considering we were teetering on depression in January 2008, I'd say we've had clear positive momentum.

Hard numbers seem to be conservatives' worst enemy here. Trump is already claiming responsibility for the optimism in an economy whose foundation was set by Obama's administration.
>>
>>95433
>throws
Christ anon are you even trying
>>
Dead cat bounce lmao
>>
>>95519
oh wow... a grammar nazi on 4chan.
take a bow anon.
>>
>>95519
What can i say, it's a doggy dog world anon
>>
>>95129
Look at that sharp rise.

And it's all thanks to our man, Trump.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.