[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Europe gets tougher on gun control

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 1

>The European Union has agreed to ban sales of the most dangerous semi-automatic firearms, and to make it much harder to legally buy other weapons in the EU.

>People across the EU will now have to go through medical checks before getting a license to buy firearms. Online sales will also be limited.

>Jean-Claude Juncker, the head of the European Commission, called the agreement a "milestone in gun control in the EU."

>"We have fought hard for an ambitious deal that reduces the risk of shootings in schools, summer camps or terrorist attacks with legally held firearms," he said.

>The EU will also make it easier to track legally bought firearms in order to prevent them from being re-sold on the black market.

>States across the EU will also start sharing more information about firearm sales to make sure that a person who fails checks in one member state cannot buy guns elsewhere in the European Union.

>The top three European institutions -- the Commission, the Parliament and the Council -- finally reached a political agreement on the new rules on Tuesday, after more than a year of difficult negotiations.

>The European Commission, Europe's top regulator, was pushing for even stricter rules, including a complete ban on semi-automatic weapons.

>However, some member states opposed that approach. Finland said such ban would affect its national defense, which relies on reservists being able to train with semi-automatic weapons.

>The Czech Republic and Sweden also protested, saying the ban would hurt those who use firearms legally for sport or hunting.

>Luxembourg, on the other hand, was arguing for even stricter rules.

http://money.cnn.com/2016/12/21/news/firearms-rules-europe/index.html
>>
>>93696
>Muslim truckers running wild on their countries.
>Opt for gun control
gg euros.
>>
>least gun crimes of any civilization
>The only gun crimes that happen are with illegally owned guns
>LETS MAKE THEM EVEN MORE ILLEGAL
It's like no one even cares about their personal safety or well being anymore.
>>
>>93724
So you want more crimes with legally owned guns then?
>>
>>93696
with all the shitskins they let in? idiots.
>>
>>93734

Better than watching from inside the Bataclan as your nation's police forces wait outside for you to be systematically killed by people who don't care for your super-restrictive firearms legislation.
>>
>>93760
is it really better though? what kills more people; vanilla homicide or terrorism?
>>
>>93764
>what kills more people
homicide by far:

"The global average murder rate stands at 6.2 per 100,000 population," and 437k were murdered in 2012.

Worldwide death by terrorism in the past decade varied from 10k to 30k per year, with 11k in 2012 and 28k in 2015.

Tldr, deaths due to homicide worldwide are about 20x more than deaths due to terrorism.

Now if you want only Western countries, the ratio is insane. According to the Global Terrorism Database, looking at the USA and Americans not in Iraq/Afghanistan (active wars) from 9/10/2001 to 12/31/2014, there have been 3066 deaths from terrorism total, 2902 of which were on 9/11, and 2961 of which were on US soil. So clearly we would be overestimating the number of annual deaths in a first-world country by quite a lot by including 9/11, but let's do it anyway: 3k/13yrs ~ 230 deaths/yr. Murders in the US have been steadily dropping since 1993 (23k) and in 2012 they were 13k. That gives a ratio of over 50:1 homicides to terrorism victims in the US over the 13 years including 9/11.

Now if you only use the past two years, the lowest US homicide rate was 14k and the highest terrorism rate (including mass shootings that can be tangentially attributed to terrorist motivations) was 50 killed. That gives a ratio of 280:1 homicides per terrorism victim.

Oh, and in the US in 2016 80 people were killed by lightning and 2 from Pokemon Go accidents. so the ratio of deaths from terrorism to Pokemon is 25:1

Sources:
https://www.start.umd.edu/pubs/START_AmericanTerrorismDeaths_FactSheet_Oct2015.pdf
https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s/2014/crime-in-the-u.s.-2014/offenses-known-to-law-enforcement/murder
http://www.romans322.com/daily-death-rate-statistics.php
>>
>>93696
Only an economic union they said. Now you can't even regulate firearms in your own homeland.
>>
Allahu Akbar!
The U.S. must take Monroe Doctrine now.
The U.S. must withdraw American Forces from all Foreign Countries now.
Stop America's doing its all wars now!

I love American99% and the U.S.

China, Germany and Japan must loosen Germany's, Japan's and China's monetary policies now!
China, Germany and Japan must stimulate Germany's, Japan's and China's domestic demands now!
Japan and Germany must issue a lot of construction bond now!
Japan and Germany must reduce Germany's, Japan's and China's taxes now!
The U.S. must tighten its monetary policy now!
As a result, Dollar value will rise!
The U.S. will have trade surplus!

Japan, Germany and China are evil empires.
Islamists' true enemies are Japan, Germany, China, FRB, top1%, Wall Street, American Military Industry and DOD!
Japan is the country which has been promoting Globalization!!!
Allahu Akbar!
>>
>>93696
Time to get a truck license instead
>>
>>93846
You don't NEED high capacity assault trucks.
>>
Anyone here from Switzerland maybe? I hear they have decent gun laws.
>>
>>93696
i hate europe. russia can have it. damn cucks.
>>
>>93890
Not as decent as America's but if you're in their reserves (kind of a state militia, but also if in the actual swiss military) you can keep your service weapon (Usually a Sig550, fully automatic, mind.) and its ammunition in your home and refresh your marksmanship qualifications at local shooting ranges.

You can find a bunch of pictures of these people in civilian clothing carrying their rifles with them on buses and trains during the time of year the qualifications happen.
>>
>>93712
It's because of that. There are many gangs- sub-gangs and terrorist group in Europe. Gun control means tackling them. Imagine a continent filled with Albanian drug gangs, human trafficking, literal nihilist terrorist groups, neonazis, football clubs and minor organized crime groups. That is Europe.
>>
>>93909
Same-Anon
I would like however to be able to get a gun on a stricker system of licensing than U.S. Mental tests, proper schooling etc. Not getting a gun for free because i spent 100 Eur on the supermarket.
>>
>>93910
Same Anon no3
Is any U.S anon here a gun-owner? I just have been hunting a couple of times and did me military service. How does it practically work owning a gun in the US?
>>
>>93909
>football clubs

I thought football clubs were just football clubs.
>>
>>93913
You'd be suprised.
European football club diverse crime activities deserve a thread on it's own.
>>
>>93911
It varies by state, for the most part. But the states - let's take Georgia for example - that are the most lenient usually only require an ID and a couple fingerprints at the police station to purchase a firearm. To have a concealed carry license is a different story and a bit more of a process, but at least to own one that's all you need here.
>>
>>93696
Sounds like they need to get tougher on vehicle control amirite?
>>
>Hey, these terrorists are coming into our country with weapons!
>Did they go through our legal processes to own weapons?
>....No?
>WE NEED TO MAKE THE PROCESS HARDER
>>
>>93925
>Hey! We need cheap labor! Let's make it super easy to get into our union and make it super easy to travel around
>Oh no some of them are terrorists!
>BAN ALL THE GUNS

>create the problem
>ignore the the reason the problem exists
>offer solution that ignores the root cause of the problem
>>
>>93917
You have no idea what you're talking about.

I actually own guns, unlike this faggot.

It requires an ID, a 'green card' is acceptable. A Polish immigrant I work with purchased guns before his citizenship test.

You must pass a background check done by the ATF that searches a nationwide database managed by the FBI to ensure you have no criminal record.

In Florida, without a Conceal Carry Permit, a 3 day wait is required. Anyone under 21 cannot buy a brand new handgun, but 18 and up can purchase a rifle or shotgun.

There is no fingerprints. The background check is done per gun sold, and is usually done within 5 minutes. Each shop has a website access provided by the BATFE.

Private sales are unregulated, as long as the gun is within legal specs. Under 16 inches, no suppressors, etc. Those are class 3, I believe, and require fingerprints, approval of local police chief and a 200$ tax stamp.

Private sales to person of under 21 of any handgun is also legal in Florida.
>>
>>93937
Cool!
I wish we could do shit like that here, but E.U citizens are fucking mental. If you could get access to firearms that easilly we would fucking kill each other right off... it needs time to boil down, a change like that.
Though it depends on each country as well.
In Greece you can get a shotgun permission as long as you are a registered hunter but if you want a handgun (legally) you would have to present proof that your life is under direct danger.
>>
>>93939
I wish you could too. I have always supported universal human freedom, even knowing I'll never be able to make a difference in a country like yours.

I'm not fond of taking away anyone's right to defend themselves, as long as they don't prove that they're incapable.

Unfortunately, the masses in your country have allowed the government to take basic rights, and now something as basic as self defense and target shooting is impossible.

I would gladly allow anyone from the UK to come to my home and shoot some guns. I love the idea of letting someone who cannot otherwise shoot try it out, even if it is temporary.
>>
>>93943
I've shot guns in Greece as a youth +military service. Masses aside the ammount of illegal firearms owned by everyone is quite large but unregulated.
>>
>>93943
Nice of you anyways.
>>
>>93944
What country?
>>
>>93909
They still can get guns. It's not like Black Markets don't exist and when they do get guns, they can do more damage because nobody else has access to them.
>>
>>93696
Isn't Juncker the EU's biggest proponent of a multinational EU army?
>>
>>93904

I thought they were semi-auto but what the fuck do I know....
>>
>>93947
E.U
:^)
>>
>>93980
De Facto Multi-nationalism exists. A fourth of the Greek Militia have a non-greek mother or father
>>
>>93909
>Gun control means tackling them. Imagine a continent filled with Albanian drug gangs, human trafficking, literal nihilist terrorist groups, neonazis, football clubs and minor organized crime groups. That is Europe.

Good thing all those Albanian drug gangs, human trafficking, literal nihilist terrorist groups, neonazis, football clubs, minor organized crime groups and other riff-raff get their guns thru legal gun dealers like honest citizens and not off the black market...
>>
>>94270
Gun control also includes actually making an effort to go after the black market and destroy any incentive to help people obtain guns illegally.
>>
>>94276

Enforcing the law is law enforcement. Black market gun sources are, by definition, illegal, so it goes without saying that any legislation that only affects the legal sale of firearms would not have a major effect on it. Efforts like this are paramount to lowering the speed limit for legal drivers because a drunk driver ran a stop sign.
>>
>>94276
nope
>>
>>94276
>Gun control also includes actually making an effort to go after the black market

You can go after illegal guns without going after legal gun owners.

"Gun control" is a massive lie that does nothing to decrease crime as it only affects the already law abiding, it's ONLY purpose is to strip the citizenry of their natural human right to keep & bear arms.
>>
>>94276
The only incentive I need is the exercise of my fundamental liberties.
>>
>>94416
Well said. I would add that making more guns illegal only increases the amount of illegal guns sold through 'black markets,' because the legal owners whos guns are now illegal rarely turn them in. They'd rather sell them to get their money back, at least.
>>
>>93696
Never understood this logic. Gun control is ineffectual and dangerous. Just force the refugees out and you're golden.
>>
>>94416
Nobody owns a gun in Europe, there's nothing to strip. You'd be a pariah if people knew you owned one.
>>
>>94480
A pariah. Lmao
>>
>>94489
Only crazies own guns anon.
>>
>>94480
>Nobody owns a gun in Europe

Depending on the nation, plenty of Europeans own guns though admittedly, nothing on the scale of here in the U.S.

Switzerland is an obvious example but even in the UK with their retarded and draconian gun control laws, one can still legally buy various firearms.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Firearms_policy_in_the_United_Kingdom
>>
>>94480
That entirely depends on the country. In rural France you can get a license for a hunting rifle, and I believe they even have some sort of open carry license. Here in the Netherlands only professional hunters, collectors, or sport shooters can own guns, and considering there's no real nature to hunt in, there's no hunting rifle license. In Scandinavia there is. I believe Germany has similar laws.
>>
>>94480
>You'd be a pariah if people knew you owned one.
This is what happens when you start taking /int/ memes too seriously
>>
>>94512
>In rural France you can get a license for a hunting rifle, and I believe they even have some sort of open carry license.

France actually has a concealed carry law on the books but in practice, only "connected" political cronies and celebrities can get a concealed pistol license.
>>
Americans can not bring order in their home ...
but do order to our house
>>
>>93783
Most of our firearm homicide is niggers shooting other niggers over drug money though, and if you're talking about total homicides then the US has higher rates for all kinds of homicide.

This new EU law is fucking stupid, as the actual solution to muslims going on the rampage is to crack down on the muslims, if not to just expel them from the continent entirely.
>>
Not in Poland, hahahahaha!
We kicked out from office the Eu cucks party, and we stay free! :-)
>>
>>95003
polacks are dumber than niggers
>>
Thèse are not weapons , book are weapons
>>
>>93913
Mate you've never see a Scouser and a Manc go at it after a match
Shit gets ugly and lethal
I can only speak for the uk and not the rest of Europe, but seeing tons of police, and a decent number of police mounted on huge riot horses, outside a football stadium before, during, and after the match was a very common sight.
>>
>>95017

agree.
>>
>>93696

to get a gun in EU you just need to call next polacke or ukrainian scumbag. they do even sell rocketlaunchers and heavy machine guns.
>>
>>93712
Lol. And it's not hard to smuggle arms in from elsewhere. Besides, it's easy enough to overpower and kill a cop and take his weapons. But the hardy vehicle is best weapon.
>>
>>94480

>Nobody owns a gun in Europe

My country is #2 in the world in guns per 100 resident, with USA being the first, and I have no idea where you're getting this from that people look at gun owners as pariahs.
>>
>Tries to tighten gun control
>Turkey is next door
>kek
>good luck with that
Thread posts: 61
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.