/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Australian Federal Court passed legislation to stop torrenting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: piratebay.jpg (134KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
piratebay.jpg
134KB, 1200x675px
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-12-15/federal-court-orders-pirate-bay-blocked-in-australia/8116912

>not many people use VPNs because they cost money as well
>In April of this year: "Free VPN integrated in Opera for better online privacy"
>>
>>92093
>There is nothing in the act that discusses penalties for people who try to access the sites.
hahah how typically backward. it's like they've never heard of proxy servers before,
>>
anyone who can safely torrent can get around laws like this. proxy servers, encrypted IP, closed-shell browsing, you don't even need to know shit about computers to do this
>>
>>92094
the australian federal court have to look as if they are doing their jobs. Otherwise people in australia might notice that they are a waste of taxpayers money.

they even mention to use vpns in that article.
>>
>>92093
Ah shit. just checked the website.

>Content Denied

>Access to this website has been disabled by an order of the Federal Court of Australia because it infringes or facilitates the infringement of copyright.

>1800 086 346 for information.

can easily access through proxies though. Why tho? It's just a torrent site.
>>
>>94124
isn't that a dns block? just change dns servers
>>
>>94124
>Why tho? It's just a torrent site.
>Access to this website has been disabled by an order of the Federal Court of Australia because it infringes or facilitates the infringement of copyright
>because it infringes or facilitates the infringement of copyright
>facilitates the infringement of copyright
>>
>>94128
By that logic, computers access should be denied because they facilitate the infringement of copyright.
>>
>>94169
Also please hand over all fax machines and pencils used to draw homor & bort sompson
>>
>>94169
>>94172
I don't really get what you mean with your reply, but those things you listed have all by far a broader number of uses and are not necessarily intended for piracy (actually that's not their "main/intended" use in the first place.. i.e. you can use a fork to stab someone but nowhere in the world it's considered a weapon). You can't say the same for a torrent site.

Anyway I don't know much about piracy law in aussland but I'm sure that it doesn't literally say "everything which facilitates piracy is illegal". I was just pointing out that the message made very clear that the reason to block the access to the website in question was that it facilitates piracy, so whatever the exact text of the law say, it allows to block websites for the sole reason that they facilitates piracy.

But yeah, I agree that it is terrible law.
>>
>>94177
Bullshit. Torrenting is used by many to share legally transferable files.

It's more like oxycodone. Actually used for its purpose by a few, but very important. Abused by many, but they're not hurting anyone.

Ohh, actually, I'm this case they're hurting rich people. Poor Sony executives.
>>
>>92093
Proxy/VPN and magnet links. Done.
>>
>>94200
what is bullshit in my post? I know that the main purpose of the torrent protocol is to offer convenient way to share big files between multiple peers, and piracy just happen to be just one of those cases.
Note that in my post I was talking about particular torrent sites and/or trackers. While torrent is used in a lot of perfectly legal applications a torrent site (as website with an easy accessible database of .torrent) and tracker such as piratebay or KAT is mainly intended to share "pirated" files.
>>
>>94177
The legal wording is overly vague and that will allow some nasty shit to happen. Forks can be used as a weapon and are covered under that definition of a weapon, just like a stick or a spoon is a weapon if it is used to inflict harm on another, so it's conditional.

The bullshit wording of the law gives too much leniency in deciding what does or doesn't facilitate copyright. Electricity facilitates copyright infringement, don't you think that is a bit much?

If you ever want to see if something is reasonable, you always go full retard on the examples to see if it breaks down anywhere.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.