[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Rent-a-Jew project hopes to ward off anti-Semitism in Germany

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 1

File: 36717856_303[1].jpg (35KB, 700x394px) Image search: [Google]
36717856_303[1].jpg
35KB, 700x394px
http://www.dw.com/en/rent-a-jew-project-hopes-to-ward-off-anti-semitism-in-germany/a-36710940

>With a population of 100,000 Jews, Germany is home to the world's fastest-growing Jewish community. And yet many Germans have never met a Jewish person - something "Rent a Jew" aims to change. DW's Kate Brady reports.

>"How many of you have met a Jew?" At a technical college in Solingen, Western Germany, 15 out of 20 cautious teenagers answer with just as many variations of no.

>"I've most likely crossed paths with one," says one student. "But I wouldn't necessarily know."

>That's where "Rent-a-Jew" steps in. "You never forget your first," the project's tagline reads. The initiative - with its admittedly provocative name - was launched by the Munich-based European Janusz Korczak Academy.

>The program's 50 members are leading seminars with private groups and educational establishments across Germany. In reaching out to non-Jews, the initiative aims to provide the opportunity to socialize with the Jewish community and break down prejudices in the process. Among them is Moscow-born Mascha Schmerling and Hanoverian Monty Aviel Zeev Ott.

>But what's in the name? "We know it's questionable. It's there to provoke, to promote conversation," Schmerling told DW.

>"People don't trust themselves to say 'Jew,'" Ott said. "But it's all about context," Schmerling added.

>'We don't want to be defined by history'

>Like many of the country's Jews, Schmerling arrived in Germany from the former Soviet Union with her mother in 1992. They were part of the so-called "contingent refugees" who today account for around 80 percent of Germany's total Jewish population of approximately 100,000.

>"We want to give people the chance to talk to the Jewish community. We want them to see that we're completely normal people," Schmerling explained.

>>
>>91226
how much does it cost?
>>
>>91232
The article doesn't say. I guess you'd have to look on their site to find out.
>>
Is this one of those onion sites
>>
>>91244
No, Deutschewelle is MSM in Germany.
>tfw you will never know what it's like to only have 100000 jews in your country
>>
>>91226
germany has a population of 80 million and 100k jews means that a quarter of students asked have met with a group that only consists of 0.125% of the population. why do i get the feeling that they met these jews at college already

also can i rent one for my pizza party, its in an industrial estate and we have very large ovens for lots of pizza, please invite all your jewish friends, the more the merrier
>>
It would be funny if someone called in a tip to the police about how this was really a disguised front for a prostitution operation
>>
Related:
http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-38281950
>Theresa May has accused the Labour Party of "turning a blind eye" towards anti-Semitism as she announced plans to help tackle hatred of Jewish people.

>The UK has adopted an international definition of anti-Semitism, which police, councils, universities and public bodies can use.

>Announcing the move, the PM said it was "disgusting" that anti-Semitic views were being found in British politics.
>>
>>91268
kek what's funny about this is she's right, only all the anti-semitism is coming from muslims
related
https://antisemitism.uk/british-muslims/
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-36148704
http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/ukip-leader-nigel-farage-muslims-responsible-rising-anti-semitism-uk-1478218
https://www.gatestoneinstitute.org/1703/uk-anti-semitism-muslim-schools
>>
Name reminds me of Rentokil
>>
>>91226
>"I've most likely crossed paths with one," says one student. "But I wouldn't necessarily know."
How is this bad.
>I didn't label a person and just seen him as someone like me.
>>
>>91308
we should make them wear some sort of badge, you know so people will know when they've met one
>>
At least 80% comes from Muslims.
>>
Why do Jews get so much attention and support? I was at my local hospital and there were Hanukkah decorations everywhere despite my city having barely any Jews, what gives? How much money does the Jewish community have so they can waste it on PR like this?
>>
I'll rent one female Jew with these sizes 36–24–36 for exhibition and recreational services.
>>
>>91550
This man gets it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYumwBnHMAc
>>
>>91264
>pizza party
>large ovens for lots of pizza
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>91269
>gatestoneinstitute
wew lad
>>
>>91563

He's probably trying to trick the jews into eating non-kosher pizza
>>
>>91570
Only if they help clean out the oven afterward.
>>
>>91226
So basically like friendship hookers?
>>
>rent-a-Jew
>in Germany
>not onion or fake news

W-w-ut?
>>
Who wants to start Rent-An-American-Expat, wikipedia says there's 100k of them
>>
>>91808
I would be willing to do this even if the pay is bad, if the family that rents me will cook wurst frequently
>>
but why?
>>
I just found out my friend who I have known for two years is Jewish. You know why it took 2 years? Because it would be weird as hell if he was like "Hi I'm Jeremy and I'm a Jew". It's not like they have to wear badges anymore...
>>
>>92195
i always ask everyone i meet if they are a jude. its so exciting when i find one!
>>
>>91236
>you literally have to pay to spend time with a jew
this shit writes itself, my sides
>>
>>91226
>fighting anti-semitism by having people pay to hang out with a jew
This is the second most jewish thing I've ever seen since bottled water and fiat currency.
>>
>>91226
>Jews selling jews for money to muslims in order to combat antisemitism
I don't think they've thought this through.
>>
>>91563
Children to make it a party and dinner.
>>
>Selling Jews to remove anti Semitic views
Irony must be a foreign concept to these people.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.