[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Yet Another Goldman Sachs Cabinet Pick From Trump

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 1

http://www.cnbc.com/2016/12/09/trump-offers-goldman-sachs-president-gary-cohn-directorship-of-national-economic-council-nbc-news.html
>Trump just offered yet another Goldman veteran a spot in his administration

>Donald Trump has offered Goldman Sachs executive Gary Cohn a key economic post, which would add to the administration another veteran of the powerful firm he bashed during his campaign, sources close to Cohn told NBC News.

Cohn, Goldman's 56-year-old president and chief operating officer, has been offered the directorship of the National Economic Council and assistant to the president for economic policy, the sources said. It is unclear if Cohn will accept the post, but he reportedly had discussions late last month about leaving Goldman.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/goldmans-gary-cohn-said-to-be-preferred-candidate-to-lead-economic-council-1481323947
>Republican President-elect Donald Trump railed against a global power structure and promised to “drain the swamp” of corporate favor-seekers during his insurgent election bid. He repeatedly singled out Goldman Sachs Group Inc. as an icon of that corrupt, multinational elite.

>Now, Mr. Trump is poised to fill the top posts on his economic team with Goldman bankers who have also supported Democratic candidates in the past.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/12/09/business/dealbook/goldman-sachs-no-2-seen-as-a-top-economic-adviser-to-trump.html
>Goldman Sachs’s outsized influence in Washington is about to get larger.

>The longtime second-in-command at Goldman Sachs, Gary D. Cohn, is expected to be named director of the National Economic Council, which oversees economic policy in the White House.

>Coming fast on the heels of the nomination of Steven Mnuchin, a former Goldman partner, as Treasury secretary, it will mean that economic policy under the president-elect, Donald J. Trump, will be shaped chiefly by veterans of the Wall Street firm.
>>
>there were people who actually thought a billionaire wouldn't just fill his cabinet with fellow conmen and scammers

weeeeeeeeeeew laaaaaaad
>>
>>90610
I have a hard time trusting mainstream news sites. That being said if he does keep hiring GS vet then I will become worried.
>>
>>90805
You say this while posting on a news board.
He conned everyone. You guys on /pol/ laughed at me and called me a shill for saying that Trump isn't what you're cracking him up to be.

You get what you deserve.
>>
>>90809
Why should I trust a media that lies about everything?
>>
>>90809
I really don't care who he picks I'm just glad Hillary did not win if he manages to do an okay job that is just a bonus to me was not expecting him to be amazing but Hillary is much worse.
>>
>>90811
You should care.
>>
>>90813
I don't I'm just glad Hillary did not win, don't tell me what I should and should not do.
>>
>>90810
Enough with this absolutist perspective.
The world does not operate in black and white extremes.
>>
>>90814
>>90814
This. Hillary would have have started WW3. Dropping Nato and normalizing relations with Russia was long overdue, and I'm happy for Trump. He is bringing US focus back to America, where it belongs.

>>90816
You are incorrect. There is always a right and wrong, and muddying the waters is something that only people who wish to hide their bad behaviors endorse.
>>
>>90826
>Hillary would have have started WW3.
This is the best fake news conspiracy theory of all, especially in light of Trump appointing so many generals to his cabinet.
>>
>>90829
Generals are the least likely to want to start war as they know the human cost of it though they are the best suited to finishing a war.
>>
>>90826
>Hillary would have have started WW3

You know that's literal Russian propaganda right?
>>
>>90826
>Hillary would have have started WW3

meanwhile Trump is actually trying to start WW3 only with China.
>>
>>90846
>China versus the world
It will be a short war then.
>>
>>90826
This is fallacy. The world does not operate in right or wrong since the world is composed of numerous people with different opinions.
If everything was either right or wrong we would have no courts to decide what kind of sentence an individual should be given for taking another persons life. Society operates on gray areas caused by different opinions and it is how the collective culture interprets scenarios that decides what is right or wrong.

>>90830
In an ideal society where the generals are not emotionally or financially invested in the politicians they serve under.
>>
>>90848
You think these generals are biased?
Based on what evidence?
>>
>>90847
It'll be a short war for humanity.
>>
>>90850
Only if you are in China.
>>
>>90826
>who cares about 70+ years of a stable europe, friendly to us interests.
>throw it all away to the russians for chump change
>>
>>90826
>dropping nato is long overdue
Why?
>>
>>90861
Cold war is over the USSR is no more
>>
>>90861
Because it is a relic of the Cold War that we pay too much into it. It also needlessly antagonizes Russia and China. You think Putin would be behaving how he has been behaving if it wasn't for NATO encroaching upon his borders.

We have crippling problems at home. Let the world take care of itself for once.

>>90859
I'm all for economic relationships, but Europe can take care of itself. We don't need to be subsidizing their defenses. Hell, I think Germany, France, and Britain alone could fuck up anyone who looks at them funny.

If they throw a fit because we want to help Russia succeed against Isis, that's their problem.

>>90844
>Muh Russian propaganda machine
Have you considered that maybe it's just an establishment ploy to tar Trump by associating him with our perceived enemy (which also works out because they want Americans to be angry or frightened of the Ruskies). It's classic red scare tactics.

Besides, have you forgotten about Hillary's "no fly zone?"

>>90846
China is overreacting. Acknowledging Taiwan exists shouldn't warrant their little bitch fit.
>>
>>90863
You're naive if you think Russia doesn't still have hostile plans for Europe.
>>
>>90867
I think they're more anti-globalist then anti-Europe.
>>
>>90867
Until they pay their fair share of the cost of defense Europe and its people can fuck off.
>>
>>90868
They're only anti globalism as much as it benefits US power. They have no qualms about opening russia up to foreign markets.
>>
>>90610
NIGGAS SHOULD'VE VOTED GARY
>>
>>90871
Who?
>>
>>90866
>If they throw a fit because we want to help Russia succeed against Isis, that's their problem.
How does that require abandoning nato?
>>
>>90872
He's talking about Gary "I've stopped using Marijuana for the duration of the election" Johnson, the Hero of Aleppo.
>>
>>90882
Oh that guy is a loser
>>
>>90873
It doesn't and Trump doesn't want to abandon NATO anyway, he just wants to force the members to spend more on defence.
>>
>>90826
>There is always a right and wrong
Spooked as fuck,, i genuinely pity you
>>
>>90830
>Generals are the least likely to want to start war as they know the human cost of it though they are the best suited to finishing a war.
Spoken like someone with no experience in the armed forces. You have no idea how to become a General
>>
>>90895
Why don't you share you knowledge anon, instead of acting passive aggressively. Enlighten us.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.