[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

German steelmaker ThyssenKrupp trade secrets stolen in 'massive'

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: 85[1].jpg (83KB, 970x647px) Image search: [Google]
85[1].jpg
83KB, 970x647px
http://www.reuters.com/article/us-thyssenkrupp-cyber-idUSKBN13X0VW

http://www.usnews.com/news/business/articles/2016-12-08/germanys-thyssenkrupp-hit-by-sustained-hacking-attack

>BERLIN (AP) — German conglomerate ThyssenKrupp says it suffered a "massive" and sustained cyberattack aimed at stealing industrial secrets.

>The company said Thursday it was "a professional attack which according to our information can be attributed to a group in Southeast Asia."

>ThyssenKrupp says the attackers targeted its Industrial Solutions unit and some data appeared to have been stolen.

>The Essen-based company says that particularly sensitive departments, such as its naval and power plant units, are specially protected and weren't affected by the attack.

>German weekly WirtschaftsWoche reported that the attack lasted six months before it was successfully fought off.

>Last month Deutsche Telekom suffered a large-scale outage after its network was attacked by a so-called botnet comprised of millions of hijacked internet-connected devices, including fridges, televisions and heating systems.
>>
>when refrigerators attack no one is safe
>>
This a major disadvantage of IOT devices. Why does a fucking fridge need internet?
>>
>>90359

because Skynet is coming

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skynet_(Terminator)
>>
How does one hack?
>>
>Profited from WW2
>Used enslaved foreign labor
>Alfried Krupp Nazi war criminal
>Sentenced to 12 years plus forfeiture of property; pardoned after 3 years and property restored to him; died 30 July 1967
>Fritz "I Paid Hitler" Thyssen, Nazi war criminal
>All part of the German industrialist class supported, funded, and profited from Hitler and his reign in which millions of people suffered.

Don't expect me to give a shit
>>
just wait until this happens to self-driving cars

and you know it will.
>>
>>90368
Hitler did nothing wrong
>>
>>90372
>nothing wrong

He lost. He fucking betrayed us.
>>
>>90439
he got jewed
>>
>>90370
you're wrong about Thyssen, though. He only was with Hitler before he revealed himself to be crazy, look it up.
>>
>>90368
What does today's company have to do with that?
>>
Remember the remade battlestar galactica? their military commanders were so spooked of cylons getting access to their info and their networks that their battlestar computer systems weren't networked - a separate independent computer system for each section/module of their ships.

you'd think that paranoia is so deeply rooted in their fear of cylons that its almost laughable.

its not laughable now, is it? no cylons here, though. just your friendly neighbors taking a peek at how you do things, and learn how to make them better than you.
>>
>>90491
This is why it's a good idea to have America's nuke silos operating with 1980s computers running COBOL off floppy disks.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-switch/wp/2016/05/26/the-real-reason-america-controls-its-nukes-with-ancient-floppy-disks/
>>
>>90346
>spend a trifling amount of money on infosec
>keeps devices with sensitive data on them on networks that can route to the outside
>complain about cyber attack

Fucking amateurs get what they deserve
>>
>>90346
I didn't even need to look and I knew it was China. They did the same thing here in the US.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.