[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Nearly 200 skiing Santas tackle the slopes in Maine

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 2
Thread images: 1

File: 1452791726755.jpg (104KB, 876x493px) Image search: [Google]
1452791726755.jpg
104KB, 876x493px
About 180 Saint Nick wannabes participated in the fundraising event hosted by Sunday River that was not for the faint of heart: The group tackled more challenging terrain than the traditional bunny slope during the 18th annual Santa Sunday.

Predictably, a few tumbled, but no Santas were harmed.

"This is the right way to start the holiday season," said Yelena Walsh of Boston, who's participated for the past four years. "It's so much fun."

Walsh, a former professional skier from Russia, said her technique to avoid calamity in the in the crowd of red suits, skis and poles is to race ahead of the pack.

She enjoyed herself so much that she remained in costume, handing out candy canes to children. "This whole activity, it moves you back to your childhood," she said.

Online registration filled up in minutes for the popular event.

Santa Sunday raises money for the Sunday River Community Fund, a local charity. Resort officials say the event raised $2,845.

Participants were required to donate at least $15. In exchange, they were allowed to ski for free and to receive another lift ticket good through Dec. 16.

Sunday River spokeswoman Darcy Lambert said the trickier trails didn't prove too difficult for this year's Santas.

"There were probably as many tumbles as years past, but that's to be expected," she said. "By the looks of it, everybody had a great time and enjoyed the snow."

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/12/04/nearly-200-skiing-santas-tackle-slopes-in-maine.html
>>
I used to go to visit a ski mountain every year with my parents, and my dad would dress up as santa, along with 5 or 6 other people. They would go around the mountain handing out little bottles of booze and candy to all the people working on x-mas day.

Anyways, 180 people skiing together seems awful. I've skiied with 20-30 people on uni trips and that was way too hectic for my tastes.
Thread posts: 2
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.