[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Poll shows Trump doesn't have a mandate

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 1

File: trump graph.jpg (34KB, 535x417px) Image search: [Google]
trump graph.jpg
34KB, 535x417px
Who cares if Trump made it onto the Time Person of the Year - they do that for EVERY President-elect. Trump doesn't have a mandate and this comes from Fortune, of all places.

http://www.google.com/url?url=http://fortune.com/2016/12/07/new-poll-shows-donald-trump-has-no-mandate/&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&sa=U&ved=0ahUKEwi6sr-slePQAhVBKsAKHaHbBdgQqQIIPCgAMAY&sig2=5WcvaWOev45a8TnvR2wWAA&usg=AFQjCNEeyc7SNnG-AFoZyYvyayuXMnqCgg
>>
>>90202
His mandate is having the supreme court senate house majority of governorships and state house and senates. You have no power here CTR.
>>
>>90205
I hope the White House laughs Donald Trump out of the place the moment he steps in it. Donald Trump is the worst thing to happen to this nation since Carter's Malaise since it shows us how pathetic the people can be nevermind Blondie himself.
>>
>>90209
>White House
Inanimate object
>>
>>90202
His mandate is the electoral college. The popular vote is not required. Remember that the nation of the United States of America is a Constitutional Republic, not a Democracy.
>>
>>90217
All the more amazing when it happens.
>>
I'd go on a man date with Trump.
>>
>>90205

And yet the Republicans lost seats in both houses of congress (though obviously still maintaining control). He doesn't have the solid footing that gaining seats and winning the popular vote would have given him.

>>90220

Remember that "popular mandate" as defined in common American talk requires a big popular vote victory along with the electoral landslide.
>>
>>90220
That isn't what a mandate is at all. You have to have the literal will of the majority of people for a mandate.
>>
>>90225
He does which is why he has all forms of government on his side.
>>
>>90217
Deliberately saying retarded things is not only a humor attempt failure but an example of being stupid
>>
>>90209
It seems that his team had no idea that they needed to replace the entire White House staff.
>>
>>90228
So you should stop speaking.
>>
>>90227
"He who controls redistricting controls the Congress." --Karl Rove

You don't get a mandate from the electoral college without a popular vote victory to go along with it.
>>
>>90231
Well he clearly did which is why he has control of government
>>
>Win Executive
>Soon Will Judicial
>Win Congress

>Everything that can go red, did go red.

>BUT THIS POLL SAYS PEOPLE DONT TRUST HIM SO ITS OKAY GUYS, IT'S NOT LIKE OUR PARTY LEADERSHIP IS OUT OF TOUCH OR ANYTHING
>>
>>90230
You so funny
my sides
>>
>>90235
>IT'S NOT LIKE OUR PARTY LEADERSHIP IS OUT OF TOUCH OR ANYTHING
It's like you think the GOP is in touch with more than just corporate welfare and trickle down reaganomics
>>
>>90237
And the Democrats are so much better?
>>
>>90246
In some ways, at least they got the whole "climate change is gonna kill us" thing more or less down
>>
>>90274
>In some ways, at least they got the whole "climate change is gonna kill us" thing more or less down

Except it won't, and the Paris agreement was just another embezzlement scheme.
>>
>>90274

Tell it to China, at least we don't need gas masks for inner city travel.

Also the whole
>IF WE DON'T ALL BUY TESLAS TOMORROW THE EARTH WILL COOK US
kind of exaggerated alarmism isn't winning many converts when people like Al Gore make wild predictions that don't come true.
>>
>>90283
well the paris agreement itself actually imposed hard hydrocarbon pollutant limits for all countries to follow before it was neutered beyond recognition due to republican resistance. Right now it's extremely flexible as a result; it's essentially just guidelines rather than concrete commitment.
>>
>>90291
This is what I hate about modern politics. Dishonest cunts on all sides who purposely fuck over something that will benefit everybody just so they can say the other side failed at something. It's so petty and disgusting, I don't understand how anybody still falls for it.
>>
It's official and everybody knows it there's no mandate for Trump.
Except for the ignorants, so those who won
Ultimately a loss for democracy and openness, honor and justice.

welcome to oligarchy
>>
>>90205
>>90220
>Trump supporters don't know what a "mandate" is but will comment on it anyway
Kek, just like Trump
>>
>>90224
Seats were lost because more Republicans were up for reelection. They will gain seats in 2 years
>>
>>90202
These posts are made to destroy the abundant #pizzagate evidence.

Do not fall for them.
>>
>>90314
t. tinfoilfag
>>
In politics, a mandate is the authority granted by a constituency to act as its representative. The concept of a government having a legitimate mandate to govern via the fair winning of a democratic election is a central idea of representative democracy.

He has a mandate because he won, you fucking retards.
>>
>>90314
>projecting your pedophilia so hard that you believe this
>so desperate to believe that others are as fucked as you that if a bot posted "Obama baby sex" in a yahoo comment you'd call it the real news MSM are hiding
>>
>>90205
>Hillary lost the election
>Trump supporters still instinctively call someone a CTR or talk about Hillary Clinton when anything negative is mentioned about him

Kek
>>
>>90315
>>90339
>Actually getting paid to kike around on the slowest board on this Moldovan wood carving commonplace
How I can get this?
>>
Based on a poll of only 1000 people.

>Next up on fake news, more bullshit at 11
>>
>>90386
Why would Fortune try to stump Trump?!
>>
>>90425
Because they don't like him? Are you feeling okay anon? You seem tired get some sleep you can argue on the internet tomorrow we will all still be here!
>>
>>90386
K
>>
Sorry, he does have the mandate. California alone puts up at least a million fraudulent votes for Clinton beyond a reasonable doubt given the illegal immigrants and the lack of barriers to voting, and that's being optimistic. It's probably closer to 2 million in CA, not counting other with rampant voter fraud (looking at you Detroit.)

It's why Democrats fight mandatory voter ID laws tooth and nail. Your intentions are so naked.
>>
>>90225
>>90304
>>90224
Mandate being defined as the authority provided by that of his constituents. The way constituencies work is that if you have more of them, you win - it does not necessarily mean requiring the popular vote. This is how we get around population centres such as New York and California being a dominating force in elections.
Regardless, Constitutional Republic = mandate given by the Electoral College
>>
>>90378

I think either /out/ or /n/ are the slowest boards, actually.
>>
>>90202
>fortune
That actually explains everything.
>>
>>90220
look at this retarded trumpkin trying to qualify Republic with something other than 'Democratic'. How do you have a republic that isn't constitutional? If it isn't constitutional, then it isn't a republic, just like a banana republic or the DPRK.

The United States is a democratic republic but he electoral college renders the vote of an individual living in Michigan worth proportionately more than someone voting in Texas. In essence, living in a certain state is as bad as the 3/5 compromise. So it is hardly legitimate.

Nonetheless, the electoral college is constitutional and that is Trump's 'mandate'. A mandate won with of the pop vote than Clinton and less votes than Mitt Romney in 2012--so much for the paridigm shift.

Considering Trump has no popular mandate, disliked by half his party and staunchly opposed by an opposition that makes nearly half the country, Trump has a responsibility to compromise. You can't just disregard over half the country and push shit through a gerrymandered congress and expect anything good to come of it.
>>
>>90499
'less of the vote than clinton' --i mean, can't type worth shit with my new keyboard.
>>
>>90469
/po/ is also glacial.
>>
> poll

Hmmm. What else did polls show a little over a month ago?
>>
>>90499
>You can't just disregard over half the country

after we deport 20 million dead people, illegals and privately owned voting machines Trumps popular mandate becomes very real, I bet it comes out that Romney actually won as well
>>
>>90505
They showed Trump 2 points behind Clinton providing for the margin of error, which is exactly what happened with the popular vote.

>>90468
He doesn't have a mandate without winning the popular vote. He does not get to pretend to represent "the will of the American people" when 2.8 million more Americans voted for the other candidates than voted for him. This is why he doesn't have a mandate and why he has no political capital to spend like a normal president would.
>>
>>90506
>after we
Who is "We"?
>>
>>90237
They clearly are, since they literally control the government
>>
>>90518
>they literally control the government
It's all fun and games until the filibusters begin.
>>
>>90515

http://elections.huffingtonpost.com/pollster/2016-general-election-trump-vs-clinton
You are both a liar and a fool.
>>
>>90528
No I'm not.
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/us/general_election_trump_vs_clinton-5491.html
>Final Results: Clinton 48.2, Trump 46.2 -- Clinton +2.0
>>
>>90529
Yes you are trump is the president and Hillary is not he has an electoral college mandate the only one that ever mattered.
>>
>>90524
tru
>>
>>90531
The popular mandate is the only one that gives a president the political capital to spend on his agenda.
>>
>>90539
Political capital does not exist if you want to get things done you need to have a good relationship with congress
>>
>>90544
>trump
>good relationship with congress

down syndrome detected
>>
>>90544
People hate a rubber stamp congress more than they hate a gridlocked congress.
>>
>>90548
You don't know that he is not even in office democrats have pledged to work with him on some issues.
>>
>>90202
Then
>Polls show Trump will never get the nomination
>Polls show Hillary has an impending landslide victory
>Polls show Trump voters shouldn't even bother showing up to vote

Now
>P-p-ools show Trump doesn't have a mandate!

To be:
>Polls show Trump will never get reelected
>Polls show Trump doesn't have a mandate even after his second win
>Polls show Trump wouldn't win a 3rd term if he could run
>>
>>90539
>The popular mandate is the only one that gives a president the political capital to spend on his agenda.

And he has a popular mandate.

Popular mandates go beyond merely appeasing a few big cities and ignoring everyone else. He won the majority of counties all across the nation because he didn't do that.

I know big city liberals like to think they're the center of the universe and everyone else are just uncultured red necks who need to be and think more like you, but, sorry. Not everything is about you.
>>
>>90554
>And he has a popular mandate.
no he didn't
>Popular mandates go beyond merely appeasing a few big cities and ignoring everyone else. He won the majority of counties all across the nation because he didn't do that.
Popular mandates go beyond merely appeasing a few big cities and ignoring everyone else. He won the majority of counties all across the nation because he didn't do that.
The popular mandate = the popular vote, genius. The cities are where the vast majority of the population lives. Trump can't claim the support of the majority of the people and then turn around and talk about counties and the electoral college. He lost the popular vote and thus doesn't get to claim the will of the people, i.e. a popular mandate.
>>
He has overwhelming support.
>>
>>90555
Yes he does he won a majority of states and counties that means he has the will of the people that matter California votes mean less then the vote of someone in Iowa.
>>
>>90558
Yes, fuck the population. It's the amount of land and how we cut it up that matters! Thank god we do this for governors and mayors too! Oh wait...
>>
>>90559
That is how our system works we are not a democracy we are a constitutional representative rebublic with oligarchic leanings the only democratic feature we have is jury selection which done via lottery so we have a jury of our pears judging us. Voting is a key feature of an oligarchy hence oligarchic leanings.
>>
>>90555
>no he didn't
Yes he did. Majority of states > majority of big city liberals.

>The popular mandate = the popular vote, genius.
Most people didn't vote.Those that did knowingly did so in a republic. The republic has spoken.

>He lost the popular vote and thus doesn't get to claim the will of the people, i.e. a popular mandate.
Democrats lost the election and thus don't get to make demands and claims about anything, let alone how the popular mandate works.

>Yes, fuck the population. It's the amount of land and how we cut it up that matters! Thank god we do this for governors and mayors too! Oh wait...
Always remember- it was working, 100% fair, modern system... while Trump was losing.

All of this flailing and whining from the left amounts to little more than being poor, hypocritical losers. This is how history will remember this election.

In ten years, you will look back on this, wishing you weren't so gullible and stupid. Too late then though.
>>
Its a bit of a task to actually go out and vote in the rural country/suburbs and be legal at the same time...Maybe they are to busy producing fruitloops to feed a few counties in California. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
>>
>>90563
>Democrats lost the election and thus don't get to make demands and claims about anything, let alone how the popular mandate works.
Congrats on failing high school civics class, champ.
>>
>>90578
Nice way to refute his points anon insult him personally!
>>
>>90587
There isn't anything to refute, the guy is a dumbass who doesn't know how the system works or what political capital is. The concept wasn't just invented yesterday. Neither He, nor Trump, gets to arbitrarily declare he has a popular mandate when he lost the popular vote, especially not when he lost it by so many votes.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Political_capital
>>
I think Melania Trump is a man. Seriously!
>>
>>90621
Gay marriage is legal anon it doesn't matter what you think.
>>
>>90554
It's not even the big cities either since until California was completely accounted for he was up in the popular vote which means even with Chicago, NY, DC, Philly, Miami, Austin, Detroit, etc. accounted for he was still ahead.

Clinton's popular vote lead is attributable completely to the few cities on the West coast which are even more out of touch than is normally considered for lefty cities (Seattle, Portland, the Bay and LA).
>>
>>90529
>>Final Results: Clinton 48.2, Trump 46.2 -- Clinton +2.0

A liar. And a fool.
>>
>>90670
Baseless namecalling
>>
>>90672
>Baseless namecalling

Based on the data provided for the former. Based on your demonstrated behavior on the latter. Called as seen.

A liar. And a fool.
>>
>>90676
Sorry but I'll believe RCP over The Huffington Post any day. Enjoy your delusions of Trump having a popular mandate.
>>
>>90678
>Sorry but I'll believe RCP over The Huffington Post any day.

The entire point is that you can't believe EITHER of them. They were BOTH wrong. You can't trust polls. And so your precious notion of mandate or lack thereof being based on polls means it is it BASELESS.

A LIAR. AND A FOOL.
>>
>>90679
The entire point is that the RCP average of national polls showed Clinton winning the popular vote by 2 points and in real life she won by 2.5+ points. The poll averages on RCP were not wrong.

You can keep calling me a liar and a fool in all caps like it's still cruise control for cool but it doesn't change these facts as I've laid them out.
>>
>>90314
If #pizzagate is anything more than a shitpost that got out of control, then I am the heir to the Russian throne.

>>90386
How many people were in your poll? 27?

>>90464
>It's why Democrats fight mandatory voter ID laws tooth and nail. Your intentions are so naked.
You know who else has naked intentions? The GOP who call for mandatory voter ID laws while making no effort to ensure that it is easy for our less fortunate citizens to obtain valid voter ID. I'll accept mandatory voter ID laws, even vote in favor of them, when, and only when, those calling for these laws also agree to provide all citizens free voter IDs.

>>90505
If polls were guaranteed to be right 100% of the time, we wouldn't even bother with elections. The fact that polls showed Trump losing neither increases nor decreases the reliability of future polls. And the general election did indicate that Hillary had substantially more popular support than Trump - and with Hillary projected to win by a landslide, it's quite likely that a significant number of her supporters didn't bother to vote, meaning her popular support is even greater than the election results show.

>>90554
Popular means people, populace, population. As in, unique adult human beings who are US citizens. It doesn't matter how many "counties" he has, counties are not people. And it's funny how hard you're projecting, you're the one who thinks that city people somehow "don't count".

>>90563
>Most people didn't vote.Those that did knowingly did so in a republic. The republic has spoken.
Unless we see polls showing that all those non-voters do support Trump now, he doesn't have a popular mandate.
Thread posts: 81
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.