[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Elector abandoning Trump

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: sad.jpg (25KB, 590x421px) Image search: [Google]
sad.jpg
25KB, 590x421px
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/12/05/opinion/why-i-will-not-cast-my-electoral-vote-for-donald-trump.html

Looks like the electors are beginning to turn against Trump like they turned against Richard M. Johnson in 1836.

My Guess is Obama will come to them on Dec 19th when they gather in DC to vote, show them 'proof' of Russian's involvement in the election, and we'll get President Ryan.
>>
>>89798
The rogue electors will be replaced by the republican party before then.
>>
But Trump appeases Russia so we're good, right?!
>>
>>89798
ya know I'm not a conservative, but President Ryan sounds so much fucking better than any of the final candidates
>>
>>89798
Good job! You got one! Now get 70 more.

>the only time he was wrong, was when he said we'd get tired of winning
>>
>>89812
Vox says we have 36 more electors before Trump can be removed.

http://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2016/12/5/13848846/electoral-college-trump-hamilton-electors
>>
>>89811
Between the two final options yeah. But Ryan is still a corporate goon.
>>
>>89833
Lol Vox loves Trump, so does CNN. Fairest of the fair am I right folks?
>>
>>89798
>They haven't proven shit up until this point
>Hillary is still under investigation
>Emails chalk full of corruption
>Podesta
>Cover-ups
>CNN/NYT/Politico Collision with DNC
>The ride never ends
>>
>>89840

BUT TRUMP SAID MEAN THINGS
>>
"Lessig offers free help to electors wanting to vote against Trump"
http://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/308913-lawyers-offer-free-legal-help-to-electors-looking-to-vote-against-trump
>>
>>89798
Is Ryan even old enough?
>>
>>89798
He's pathetic

He's a tool of office, he's bitching about how Trump is decisive, yet he is angling for the largest divide of them all.

Does he want all the electors to follow his suit?

Does he have any idea what would happen?

Petulant children.
>>
>>89838
>CNN loves trump
anon?
>>
>>89897
Not OP, but they love Trump in the sense they can't stop talking about him; they are obsessed.
>>
>>89798
Update:
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/nov/30/faithless-electors-electoral-college-donald-trump
>A teenager from Washington state has become the seventh person to indicate that she will break ranks with party affiliation and become a “faithless elector” in an attempt to prevent Donald Trump being formally enshrined as president-elect when the electoral college meets on 19 December.

>Levi Guerra, 19, from Vancouver, Washington, is set to announce that she is joining the ranks of the so-called “Hamilton electors” at a press conference at the state capitol in Olympia on Wednesday.

>The renegade group believes it is the responsibility of the 538 electors who make up the electoral college to show moral courage in preventing demagogues and other threats to the nation from gaining the keys to the White House, as the founding fathers intended.

>“I stand behind Hamilton electors,” Guerra said in a statement to the Guardian. “I promised those who elected me that I would do everything I could to keep Donald Trump out of office.”

>Guerra is one of 12 electors in Washington state who on 19 December have been mandated to vote for Hillary Clinton, the Democratic candidate, as part of the electoral college. Within the arcane structures of American democracy, the election of the president is not direct by all the people, but passes indirectly through the electors who are in turn expected to vote for the candidate that won their state.
>>
>>89925

So she is a Dem elector. How is she going to defect AGAINST Trumpf?
>>
>>89927
>Clinton took Washington state by 53% to Trump’s 37%. Instead of following the electoral college norm of voting for Clinton, Guerra will cast what is in effect a protest vote directed at Trump – she will write in an “alternative Republican” of a more moderate political stripe than the president-elect as a way of highlighting her deep fears about his presidency in the hope of encouraging Republican electors in red states to follow suit.
>>
>>89927
>>89928
Also she is the seventh elector to make that pledge, according to the article.
>>
I can't wait to see what the new desperate coping mechanism is on the 20th when he still cries the necessary votes from the EC.

They already tried this "lets force a grass roots uprising against Trump" thing with the 'pussy grabbing' tapes and the pseudo-outrage from the GOP, who only days later got put in their place by their constituents.

Trump is going to be POTUS. Nothing can stop it.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.