[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mistrial in murder case against cop who shot Walter Scott

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2016/12/05/judge-rejects-mistrial-request-cop-who-shot-walter-scott/94992510/

> South Carolina judge declared a mistrial Monday after jurors said they were unable to reach a unanimous verdict in the case of a white former North Charleston police officer charged with murder in the death of black motorist Walter Scott.

>The mistrial came just a few hours after Circuit Judge Clifton Newman had ordered jurors to continue deliberating. But the jurors reported later that they were hopelessly unable to reach a unanimous consensus. The panel of one black and 11 white jurors had deliberated about 22 hours over four days.

>Lawyers for Michael Slager had sought a mistrial after jurors told Newman on Friday they were deadlocked because one holdout juror was unwilling to convict Slager. Jurors, however, sent the judge a note Monday saying most of the jurors were undecided.

>The jurors also asked the judge several questions, including why Slager was charged with voluntary manslaughter in addition to murder. Slager could spend the rest of his life in prison if convicted of murder. A voluntary manslaughter conviction could bring a sentence of anywhere from two years to 30 years.

I don't care if you're for or against BLM, the simple fact is, it shouldn't be this hard to convict a cop who shot a fleeing, unarmed suspect in the back, repeatedly, and then planted evidence. On camera. But hey, it's not an acquittal. Let the man have one last Christmas.
>>
>>89756
Which one was this one?
>>
>>89837

Lost count after Michael Brown, but I think this one was actually legit. Fuck knows.
>>
>>89847
>>89837
The cop shot him in the back while he was running away. Then after he was dead the cop planted his taser on the body. This was all caught on video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6-jFQPu-yo
>>
>>89756
>>89976
Don't flee from the police
Don't charge for murder and man slaughter at the same time
Don't make it impossible for the jury to convict
Murder requires premeditation. That charge should have never been on there. Blame the DA not racism. It was a stupid fucking choice to charge him with both, that's why you get a hung jury.
>>
>>89976
It is murder. Use of wildly excessive leathal force and an abuse of power = murder.
Not man slaughter. This was no accident.
The cop knew what the fuck he was doing.
He needs to be made an example of.

Cops have duty to serve and protect and can't unilaterally act as judge and executioner. That guy had a right to a trial.
>>
>>89978
>Murder requires premeditation
Not so.
>>
>>89978
>Don't flee from the police
You shouldn't flee from the police but that doesn't excuse the cop fucking murdering him then planting evidence. Besides, the guy was probably scared for his life, which, hey, look what happened.

>Don't charge for murder and man slaughter at the same time
>Don't make it impossible for the jury to convict
>Blame the DA

Golly gee, those are some big mistakes. Almost as if they didn't want to convict him. If I didn't know any better I'd say the criminal justice system is corrupt and deliberately protects police officers from the consequences of their wrongdoing.
>>
>>89976
the only unjustified cop killing a black dude ive ever seen. Every other time they're just being niggers. prove me wrong.
>>
What's with Americans and race?

Every time, no matter if informal stories about oneself, others, or news such as;
races of all involved persons are mentioned.
"the jury consists of11 whites and one black".

How is this relevant?
>>
>>90103
You have to divide people before you can break them down.
>>
>>89981
Yes it does.
>>
>>90103
a lot of black people want affirmative action in all areas of life instead of just the job market, so they look for as many opportunities as possible to mention the white majority as if that's the reason they are poor.
>>
>>90141
What's second degree murder then?
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.