[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

To move into the White House, Trump may have to dump DC hotel

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: 49352407.cached[1].jpg (112KB, 800x500px) Image search: [Google]
49352407.cached[1].jpg
112KB, 800x500px
http://www.cnbc.com/2016/12/02/to-move-into-the-white-house-trump-may-have-to-dump-dc-hotel.html

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/warren-to-gsa-rip-up-lease-with-trump-hotel/article/2608651
>Warren to GSA: Rip up lease with Trump hotel

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/inside-potential-conflict-posed-trumps-dc-hotel/story?id=43911604
>Inside the Potential Conflict Posed by Trump's DC Hotel

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2016/12/01/democrats-target-trump-hotel-as-federal-government-shrugs.html
>Democrats Target Trump Hotel as Federal Government Shrugs

>Donald Trump hasn’t taken the oath of office yet and he’s already making history as one of the most conflicted presidents ever.

>The billionaire businessman’s vast holdings have created a unique set of potential conflicts of interest—but none are as prominent as the one down the street from the very home he will occupy come January.

>That’s because the Trump International Hotel is in the Old Post Office building, which is leased to Trump and his family by the federal government. The very federal government he will soon control. The lease agreement signed in 2013 with the General Services Administration (GSA) stipulates that “no elected official” can be part of the lease, so the president-elect faces an immediate conflict when he takes office.

>And no one knows what to do.
>>
>>89361
How is this even news? The lease agreement will likely be modified dipshit.
>>
>Dull, save for clause 37.19 on top of page 103, which has suddenly become the subject of great discussion among experts on government contracting law, and not a few Trump critics.

>If some of the experts are correct - a big if - the first 43 words of this clause could force Trump to unload his equity stake in the hotel just down the street from the White House. The key part: No "elected official of the Government of the United States" shall be "admitted to any share or part of this Lease."
>>
>>89371
>No "elected official of the Government of the United States" shall be "admitted to any share or part of this Lease."

He wasn't an elected government official when he was admitted.
>>
>>89504
If any foreign diplomat ever stayed at the hotel, it could be considered a gift to the president, which is illegal.
He should sell it
>>
>>89361
I thought his children were taking over his businesses? If so, there will be no problem.

And if Trump were ever to offer any foreign leader to stay there for free, it would also be good for the taxpayer at the expense of a little publicity for Trump Hotels. Win-win in my book.
>>
>>89532
>If so, there will be no problem.
Good to know you approve but it's still illegal
>>
>>89533
Conflict of interest laws do not apply to the president.
>>
>>89536
According to whom?
Meanwhile, Article I, Section 9, Clause 8
of The Constitution says:
>No Title of Nobility shall be granted by the United States: And no Person holding any Office of Profit or Trust under them, shall, without the Consent of the Congress, accept of any present, Emolument, Office, or Title, of any kind whatever, from any King, Prince, or foreign State.
>>
>>89536
That may be true, but it would not be good practice for the president to engage in conflicts of interest. Even giving the appearance of doing so is bad.

It is illegal for the president to accept gifts or money from foreign leaders while in office, which he would be if any foreign dignitaries stayed at the hotel
>>
>>89505
He's gonna hand it off to one of his kid's, just wait.
>>
>>89592
Still a conflict of interest
>>
>>89549
>not be good practice for the president to engage in conflicts of interest.
ah, you mean like obama campaigning for shillary, and proclaiming her the next president?
>>
>>89613
I never said it wasn't.
But his children ard not elected officials, so it does not apply to them.
>>
>>89647
By your logic, this is okay since the president can legally engage in conflicts of interest.

The incumbent president endorsing/campaigning a member of their political party for president is nothing new.

Please enlighten me as to when he proclaimed her to be the next president (aside from basically all presidential canidates being announced as "the next president of the united states" at some point during campaign rallies)

>>89659
I don't buy that he won't be lept apprised of his businesses by his children
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.