[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Suicide rampant "everywhere"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 1

File: abc.jpg (40KB, 915x408px) Image search: [Google]
abc.jpg
40KB, 915x408px
http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/suicide-14-i-have-racked-my-brain-trying-understand-n686036

Most parents are worthless. Their children are so depressed that they suicide and these parents don't have a clue in their head to realize it's because they were incompetent, inadequate and criminally negligent. They blame other people for their child's unhappiness: Exactly as they blamed their children for Everything. They lied to them constantly: santa, tooth faerie, etc.

These worthless people shouldn't be allowed to reproduce: most parents are so ADD that they can't even push a stroller across a twenty-foot crosswalk without losing their focus and staring at their crack phone.

Most parents are perverts: busy sexting and peeping at peektures, which is the only thing they do in their life.

A few weeks ago, one of these severely emotionally- and mentally-stunted people pushed her child into an empty elevator shaft: almost guaranteed she was scrolling or pushing butt-ins.

I wouldn't want their consequences.
>>
>>89220
sounds like you have issues with your parents
>>
>>89221
sounds like you don't know many American parents. And I agree with OP, its getting worse each generation. The more distractions parents are given, the less time they have to properly raise and tend to their children. Kids don't really have role models anymore, they just have blood relatives who give them money and food until they get booted out to college and get debt up to their neck.

Not to mention the education system in this country is fucked beyond repair and kids don't know what they want to do with their lives and their parents have no decent advice to give them because they all had jobs and benefits before the economy went down the toilet.

But yeah, OP must just have mommy issues. You're probably right, anon.
>>
"everywhere"? No. americans only.

firstworldproblems.jpg
>>
>>89220
>>89240
Dont make this a generational issue. Kids in the deppression didnt have shit for role models either and you know what they did? Grew up, found solace in individual power and acted. People feel as if they are dealt a shittier hand then last group in all generations(see: history). if parents are shitty it will bring children that reject that shittiness and work harder not to be like that.

You dont even know what you are yelling about.
Even holden caulfield grows up in the end and so will you guys.
>>
>>89221
he's right, you know. Apart from Santa Clause and the Tooth Fairy.
>>
Self control overrides distraction

Intelligence overrides incompetence
>>
suicide/depression can have so many reasons. dont blame it only on how people are being raised these days by there families. there are plenty of people which had a great childhood and are still depressed and think about suicide. but yes it is true that education all over the western world is getting worse. history is manipulated and changed, the media is manipulated, our "leaders" are being manipulated. I mean even our food is being manipulated lol . there is no real family anymore because it is being manipulated as well. we just dont realzie it. it is no wonder that people are killing themselves once you start looking at the world and see what it really is and dont believe in all the lies you are being told by the school, government and media. i mean you kinda just wanna throw up and kill yourself
>>
>>89220
>Presenting data in a non-percentage format
Kinda useless OP.
>>
>crack phone
lolled
>>
>>89293
This is true. However, I don't think the US population is rising this fast. Hence why I believe the people who published this data felt it was OK to present it in a non-percentage form. Do the math for yourself and you will see that this is not a rise in suicides that is proportional to the rise in population.
>>
>>89321
Turns out you were more right than you thought.
Doing the calcs for 12-14 (because I'm not that motivated), the percentage of adolescents who committed suicide (assuming adolescent means being aged 10-19) from 12-14 was: 0.000728%, 0.000922%, 0.001018%. Also interestingly the % of the population in those age brackets have also been decreasing by 0.05 (aged 10-14) and 0.1 (aged 15-19) percentage points a year.
>>
>>89220
I think there is a lot of reasons:
>Kids are constantly told that they have no future because older generations have ruined it.
>Most kids are sheltered and don't understand much outside of school life, so rather than school being an important part of their lives, it has become their life instead.
>Being anything less than a a bachelors is now considered pathetic despite trade jobs making actual money.
>Terrible schools are constantly making kid's lives more miserable than hell.
>Shitty parents is a big issue too, but also that parents don't have time for kids in modern america.
>Drugs, mostly legal are an epidemic.
>Actually being a kid is almost criminal in America; by which I mean, having fun. This usually ends up making kids wish they were grown up because they feel oppressed.

The list just goes on and on, but it fucking sucks being a kid. I hated my childhood and really never mentally developed or enjoyed my life until I was an adult.
>>
Holy fucking quality thread in this bitch
I love you /news/
>>
>>89240
>Kids don't really have role models anymore, they just have blood relatives who give them money and food until they get booted out to college and get debt up to their neck

This hit strangely close to home and I'm a Canadian.

Growing up my dad was emotionally distant. We weren't friends, he never taught me how to shave, never had 'the talk', never said anything about women or girls, didn't share any hobbies or pastimes and the occasionally forced family holidays were awful.
Parents told me if I don't go to university I'd be useless so I go at 18 not knowing what Im doing, get into major debt, try to drink away unresolved emotional problems, drop out, work shit factory jobs and eventually go back to school for more debt. He still borrows money off my credit cards and when I go home he complains I'm not open enough with him and don't try harder to be closer.
Honestly I wish I had the balls to kill myself so this ride would end, but I feel bad because my parents are already miserable as it is
>>
>>89464
At least you recognize your familial troubles are open-ended. You see that your father wants to connect with you deeply but has only fucked up since you reached adolescence(going off your examples--shaving, girls, intimacy, etc.); even he might feel lousy about his shortcomings just to be a average dad. The door is unlocked, you just have to push through it...
>>
I blame Jews/capitalism and liberal values.
>>
>>89464
Can relate with that man. Especially since i am not very active socially, i got little to nobody to speak about that kind of issue. I try to cover that up either through religion, forcing myself to talk to my parents about that issue (even it might hurt), and tries to connect with close friends. But even, its still tough. Good luck with your life anon, that's brave of you not to kill yourself after everything.
>>
>>89491
back to >>>/pol/ you go
>>
If these kids knew they were going to hell for killing themselves they probably would have given it some thought.
>>
>>89525
>m-m-muh left wing hugbox

you are pathetic you little alt-left virgin
>>
Byproduct of runaway capitalism, and capitalism in general. Depression, anxiety, etc. Tends to happen when you're enslaved, we're just wage slaves in these modern times. Illusion of freedom, but you're bound by debt and now to the alright dollar.
>>
>>89564
protip: /news/ isn't /pol/.
/news/ isn't for /pol/itics, it's for discussion of news, not your neo-nazism discussions.
>>
>>89463
You're such a faggot
>>
>>89564
>>89574
>buttmad shee/pol/
All the Trumpcucks are gettin salty because he is proving to be a self-interested liar who will deliver nothing (i.e. just like any other /pol/itician)
I kek'd XD
>>
Thread motto:

Aetas parentum pejor avis tulit
nos nequiores, mox daturos
progeniem vitiosiorem
- Horace, Odes (~2000 years ago)
>>
>>89604
>Damnosa quid non inminuit dies?
>>
>>89603
Why did you quote my post? I didn't mean anything remotely political.
>>89574
>>
>>89604
>>89605
doushite eigo wo hanashimasen?
hen na hito desu ne~~ \('_')/
>>
>>89220
Has nothing to do with parents. The sexual marketplace is getting harsher and at that time in their life, more and more people are left with impulses they can't direct anywhere.

Nobody saw Tinder coming and I'm not optimistic about what social media sensation will follow in its footsteps.
>>
>>89220

Main reason that people resolve to suicide is because they see things as they should be and not as they really are. They live in world of comfy lies. They are scared of pain, while they shouldn't. Through pain you can appreciate life in general. You need to be able to sit on a park bench and chill. See birds, people and all that surrounds you. Try to see how they live. World is not black and white, it's just painted in different shades of grey.

P.S. Political Correctness messed up younger generation psyche a bit. They all now become some sort of edge lords and 'swaggers'. You have to go back a bit US.
>>
I am amazed at how much entertainment people consume on a daily basis. Some people spend their off work days watching shows and playing video-games. I'm not some wise sage either, I was there as well. I spent most of my adolescence playing video-games and watching anime and I have paid the price. None of that fulfilled me, it was like a drug that no longer got me high.

I know it's already kind of cliche nowadays, but people need to disconnect, take deep breaths, talk to each other, look at other people's faces and drop the hypocrisy and allow themselves to feel hurt or offended without shouting "TRIGGERED". Just fucking live.
>>
>>89660
Are you me? This is exactly, almost word for word, what I wanted to say. Entertainment is a cancer that is slowly killing everyone. I'm afraid we won't collectively realize this until it's too late, however.
>>
>>89220

It's probably because the world population is increasing exponentially as well. More people = more troubled kids.
>>
>>89690
No. That was already discussed in the thread. That's not the reason. The population is actually falling in the demos studied. It could be because there is more COMPETITION, globally. So life gets harder for more people locally. I mean that's what's happening in the rust belt. People are dropping like flies because drugs are all they have to live for.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.