[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Kellogg to join others in removing advertising on Breitbart

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/business/2016/11/29/kellogg-join-others-removing-advertising-breitbart/94619068/

>Kellogg, the food manufacturer that owns Pringles and Pop-Tarts, confirmed Tuesday that it will discontinue advertising on Breitbart.com, the far-right news and commentary site that was formerly run by a top aide of President-elect Donald Trump, Steve Bannon.

>The site has come under fire on social media in recent days as consumers, angered at what they say is its racist, sexist and anti-Semitic content, publicly name its advertisers. Bannon worked as executive chairman of Breitbart News until he left to run Trump's campaign. He was scheduled to return to Breitbart, but earlier this month, Trump named Bannon his chief strategist, stirring more of the site's critics to call out its content and appeal to its advertisers.

>"We regularly work with our media buying partners to ensure our ads do not appear on sites that aren't aligned with our values as a company," Kellogg spokesperson Kris Charles in a statement. "This involves reviewing websites where ads could potentially be placed using filtering technology to assess site content. As you can imagine, there is a very large volume of websites, so occasionally something is inadvertently missed. In this case, we learned from consumers that ads were placed on Breitbart.com and decided to discontinue advertising there."

>Breitbart News couldn't be reached for comment. But in an interview with The Hollywood Reporter, Bannon has claimed that he was not a White nationalist, as many liberals assert. "I’m not a white nationalist, I’m a nationalist. I’m an economic nationalist,” Bannon said.

>Other companies have already said on Twitter that they will stop advertising on Breitbart. They include pharmaceutical manufacturer Novo Nordisk, eyeglasses maker Warby Parker and the San Diego Zoo.
>>
>>88652
The tolerant left harassing cereal companies not to advertise their product to people they don't like.
>>
>>88652
>never even saw one of their ads
oh well.
>>
>>88695
Who has to harrass? They're more than willing.

They're doing it because Breitbart is worse than Gawker.
>>
>>88718
>They're doing it because Breitbart is worse than Gawker.
People actually believe this.
>>
>>88746
They believe it because it happens to be true.
>>
>>88749
>They believe it because it happens to be true.
Which is why Gawker is going bankrupt via civil settlement and Breitbart is... not.

Have fun your fantasy world there friend.
>>
>>88759
http://fortune.com/2016/11/29/kellogg-breitbart-trump/

>Other brands have also pulled ads on Breitbart, including Allstate, Nest, EarthLink, Warby Parker and SoFi, according to Digiday. Last week, AppNexus deactivated Breitbart News after an audit of the site’s content determined that it violates the advertising network ban on hate speech.

>Some of Breitbart’s most controversial stories have had referred to “Muslim invaders”, and a “Renegade Jew” and said “Women Should Log Off” the internet if they face online harassment. Breitbart Chief Executive Officer Larry Solov told Reuters last week the company “always and continues to condemn racism and bigotry in any form.”
>>
>>88695
>left
>tolerant
in what reality
>>
>>88775
In this reality. Maybe you'd better check which side has the most elderly christian boomers who want to take away people's rights.
>>
>>88775
its called sarcasm.
>>
>>88652
Does advertising on a site a bunch of twats on twitter take offence to ACTUALLY effect the company? They don't support Breitbart, they PAY for space to SELL their shit. A boycott for someone or some product is announced literally every other day because, surprise surprise, everyone is connected these days and getting 2000 bored people to click "yes" on Fbook or Twitter is completely trivial compared to getting that same number of physical signatures back in the day.
>>
>>88810
Protip: it isn't just SJWs on twitter.

Breitbart isn't some sort of paragon of journalism worthy of defending; it's the modern equivalent of The New York Herald announcing that the Spanish blew up the U.S.S. Maine.
>>
>>88812
I'm not defending Breitbart, I'm talking about the general reaction of boycotting a company which has an advertisement deal (which is NOT the same as a donation) with something people disagree with.
If Kellogg's cereal suddenly started to contain Asbestos, fuck yeah that's worthy of a boycott, do you know what I mean?
>>
>>88762
earthlink is still around. anyway this guy is samefaggin too hard. fuck kellogs I'll get my diabetes somewhere else from now on.
>>
>>88828
fair point
>>
This exact thing has happened before lots of times. It isn't just a case of the alt-left trying to silence its opposition; companies like Kellogg just don't like controversy and try not to associate themselves with controversy - and breitbart is and has always been controversial.
>>
>>88839
>the alt-left
What kind of /pol/ meme is this?
>>
>>88840
it's not a pol meme, they've already begun to use it themselves
>>
>>88840
/pol/lack her. Sorry to spoonfeed on a Kelloggs thread.
/pol/'s memes are ctrl-left and shift-libertarians.
>>
>>88846
>it's not a pol meme,
The term was apparently coined by Sean Hannity
>they've already begun to use it themselves
Who is "they"?
>>
Breitbart does not have the kind of audience that can pull off a boycott that would even dent Kelloggs stock price. If the food-stamp left countered with a buycott, Kelloggs might even come out a winner on the social media front for pulling out of that bad old Breitbart.

cerealguy.jpg
>>
I ad block all websites this does not affect me.
Including this one.
>>
>>88856
This. I haven't seen an ad on websites in years.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.