[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

New discoveries unearthed at Terracotta Warriors site in China

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

File: 135863600_14803028793841n[1].jpg (55KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
135863600_14803028793841n[1].jpg
55KB, 600x450px
http://news.xinhuanet.com/english/china/2016-11/28/c_135863600.htm

>Stone helmets, armor and the remains of thousands of animals and relics related to animals are among the latest archaeological finds at Emperor Qinshihuang's mausoleum in Shaanxi province, according to CCTV.com.

>The items were found in excavations at the celebrated site, which is home to China's iconic Terracotta Warriors.

>More than 400 pits, stone helmets and armor discovered

>Zhou Tie, the head engineer of the Emperor Qinshihuang's Mausoleum Site Museum, said that during a recent excavation, the archaeological team learned the general structure of the mausoleum and a large number of pits were discovered. More than 400 pits were found in the mausoleum and dozens of small pits and tombs were found around the site.

>A large number of stone helmets and armor were found surrounding the mausoleum. Experts believe these were not used in actual war, but their real function still needs to be researched.
>>
>>88362
>Builds stone army
>Forgets to animate them
>Modernites think it's art
fucking humans
>>
>>88362
>new discoveries
Sinologist here that shit is old as fuck. They even deducted a peasant revolt or raid on the tomb from the state of the stone armors and the burial sites that show the structures around them were at some point torched and many of some of the sets damaged by the collapsing buildings.
The armors are believed to be an inclusion of the fallen whos bodies were beyond recognition as the rest got a lifesize statue made of them. Look close and you will see they are all unique and the weapons they carried were the actual arms used in battle.
>>
>>88930
>many of some
many of the few found is what i meant to write
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.