[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Internet Outraged At Japanese Skating Rink For Freezing Fish

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 1

http://edition.cnn.com/2016/11/28/asia/japan-frozen-fish-rink-trnd/index.html?sr=twcnni112816japan-frozen-fish-rink-trnd0615AMStoryLink&linkId=31632992

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/internet-outraged-japanese-skating-rink-165000980.html

>Space World, an amusement park in Kitakyushu, Japan went viral over the weekend due to a so-called “Ice Aquarium” attraction in which the park froze thousands of fish — approximately 5,000 sprats, mackerel and other varieties, to be exact — into the ice for visitors to skate across. As you can see in the above video, the fish were frozen into shapes such as an arrow, and in one part of the ice, to spell out the word “hello.”

>To the surprise of absolutely no one, however, the reason for the attraction going viral was due to massive internet outrage, as Space World was forced to close the skating rink Sunday after its Facebook page became flooded with complaints. Critics called the Ice Aquarium “insane and cruel and disrespectful to nature,” among other things. Other joked by captioning photos of the attraction with things like, “I am d… d… drowning, s … s… suffocating.”

>The park later released a statement to the Japan Times, saying that they apologized to anyone who felt uncomfortable over the event, and that “as a result, we have stopped the event from today.”

>A spokesperson told the Asahi Shimbun that the park was considering holding a memorial service for the fish next year, adding that the fish were already dead when they were bought from a local wholesaler.
>So the internet can relax in that the fish were not in fact killed by being frozen to death, but in some other unknown way ostensibly less cruel than freezing. The park is now planning to use the fish as fertilizer, but at the very least it seems like an egregious waste of food.
>>
i have frozen fish in my freezer
>>
>>88373
>>88373
You fucking monster
>>
>>88354
That didn't turn out as beautiful as expected. The ice is too opaque. And what ever happened to artistic expression? I thought everyone was up everyone's britches to defend even the shittiest piece of shit.
>>
>>88354
>at the very least it seems like an egregious waste of food
They can't do anything right

Also, wouldn't it be gross to be skating and slice open fish? They're obviously sticking above the ice meaning the blades would cut open and spread around fish parts.
>>
>>88398

Yeah that seems to be a bit of a hazard, especially if a skate digs downward into the fish and gets stuck.
>>
This must be fake, ice would be opaque and people surely aren't outraged by this?
>>
https://www.theguardian.com/world/video/2016/nov/28/dead-fish-frozen-into-skating-rink-causes-uproar-in-japan-video

Video here, it looks shit
>>
>>88354
I cannot get over how stupid of an idea this is. Someone seriously thought that displaying dead animals in the shape of words was a great idea and something that looked good.
>>
>>88373
I would expect nothing less from a Nazi.
>>
That looks pretty mediocre, is a large waste of food, and is probably unsafe to actually skate on. That's about as far as the "outrage" should go; holding a memorial service for the fish is fucking ridiculous.
>>
>>88398
but their skating blades were folded ten thousand times. it should slice fish cleanly to be served later a sushi and sashimi
>>
F
>>
>>88450

That's it. I'm sick of all this "Masterwork Ice Skates" bullshit that's going on in the d20 system right now. Japanese ice skates deserve much better than that. Much, much better than that.
I should know what I'm talking about. I myself commissioned a genuine pair of skates in Japan for 2,400,000 Yen (that's about $20,000) and have been practicing with them for almost 2 years now. I can even cut slabs of solid ice with my skates.
Japanese smiths spend years working on a single skate blade and fold it up to a million times to produce the finest blades known to mankind.
Japanese skates are thrice as sharp as European skates and thrice as hard for that matter too. Anything a European can skate through, Japanese can skate through better. I'm pretty sure a Japanese skate could easily bisect a fish wearing full plate with a simple vertical slash.
Ever wonder why European skaters never win against Japanese skaters? That's right, they were too scared to fight the disciplined skate team and their skates of destruction. Even in World War II, American soldiers targeted the men with the ice skates first because their killing power was feared and respected.
So what am I saying? Japanese ice skates are simply the best skates that the world has ever seen, and thus, require better stats in the d20 system. Here is the stat block I propose for Japanese skates:
(Feet Slot Wondrous Item)
2d10 Damage
17-20 x4 Crit
+5 to hit and damage
Counts as Masterwork
Now that seems a lot more representative of the cutting power of Japanese skates in real life, don't you think?
tl;dr = Japanese skates need to do more damage in d20, see my new stat block.
>>
>>88354

I hate the internet so much. There is literally nothing wrong with what this rink did, pretty creative imo.
>>
>>88586
>Buy fish at market
>Freeze fish, place frozen fish in ice
>Open exhibition, people are happy
>More visitors, including childrens
>They like seeing frozen fish in ice

>Post pictures on the internet
>Some vegans, half of them who can't comprehend the circle of life, gets pissy
>"chinks have no soul" is the main argument of these SJWs
>Possibly due to a translation error, they close everything and hold a religious funeral

Do Japan have many vegan or is it a white people thing?
>>
The INTERNET is outraged oh nooooo.
>>
>>88354
What a bunch of hypocritical cry babies, no one get's outraged by fish markets or people eating fish.
If you think it's bad to kill fish then stop eating them.
If you eat meat you don't have the right to complain about this kind of shit.
>>
>>88687
There's not as many vegans and vegetarians in Japan and most of nips are quite ignorant about it.
>>
>>88779
I think the idea is that it's OK to like the live animal in it's good looking natural habitat (like cows during a photo shooting for a brand of industrial milk) and to enjoy the meat/fish that comes in a neat plastic packaging in your supermarket, but they don't want to be remembered that it's the same thing, nor that animals can die.
Dead animals remembers them of their own mortality.
Bambi is still alive in my heart, even though I eat deer every Christmas season.
>>
>>88779
Lets not forget killing the fucking whales
>mfw calling it science
>>
>>88779
There's a difference between 'killing a life for food' and 'killing a life for amusement'.
>>
>>89534
Not if you're a ball of fat like most americans.
>>
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/O3rl6"><a href="//imgur.com/O3rl6"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
>>
>>88779
You don't kill something for entertainment. You kill to eat, and to recycle its parts for materials.
>>
>>88395
What's considered artistic expression is, in this comparison, often without abjectly commercial intent. The reasons behind the rink being created differ greatly from a display being created; here the fish were used to attract and profit which no one can deny. An art exhibit may profit but it's all about intent.

What that societal distinction means/ "art is art" is a whole other topic that I'm not gonna broach.
>>
>>89600
I don't see anything wrong with killing for entertainment as long as there is no suffering or adverse consequences (like an endangered species, balance, &c). Is there a particular reason why you shouldn't do it?
>>
>>88354
>Fucking white people feigning outrage
Every time
>>
>>88354
Please Japan don't fucking give in to these fucking pussies. I fear japan will be forced to make lot's of changes by the time the olympics come. First CP, this fish thing and now they got niggers in caves causing chaos.
>>
Imagine when they go out of business and have to defrost it. Imagine the smell.
>>
>>89602
Morals 'n shit.
>>
>>89602
it could create a market for killing for fun.
which could lead to people killing when it does produce some adverse consequence.
>>
>>89638
It'd smell like it did before being frozen, so like at the fish market where they bought the fishes.
>>89600
They were killed for food, and ended up being used as material.
>>
>>88354
Disgusting.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.