[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Harlem Middle School teacher calling kids broke niggers

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: Harlem_Park_elementary.jpg (36KB, 460x268px) Image search: [Google]
Harlem_Park_elementary.jpg
36KB, 460x268px
peep the google comments on this, it's pretty good
https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=harlem+park+middle+school
>>
>>87169
https://www.romper.com/p/teacher-reportedly-calls-student-n-word-its-so-not-ok-22980
Post the actual site next time
>>
>>87169
As an ex-teacher, I empathize with the lady, fucking teenagers don't want to learn shit and by the time they do, it's too late. We need harsher schools that prepare students with useful skills for the real world.
>>
how is this news
>>
>>87286
Do you mean trade schools? Or actually picking up topics many think should be left to the parents?

And I think the video says it all. They were definitely being obnoxious and she did seem to care but didn't know how to handle them.

>that 15 second 'trigger warning' on the cnn clip
>>
>>87292
If I could redo the entire school system, I'd probably put a bigger emphasis on trade schools. It's a fact that the majority of the population is needed to work in less illustrious jobs, so ditching secondary school in favor of trade schooling would help better train students for a useful place in society.

I know most parents would be vehemently opposed to seeing their kid toss out a generalized education to be trained specifically for a line of work they'd be in after graduation, but I'd rather these students garner a useful set of trade skills for something they'll inevitably wind up in anyway vs attempting to prepare for college level courses when it's clear they have no interest in going. Perhaps with the rise of trade schools you'll see some easier jobs that have started to require college degrees open up again to the common man as well.

I just think it's a waste of resources to try and force schooling on students who aren't interested. Yes, they're teenagers and don't care to learn right this minute, but I'm not a babysitter either, and their inclusion disrupts education for students who actually do want to learn something.
>>
>>87294

I think trade schools are a useful thing, but I think they should be post-secondary. I think most kids don't really know what they want to do until late in high school (though some will figure it out way earlier or later obviously). By replacing secondary education with trade schools, you could be locking kids into certain vocations too early, and end up with people either unhappy with their current vocation or having to spend money retraining them.

We're better off making trade schools an equal choice to college (in terms of perception) than trying to slot kids into their future jobs too early.
>>
>>87286
Fuck off fascist
>>
>>87301
Hmm... your response was well thought out and provocative. I appreciate that you took your time to speak you mind, or what little of it you have, and I hope you have a good day sir.

>>87294
If the majority of the populous were to work the lesser jobs, there wouldn't be such a demand for immigrant or migrant workers. It also ties up the more educated populous in remedial work. While I don't disagree that many people don't actually use most of what they learn in gen-ed, I think it may be to the detriment of our economy to put a bigger emphasis on trade schools.
>>
>>87309
It's not just trade schools but the trade industry itself. Allow me to clarify: during the late 90's early 2000's you'd be hard pressed to find any offering an apprenticeship in trade. Why? Master tradesmen were afraid to train up future competition? The results? Lack of qualified personnel nationwide. Tradesmen of course, blame the lure of high-paying white collar jobs.
>>
>>87299
>you could be locking kids into certain vocations too early, and end up with people either unhappy with their current vocation or having to spend money retraining them.
This is a valid point, but what we have now is locking kids into NO vocation, and they're spending a heck of a lot of money to be there. I'd rather have a population of unhappy people who can do something than unhappy people who can't.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.