[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

White Nationalists Celebrate ‘an Awakening’ After Donald

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 92
Thread images: 1

File: 20altright-master768[1].jpg (56KB, 768x512px) Image search: [Google]
20altright-master768[1].jpg
56KB, 768x512px
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/20/us/politics/white-nationalists-celebrate-an-awakening-after-donald-trumps-victory.html

>For years, they have lurked in the web’s dark corners, masking themselves with cartoon images and writing screeds about the demise of white culture under ominous pseudonyms. But on Saturday, in the wake of Donald J. Trump’s surprising election victory, hundreds of his extremist supporters converged on the capital to herald a moment of political ascendance that many had thought to be far away.

>In the bowels of the Ronald Reagan Building and International Trade Center, three blocks from the White House, members of the so-called alt-right movement gathered for what they had supposed would be an autopsy to plot their grim future under a Clinton administration. Instead, they celebrated the unexpected march of their white nationalist ideas toward the mainstream, portraying Mr. Trump’s win as validation that the tide had turned in their fight to preserve white culture.

>“It’s been an awakening,” Richard B. Spencer, who is credited with coining the term alt-right, said at the gathering on Saturday. “This is what a successful movement looks like.”

>The movement has been critical of politicians of all stripes for promoting diversity, immigration and perceived political correctness. Its critics call it a rebranded version of the Ku Klux Klan, promoting anti-Semitism, violence and suppression of minorities.

>Intellectual leaders of the movement argue that they are merely trying to realize their desire for a white “ethno-state” where they can be left alone. Mr. Trump, with his divisive language about immigrants and Muslims, has given them hope that these dreams can come true.

>“I never thought we would get to this point, any point close to mainstream acceptance or political influence,” said Matt Forney, 28, of Chicago. “The culture is moving more in my direction.”

>>
>Emboldened by Mr. Trump’s takeover of the Republican Party, Mr. Forney said he expected people openly associated with the white nationalist movement to run as candidates in the 2018 midterm elections. The rise of populism and the decline of political correctness, he said, present a rare opportunity.

>Robert Taylor, 29, described the conference as a “victory party.” Mr. Taylor was a committed libertarian, he said, working for Ron Paul’s presidential campaigns and even moving to New Hampshire for a project organized by the like-minded. If Hillary Clinton had won the election, he said, he would have advocated secession.

>“I thought I had all the right answers and had read all the right books,” he said. “I heard about the alt-right movement, and it just lit a fire in me.”

>Mr. Taylor said that with Mr. Trump, “we have breathing room; we have a little time.”

>Mr. Trump has shrugged off any suggestions that he has connections to the alt-right. But his hard-line views on immigration and his “America First” foreign policy have captivated members of the movement. His appointment as chief strategist of Stephen K. Bannon, who has called Breitbart News, the website he long ran, a platform for the alt-right, has reinforced the notion that the incoming president is on their side.

>The white nationalist embrace of Mr. Trump was on display Saturday at the gathering, which was the annual conference of a group called the National Policy Institute. Guests nibbled on chicken piccata while discussing ways to reorient America’s demographics. Many of the attendees, who were mostly white men, wore red “Make America Great Again” hats. T-shirts emblazoned with Mr. Trump’s face sold quickly.

>While the enthusiasm inside the conference was evident, the resistance to the alt-right remains powerful. A recent surge in hate crimes and reports of verbal and physical assaults on minorities are putting new pressure on groups that promote racism.
>>
>Many sites will not host their events, and some of their members have had their social media accounts suspended in response to vicious trolling of Jewish journalists and critics of Mr. Trump. A large group of protesters marched around the Ronald Reagan Building, which, as a federal property, could not decline to host the conference.

>“These people have their right to freedom of speech, but the values they represent don’t represent America,” said Jon Pattee, 48. “I characterize them as the shirt-and-tie arm of the white supremacist-nationalist movement.”

>Republicans who are more mainstream are also unlikely to accept the movement’s more provocative ideas.

>“They have to grow up and start shedding some of their more controversial elements,” said Erick Erickson, a conservative blogger and commentator who has been critical of Mr. Trump. “I don’t think they will ever be accepted wholeheartedly in the Republican Party.”

>Nonetheless, alt-right leaders said they planned to use their newfound influence to pressure Mr. Trump to take more “heretical” policy positions, such as a moratorium on net immigration for the next 50 years. White Europeans, Mr. Spencer said, would be given preference.

>“In the long run, people like Bannon and Trump will be open to the clarity of our ideas,” said Jared Taylor, the founder of the white nationalist publication American Renaissance.

>Like Mr. Trump, Mr. Spencer, who has become the face of the alt-right, derided NATO as “clumsy and ineffective.” He called for friendlier relations with the Russian president, Vladimir V. Putin, and for the deportation of undocumented immigrants, drawing chants of “build that wall.”
>>
>“I think moving forward the alt-right as an intellectual vanguard can complete Trump,” Mr. Spencer said. “We can be the ones who are out front, who are thinking about things that he hasn’t grasped yet.”

>Although alt-right leaders say they want to become more politically active, it remains unclear how they will react to being more closely aligned to the establishment or what they will do if Mr. Trump starts to moderate his views. His outreach to African-Americans during the final months of the campaign angered some of his white nationalist followers, raising concerns among them that Mr. Trump might not be so different after all.

>“It’s a fleeting moment of optimism,” said Al Stankard, 29, of Baltimore, who goes by the pseudonym Haarlen Venison online and was handing out his novel, “Death to the World.”

>Mr. Stankard said he thought it was unlikely that Mr. Trump would be able to do things like end affirmative action, even though he believes that the president-elect sympathizes with the plight of “white racists.” He predicted that Mr. Trump might disappoint white nationalists in the same way that President Obama disappointed some of his supporters by failing to bring postracial unity to the nation.

>“These are semi-delusional fantasies,” Mr. Stankard said.
>>
>>86931
>In the bowels of the Ronald Reagan Building and International Trade Center, three blocks from the White House, members of the so-called
Why not just cut the bullshit and say "MEANWHILE, AT THE LEGION OF DOOM". It'd be less obvious that they're trying to demonize them.
>>
>>86943
>trying to demonize
>trying
When a bunch of white nationalists who brag about calling themselves "alt-right" meet in a hotel basement 3 blocks from the white house, the media only has to report on what actually happened because the "demonizing" writes itself.
>>
>>86943

>MEANWHILE, AT THE LEGION OF DOOM

Help, I'm dying of laughter.
>>
>>86943
I agree, everyone deserves the same fair critical review. I stopped reading at the words bowel and glanced over the rest. Like come on they're already white nationalists, they don't have to over do it - "...in the BOWELS.." lmao you see thats trying too hard, it sticks out

absolutely should of made it legion of doom, at least i would of laughed , haha, thats good
>>
>>86981
I honestly think by 'bowels' they meant the most inner-most conference-room the hotel had. It isn't like the Hotel staff wanted it to be widely known there was a white nationalist conference at that location. The last thing corporate management would want is to have protesters show up and cause a scene.
>>
>>86943

lol yeah, what's the big deal, right guys?

They just wanna ethnically cleanse the United States. What's the big fucking deal? Thinking that certain races should be second class citizens? All this alarmist reporting, over nothing.
>>
>>86944
and people wonder and will get tickled and giggly when even most on retarded /pol/ deny being labled from outside as that term but will here on out keep calling them it. basicly if you dont hate whites even if your white you will be demonized.
>>
>>86982
bowels has negative connotations while it would have the better meaning if they instead said recesses but wanted to impress on the reader 'hey look, look! isn't this just JUICY! *smacks lips* *smacks lips* these guys are admitting they are the BAD GUYS! *falls over drooling* "
>>
>>87000
Poor bait, /pol/, try harder.
>>
>>86931
many niggers are celebrating TRUMP too believe it or not.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJ-3aheSK5E
>>
>>87000
>Asian people are so ignored even racists forget to include us
>>
>>86931

Straight up written to imply they are demons, low lives and scum. It surprises me that people really do not understand that every race is allowed to be proud of itself, it's only when white people say it somehow they mysteriously become horrible people. I can literally put a Puerto Rican flag on my car and ride around with boricua pride plastered on my windows and car doors and nobody says shit. Someone put's white pride and that dude is racist. Gotta learn to critically think more people.

Now when they start going into the whole kick them all out, get rid of them shlick, then that's not pride anymore but something else.
>>
>>87000
You're trying way too hard there, but still I must check'em.
>>
>>87028
Its because youre running the rest of the world. The goyim will never understand
>>
Useful idiots for the establishment.

If you actually look at Trump's policies, it focuses on getting people back to work, protecting good wages for US citizens, and providing a better environment for small businesses. Obviously, all the shills and lobbyists on both "sides" of the establishment hate this, so smear Trump with muh racist/sexist.

While this is meant to destroy any support in minority communities and browbeat white Americans that support him, it provides the bonus of drawing unwanted support to Trump from racists. And because of this, the media can then turn and say, "See? We were right all along: look at all these racists coming out of the wood works to support Trump."
>>
>>87028
Not really. Bannon has a huge issue with so many Asians being in the tech industry. He said that there was a problem with all the Asians in the tech industry and that "a country is more than an economy [,it's] a civic society.”

So no, Asians aren't ignored, they're just lower on the priority list right now.
>>
>>87094
As an Asian dude in the tech industry, I can say there are white people in here, damn good people too. There should be more, but that is a cultural problem the United States has with math, engineering and the hard sciences and education in general. When my firm opened in the US branch we had a hell of time hiring American electrical engineers. Don't get me wrong, the US has good techs, but not enough. This shortage is an issue with the country not too many slants in the tech field.
>>
>>87102
Bannon was talking about deporting your ass to fix this imbalance it.
>>
>>87105
But you'd have less people to meet the demand, sending me back does nothing, the US will still be short qualified personnel
>>
>>87106
Bannon's a fairly intelligent guy until his ideology starts getting in the way of things.
>>
>>86931
Trump is truly /ourguy/
>>
>>87102
from what i know, the shortage is because too many want people with experience, and too few willing to train those that dont have it.
>>
>>87118
Yes this is a problem worldwide it is not only a US problem. This also applies to people in trades, they fucked over the next gen of tradesmen in the US by refusing to apprentice people.
>>
>>87108
Look at what you wrote. Read it. Really read it.
>>
>>87132
I think he's saying that Bannon's ideals are stupid. Of course, he won't be saying much when the Night of the Long Knives comes for him
>>
>>86931
Leftist/Marxist/Communist propaganda labeling anyone not left a White Supremacist. Fuck them.
>>
>>87118
From what I know, that's not a big problem with engineers/techs, only with like business school graduates or graphic designers, who everyone knows are mostly bullshit
>>
>>87000
More people voted for Clinton than any white male who has ever run for president, including Trump.

If you really think your authoritarian bullshit has some sort of mandate, you're wrong. Actual liberals and conservatives will unite against you, especially now that you've made the tactical blunder of showing your true colors in public.

The fact that you racists are so easily seduced by demagogues because they promise to do bad things to your ridiculous scapegoats, that you're willing to give up your own rights and freedoms, proves that you are the dumbest motherfuckers on the face of the earth.
>>
>>87160
>Fuck them
It's like you don't know what extremism is.
>>
>>87185
Extremism is not inherently wrong. Sometimes action or violence is needed to fix society.
>>
/pol/ here.

we dindu nuffin.
we good boys getting our lives back on track wit dem keks.
>>
>>86944
A couple dozen nobodies meeting up in the basement of a public library is about as news worthy as which celebrity is being masturbated to the most this hour.

Totally irrelevant
>>
So what's La Raza up to these days? Mass suicide?
>>
>>87196
Nice damage control, /pol/
>nothing to see here
>muh boogeyman
>pay no attention to the men behind the curtain
>>
>>87231
>alt-right is a fringe group of loser outcasts unrepresentative of society
>alt-right is an influential organization secretly behind the election results.
You can only pick one, my friend. Either they have power or they don't.
>>
>>87249
>You can only pick one
I didn't pick anything at all. You're glossing over the fact that the white nationalist leader guy is running around telling the press he "coined the term" alt-right. Do you personally think neo-nazis are anything but a fringe minority in society? I sure don't.
>>
>>87251
Are you unaware of the connotations of "man behind the curtain"? The connotation is that the man behind the curtain is secretly in charge. So you certainly did pick one. You either picked the former with this post or the latter with "man behind the curtain".
>>
deal with it
>>
>WHITE NATIONALISTS
WHITE NATIONALISTS
>WHITE NATIONALISTS
WHITE NATIONALISTS

Liberals are pathetic. The pushing of this racism BS is ridiculous. Caring about whites AS WELL AS everyone else isn't racism. Nationalism isn't wrong. You're all faggots who want to hug those who would kill you in an instant.

Hugging time is over. We're going to be great again.
>>
>>87231
>ANOTHER liberal brings up the 'boogeyman' again
Why are you always so scared? Any chance of there actually being a 'boogeyman' was deflected when Clinton lost. You can sleep better now knowing that Trump is steering this ship.
>>
>>87258
What does this meeting have to do with liberals? Did you even read the article?

>>87256
lol were you at the meeting?
>The pushing of this racism BS is ridiculous
Tell it to Richard B. Spencer
>>
>>86983
Operation Wetback 2.0 coming soon.
>>
>>87164
>conservatives will unite with liberals

Haha sure thing, after a decade of insults in the media, portrayal as stupid white males and a complete disregard for conservative politics you sincerely think conservatives would side with liberals over the alt-right. You're delusional m8. The reason the alt-right is even a force is partly the disaffection of conservatives tried of their party conceding ground to you liberals, hence the term cuckservative. Trying to reach middle ground has allowed the treacherous liberals to drive this nation left. This shit ends now.
>>
>>87303
>Trying to reach middle ground
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-A09a_gHJc

>treacherous liberals to drive this nation left
The nation has always been a center right nation (more R's in local/federal government then D's). Yeah, you have those wacky libtard havens like San Fran, but for most of the country, they're still on the right. It's not like it really matters anyway as both parties are corporatist with either a liberal or conservative bent.

Congressional voting support vs likelihood: http://i.imgur.com/ftXfD41.png

>You're delusional m8
Pretty sure the establishment as a whole dislike Trump and Bannon. They'll use Trump if they can, but as soon as he starts pushing for day of the rope shit, they'll shut him up. As an aside, I don't really think Trump is super racist, and we've had way more openly racist presidents in the past anyways.

>The reason the alt-right is even a force
You're apart of the Trump movement, but I doubt the average Trump supporter really cares about your ideology. Many of them voted for Obummer ten years ago after all. They're angry, but not because of identity politics or America's loss of purity, but because they're unemployed or underemployed and the American government isn't listening to them. Then liberals have the gall to call them privileged. sexist or racist bigots whenever they start to raise their concerns. They don't want illegals coming over because they hate Mexicans or whatever; they're more afraid that they'll drive down wages or take their jobs. You guys may be able to co-opt them and turn them alt-right, especially if you effectively turn their anger towards minorities, but I doubt it.

>This shit ends now.
I'm pretty sure most of you wouldn't even participate in a grassroots racial/political cleansing. Too much work. When you start dragging people out of their homes and hacking them up, pulling them apart with trucks, or whatever edgy shit you can think of, then I'll start taking you guys' claims seriously.
>>
These poor alt right people think theyre movement is gaining traction when in fact its /pol/ memes giving them a free ride. /pol/ memes cant maintain popularity into an 8 year Republican administration no matter what happens, so then it'll be sink or swim for alt right ideas to stand on their own. However, this will give them the chance to shrug off the bigot associations and actually get shit done, if they play their cards right. Long as family court becomes less of a fuckin farce then im happy
>>
>>87306
Full Quote:
>Over the past week, some have said it was indelicate of me to suggest that our top political priority over the next two years should be to deny President Obama a second term in office. But the fact is, if our primary legislative goals are to repeal and replace the health spending bill; to end the bailouts; cut spending; and shrink the size and scope of government, the only way to do all these things is to put someone in the White House who won’t veto any of these things. We can hope the President will start listening to the electorate after Tuesday’s election. But we can’t plan on it.
>>
>>87307
Disbelieve in memetic magic and the almighty Kek to your own peril.
>>
related:
http://www.cnn.com/2016/11/21/politics/alt-right-gathering-donald-trump/

>Alt-right leader: 'Hail Trump! Hail our people! Hail victory!
>>
>>86943
>dude wtf why are you trying to make those people doing nazi salutes look bad you're so mean
>>
>>87080
>protecting good wages for US citizens
By scrapping Obama's expansion of overtime pay?

>shills and lobbyists
like the ones he's putting on his cabinet?
>>
>>87312
>Alt-right leader
aka, some stupid attention whore.
>>
>>87327
He's the guy who coined the term alt-right.
>>
>>87310
>>>/b/
>>
www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/38069469
>>
>>87330
>He's the guy who coined the term alt-right.
aka, some stupid attention whore
>>
>>87342
If that guy counts as an attention whore then what does that make people like Milo?
>>
>>87349
Milo openly claims he is an attention whore
>>
>>87303
My point is: the alt right might not really be a force in American politics. Most people who voted Trump did so because of their jobs or their healthcare premiums, and are only casually racist at best. A shitload of them voted for Obama and a shitload of them would have voted for Bernie over Trump.

Alt-right is getting major exposure right now, but it's not because of any coherent ideology Trump is portraying through his campaign, or through any sense of unity from him winning the presidency, or through any sense of continuity with his post-election appointments and actions.
>>
>>87360
Hannity is now calling democrats "the alt left" as a reactionary response to the alt right moniker he says is made up by the media.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2016/11/18/hannity_monologue_obama_the_alt-radical_left_and_donald_trump.html
>>
>>87361
>Democrats and Obama are practically Republicans-lite
>People still pretend they're hardcore commie radicals
>>
these animals need to be destroyed
>>
>>87231
The election has been going on for almost 2 years and this guy's name came up all of 0 times. Why, you ask? Because he's a nobody, and is only in the news right now because the news desperately needs leverage over Trump, or something.
>>
>>87330
So?
>>
>>87368
So that means that when people call themselves alt-right, they're identifying with this guy whether they know who he is or not.
>>
>>87369
I doubt anyone gives 2 shits since nobody has ever heard of this guy
>>
>>87371
>Richard B. Spencer
http://dailycaller.com/2016/11/22/national-politico-editor-publishes-home-addresses-of-alt-right-icon-richard-spencer-advocates-for-baseball-bats/
>>
>>87372
Wow anon, ya got me, this irrelevant nobody that noone's ever heard of that was also absent from the entire political conversation over the last several years is now well known because he got blown up in the media for some reason over the last several days.
>>
>>87202
Suicide is an white and asian thing.
>>
Stephen Bannon is literal white trash. Someone passing strong political opinions yet contributed nothing to cultural or technological advancement, the SJW of horseshoe theory. I hope trump knows what hes doing and will put someone else in 9 months.
>>
>>87373
Spencer was known before this, but nice try at damage control, /pol/.
https://lmgtfy.com/?q=richard+b+spencer
>>
>>87406
hes just some nobody the media props up so they can attack people by claiming he represents them.
>>
>>87423
>by claiming he represents them
He is the one claiming he coined the term, Anon. Blame him, not the messengers..
>>
Fuck white ppl. u deserve to get killed. I will breed yo women out, but i hope u get yo asses capped, mofos pieces of shit
>>
>>86931
Richard Spencer is a gay pedophile working for the CIA to discredit immigration control advocates
>>
>>86982
I think by "bowels" the writer meant the deepest darkest corner of the butt
>>
>>87463
according to whom? got a source?
>>
what a great time to be in, reliving old histories.. best time ever...
>>
>>87462

lol you brown people weak as fuck. Always have to gang up with 10 other weak ass niggers to say something like that to a white man's face in real life.
>>
>>86983
Well the US was over 80% white just 50 years ago. The people didn't decide to be replaced, the government started letting in a ton of minorities and there are drawbacks to this. Before Trump there was really no major opposition to what can only be describe as an invasion.
>>
This thread is utter shit.
Why worry bout neo-nazis who were fooled by their own self-absorbed fuehrer?
They'll fade back into the basements they crawled out of once they realize it's business as usual in Washington.
>>
Segregating white people / men in the name of progress because they are slave owners backfired. Gee why wouldn't someone want to bend a knee and be called foreigner in their own country? It's truly a mystery.
>>
>>87495
Basically this. Liberals are quite literally ethnically cleansing america of whites.
>>
>>87746
>Liberals are quite literally ethnically cleansing america of whites.
Where do you stormtards hear this stuff from?
>>
>>87186
Guess that's what isis are doing now right

>extremists mentality
>>
It doesn't matter if he coined the term or not when the term is being blanket applied to groups against their will that have nothing to do with him or his beliefs. Neo-Nazis and white supremacists do exists as do their exact opposite, neither of these are new things. With Trump's victory the phrase "alt-right" has become another weaponized word and it should be easy to see this even if you don't support Trump. It's our job here at /news/ not to just look directly at the news stories we are presented but to have discussion about them and with this one being so right-left charged any forms of "go back to /pol/" should be used ONLY on those who are so obviously /pol/ that they cannot even add to the discussion.

This particular piece, as some anons have already said, is loaded with extra "see these as the bad guys" words even though the vast majority of people are already going to do just that. To add more, it's connecting the term "alt-right" to be made by this group but a simple google search will show it was around for awhile before his rise to popularity. Another thing worth mentioning is news on things like this that have been going on for a long time is that they are popularity pieces, with the current political situation we're going to see a huge rise in reporting on these subjects even when they have no direct relation to Trump (These ones were talking about him, so they do).

The most annoying wording in it for me, that points to it having an agenda however is "Republicans who are more mainstream are also unlikely to accept the movement’s more provocative ideas." which ties all republicans/trump voters as having at least some common ground with one of the most currently despised groups in the United States. As many anons on both sides of this political race have said time and time again, not everyone who voted for Trump was doing so out of views on race.
>>
>>88193
They openly celebrate white people going extinct because they believe without white people there'd be no slavery, imperialism, colonialism, or oppression of any kind.

Everyone just pretends it either isn't real or isn't a widely held belief. Sure, Lena Dunham literally posts a video about the death of white males, and hundreds of liberals following her reposting it and loving every second of it, but obviously it's a just a fringe movement and not the same kind of underhanded praxis the left accuses everyone on the right of having.

I'm fucking Jewish and even I've seen this shit coming from the left, constantly. It's disgusting.
>>
>implying this is a bad thing
>>
>>89375
I think you should stay off twitter and you'll be a much happier person, Anon. Most of the shit you're complaining about doesn't exist outside of tweets and facebook posts.
Thread posts: 92
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.