[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Man dissolves in acidic water after he falls into a Yellowstone

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 1

http://www.cnn.com/2016/11/17/us/yellowstone-man-dissolved-trnd/

>A trip to one of the nation's natural wonders ended in a unnatural tragedy.
>A 23-year-old Oregon man essentially dissolved inside a hot spring at Yellowstone National Park in Wyoming after he accidentally fell into it.

>The bizarre incident happened back in June, when Colin Nathaniel Scott went to the park with his sister to find a place to "hot pot."
>According to a recently released report from park officials, Scott and his sister went to an unauthorized area near the Norris Geyser.
>"They were specifically moving in that area for a place that they could potentially get into and soak," >Deputy Chief Ranger Lorant Veress told CNN affiliate KULR. "I think they call it hot potting."
>Scott had reached down to check the temperature of a spring when he slipped and fell into it. Rescuers later found Scott's body inside the pool, but couldn't retrieve it because of a lighting storm in the area. When they came back the next day, no remains were found beneath the spring's churning, acidic waters.
>"In a very short order, there was a significant amount of dissolving," Veress said.
>The parks' geyers and springs are acidic because they are fed by thermal water deep underground that picks up sulfuric acid as it rises to the surface. The sulfuric acid is produced by microorganisms that break down hydrogen sulfide in rocks and soil.
>Scott's sister was recording on her cell phone when he fell in, but the park service won't release the video.
>Veress stressed the importance for park visitors to obey all warning signs.
>"Because (Yellowstone) is wild and it hasn't been overly altered by people to make things a whole lot safer, it's got dangers," he said. "And a place like Yellowstone, which is set aside because of the incredible geothermal resources that are here, all the more so."
>>
yeah, i want to see that vid.
>>
>>86329
seconded...
>>
>>86329
>>86331
>Want to see a guy falling in water tually kills him
Grow the fuck up
>>
>>86353
>*water that eventually
fuck this shitty keyboard
>>
>>86353
Oh come on, The Faces of Death series has been popular since the 70s.

>>86353
>>86354
What kind of keyboard, anon?
>>
>>86367
There were underage in the 70s too, anon.
>>
If I remember correctly we had something very similar happen a few months back.

Fella didn't pay heed to the warnings and slipped into one of these hot springs. Completely dissolved him.

You'd have thunk that by now the gene for stupidity would have been phased out due to natural selection and all that, but that is clearly not the case..
>>
>>86353
Where do you think you are, anon?
>>
There's a book by Chuck Palahniuk called Haunted. One of the most disturbing chaptets is about people who fall into hot springs and geisers.
>>
>>86452
Not all on 4chan are b-tard fifteen year old sperglords.
>>
>>86491
Are you like 17-18? Because you sound like someone who tries very hard to distance themselves from "the kids".

Being curious about a freak accident is quite natural.
>>
holy shit his sister saw him scalded to death then made to mush
>>
The dumbass should've just driven down to Thermopolis, a few hours away. They've got a huge hot spring over there that has its water piped into artificial pools.
>>
On the one hand, its always disturbing when someone my own age dies
On the other, he was probably some stupid Urbanfag that thought all of nature was there for his pleasure, in which case, Darwin.
>>
>>86327
Another posthumous darwin award.
Serioulsy, he was old enough to understand his decisions. He would have been told or warned time and time again not to go in the water and yet he decided he wanted to do that. He was a fool through and through
>>
Even though he probably died instantly, the thought of someone dissolving is really scary to me. I'm not sure how to explain it. It's one of the most nightmarish ways to go.
>>
>>86491
You don't have to visit /b/ to be curious about a man melting like the wicked witch, faggot.
>>
>>86557
How would he die instantly from falling in?
>>
>>86563
Water with that concentration of minerals is hotter then a pan of water boiling on your stove

It's a race between your brain cooking to death or you drown

also.. he didn't dissolve, this is bad journalism

boil a piece of meat for 24 hours and see what happens, he became human stew
>>
>>86559
Top kek well memerino friend
>>
>>86566
Sounds painful enough
>>
>>86578
He likely passed out near immediately from the pain and shock, then drowned without feeling much.
>>
Was there an effort to save him by the sister or just sitting there recording it? Damn
>>
Was it recorded?
>>
>>86327
I've been to Yellowstone and near the geysers. There are signs all around telling you to stay on the path and that the ground is unstable and you can die if you venture off the safe path. Still saw idiots doing it though

>>86452
XD
>>
>>86593
>There are signs all around telling you to stay on the path and that the ground is unstable and you can die if you venture off the safe path.
Not to mention you can literally smell the sulfur coming from these thermal vents. Sometimes the sulfuric acid fumes are visible nearby in the air. The guy shouldn't have gone anywhere close to an off limits area.
>>
>>86600
>The guy shouldn't have gone anywhere close to an off limits area.
yeah when I went they even specifically warned us that places that look safe can still be dangerous. Like you'll see bison footprints and think that if a 2000lb animal can walk there you're fine, but the underground flow changes so much that ground that was safe a week ago might have a cave under it now, and if you walk on it it could collapse. They have raised boardwalks that you walk on
>>
>>86327
>went to the park with his sister to find a place to "hot pot."

Well, at least they found it
>>
>>86327
>unnatural tragedy
>fall into boiling acid
>dying isn't considered the natural result

>>86566
It wasn't just boiling though, it was also acidic. So yes, there would have been a lot of dissolving going on. Churning water also adds mechanical action which will essentially pull the dissolving pieces apart.
>>
I can't wait for the video to get leaked.
>>
>>86327

Good origin to a hipster supervillain
>>
>>86327
Can't wait for the future men to find his bones and put them in a museum.
>>
>>86454
Just reading this post makes me uncomfortable, I'm not sure I could stomach a whole book.
What style and genre is this book? Is it any good?
>>
>>86699
what bones
>>
>>86450
>You'd have thunk that by now the gene for stupidity would have been phased out due to natural selection and all that
Quite the contrary, it may now be on the rise:
http://www.naturalnews.com/037942_humans_devolving_brain_function.html
>>
>>86660
who do you think filmed this?
>>
>>86702
Its a horror book with a bunch of short stories and a wraparound story about writers being locked in a haunted house. You ever read the short story guts about the kid jacking off in a pool and he gets his intestines caught in the filter? It used to get posted a lot.
>>
>>86327
when will the video be released
>>
>>86589
Sister was busy recording his death to make some youtube money I bet. Stone cold I tell ya. Too bad authorities confiscated the video so she can't make any money. She deserves it.
>>
>>86585
nah, they've pulled people out before. Someone jumped in to save someones dog, failed and got pulled out. He had 3rd degree burns on his entire body, he was blind and his skin came off when rescuers tried to remove his shoe. He later died in the hospital.
>>
>>86566
It's practically boiling acid, not hot water on a stove
>>
There was a story recently about some fat tourist who fell through the surface near one of those hot springs, and she was too fat for the people there to pull out so her lower half just got boiled for like twenty minutes.
>>
>>86646
Underrated kek.
>>
>>86545
Thanks for the input gramps
>>
>>86589
>>86735
If someone falls into the spring you stay the fuck away from that. The only thing you can do is get yourself killed. According to other articles the sister immediately called 911 after the fall.
>>
Here is the park service page on the area this guy fell in:
https://www.nps.gov/yell/planyourvisit/norrisfaq.htm

>Periodically, Norris Geyser Basin undergoes a large-scale basin-wide thermal disturbance lasting a few days to a few weeks. Water levels fluctuate, temperatures and pH change, color changes, and eruptive patterns change throughout the basin. No one is sure what causes a thermal disturbance. It might be caused by a massive fluctuation in the underground reservoirs providing water to the basin's features. In the fall, this may happen when surface water levels decrease, causing a decrease in pressure in deeper, underground thermal water. This may allow the deeper thermal waters to mix and flow to the ground surface.
>>
>>86742
at least her body was beautiful and unashamed
>>
>>86327
is this sister into snuff? why would she film that?
>>
>>86785
Gotta get those Clicks brah.

Also, what is hot potting? Smoking weed when it's hot or some shit?
>>
>>86827
>too lazy to google
>too stupid to put it together from context
>too impatient to even read the whole OP

You deserve not to know
>>
>>86327
This should happen to all white
people.
>>
>>86353
I wish reddit never came here
>>
>>86353
>not being eager to provide proof for the thing you believe in
Tell me about growing up, what's it like?
>>
>>86733
>kid jacking off in a pool and he gets his intestines caught in the filter
How the fuck does that even happen?
>>
>>86860
Different anon here who also had no idea what "hot potting" was. In his defense, when you google it, pretty much every result is in reference to the OP's story, which doesn't actually give a definition.

And it turns out the definition is just "to soak in a hot spring", in which case why the fuck wouldn't you just say that? The introduction of slang term to describe a straightforward, normal activity is un-intuitive. It makes you think that "hot potting" involves something beyond just going in a hot spring.
>>
Fun fact that my fellow Americans might not know: In England, they pronounce geyser like the word "geezer," as opposed to the "guyzer" pronunciation I imagine most of us use.
>>
>>87426
You're completely right. On top of that, "hot potting" can also be used to refer to cooking a specific variety of stew so there's plenty of room for confusion here.
>>
>>86736
So best thing to do would be just leave them there if they fell in?
>>
>>87427
Wow that was fun!
Thanks anon!!
>>
>>86989
>if you don't like what i like, you're from reddit
is it bad that i miss the days when someone would tell you to kill yourself instead of attempting to undermine your opinion by saying you're from the boogey man website?
>>
>>87469
Go back to /b/
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1ZzZ4370b4
Thread posts: 63
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.