[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Facebook swaps news feeds for conservatives and liberals

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 1267.jpg (75KB, 930x558px) Image search: [Google]
1267.jpg
75KB, 930x558px
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/nov/16/facebook-bias-bubble-us-election-conservative-liberal-news-feed

Pretty cool. They had people swap Facebook feeds to ones representing the opposite viewpoint in the run-up to the election. Most of the people got butthurt and didn't continue, predictably enough. Some stuck with it though, their reactions are pretty interesting.

Kind of stupid and a bit chilling how many people get their news strictly from Facebook tho.
>>
>>86156
I hope they are serious about banning fake news clickbait. I have my doubts this will happen, It seems like facebook would want to cultivate relationships with those clickbait companies so they can sell them all their valuable user personal data later, and just give lip service to how horrible they are in the press.
>>
>>86157
The fake news thing is a bit more far-reaching than that. Policing the internet for it is not Facebooks responsibility so I'm surprised they said anything at all.
The takeaway here is that the average user is so busy (or so stupid) that they would share articles based on the title, rather than the content. Those article mills make a decent chunk too, if they have ads, malware, and the views needed to profit off of.
>>
>>86157
>banning fake news clickbait.
By "fake news" you know damn well they only mean "THEIR fake news not OUR fake news"
>>
I don't have a Facebook account.
>>
>>86170
They called Breitbart in bullshit

Says the hard-hitting journalism of Buzzfeed.

http://www.breitbart.com/california/2016/11/16/google-facebook-to-defund-conservative-sites-as-fake-news/
>>
Better they get it from facebook than FAUX news!
>>
>>86157
It's never going to happen because people like fake news.

The majority of people don't give a shit about whether or not something is accurate.
>>
>>86156
Great. More fuel to hate one another because of the great political spook.
>>
>>86723
Breitbart is utter and complete shit, but so is buzzfeed. However, the differences lie in what both sites are trying to be. Both are trying to be something they aren't ad will never be: an actual news site with actual journalists.

Really though, comparing Breitbart to Buzzfeed is an apples and oranges comparison. Breitbart is more like the conservative version of The Huffington Post. Buzzfeed is more like a liberal version of hotair.com with their top 10 lists and tabloid celebrity commentary. The two clickbait dynasties rarely compete with one another because they're both servicing their respective two sides of the same confirmation biased circlejerk.
>>
>>86156
im afraid they will just ban news sites that aren`t liberal enough.
>>
>>86927
I agree.
>>
>>86157
>banning fake news

AKA: Censorship
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.