[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

weed laws for employment

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 1

File: dangedmexicans.jpg (250KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
dangedmexicans.jpg
250KB, 960x960px
>Live in California
>weed legal now
>Smoked weed the other day
>got a call from a new employer and wants to drug test me today

Are they going to test for THC? Will i not get the job if i dont pass?

https://ballotpedia.org/California_Proposition_64,_Marijuana_Legalization_(2016)
>>
Uh, yes they will test for THC. As almost all employers now have drug free work policies, I'd guess you won't get the job.
>>
>>85939
You will not get the job if you don't pass. Corporate policies have nothing to do with public referendums. Also, not a valid news link but have an old one because you are a hapless stoner who can't help himself.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/09/us/politics/marijuana-legalization.html
>>
>>85942
>As almost all employers now have drug free work policies
that is just not true
>>
>>85942
take someone elses piss in a tube
claim phobias for any other test
>>
>>85939
If it's prescription, youre fine. Pretty sure it's illegal to discriminate against health conditions.
>>
Most of the Urinalysis tests these days don't actually test for THC, the test will indicate a metabolite from the Cannabis known as THC-COOH or 11-nor-9-carboxy-delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol.

Regardless of if you smoke regularly or have a puff on a joint once every month, you will retain some level of this metabolite.

It's how the shit cunting filth can get away with sacking you. They cite the presence of this protein, and then say you are a dirty no hoping drug addict.

In other words, you are fucked.

Good luck.

http://www.canorml.org/healthfacts/drugtestguide/drugtestdetection.html
>>
>>85957
Drug user and alcoholism are not health conditions.
>b-but it's illegal to discriminate!
As a former HR guy, I'm laffin. You know what we did when we wanted someone gone for reasons that it would be illegal to fire them for? We fired them for being five minutes late. When it comes to hiring, the same applies.

There are so many bullshit reasons you can use to not hire or fire someone that discrimination legislation isn't worth the paper it's written on.

The only time anyone gets caught is if they're stupid. Which is pretty prevalent in HR, I'll give you that.
>>
>>85979
>They can fire you for any reason
Biggest redpill about employment ever

That's why it's important to be especially friendly at times when you can, have a convo with superiors occasionally, be respectful to all coworkers and all customers, etc. Employment contracts always favor the employer. If they want/need to get rid of you, they will.
>>
Alcohol is legal, and I had two beers before work and crashed my forklift. Now they want to piss test me. Will they check for alcohol?
>B-but it's legal!!
LOL
>>
>>85955
>claim phobias
Take note Califags this tendency for whine-y bullshitting is why nobody likes you
>>
>>85957
>Pretty sure it's illegal to discriminate against health conditions.
Not according to the ATF.

>>86097
See, the biggest issue with piss testing for pot is that it can't actually prove intoxication/inebriation at the time of the test, unlike say a Breathalyzer. I don't even think a blood test for THC can determine a standard level of inebriation for people like BAC.

Employers and their insurance companies don't care, of course, until someone presents a legal challenge that has the necessary teeth to set precedent.
>>
Depends on the job tbh
I have never been drug tested beforr tho I dunno where you people find these jobs that actually gibe a shit
>>
DUDE WEED

LMAO
M
A
O
>>
>>86159

They are called jobs that pay taxes.
>>
Before you bring in a tube of someone else's piss, you should probably know that a ton of companies don't use urine tests anymore. Mouth swab tests are quite common, and they will usually detect marijuana from 12-24 hours after use.
Basically, it all depends on which method they use. You may or may not get the job, but I guess it's something to remember for the future. You're safest if you don't partake within 90 days before a test, since hair tests (admittedly less common) are able to detect that far back.
>>
>>86164
Not your OP but I work for an IT company and have never been drug tested, as have none of my other friends in IT. We're even in a solid red state.
>>
>left wing
>lives in commiefornia
>smokes weed
>unemployed
>defends spics

bahaha, are you parody or a real person? If it's the latter please fuck off to reddit
>>
>>85950
You're either too young to have ever sought employment or you've lived under a rock--unemployed--for your entire adult life.

Almost every employer has had drug free/zero tolerance policies for a very long time now. What is considered a drug or whether or not those policies are enforced changes from employer to employer, but those policies are still there.
>>
>>85979
>>85984
>signs a contract stipulating conditions and expectations
>signs onto at-will employment
>isnt sure if an employer/contract holder can release you and for what reasons
>THAT I COULD GET FIRED WAS REDPILL BRO

Have you never sought employment, either? Did you simply not read any of the fucking paperwork you have to sign, or listen to the employer/recruiter? They have to verbally explain or provide written explanation for all of this shit.

How fucking retarded are you people?
>>
>>85939
MOST employers require a drug test, to include weed (Really the only thing with any risk of being detected, anyway) due to insurance requirements. Also due to said requirements they can't overlook failing weed on the test.

1. You won't pass today, don't even try
2. The LEAST you need is 3 days. The more time, always better. If you have 3 days, spend first 2 drinking 2+ gallons a day and doing a shitload of cardio/sauna and sweat like crazy. On day 3, rest, and take a "detox kit" 1-2hrs before the test and this really only works if the kit has creatine. When taking your piss it will register as mostly water but the vitamins and creatine in the detox kit will fool the test. I have also seen some people do synthetic and pass a test, they just kept it warm
>>
>>86181
You can be fired for anything, and if you think you can ROW ROW FIGHT DA POWA you are incredibly mistaken but I won't change your mind, which means more jobs for other people when you inevitably cry about being fired because you thought you were untouchable
>>
>>85939
Generally, state laws dont go into effect until the next year, fucktard
Your like the Ghetto retards that went around expecting Gib Me Dats the day after Obama got arrested, or the Trailer Trash fron last week that expected to get away with yelling nigger in public because Trump won
>>
>>85976
Can confirm. Tested for prescription amphetamines. showed prescription. Nurse deleted "positive" and typed "negative".
>>
>>85984
No thats why to be fucking good at your job..

"friendly" FUCK me...
>>
>>85939
Don't listen to these idiots, don't risk detoxing it's not reliable. go to a head shop and buy synthetic urine that comes with a hand warmer, most UAs are not observed.
>>
>>86173
You are full of shit 1o panel UAs are standard and at about 3$ per test strip vs several hundred for a saliva or hair test they are still the most common fuck off with the misinformation. I've been pre-employment screened about 7 times, each was urine test unobserved at a Labcorp, Cox, or doctors office. Passed 7 times with synthetic urine.
>>
>>86540
>t. never worked in any large company or for the government
>>
>>>/trash/
Where the fuck are the mods on this board?
>>
>>86181
>Did you simply not read any of the fucking paperwork you have to sign
No one does this, you fucking retard. Which is how we can get away with firing people at will.

The several pages explain how you can be let go for minor infractions (being late, failing a project, blah blah blah etc etc). We then use those to fire people for other reasons that we aren't legally allowed to fire them for.
>>
>>85939
>Are they going to test for THC? Will i not get the job if i dont pass?

You're supposed to become indispensable first, then start smoking pot. Dumbass.
>>
>>85943

This. Company policy will determine what is acceptable or not. If a company wanted to test for caffeine and not hire anyone found to have it in their blood stream, that would probably be within their right.
>>
>>86179
Obviously on the job but most places don't care what you do outside of work
>>
listen you need to go get quickfix from a head shop its synthetic urine and they cant tell. if you need help using It there are plenty of youtube vids and info on the web. I live in bakerfield and I recently used it. works like a charm and is easy to conseal
>>
>>86681
>>85939 (OP)
GET QUICK FIX
>>
>>85939
Pretty much like everyone is saying.... You're state billl most likely did not stipulate that private companies had to overlook THC on an employment drug-screening... Because then fucking no one would have voted for it... Just like they don't have to allow you to show up drunk. I live in Colorado and people have been asking this since we passed it.... Fuck.... Next your going to be like, "Can I get a DUI for smoking and driving, even though it's legal now". Which is the 2nd biggest question here. Yes, yes you can.
>>
>>86552
this is the only correct answer
>>
>>85939
Yes. I live in WA where weed has been legal for a while and jobs still turn you down if you fail the drug test for Marijuana.
>>
>>85939
I'm part owner of a medium sized business in California and my company will not hire anybody that tests positive for THC, potheads use the law to remain permanently high then expect to be able to get a job like a normal functioning human being, reality doesn't work that way.
>>
>>85939
Drink a fuck-tonne of water and either you'll pass or the people who are going to be testing it will deem it to be a bad sample and will request another, which will you buy you maybe a week or so to get it out of your system.

If you hardly ever smoke it'll be out of your system within a few days, but if you're a heavy smoker it may take as much as 4-6 weeks
>>
>>85950
My employer doesn't drug test at all cos he knows that most of us smoke weed (even though it's illegal here) and he knows that if he drug tests us all he'll be forced to fire most of his staff and that'll just fuck his business over. It's pretty funny really.
>>
>>86153
Weed can stay in your blood for about 6-12 hours (depending on how much you smoked and how spaced out it was) after that your body's partly metabolised it and stored it in fat cells around your body.

Eventually your body uses those fat cells for energy, releasing those weed metabolites back into your bloodstream and eventually into your urine for testing.

As long as you're high, there's gonna be THC floating around in your blood, and that'll show in a blood test. And for a little while after you stop feeling the high too

It's unfortunate how weed stays in your system for much longer than a lot of other drugs. I mean, alcohol stays in your system for no longer than a few days to a week while weed potentially can stay in your urine for about a month and in your hair, skin and nails for up to 2-3 months.

But that says to me just how much your body can potentially use pot, or at least part(s) of it, to better itself. Otherwise your body probably wouldn't let it hang around in you for so long.

I mean meth clears your body in about 3-7 days, same with heroin and alcohol, but with heavy pot use you'll still fail a piss test even after a month potentially. Funny stuff.
>>
>>85939

If it's legal in your state then why should they care if you test postive for it?

What you do on your own time is your business.
>>
>>87910
>What is insurance.
>What is liability

The good thing is all the jobs will be filled by immigrants who can put their family's needs over their momentary gratification.
>>
>>85939
Interestingly enough, the feds can still deny you a job for even saying you smoked it in the last three years in a legal state. A friend of mine was denied a job with the BOP due to being honest about this in her interview even though she did it in Colorado.

Just a general heads up.
>>
>>87926
>Interestingly enough, the feds can still deny you a job for even saying you smoked it in the ~ever~ in a legal state.

What is a security clearance.
>>
>>85942
Definitely not true. My employer doesn't care, and we are an upscale digital consulting firm
>>
>>87915
you crack me up
>>humpdydumpdyfelloffthewall.png
>>
>>85957
wrong and wrong
>>
>>87815
you're a fucking idiot
>>
>>87869
i guarantee you and your buddies are VERY easily replaceable snowflake
>>
>>87910
go to bed sam
>>
>>86552

BEST ADVICE

Four co-workers and I had to go in at the same time for a drug test, we were all from out of state, and we were in that state to start a contract. All of us went and got "fetish urine", and all of us passed using it.
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.