[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mr. No Days Off: Part Time President?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

File: Donald-Trump-Serious-Reuters.jpg (36KB, 618x340px) Image search: [Google]
Donald-Trump-Serious-Reuters.jpg
36KB, 618x340px
It looks like Donald Trump is only going to live in the White House part time as he continues to call his New York City apartment home. This reminds me of George W. Bush spending most of his time at his Texas ranch.

Sources:
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/12/us/politics/trump-president.html?partner=rss&emc=rss&smid=nytpolitics&smtyp=cur
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/onpolitics/2016/11/13/donald-trump-60-minutes-vacation-salary/93778704/
>>
>>85493
Congressmen live in DC and they still miss sessions often.
>>
Means he will often be far away from the apparatus of the WH - probably will just relay orders to it, keep his own staff close.
>>
>>85493
I mean at this point i really hope he does a good job. he was probably the last person i wanted to be elected but that is just the way some things go. if he can either not do *anything* or somehow win, then that's good.
>>
Trump and McMullin make me want to run for president as an experiment. My unrealistic yet still realistic to taking office goal would be to steal at least one county from the Republicans and the Democrats. Registration, I heard was the easiest part of a campaign.
>>
in b4 the 4th reich
>>
>>85713

Given the standards set by both Trump and Clinton this cycle, you could probably take an entire state. Last time someone did that was the 60's.
>>
>>85765
I would still require an enormous capital for the advertising involved. I know I would host fundraisers which may or may not require a little bit of start-up money, but an average joe with no experience other than a few political science courses and history courses? There is no way I could steal an entire state from the Reps. or the Dems. Especially with my tendency to be honest. Trump is already moving away from some campaign promises. It is literally like you have to lie your way to the white house.

I guess if Evan McMullin almost took the state of Utah then I suppose anything is possible, but I may have to wait until I am 35 years of age. Isn't that the minimal required age?
>>
>>85765
>Last time someone did that was the 60's.
Who?
>>
>>85774
Its not "like you have to lie" to have your way, its really a must. When the board is made of shit, keeping your hand clean is impossible.
>>
>>85780
Well, I think I could be a good liar if I have to be, but of course, I would want to do this as an experiment to see how far an honest candidate could go in today's political landscape. What makes me intrigued is that Obama, regardless of how you feel about him, was kind of honest in his plans and he somewhat stuck to campaign promises. Most of them may have been implemented half-assed or could have been implemented better, but at least he tried to stick with campaign promises.

I mean, I doubt I'd be able to win one of the largest blue states (California) let alone win over the red county of San Bernardino, but I am curious.

The impression I get with Trump is that he will not stick to campaign promises proving that you are required to lie. I do not see a wall along the American-Mexican border being constructed mostly because this shit was talked about since Bush. All we have down there is a fence that is broken along the border. Plus it'll allow for a sort of "hero's story" for anyone who manages to breach the wall. I do not see a complete ban on Muslims entering the country being made. And I have this feeling that Obamacare will be repealed and replaced with Obamacare, now known as, Trumpcare.

But hey, if I end up taking California away from the Democrats or even taking San Bernardino away from the Republicans then that is something to celebrate.
>>
>>85776
George Wallace
>>
> people running for president who think they have a chance
Retards.
>>
>>85493
Not very surprising. He has said that he will not be involved in producing actual policy, and instead will spend his time "making america great again". Therefore, him spending any amount of time at the WH doesn't make a lot of sense.
(1) http://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/20/magazine/how-donald-trump-picked-his-running-mate.html
>>
>>86186
So we have to rely on the evangalicals in the house and senate to lead us?

I thought the separation of church and state was there to help protect the first amendment which guarantees freedom of religion and freedom from religious persacution?
>>
If I were to attempt to run a presidential campaign with low startup capital as an experiment. Should I just try to run as my own party? How would I go about establishing my own political party and how does "The Cherry Tree" party sound?

It's a reference to the old George Washington story where he says, "I Cannot Tell A Lie".

I thought this was somewhat patriotic.
>>
>>86498
This is a bad idea in many ways.

- Saying "startup" implies something other than donations. This means that you would be promising something in return for the money. That's probably a bad thing to do in politics.

- The cherry tree story is apocryphal. I don't care if you know that, but everybody and their mother would tweet snarky comments about it in order to seem smart.

- Every four years, plenty of people run as their own party. They have debates and interviews and logos and everything. Why should I take you seriously if you haven't even looked any of them up?
>>
>>86503
CUZ SNOWFLAKES DON'T NEED LOGOS
>>
>>86498
>the cherry tree

sounds like a small town bed and breakfast lol
>>
>>86498
create a website. Spend all of your time figuring out your policies on paper and writing speeches. give planned speeches at least bimonthly and post videos on your site. Promote. Within a year you will have a solid platform hashed out and a public record Of speaking on it. That's your start. Also write one letter each day to a politician (starting locally) in an effort to gain support for your causes.
>>
>>85713
And yet all you've done is copy pasta this since the election. Are you even 31?
>>
>>87257
What? Copy pasta? Also, no, I am not.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.