[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

#USA_MAIDAN

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: 14789500319020.jpg (536KB, 800x624px) Image search: [Google]
14789500319020.jpg
536KB, 800x624px
Protesters in Royal Oak march against Trump and bigotry

Hundreds of protesters rallied in Royal Oak Friday night against President-elect Donald Trump, racism and sexism, one of several such protests held this week in metro Detroit.

It came two days after a group of students at Royal Oak Middle School chanted "Build the Wall," echoing one of Trump's campaign cries to block illegal immigration from Mexico. Anti-Trump rallies have been held in downtown Detroit and at Wayne State University, along with others in cities across the U.S. after Trump's election victory.

Gathering outside Oakland County Community College, crowd members held signs that read "Stop Bigotry" and "Trump Not My President," listened to speakers, and then marched north toward Royal Oak Middle School chanting "No Trump, No Wall."

"This hatred is disgusting," Mary Hippler told a crowd gathered on Washington Avenue.. "He is not my president. ... This is not my America. I will not accept it."

http://www.freep.com/story/news/local/michigan/oakland/2016/11/11/donald-trump-protest-planned-royal-oak/93641088/
>>
>>85081
>"He is not my president. ... This is not my America. I will not accept it."

Yes you will. Unless you have the balls to try and overthrow the government, you're going to accept it. At a certain point you might even realise that accepting it means accepting not your vision of America, but what America actually is.
>>
>>85114
Not accepting it is the only way we're going to reform the antiquated, obsolete electoral college system that allows people who didn't win the popular vote to become president.
>>
>>85081
bwahahaha..

these tears are delicious

I wish I could attend one of these rallies, and just sit there and laugh. woo boy
>>
>>85135
wait never mind.. metro Detroit.
I'll get eaten by bears or something

Hows that liberal leadership working out for you Detroit?
>>
>>85114
this is something that ive questioned a bit lately.

Why do these people have so much hate? they themselves seem to have more hate than any trump supporter, theyre out causing damage to innocents and personal property because "trump will destroy america" while theyre destroying the neighborhood/
>>
>>85115
It's actually a good System. Most people are plebes, and I wouldn't trust them to make good decisions.
>>
>>85115
You sir sicken me. I for one do not want the people with their hands out controlling my country. We are capitalists. No one cares about your feelings in business. We for far to long have let the poor, the crybabies, and the millinials run this country. You had 8 fucking years of niggerdom and look where its gotten us? What did obama do for detroit? What did he do for anyone? Do you even know what TPP is? What it would have done to our country? What obamacare has done to our country? I picture you to be just about as ignorant in politics as my girlfriend. I hope you get murdered by an illegal. If you love them so much move to fucking mexico swine. We dont need you in OUR country.
>>
>>85115
I guess democracy is also outdated and antiquated then, huh? It was formed by those hella old dudes! I mean, who even were those lame-o's? I bet they didn't even shop at pacsun! Lol! Fukkin old skool government, reform it man! Make Hillary queen of the USA! Wait, why didn't we think of that before? Just make Hillary queen, and we'll never have to go through this again!
>>
>>85144
Then we should restrict voting rights to a segment of the population, rather than have it basically be random which is what the electoral college does.

>>85146
See above. All the electoral college does is ensure tyranny of the majority on the state level. Even if the vote is split 51/49, the minority doesn't get a single electoral vote.

>If you love them so much move to fucking mexico swine
That's like saying, if you love Jews so much, why don't you move to Auschwitz? Mexico is so fucked up that even Mexicans don't want to live there any more.
>>
>>85161
The EC was formed under the assumption that states would function as individual countries, which turned out not to work out in practice. In any case, the winner-take-all tradition is utterly retarded, as it actually ENCOURAGES tyranny of the majority. The main benefit of the EC is that it gives proportionally more electors to smaller states, but the winner-take-all system means in practice candidates can win by focusing on a few big states - exactly the problem that the EC was created to prevent.
>>
>>85115
>obsolete electoral college system

The Electoral College insures that candidates for president must consider the _entire nation_ when running for office, otherwise they’d just focus on a handful of heavily populated cities and the megalopolis of NYC and LA would essentially rule the entire country.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-gL59uIJScr8/Ts1J_D6q1KI/AAAAAAAABEs/HovKXX4Jn5E/s1600/US+Population+Density.png
>>
I don't understand...
If americans hate their constitution, why not change it BEFORE elections when everybody can prepare? Obama had eight years to do that, no? You wanted THAT kind of change, yes? If so, why complain now when you didn't do anything earlier?

If that couldn't be done, was it because somebody would disagree with the motion? But wouldn't discourse over such disagreements what democracy stands for, or were there no discourse over the matter?

I'm sure those protesting now believed that the system would have worked heavily in their favor during the campaign periods, considering the polls. Were they led to believe that they would win? And now that they are shocked that the system didn't work out for them, they want to dismantle the system so it would work for them? But wouldn't that make it a system that would work for the same people you agree with, and not a system for all?

From my meager experience, every choice, no matter how small, is a war in itself. It is a war that you need to prepare for, need to be informed of, and whatever happens, you need to accept the results of, no matter how it turns out. This US election is one such choice.

But now that the results didn't work out for them, the protesters now want to change their system, secede from it since it didn't turn out in their favor, and make their own system? Because the system everyone is following is not working for those who lost?

I never did learn about US history, but I'm sure that the US constitution has been amended and changed and adjusted, or even scrapped and replaced to suit the times, during time when everyone would agree that it needs to be changed. But to have such protests because they didn't believe in the system AFTER the result?

... what makes them different from the winning side that claims to "seek to change" the system? one side won via the ballot, and the other side seeks to do it via a revolt? if so, which of the two is practicing of democracy?
>>
>>85244
>If americans hate their constitution, why not change it BEFORE elections when everybody can prepare?

It would require a constitutional convention and that's not going to happen because everybody fears encouraging those, as it would lead to more constitutional changes, fucking over everybody.

The president elect has only lost the popular vote five times throughout U.S. history but as two of those times happened fairly recently, (Trump vs Clinton and Bush vs. Gore) noisy retarded SJWs are complaining about it as if somebody got robbed when in fact, the Electoral College did exactly what it was supposed to do; reflect the will of ALL the people.
>>
>>85220
You're replying to the wrong person. I assumed any post with 'hella' in it could instantly be assumed sarcastic. I will be more clear next time.

THIS POST IS NOT SARCASTIC.
>>
>>85246
>It would require a constitutional convention and that's not going to happen because everybody fears encouraging those, as it would lead to more constitutional changes, fucking over everybody.
Then there is fear of the consequences of change? So now that one side lost, they are no longer afraid of the consequences of change? They had to lose first before they got the courage to brave the uncertainty of change? Or do they only have the courage to make the change without realizing what the consequences would be?

Man is both the marble and the sculptor, so there will always be pain when one seeks to change oneself. If they're afraid of the pain the change would result in, then I guess they'd be comfortable unchanged in their safe spaces until their paper houses crash and burn on them.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.