[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Japan PM Abe to meet with Trump next week

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 1

File: 11JAPAN-1-master768[1].jpg (71KB, 768x509px) Image search: [Google]
11JAPAN-1-master768[1].jpg
71KB, 768x509px
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/11/world/asia/japan-donald-trump-shinzo-abe.html?ribbon-ad-idx=11&rref=world/asia

>Japan’s prime minister, Shinzo Abe, did not take long to recover from the shock of Donald J. Trump’s victory. By Thursday morning — Wednesday night in the United States — Mr. Abe had called the president-elect and arranged to meet him in New York next week.

>In hustling to be one of the first world leaders to meet with Mr. Trump since the election, Mr. Abe is seeking to gauge the sincerity of Mr. Trump’s campaign rhetoric on Japan. As a candidate, he repeatedly excoriated the country, along with other American allies, for not paying what he called its fair share to support American military bases, and he suggested he might withdraw troops unless Japan agreed to pay more.

>Mr. Abe will also probably want to discuss the Trans-Pacific Partnership, the trade deal between the United States and several Asian countries, including Japan, that Mr. Trump has said he would consign to the dustbin. The Abe administration considers the pact, which moved closer to ratification on Thursday with approval in Japan’s lower house of Parliament, an important plank in his economic policy.

>Mr. Trump’s election stunned the Japanese establishment, which, like many people in the United States and around the globe, had expected Hillary Clinton to take the White House. As recently as late last week, government officials leaked to the Japanese news media that Mr. Abe was planning a visit to Washington in February — to meet with Mrs. Clinton.

>The surprise result had the prime minister’s advisers scrambling Wednesday night to develop briefing books for him on scenarios they had assumed were moot. Japan has grown accustomed to a friendly relationship with the United States, and Mr. Trump’s campaign criticisms have unsettled officials who wonder whether they can still count on the country’s most important ally.

>>
>>84839
good luck Abe, you're the only reason the TPP might not actually be terrible, as long as my doujin are safe I'm fine with it passing
>>
>>84846
Gas yourself weeb

I hope Abe gets BTFO and left to die
>>
>>84846
>>84862
Just came from /pol/. First thing I saw. For a moment I was worried this board wouldn't have the same backbone.
>>
Is it pronounced Ah-Beh or Abe as in short for Abraham?
>>
>>84878
Is this a jew joke

It's Ah-beh, ya know, cuz he's a jap

>>84839
Trump has said a lot of retarded shit but hopefully he'd realize the issue with Japan re-militarizing and what that would mean for it's foreign policy.

China would understandably be distressed.
>>
>>84864
Fuck off
>>
>>84862
>it's another /news/ poster who doesn't know what the tpp is
>>
>>84879
is there anything more pathetic than a nuclear nation being scared of some mobilized tanks? China wouldn't be worried of pressure from peaceful foreign nations if it even had half-way decent domestic policies
>>
>>84864
It does but we get invaded by liberal shills form time to time, feel free to come post here more often!
>>
>>84897
>we
Fuck off /pol/. This board isn't even always about politics, much less partisan politics.
>>
>>84907
I have been here since old /n/ if anyone should leave it is newfags like you I have been on this site since 2005 leave 4chan and never return.
>>
I miss koizumi and his awesome hair
>>
>>84918
This. And he and 41 were adorable together.

Speaking of which, does Obama even have a foreign leader BFF? Who do you think Trump's might be (saying Putin is cheating)?
>>
protectionism is one of Trump's most disagreeable policies
>>
>>84915
>I've been here since 2006!!!11
The length of time you've been here has nothing to do with the topic of the board not being politics, newfag. (and yes, you are still a newfag)
>>
>>84935
Not really I have been posting on /news/ since it opened up. Mostly news articles I rarely comment.
>>
>>84915
Shut the fuck up
This board has no connection to the old /n/
Underage faggots
>>
>>84944
It does.
>>
>>84915
>I have been on this site since 2005
4chan was the place for you when you were an edgy teenager in 2005, the younger generation will never get what it was like in those days when the internet and even mobile phones were a relatively new thing, before SJWs, before the housing bubble burst, before iphones and facebook lured normies here, but this is the 4chan of 2016, it is time to move on
>>
>>84879
It would destabilize Asia and empower China. American presence in Japan and Korea doesn't only affect those two counties.
>>
>>85023
>it is time to move on
Fuck off kike.
>>
>>84839
Abe gonna be coming out of that meeting like...
"We gotta pay our share."
"No more TPP."
"Anime is real."
>>
>>84839
Will anime be ok?
>>
>>84915
Wow cool I also started posting here when I was 14 but I guess I've grown up some in 11 years or so.
>>
>>85163
17 actually I'm 28 now.
>>
>>84839
This is the meeting that will make anime real.
>>
How is he going to be the first foreign leader to meet with Trump? Not even Canada?

Is it because the TPP is coming in hot?
>>
>>84864
>worried that people don't have the same opinion as you
wow you sound exactly like SJW's and their safe spaces

>>84897
>all liberals are shills
here's a (you)

>>84915
it's pathetic that you've been on this site so long, yet still don't understand it
>>
>>85180
Abe's economic plan depended heavily on the TPP, so he's desperate to work something out with Trump immediately.
>>
>>84839
Can trump do something about the genital censoring? I want my hentais to be perfect
>>
why don't we just have unfettered global capitalism and let market forces iron things out
>>
>>85293
That sure has proven to wor k out well hasn't it
>>
>>85293
Because the free market has proven repeatedly that it can't regulate itself.
>>
>>85284
gib money to jacob
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.