[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

WTF

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 139
Thread images: 1

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/trump-win-sparks-riots-across-9225317
for the photo

What the fuck is going off over in the US?? im trying to find out but cant get much, hope everyone is mostly unharmd.
>>
>>83796
There's just a few protests in some cities. No actual riots going on just the media blowing things out of proportion again
>>
Some people really hate democracy.
>>
>Hundreds of people descended on California
>Hillary Clinton supporters were filmed setting fire to the US flag while marching through the streets of Portland, Oregon, shouting "F*** Donald Trump"
>Meanwhile, a young student has reportedly been hit by an SUV and severely injured during a march in Berkeley
This is manly upper class white people throwing tantrums.
>>
>>83796
Becky with the good hair got her period.
>>
>>83796
>What the fuck is going off over in the US??
A bunch of limp-wristed "Millennial" youths, who don't know shit about how democracy works, spilled to the streets to show others how displeased they are about "their candidate" not winning the elections.
>>
>>83923
Why did the upper class throw a tantrum?
>>
because the upper class people love to tell everyone, especially the lower class people, they're all about peace and balance and equality. So when tings don't go their way, because they're really about securing more money vs. true equality, they get on social media and encourage a bunch of highly ego-centric mid socioeconomic people it was the fault of the devilish conservative party. So then they go do everything that they've been preaching against for the last 18 months and look like complete fucktards
>>
YAY america.. we're even more stupid than originally thought
>>
>>83819
Well, they have been classified as riots, now, in some places.
>>
>>85011
So what? Riots happen when a black guy gets shot. It's nothing new, just liberals crying and destroying other people property, because 'they gubment will pay fo it'
>>
>>84488
>because they're really about securing more money vs. true equality
What the fuck does this even mean? Who do you think is paying these people to be out there? SJWs dont need someone to pay them to fight for social justice
>>
Soros funded protests.
https://i.sli.mg/VZkiXN.jpg
>>
>>84364
That is the white American "liberal"
>All of the drama, none of the hardship
>>
>>85055
this
In the face of reality crashing down on them as they learn that their false narrative is not, in fact, true, liberal dipshits are wailing and crying all over the country, and black people are targeting white people with racial violence (as usual).
>>
>>83796
illuminati soft core insurgency is what going on......

really, what the fuck are they going to riot with? fists? rocks?

they supposedly hate guns, so they have limited power
>>
>>83834
Democracies where the person with the least votes wins? sure.

Imagine how quickly the electoral college would be crushed if this ever happened to a Republican. McConnell came out after Obama's election saying that their number 1 priority was to make Obama's presidency fail. This time around, Democratic leaders are essentially bowing "in the name of the system." Well the system is fucked, and one party doesn't give a shit about it. While the other has leaders who lack any spine when it steals elections from them.
>>
>>85066
>(as usual)
>I'm not racist, the government has just "disenfranchised" me

This election has the lowest turnout of any election in this century. Means that a measly 25% of the voting population actually chose this guy.
>>
>>85100
Highest turnout actually. Cant dump da Trump. Busy saving Ameri/k/a
>>
<- Oakland Here.mostly peaceful in regards to protests. Currently the amount of Collateral damage is minimal. There are reports from media resources saying police have been injured. But from what I have seen protesters are just loud. Nothing will come of this.
>>
>>83796
Guarantee 50% of the people protesting didn't even go out and fucking vote
>>
Happens to the best of us... Honestly didn't think it would last forever did we?
>>
>>85030
>le Soros meme
>>
>>84488
Wow. You really showed your IQ here. This is what i hate about you libtards. NOT EVERYONE IS THE SAME. why should someone who smokes weed in their moms basement all day choose who runs my contry? They should start drug testing before you can vote. That should clean the trash out of our democracy real quick. Go read a fucking book.
>>
>>83796
There's a group of people who will look for any excuse to cause anarchy
>>
>>83796
>http://www.thepetitionsite.com/468/810/162/stop-the-sanctions-against-russia-now/
>>
To all the condecending Trump voters: the right to protest is important in shaping public opinion. Without it we turn in a democracy in name only, like Turkey or Russia.
>>
>>85096
The popular vote doesn't matter unless that's the system the election is run under. Unless it is, the candidates only court the electoral vote. If they were courting the popular vote, they would have campaigned differently, and the result would probably be the same, especially since the popular vote was so close. Many people don't vote because their state is hard blue or red, and it doesn't matter who they vote for.

The popular vote can only be considered relevant if A: everyone voted (almost half the country didn't) or B: the election was based on the popular vote from the start, which would mean the candidates would structure their campaign differently and the results would be different. Otherwise it's an interesting but meaningless statistic.
>>
>>85198
America was never a democracy we were always a representative constitutional republic.
Go back to Civics 101
>>
;)

www.ImpeachDonaldJTrump.com
>>
>>85100
>This election has the lowest turnout of any election in this century.

Not true, it's higher than the 2000 election was. Might also be higher than 2004, but that's unclear so far.
>>
>>85096
But the person with the most votes did win, since the votes that matter are the state's votes, aka the electoral college.

If you thought your legions of illegal spics in California could vote your dumpster of a candidate to victory, then you were sorely mistaken.

>Imagine how quickly the electoral college would be crushed if this ever happened to a Republican
Ask yourself why the REPULICan party would find themselves at odds with the REPUBLIC system of government. Protip: they won't.
>>
>>83796
It's fucking nothing. It's a bunch of high schoolers and college students that want an excuse to fuck around.
>>
>>85225
which is a form of democracy dummy. unless you are saying there wasn't just an election and there hasn't been elections every 4 years since the late 1700's
>>
>>85133
Well, it's on the news now, so...
>>
>>85215
This anon makes an excellent point regarding popular vote being roughly half of the US. It amazes me that even this election only attracted half of all citizens. That means that half the people you see everyday don't give a shit what happens to them or this country. Pretty sad.
>>
>>85300
Wrong we are an oligarchy leaders are picked via lottery in a democracy such as Athens. Voting is a key feature to an oligarchy.
>>
>>85011
in one place. the protests are still ongoing on many cities. chicago has been doing protests every day, not a single riot. AND IT'S CHICAGO. honestly even im surprised, but happy.
>>
>>85316

I do not participate in federal elections specifically because of the electoral college. If no one voted there would still be a President elect the next day and the world would keep spinning. I do vote in local and state elections as those are done by popular vote but only if I feel it is necessary. A lot of what is put to vote is either wasteful or neither options are good and so I abstain.

I do not see it as apathy but a form of voting in that none of the options are viable to me.
>>
I dont completely understand all the hate in this country anymore, we all need to come together and be one people again.
>>
>>85387
The electoral college gives you more of a chance to make a difference. If all of you nonvoting Democrats had voted, Hillary would have won more states. In fact, that precisely why trump won. Because the working class who hid from pre-election polls came out in record numbers, turning many states red.

Plus, the electoral college gives less populated states more of a say. That means your 1,000,000 votes wouldn't be immediately obliterated by other states with 15,000,000 votes.

Finally, if you're worried about the popular vote, I'd say worry more about faggots like you who don't even vote. Half the country didn't even make a choice, which is pathetic. Why not just have someone decide when you take a shit? Or have your neighbor decide when you use your cell phone?
>>
>>85147
Drugs are a common habit of weak, shitty, degenerate people, drugs are not, however, de facto degenerate/shitty.

Taxpaying property owners that are legal citizens should be able to vote. They have a stake in, and contribute to the country.

Welfare, if we keep it, should have associated drug tests, however, as you are on welfare, you have proven that you cannot manage your shit, so drugs are inherently bad there.
>>
>>85413
Bullshit. In the US, we have the right to live off of our parents and do absolutely nothing, if we so wish. That person may have an interest in reserving that right, and so should he be allowed. You cannot disallow someone to vote simply because you don't like their personal choices. If that were the case, I'd personally knock on all liberals doors and tell them the good news.
>>
>>85414
You're well within your rights doing that.

You also shouldn't be steering the ship, fuck off my vote.

Property owning taxpayers have a stake, leeches have GIBS ME DAT. There's a difference.
>>
>>85415
Who cares? If they're citizens, and can prove it wit an ID, then they vote, even having never contributed a single cent to the government.
>>
>>83796
It's a bunch of Mexican agitators, OUT OUT OUT
>>
Obviously, the protestors are paid by crooked Hillary and her nasty Democrats to create tension and discord in an otherwise fair election outcome
>>
>>85483
pics or it didn't happen
>>
>>85418
>who cares if you have no stake in the company and don't buy their product you should tell them how to run things

Fuck off. In before "it's not a company", yeah, no shit, but just so you know how it sounds.

This is why the FREE SHIT party got a foothold in the fucking first place.
>>
>>85483
how much money would that even cost? i mean, it's batty as hell, i really want to hear the price
>>
>>85096
Frankly I'm disgusted by your attitude. I and people like me have been telling anyone who will listen, including you and your liberal/sjw/ friends for years that EXACTLY THIS could happen due to the electoral college system. We've been saying for years that your vote doesnt count, due to the combination of winner take-all elector policies, gerrymandering, and the electoral college? The response we receive, "YOU CAN ONLY CHANGE IT BY VOTING HURR DURR"

You and your ilk were perfectly fine with letting the system stay as it is, either because you believed you were so much smarter than us that we couldn't possibly know more about the system than you, or because it was perfectly hunky dory as long as you got your way.

Lo and behold THE EXACT THING we warned you about happens because your slogans and self assuredness don't Trump reality (pun intended), your candidate loses and now you're all running about the streets throwing a temper tantrum like proper babbies (and yes, I mean babbies, as in 'ho wis babby formed', not 'baby, because as least babies typically cry when they reasonably need something like food or parental care) and filing petitions to subvert the democratic system that you were perfectly content with until the country didn't bow to your whims and give you everything you wanted for slandering it with words like racist, sexist and misogynist.

You deserve this Trump Presidency, maybe itll teach you to listen when somebody presents you with information instead of throwing temper tantrums and shouting names like a rotten brat.

TL;DR: Grow the fuck up.
>>
>>85520
Right? Roughly my feelings, but you stated it better than I care to invest the effort in doing.

It's a broken system, it was broken when it helped them, it's broken when it helps us.

Gerrymandering and the EC have explanations, but winner-take-all policy for voting doesn't, and is in my mind the biggest problem.

Gerrymandering will happen if we create districts, to some degree, sucks, but unless we simply do away with that whole concept/manage to completely uncorrupt politics (hah) it's here to stay. Electoral college could use some tweaking but it's fine in a republic to do such things.
>>
There was a .5% difference in the popular vote. The electoral vote was a crushing 290 to 228. The only people I've spoken to who were emotionally damaged by the elections are wealthy white liberals. In other news, TPP will get flushed down the toilet with Obama when he leaves. That's a shame.
>>
>>85483
Of course. We should never question resistance against the state. That damn Emmanuel Goldstein paid for it all.
>>
>>85022
So, the liberals have never paid people to attend these "peaceful" protests?
>>
>>85030
>Muh Soros
>Bahaha those stupid lefties think Koch is behind everything!
COMMIT SUICIDE
>>
>>85147
But, that would just fuck over the pot smokers who actually have common sense and are rational people.

Myself, I work 60 hrs a week to pay all of my bills and while being able to afford to pay for my "activities."
>>
>>85147
>Read a book
>All caps
>Libtard
So, whats your favorite book, pussy?
The Hungry Hungry Caterpillar?
>>
>insert wall of text rant about dem evil liberals filled with bad grammar and buzzwords here
SAGE
>>
>>85100
even if that was the case, it doesn't matter, they decided not to vote (which is fine, if I were american and had to choose between those two assholes I would have stayed home too), thus making their opinion on the matter irrelevant
>>
>>85507
This is the worst argument you've had yet. A companies end result is money. Our countries end result is freedom.
>>
>>85559
http://dealbreaker.com/2016/11/lets-not-forget-to-publicly-congratulate-robert-mercer-on-his-private-trump-victory/
>>
>>85412
Actually, less Republicans turned out this year than the last presidential election. I can't post the image here, but basically Republican turnout has remained essentially constant the last 3 elections, but Hillary got half the votes Obama did his first campaign.

Everyone who bitches about "hate winning" I just hope you know that hate didn't win, Hillary just fucking lost. What a garbage candidate.
>>
>>85578
It was restricted to male landowners for a reason. I am against the male restriction, despite it benefitting me, one household, one vote would make sense, however, restricting it because genitalia does not.

Having a say in how shit is run is important, and politics should not be left to ignorant fuckwits who vote for Hillary 'cuz my pussy, or Trump 'cuz lol-he-has-no-experience-therefore-he's-better.

Your ilk are how we ended up with an escaped mental patient pathological liar beating a zombie-like personality-void pathological liar who would sell state secrets in the choice for the most powerful human being on the fucking planet.

You need to have a stake and a little shred of fucking experience to steer your country in the right direction.

Kanye West 2020!

Brb killing myself.
>>
>>85588
>Hillary just fucking lost. What a garbage candidate.
Exactly this. After two terms of a democrat, especially Obama, any other candidate should have beaten Hillary by at least 10 points, but the GOP just had to choose the one candidate who was just as big of a piece of shit as she was and made it a race.
>>
>>85559
>koch brothers
Evil cunts
>Soros
Evil cunt.

They're both Bond-villain level fucked up and have agendas that no sane human can comprehend.

Now, yes, the right has a blind spot for their own bullshit, so does the left, but fuck's sake, that doesn't make them innocent or not real.
>>
>>85588
>>85594
Y'know, I'm not happy it came down to Bad v Worse, but I am happy we chose Bad.

But I called this months ago, and I'm enjoying rubbing it in people's faces that told me I'm stupid, it's impossible... Like, seriously, I went to a Trump rally and a Hillary rally to see if /pol/ was just memeing... Typically blue state, thousands at the trump rally, fucking nobody at the Hillary rally. Small crowd of a few dozen.

It wasn't a meme. I wish I'd bet on it. I bought into the narrative of "hurr no path to 270", figured he could pull it off, but it'd be a squeaker... I should've trusted my fucking instincts, I called this shit before Ann Coulter did ffs (although I didn't take the sheer amount of ridicule she did for it)
>>
>>85316
In the case of this election, its less a case of not caring and more a case of being asked to choose between two candidates that are both undesirable. Many people didn't feel they could support either candidate.
>>
>>85559
The Koch's are evil fucks, but at least the right wing candidate didn't like them and they didn't like him.

Sanders probably would have deep throated Soros for pocket change.
>>
>>85655
>Sanders
I think you mean Cunton
>>
>>83796
basically, Trump ran the dirtiest campaign possible. he made wild accusations, told a constant stream of lies, and promised his supporters all gold plated mansions if they voted for him.

All this, while flirting with white nationalists, denegrating Muslims and Mexicans, and was filmed bragging about sexual assault. Decent people were outraged and horrified. He won, anyway.

Again, he didn't have better ideas, or was a better guy. he had shittier ideas, and was an asshole and a creep, but rednecks voted for him because they don't understand how global trade works, and because Fox News told them that some shit about Hillary's email server was actually a thing that anyone should care about.

if the most qualified candidate got dumped for the least qualified candidate because of cheating, you would be pissed, too.
>>
>>85015
and if Hillary had won, the conservatives would be doing the same thing. remember that shit where the Bundy's occupied a federal building and got into a shoot out because the government decided to stop letting them graze their cattle on land that wasn't theirs?
>>
>>85109
no... about 46% of eligible voters showed up. Trump didn't get many more votes than Romney did, in '08. what happened is that Hillary got millions fewer than Obama.

about half of the Republicans stayed home, while former Democrats, from Union states like MIchigan, jumped ship to Trump.
>>
>>85749
>if the most qualified candidate got dumped for the least qualified candidate because of cheating
>because of cheating

L O L

6/10 a decent effort m8
>>
>>85753
do you read actual news, or just Breitbart propaganda? take a look at some of the reports of Trump's recent visit to the White House with Obama. or the discussion about this cabinet picks. the man has no fucking clue about how the government works, what the president does, or how the Executive branch operates, much less how the White House operates.

when your whole campaign strategy is lie, talk shit, and let James Comey pull your ass out of the fire at the last minute, that's pretty much cheating.

You do know who Comey is, right smart guy?
>>
>>85752
I heard 54%?
>>
>>85096
i mean, take away all the voter fraud and rigged votes and Trump probably got more anyway...
>>
>>85755
Nobody told Hillary to use a private email sever in order to hide from the freedom of information act. It is her own fault.
>>
>>85755
>pretty much cheating
kek
if you don't like cheaters i have some bad news for you buddy
>>
>>85198
Your a fucking retard, A smart stance would be protesting certain taxes or bills, or presidential orders, not the fucking governments meat n potatoe election process. The only stance you idiots have is to fight the electoral college, the literal only thing protecting small towns/cities who literally cant afford 15 dollar an hour wage, or taxing the top 1%, fucking 90% if their income tax? holy fucking fuck bro, the fuck are you thinking? You want to make a real change? try actually helping and working with your godamn hands at a volunteer shelter building homes for the homeless or feeding the hungry. Put the sign away you new age less important hippy and look how you can help bring solutions instead of creating new ones. Unproductive swine.
>>
>>85751
Thats a dumb analogy, Remember when the people stood up for what they owned from before the government reached in? != Remember when we lost and made it everyone elses problem?
>>
>>85755
>Lie
Clinton
>Talk shit
Clinton
>Cheat
CLINTON
>Propaganda
Clinton
>Comey
Let Clinton off of charges that normal people wouldn't get away with.

Nothing you said is valid, minus the fact that he has no idea what he's doing.

You're right, but you're also using a positive point to Republicans in a negative demeanor.
>>
>>85751
Nah. You're wrong. Republicans don't do the SJW riot thing, and we expected to lose. You're 100% wrong.
>>
Chicago here. Things have been pretty chill, but I did see a Trump supporter get a chair thrown at him the other day. Also, flaming dumpsters being pushed into police lines after the police charges protestors with horses. Shot some cool photos on my Nikon.
>>
>>85751
>and if Hillary had won
She didn't.

>the conservatives would be doing the same thing
They're not.
Liberals are.

>remember that shit where the Bundy's occupied a federal building and got into a shoot out because the government decided to stop letting them graze their cattle on land that wasn't theirs?
Remember when they were all acquitted recently, and the only shots fired were by federal agents who killed one of the protestors despite not being armed?

Remember when the Bureau of Land management showed up with armed police and fucking tanks, slaughtered the Bundy's cattle, trashed acres of farmland and hundreds of thousands of dollars of farm and irrigation equipment, and herded the press and protestors into designated free speech zones, in an event eerily similar to whats happening to the #NoDapl protestors?

Remember when the BLM tucked tail and ran when the armed Bundy Protestors refused to disperse and literally marched on them, showing the effectiveness of an armed protest vs an unarmed one?

Remember when liberals weren't fascists who only take issue with events like this when the boot belongs to a private company and not the government?

Pepperridge farm remembers.
>>
>>85749
nigga read some emails, shit is legit horrifying.

Even if you only look at absolute fact, it's horrible, if you read between the lines, it's a complete mind-bender
>>
>>85749
He got less votes than McCain or Romney, Clinton just did even worse than him. This is the DNCs fault for fielding an awful candidate one cared about. This election should have been easy. But instead they forced Clinton on the country, because apparently they missed the part where the country said 'no thanks' to another Clinton or another Bush
>>
>>86076
It would have been way more effective if places like this weren't spammed to shit with emails that weren't even from her. There were like 4 threads in the last month that came from international email addresses.
>>
Left wingers are fucking animals
>>
>>83796
1. The riots aren't bad. Mostly in a few black communities that chimp out on the regular
2. Many rioters are paid, I myself glossed over local postings the day after the election for $800/week to "protest current political events in popular cities"
3. Most news is paid off, as was historical this election had a shit ton of propaganda and now that propaganda continues as people try to cause violence
>>
>>83819
Soros literally paid them, so the media not going ape-shit would be quite against the point of the whole thing in the first place. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14zszKEKz-I
>>
>>85319
this.
>>
>>86185
post your source on number 2 or fuck off
>>
>>85147
You bitch about libtards making generalised statements. Then you make a generalising statement about people who do drugs being trash. By your logic, you are a libtard.
>>
well america it was either transgender MLP riots to keep america cuckin or a bunch of pissed off NRA members not being tread on.
either way we are fucked so lets just make the best of the SHITuation and accept the fact that we cant always get what we want.
>>
>>83796
I don't even understand the point of these protests, it's not like he's going to suddenly step down because a bunch of degenerates suddenly decided to throw a tantrum.
>>
>>87027
The idea is rooted in the fear that Trump might subvert the rule of law. Violent protests NOW are a threat that if he say, sets up japanese-anerican internment camps, then the protesters will instigate a civil war. A bunch of critics of the protests have already said that if Trump escalates they'll join the protests.
>>
>>87027
It's their right to voice their disapproval. That's one of the things about rights - use 'em or lose 'em.
>>
>>85096
Except we are not a democracy, we are a republic. The electoral college will never go away, it's just not possible. I will not try to explain it to you (too long) and you simply don't have the mental horsepower to understand it anyway.. John F Kennedy (D) won the election against Richard Nixon (R) even though Nixon won the popular vote. Kennedy won the elctoral college dumbass. Go read a book!
>>
>>84331
>>83923
Millennials truly are the worst generation. Lazy, entitled, spoiled, egotistic little shits who leach off of mommy and daddy and refuse to grow up.

>>85096
>>85520
The electoral college works because it means that you must sweep many states, not just a few big ones. It gives power to rural states that get bullied by the bigger ones.

>>85559
Both can go suck on a turd. I hate all the money they throw at politicians, even if the Kochs are "playing" for my team.

>>85011
>>85015
If they just let cops or national guard shoot the faggots when they start getting riled up, then there would be no riots. Besides, don't you need a permit to protest? I'm pretty sure these guys don't have one, so start cracking some skulls cause they're breaking the law.

Besides, it's retarded that they're already this butthurt about Trump. Better that they keep quiet, because they're just hurting their movement. If they keep on pushing things, it won't be long before liberalism is outlawed in the US, but then, liberals have always been good at suiciding themselves.
>>
>>87073
It's their right to be retarded; organized protest is not a right. They have to go to their city hall and obtain a permit to gather and protest like they are doing now.
>>
>>85786
>try actually helping and working with your godamn hands at a volunteer shelter building homes for the homeless or feeding the hungry.
Convince me to care about the dredges or losers in society. If we did not provide them aid, their poor problem would correct itself. Either they would find a job, or they would die.

What if they're unemployable or there aren't enough jobs you say? Well then the market, and society has clearly deemed them to be a load. I think that when automation obsoletes half of the workforce, our social programs will become overloaded so we'll end up getting rid of them anyways. And when the great starvation happens, the fierce, life and death competition that comes from it will result in a more efficient and intelligent society. None of this entitlement crap that we have nowadays.
>>
>>85096
The election system was made that way, if it was entirely by population then the smaller states would be at a disadvantage and politicians would simply try to appeal to the bigger states.
>>
>>87088
>I think that when automation obsoletes half of the workforce, our social programs will become overloaded so we'll end up getting rid of them anyways.

It'll tip the scales at around 25% there will be labor riots long before 50%. People with technical knowledge will simply turn to crime. It won't be pretty.
>>
>>87099
How much would they be able to do against armies of drones and military robots though?
>>
>>87100
>
It's go as well as you'd expect: poorly for them.
>>
>>87104
>them
as in the rich elites or us?
>>
>>87109
Us. Soldiers are still humans, they can refuse to fire, machines just do what they are told. Many of us would not even know we died it'd be over that fast.
>>
>>87088
>>87099
>>87100
The future is either feudal or communistic. There's no way our current economic/wealth distribution system will be able to function when only a small number of individuals will be able to find employment. We've usually come out better after periods of extreme growing pains during past industrial revolutions, so I'm hoping that holds true today and we aren't dumb enough to let what amounts to a handful of people and their cronies own everything and live like Gods in their gleaming, automated arcologies while almost everyone else starves to death in a post-apocalyptic/post ecological collapse wasteland.

Automation's impact on American manufacturing: http://i.imgur.com/VdC9xVm.jpg
>>
>>85126
a big fraction are high school students
>>
>>85225
any system where people vote is a democracy. there are many kinds. one is the republic.
Go back to civics 101
>>
>>85786
The right to protest is important in shaping public opinion. Without it we turn in a democracy in name only.
>>
>>87146
more like Unions impact on American Manufacturing
>>
>>87181
Bottom graph isn't wages, but profit output. Unions have lost a lot of power since their heyday in the 70's.
>>
>>87181
Aren't unions the ones who have traditionally fought new technology and automation just because they're worried about losing jobs?
>>
>>87183
The unions are bloated dying parasites on the corpse that is the manufacturing industry.

You'll notice where are the cars made?

in Right to Work states, and Canada and Mexico

It's not a coincidence
>>
>>87191
But that graph says that manufacturing has actually gone up in the US. How can it be a corpse?
>>
>>87191
Unions were a mistake. They had the right idea back in the late 19th century when they shot workers who went on strike.

Also, blue (labor union) states are parasites who suck wealth from red (right to work) states. If it wasn't for the republican states, they would have collapsed under their liberalism a long time ago.

>>87193
Unions and minimum wage are the reasons why employment is down. If it wasn't for those two things, companies would hire more people and there wouldn't be such a push to automate everything.
>>
I live in the US,
WE ARE FUCKED!
The US is so fucked up with it's two party system, It's incompetent jackasses, The fact that we elected a fucking racist businessman, The fact that there is a massive class war that we are calling a race war for reasons that that only a fool would believe, The fact that we cannot, for whatever reason, accept socialism as a political party, The fact that we have a police force that will Murder you for having a broken taillight on your old rusty car, The fact that we have a police force that carries firearms.

Ladies and Gentlemen,
The US cannot handle a revolution at the moment,
ISIS and North Korea are ready to attack the second the government falls
And if someone assassinates trump, We will have Pence as leader, And that guy is truly a fascist.
>>
>>85147
i'm pretty sure the shills are overwhelmed on poll and have come here to get responses. you really shouldn't take the bait.

no way on earth was trump elected solely by the upper class. much the same way black people think they elected obama. they did not. the upper class did not elect obama. the wealthy who control the democrates have decided to try and grass roots the internet.
>>
>>88837
Oh look, /pol/ bumped a 2 week old thread again. How rare!
>>
>>83796
There are no riots. There are unemployed students and paid "protesters" who were already protesting anyway. The only disturbance is the dinosaur media, doubling down on the delusions that ended its success.
>>
>>87210
THE US IS NOT FUCKED! seriously these libtards need to go back to classes and not waste parents money.
>>
>>83796
still protesting?!??!!? what !!!! its been so long.. get back to you lives people
>>
>>85751
The Bundy situation was a whole lot different/deep and I think it's a shame that people are gonna be like "hurr durr had to do with cattle it was just a bunch of dumb rednecks".

Also, it is possible conservatives would have been protesting, but this isn't a game of "ifs". we live in the present reality and protests over a system that a month before the results was a "fair" system are turning into riots.
>>
>>85198
The right to protest is important and I, as a Trump voter, full support any and all protests held by the left. I do not support riots and destruction of property, I do not support the call for violence, or the actual violence that is happening. I think anyone that supports the protests that have turned into riots are retarded. I think more people should realize that none of this helps their cause, instead the businesses and people who live near these happenings are hurt.

PS: there are so many condescending trump voters because we were preemptively called babies who when lost would lose our shit and do exactly what the left is doing right now. We are like this because those of us that ARN'T /pol/ incarnate were still nothing but racist evil douchebags who wern't allowed to have an opinion on anything. A lot of us are like this because we put up with the condescending left for nearly the entire election. I'm sorry for the douches, but even if you arn't one of the people mentioned you'd have to have had your head under a rock for the last forever to not know this is true.
>>
>>88956
What does it matter, some of those people are doing hard time now the ones that plead guilty, that is.
>>
>>84331
Define to me what millennials are pls. Are they just people who are shitty young adults or people born in the 90s and above?
>>
They are just a demographics segment based on age and some common attributes that marketers use to target products and ads. That said, it has become a bit of a derogatory term lately.
>>
>>85319
>Voting is a key feature to an oligarchy
Actually, voting is not necessary for an oligarchy to function. They just need it to uphold a pretence of anyone (other than the NSA) actually listening to the people.
>>
>>89085
I am talking about the original definition read Aristotle's politics here is an example.
"I mean, for example, that it is thought to be democratic for the offices to be assigned by lot, for them to be elected oligarchic, and democratic for them not to have a property-qualification, oligarchic to have one; therefore it is aristocratic and constitutional to take one feature from one form and the other from the other, from oligarchy that offices are to be elected, and from democracy that this is not to be on a property-qualification." Aristotle
4.1294b
http://www.perseus.tufts.edu/hopper/text?doc=Perseus%3Atext%3A1999.01.0058%3Abook%3D4%3Asection%3D1294b
>>
>>86192
>Soros literally paid them, so the media not going ape-shit would be quite against the point of the whole thing in the first place.
You guys really have a difficult time understanding why Trump's victory by electoral votes isn't the cause of massive discontent after the clusterfuck of a divisive election season we had?
>>
>>89088
Hey, 50% of the country split. It's just that I can gauruntee noone on the right would be pulling this shit if Hillary won
>>
>>89093

>It's just that I can guarantee no one on the right would be pulling this shit if Hillary won.

Yes, instead the right would be voting from the rooftops. Let's not kid ourselves, we were going to have protests regardless who won, especially with a popular/electoral split.
>>
>>89136
Myself and most others I knew who cast votes for Trump really didn't expect him to win, I don't understand where this trumptard meltdown idea is coming from.

The only people who fully believed he was going to make it from the beginning were deluded /pol/tards and t_D rebbit shitters
>>
>>89136

I wouldn't doubt there'd be protests, but nothing so violent as you imply. We'd be too busy with the panic buying.
>>
>>89181
>deluded
>>
>>89181

maybe not so deluded buddy
>>
>>86192
wait.. isn't this domestic terrorism?
Thread posts: 139
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.