[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

North Korea’s latest weapon: Kim Jong-un’s hand-picked girl band

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1

File: moranbong-band-1.jpg (185KB, 620x414px) Image search: [Google]
moranbong-band-1.jpg
185KB, 620x414px
The smiling, head-bobbing, saluting women of the Moranbong Band possess all the hallmarks of your typical K-pop group. Clad in mini-skirts and high heels, they perform under flashing lights on dramatic, larger-than-life sets. They infuse Western pop flavor with a Korean twist.

But the Moranbong ladies have a special honor that has been bestowed on none of the world’s most recognizable K-pop sensations, from Big Bang to Girls’ Generation. They exist in their own league, really, having each been hand-picked by North Korea’s supreme leader Kim Jong-un.

Started in 2012, the girl group is an incarnation of former leader Kim Jong-il’s Pochonbo Electronic Ensemble. According to the North Korean state news agency KCNA, “Since its birth the Band has creditably (sic) played its role as the first standard-bearer on the ideological and cultural front, arousing all the service personnel and people to the building of a thriving nation. . . .”

Moranbong will arrive in Beijing this weekend for “friendship performances” meant to bolster liaisons with China, a longstanding North Korean ally that has had strained relations with the authoritarian state since Kim Jong-un came to power in 2011.

The “worldwide stylish band,” in the words of KCNA, travels to Beijing at an opportune time: this week, the UN Security Council, of which China is a veto-wielding permanent member, is slated to address allegations of North Korea’s human rights abuses.

http://news.nationalpost.com/news/north-koreas-latest-weapon-kim-jong-uns-hand-picked-girl-band
>>
Somehow not surprised.
>>
>>8226
They don't look forced at all.
>>
Did I just get infected by a North Korean psychic virus by watching the video?
>>
>>8261
Yes.
>>
>>8261
You aren't going to like the cure anon
>>
>>8266
You shouldn't be looking for a cure for communism.
You should be looking for a vaccine.
Prevention is the smart man's success strategy.
>>
>>8226
>hand-picked by Kim Jong-un
>his wife is a former member

I wonder if he has slept with all of them.
>>
the drummer is my waifu tbh
>>
>>8294
Almost certainly.
>>
Surprisingly good to be quite honest. I'm here for the cellist. But if they really want to break out into the wider world they need to learn to dance and start showing off dem legs. These instrument girl bands are always troubled.

They remind me of a now defunct south Korean k-pop group that didn't learn that lesson
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrstklfPjJE
>>
>>8226
The tours were cancelled, unexpectedly:

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-35083172

Thoughts as to why?
>>
>>8332
The nerves of the glorious leader, bad feng shui, foiled attempt to turn on of the members to the side of the Chinese, it was a diversion all along, it was a sex auction all along and it was triggered prematurely, it was a sex auction and they were all found to have a rare STD.
>>
>>8332
>YOU NO PRACTICE ENOUGH
>>
>>8294
Why do you think they all look dead on the inside?
>>
>>8226
Why do they use inferior American instruments? Is this some lo-fi band?
>>
Can't dim the Kim.
>>
>>8226
The drummer is qt
>>
>Those provocative military costumes
Behold, the advent of ironic NK-Pop. /mu/ is gonna suck now.

well... "now"...
>>
seems like our pal kim has a k-pop fetish. who wants to bet the girls do an extra "private performance" for their glorious leader in the green room?
>>
>arousing all the service personnel and people
:^)
>>
>>8394
Let's be honest, man: there isn't a single woman in this empanada enchantress ensemble that ISN'T wife-able.
>>
Damn, it's actually pretty good.
>>
>>8226
I can imagine them keeping stone faced the entire time while singing about love and being happy.

Love for their supreme ruler and vanilla cupcakes
>>
>>8894
>while singing about love and being happy.
They know those things only from forbidden books that they sneak-read in Young-One's palace while he wasn't paying attention.
>>
>>8226
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fL7-7shibkw
>song called "My country is the best!"
Holy fuck, they hired the top NKorean creatives to come up with that groundbreaking name.

reminds me a lot of The War of the Worlds
https://youtu.be/BgIuUyAUxaw?t=2m49s
>>
They even dress up like soldiers

This country is a fucking caricature.

I really seriously think Kimmy is trolling on a world scale at this point.
>>
This is great for feminism

Good job
>>
>>8332
Capitalism
>>
>>11135
Kim is so progressive
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.