[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

16 reactions from world leaders stunned by this election

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

File: 90[3].jpg (148KB, 1160x629px) Image search: [Google]
90[3].jpg
148KB, 1160x629px
http://www.politico.com/story/2016/11/2016-election-foreign-leaders-reactions-230640

>The 2016 U.S. elections have riveted the world, and not positively.

>America's allies have been rattled by Donald Trump's isolationism, especially on trade, and many felt compelled to break diplomatic custom and criticize him. Several U.S. rivals, in particular Russia, appear emboldened by the fissures in U.S. society, a seeming extension of what critics say is President Barack Obama's reluctance to exercise American military power. If Hillary Clinton wins on Tuesday, some of those rivals may reassess.

>But for a few more hours at least, the rest of the world will watch in wonder, worry, and amusement.

>Here are 16 reflections on America and its politics from world leaders over the past year:
>>
>1. "It's terrifying. We are seeing in America these terrible rallies occurring where the people are becoming violent. Now, democracy should be robust, but it certainly shouldn't be violent. And I think the Donald Trump phenomenon is a real problem for the United States — it's making their democracy look kind of weird." — Christopher Pyne, an Australian government minister, in comments reported March 17.

>2. "Whether Donald Trump, Marine Le Pen or Geert Wilders — all these right-wing populists are not only a threat to peace and social cohesion, but also to economic development." — German Economy Minister Sigmar Gabriel, in an interview published March 6.

>3. "The fact is, Cape Breton is lovely all times of the year and if people do want to make choices that perhaps suit their lifestyles better, Canada is always welcoming and opening." — Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau, on March 7, regarding the possibility of Americans fleeing to his country if Trump wins.

>4. "I can only hope that the election campaign in the USA does not lack the perception of reality... The world's security architecture has changed and it is no longer based on two pillars alone. It cannot be conducted unilaterally." — German Foreign Minister Frank-Walter Steinmeier, on April 28, in reference to Trump's "America first" message.
>>
>5. "Saying the U.S. will no longer engage in anything that is a burden in terms of its relationships with allies, it would be almost like abandoning those alliances ... It will inevitably give rise to anti-American sentiment worldwide." — Former South Korean Vice Foreign Minister Kim Sung-han, in quotes published April 29, on Trump's isolationist leanings.

>6. "What needs to be pointed out is that the essence of Sino-US trade and business cooperation is mutually beneficial and win-win, and accords with the interests of both sides. We hope people in all fields can rationally and objectively view this relationship." — Hong Lei, a Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesman at the time, on May 4. He declined to comment directly on the 2016 race.

>7. “For the life of me, I cannot believe that a country like the United States can afford to have someone as president who simply says, ‘These people are not going to be allowed to come to the United States." — Saudi Prince Turki al-Faisal, a former ambassador to the United States, on May 5, regarding Trump's proposed Muslim ban.

>8. "In the presidential elections, there are arguments whether the United States is going for the isolationist stance. I don't want to see that kind of United States. I want to see the United States to be strong and come with a strong robust position, not really thinking of the United States only." — Kenichiro Sasae, Japan's ambassador to the U.S., on May 6.
>>
>9. "It turns out that Trump is not the rough-talking, screwy, ignorant candidate they say he is, but is actually a wise politician and a prescient presidential candidate." — A May 31 column in DPRK Today, a mouthpiece of the reclusive, deeply anti-American regime in North Korea, after the Republican nominee suggested the U.S. should pull its troops from South Korea unless Seoul pays it more.

>10. “Today in the 21st century, here in the United States, a climate of intolerance is sending a similar message: Mexicans go home. Separate those who are different, blame the minorities, demonize the stranger.” — Claudia Ruiz Massieu, Mexico's foreign minister, on June 6, in a speech that made reference to the struggles of the Jewish community.

>11. "Their mainstream politics are at [an] all-time low, that's how we see it ... We always hope that next [U.S.] president will be much wiser than previous one, less pyromaniac as I said, less militaristic, adventurous president. That's what we hope. But we never saw. The difference is very marginal. So we keep hoping, but we don't bet on that hope." — President Bashar Assad of Syria, where at least 400,000 people have died in the civil war, on July 13.

>12. "His excesses end up giving a retching feeling, even in the US, especially when — as was Donald Trump's case — he speaks ill of a soldier, of the memory of a soldier...." If Trump wins, "there will be consequences because the American election is a global election ... Democracy is also a major issue considering the authoritarian temptation that we see arising." — French President Francois Hollande, on Aug. 2.
>>
>13. “When America retrenches and retreats, it leaves behind a vacuum, and that vacuum is filled by bad guys.” — Former NATO Secretary-General Anders Fogh Rasmussen on U.S. President Barack Obama's reluctance to use military force, in an interview on Aug. 8.

>14. "Well, I don’t know what this would. … English is not my mother tongue, I don’t know if I would sound decent. There are so many pussies around the presidential campaign on both sides that I prefer not to comment on this." — Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov in an interview posted on Oct. 12.

>15. "America has lost now. I've realigned myself in your ideological flow. And maybe I will also go to Russia to talk to Putin and tell him that there are three of us against the world: China, Philippines and Russia. It's the only way." — Philippines President Rodrigo Duterte, on Oct. 20, during a session with business leaders in China. U.S. officials at this point believe he's more bluster than a real threat to the U.S.-Philippines partnership.

>16. "Hysteria has been whipped up in the United States about the influence of Russia over the U.S. presidential election ... It's much simpler to distract people with so-called Russian hackers, spies, and agents of influence. Does anyone really think that Russia could influence the American people's choice in any way? Is America a banana republic or what? America is a great power. Please correct me if I'm wrong." — Russian President Vladimir Putin, on Oct. 27, as the audience laughed.
>>
>>82229

>Does anyone really think that Russia could influence the American people's choice in any way? Is America a banana republic or what?

America might be rich and powerful, but propaganda works independently of the size of a country or it's economy. What really matters is the average of education of the people.

The truth is Americans are fucking dumb, and can't resist Russian mind tricks.
>>
>>82238
>The truth is Americans are fucking dumb, and can't resist Russian mind tricks.

Believing Hillary's defense that the KKK, FBI, and Russia are all joining forces to wage a conspiracy to bring down her campaign is a mark of useful idiot.
>>
>>82241
I draw my own conclusions.
Trump is against NATO, so is Russia.
Trump is racist, so is the KKK. It doesn't take a genius to figure that out.
>>
>>82227
It's funny how the Saudis think they can criticize us while they still stone women and kill infidels.
>>
>>82246
Clinton is for the Syrian pipeline, so is Saudi Arabia. Clinton is for open borders, so is La Raza.
It doesn't take a genius to figure that out.
>>
>>82264

>Clinton is for the Syrian pipeline
America needs stolen oil.
>Clinton is for open borders
That's just bullshit.
>>
>>82225
>>82226
>>82227
>>82228
>>82229
Literally Pro-Trump while trying not to be
>>
>>82273
Clinton has emails specifically hoping for a non bordered, world market.
>>
>>82305
Wrong.

http://www.politifact.com/florida/statements/2016/jul/18/rudy-giuliani/rudy-giuliani-wrongly-says-hillary-clinton-open-bo/
>>
Whoo, the rest of the world looks at us as "which monkey will they pick this time?"

The world needs to understand that America works a lot and sometimes a lot harder than the rest. We spend our money the way we want and if your country isn't ready for it then just learn to deal with it.

They should be happy we spend our money so freely on other countries produced crap just to satisfy our own interest beyond our shit culture.
>>
Allahu Akbar!
The U.S. must take Monroe Doctrine now.
The U.S. must withdraw American Forces from all Foreign Countries now.
Stop America's doing its all wars now!

I love American99% and the U.S.

China, Germany and Japan must loosen Germany's, Japan's and China's monetary policies now!
China, Germany and Japan must stimulate Germany's, Japan's and China's domestic demands now!
Japan and Germany must issue a lot of construction bond now!
Japan and Germany must reduce Germany's, Japan's and China's taxes now!
The U.S. must tighten its monetary policy now!
As a result, Dollar value will rise!
The U.S. will have trade surplus!

Japan, Germany and China are evil empires.
Islamists' true enemies are Japan, Germany, China, FRB, top1%, Wall Street, American Military Industry and DOD!
Allahu Akbar!
>>
>>82372
I'm sorry to intrude sir, but will you be running for presidency in a few short years?
>>
>>82375

I honestly don't know why this guy keeps spamming this post over and over. Is there some sort of board history that I missed? Some sort of ancient in-joke where I'm supposed to know the punchline?
>>
Only makes me want Trump to be elected even more tbh
>>
>>82226
>We are seeing in America these terrible rallies occurring where the people are becoming violent.
Literally due to the protesters attacking people and rioting. People are so fucking blind.
>>
>>82303
what makes you say that? they all make clear statements against him
>>
>>82467
For what it's worth, the North Koreans are heavily pro-Trump. (#9)
>>
>>82467
i shouldn't have said 'all'. but a few of them clearly speak against him.

>>82469
see above
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.