[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Brexit might not happen, or could be delayed

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 1

File: gettyimages-469809532.jpg (24KB, 564x376px) Image search: [Google]
gettyimages-469809532.jpg
24KB, 564x376px
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/10/10/theresa-may-brexit-talks-denmark-netherlands-live/

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/how-you-can-influence-brexit-9186677
> On June 23, the United Kingdom went to the polls to have their say in whether the country should leave the European Union .

>The outcome of the historic referendum showed that Brits were split almost down the middle.

>While 48% voted to remain in the EU, 52% voted to leave.

>Since then, chaos has ensued as the Prime Minister resigned, the pound plummeted and the EU told us to trigger Article 50 as soon as possible, starting our Brexit process.

>Today, a landmark High Court ruling decreed that Theresa May does not have the power to trigger Article 50 without a vote by MPs.
http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/brexit-high-court-ruling-article-50-theresa-may-nigel-farage-ukip-vote-judges-respect-didnt-deserve-a7395246.html
>According to the British Elections Study, about 7 per cent of the Leave vote would now change its mind. As the Brexit minister David Davis says: ‘A democracy that cannot change its mind is not a democracy’
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/blog/live/2016/nov/03/article-50-high-court-ruling-high-court-set-to-rule-on-whether-mps-should-vote-on-triggering-article-50-politics-live
>Ireland’s largest opposition party in the Dail (parliament) has welcomed the UK High Court ruling.

>Dominic Cummings, the Vote Leave campaign director, has said on Twitter that the article 50 court ruling is reasonable.

>Nicola Sturgeon, the Scottish first minister, has put out a fresh statement about the article 50 ruling. She says the UK government should accept it and shelve its appeal.
>>
>"We will appeal this judgement, the country voted to leave the EU in a referendum approved by Act of Parliament."
- PM office statement
>>
And with this, true democracy In the united kingdom was done away with by a legal system that believes the will/desires of the people is less important than the will of a bunch of government elitists who will always vote for themselves, their corporate masters and their party's leader. But hey every vote counts.........right?
>>
>>81792
>People say "A"
>Politicians do "B" out of self-interest
The whole world does this.
Why is there an illusion of freedom?
>>
>>81792

All the hot young girls, be it British or European, think remain is the best option and I'm inclined to agree with them. I haven't met a 'leave' girl who isn't hideous as fuck.
>>
>>81828
You're literally are being cucked.
>>
>>81828
Stand your ground and speak with pride and conviction, you limp-wrist. Girls love it. They don't actually care about politics beyond their own immediate knee-jerk reaction. It's boring to them outside of a feeling.

>t. Unapologetic Nat-Soc, banged several neo-liberal/SJW girls and at least one libertarian. All knew what I was
>>
>Vote "leave"
>Several months later
>"Boy it's taking a long time to leave and it's really hard, we should change our minds! That's what democracy is about."

>Donald Trump wins the election
>"O-Oh crap I changed my mind, c-can we do a re-vote?"

This is fucking moronic.
>>
>>81880

leave voters love Donald trump
>>
The problem with the 'will of the people' here is how close it was to a 50/50 vote, since the result we have found out how many lies there were with the campaigns and could very easily have gone from 52/48 to leave to 48/52 to stay. The people are split there is no 'will of the people' this time.

Also if you factor in the calibre of the ppl who voted.. yeah not good at all.
>>
So when does a vote actually mean a vote? When it's a 60/40 split or a 70/30, because no matter how wide or narrow a vote win or loss is someone/group will be upset and demand a do over. This isn't even really about the vote, it's about a judicial system that thinks it knows better than the people and refused to step aside
>>
>>81825
It's not even like it was a majority win either. 48 to 52, with I think only 40ish% turnout? If this were the politicians going against the will of like 60-80% of the country, it would be pretty reasonable to be outraged.
>>
There's literally nothing to be upset about, even if you did vote leave.
Parliament gets a say on how Brexit will happen now, as they should by law.
They're not going to repeal Brexit because they have too much respect for 'the will of the people', it's all about making sure it's not that one evil witch doing it by herself without parliament approving it.

Gina Miller is a hero.
>>
>>81770
This just proves that "democracy" is a fucking joke.
>‘A democracy that cannot change its mind is not a democracy’
That's not how it works, David Davis, you piece of shit.
Anyway, regardless of the procedures needed to trigger Article 50, it should be done and without delay too. It really doesn't matter if 50, 100 or a billion MP votes are needed, the People said what needs to be done and the scumbag politicians should do it.
>>
>>81890
The MPs won't block Brexit, if that's what you're worried about. They're too worried about respecting the will of the people (who only marginally voted to leave anyway.)
This just means Theresa May won't turn us into a shithouse singlehandedly and parliament will get to influence what kind of Brexit we get.
This is a triumph of democracy against a totalitarian government trying to subvert democratically elected parliament.
>>
>>81891
>The MPs won't block Brexit
Good.
>This is a triumph of democracy against a totalitarian government trying to subvert democratically elected parliament.
Oh please, Anon.

How are the Brexit talks going to look? Surely Britain will have to work out a "compromise" within itself and then present it to the EU, innit? The first part, I can see the involvement of the brit parliament, the later ones - not so much.
>>
>>81882
So we shit on our systems of government and our Rights because of what-ifs and could-have-beens? Im from the other side of the ocean, I dont have a horse in this race and I couldn't care less what the UK does or about political partisanship or ageism at all, but letting the establishment decide whats best for you and being cool with your sovereignty being taken away is highly disturbing. Imagine if the shoe was on the other foot and your hypothetical victory for Remain was fucked by a do over and the media starts rushing uninformed people who usually wouldn't vote at all to vote against you? Its fascism.
>>
>>81894
I have no idea how the talks will work, but I can't find a reason to believe that it's not a good thing that all the MPs from all the political parties who represent everyone throughout the UK gets a say instead of an unelected PM who obviously doesn't have a clue what she's doing.

>>81897
No, parliamentary sovereignty is what Theresa May attempted to take away illegally.
Most MPs will vote along with how their constituencies voted, isn't that democratic? That would suggest that they do vote to leave, but they also get a say on how Brexit is done. It's wonderful news.
>>
>>81900
>they do vote to leave, but they also get a say on how Brexit is done. It's wonderful news.
Can't not agree with you here.

BTW any chances that the Scotts will, at least try to, get out of the Union Jack and "remain" in the EU?
Now, wouldn't that be fun.
>>
>>81903
>BTW any chances that the Scotts will, at least try to, get out of the Union Jack and "remain" in the EU?
Well they're definitely going to try, though I'm not sure there's really that much appetite in Scotland for another referendum. It would be funny though.
>>
1689 bill of rights says any change to the law must be approved by the House of Commons, simple as that.
>>
>>81903
>any chances that the Scotts will, at least try to, get out of the Union Jack and "remain" in the EU?

chanches as low as Veneto getting independence from Shitaly

guys, this things about borders will never happen: the future of Europe is borderless and anti-nationalistic; search for the Kalergi Plan and you'll understand
>>
The brexit will be finalized on Dec 31 2017
>>
>>81904
>another referendum
Didn't they vote, like, 80% to remain?
Might try using this as a pretext.
>>
>>81912
I don't think it was that high. Even so, that was before Brexit exploded. The conditions changed, so another referendum is valid if they so wish it. That's the thing about the UK; England is entitled to do whatever the hell it wants, but so can Ireland and Scotland and (to a lesser extent) Wales.
>>
>>81905
unless they come from the EU
http://www.standard.co.uk/news/politics/top-judge-surprised-that-controversial-eu-laws-that-we-blocked-are-now-legally-binding-8934773.html
>>
>>81918
I remember this case. It was actually far more nuanced than the article would suggest.

Check this out https://www.headoflegal.com/2013/11/21/whos-right-about-the-eu-charter-of-fundamental-rights/
>>
>>81873
bragging about sex online is the most pathetic shit ever
>>
this is literally the law, all it says is parliament have to vote on it
we always knew the referendum was none-binding, why are people getting so mad or thinking that the judges have said "no brexit"?

this is literally how democracy works
>>
>>81949

Thats wat normies do, anon. They have no other sources of merit so the instinctual knee jerk reaction is to use sex to validate themselves. Pretty low I'd say.
>>
>>81792

Remember remember the fifth of November, the Gunpowder Treason and Plot. I know of no reason the Gunpowder Treason should ever be forgot.
>>
Now every major group that backed the remain campaign are going to try to get MPs to vote not to leave. All they need is to fill enough backbenchers heads with the illusion that they would would be doing the nation a great service by voting against leaving. Or try to force parliament into another national vote on leaving, because let's be honest the governing party didn't want to leave the EU anyway and this judicial along with an MP revolt would give them reason to.
>>
>>81792
>And with this, true democracy In the united kingdom was done away with by a legal system that believes the will/desires of the people is less important than the will of a bunch of government elitists

>We must retake our independence, and be allowed to make our own rules!
>Court ruling based on British laws
>We must do away with our laws and rules!!

You are literally the worst people in the world and you shouldn't be allowed to stay in the EU.
>>
>>81886
There is about 50 years worth of law making to write from scratch. Not only boring regulations and restrictions, but also many rights, and a lot of random important stuff.
I'm not sure the people understand that quitting right now would mean a complete anarchy. For example, even if the law giving them right to vote talks about the EU, it has to be re-written or there is no voting at all any-more.
It's not like unsubscribing from a newsletter, or unfriending on FB, you can't "just quit" ASAP.

And this is only internal stuff, I'm not talking about international relationships.

A parody news site, but it points out something important too : http://newsthump.com/2016/10/18/man-who-demanded-sovereignty-of-parliament-outraged-by-sovereignty-of-parliament/
>>
>>81891
fuck off marginally take our the scotts and irish backstabers and you have a huge fucking majority, I hope the scots and irish, devlove into the nothing the are, by getting their own home rule.....ENGLAND
>>
what was voted for should be done , there are petitions out there , we should not have to be doing this but go find the petitions if you give a shit about britain becoming independent

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/133618 please do so if you are a Brexit believer

Nige is a hero , they tried to assasinate him twice , plane crash and car brake cables cut , I can see Donald trump helping britain leave if he is voted in , its not my place to say as I am british citizen but so far it seems he is the better candidate .and YES I do read other sites apart from 4chan this year feels as if people are starting to wake up and get sick of the crap we have shoved down our throats by the establishments , the BBC and ITV (british tv channels) were biased in their coverage of ukip and brexit , I don't watch t.v myself but lots of people do , they tried to smear stuff so bad . it scares me that the american vote may be rigged by crooked officials because now the establishment knows that they cannot brainwash everybody .
>>
>>81770
How do you determine 7% would change their mInd? Did they have another vote? Were all the Brits that voted counted=

So if they repolled tomorrow it would be 55:45 for remain?
>>
Incite a revolt you pussies, this proves your vote means jack shit
>>
>UK
>Democracy
>>
>>82437
Why do brits always have the worst punctuation.
I bet you're a dirty paki who thinks he's a full-blood brit.
>>
>>82634
Terrible, terrible. Believe me, so terrible. Bad Hombre!
>>
>>81770
http://www.miscopy.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/slaughterhouse-style-mass-killing-islamic-state.mp4?id=0

WARNHINWEIS : schauen Sie sich dieses Video nur an wenn Sie sehr starke Nerven haben - machen Sie es Kindern , Frauen und Jugendlichen AUF KEINEN FALL zugänglich .
>>
English bitch learn to speck it faggot
>>
>>82667

irony?
>>
>>82482
Probably just polled some people and extrapolated the results. pretty basic stuff.
>>
>>81792
>people elect other people to run the country for them
>get upset because they think their opinions are worth a damn
>>
>>81884
>40ish% turnout
I know it's easy to lie on the internet, but turnout was 72%, which is incredibly high and will likely never go higher unless you cheat.
>>
>>81952
Parliament approved of the referendum though, because they thought they would win, and they didn't.
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.