[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Google's AI can now learn from its own memory independently

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: deep-02[1].jpg (37KB, 700x397px) Image search: [Google]
deep-02[1].jpg
37KB, 700x397px
http://www.sciencealert.com/the-deepmind-ai-can-now-learn-how-to-use-its-own-memory

>The DeepMind artificial intelligence (AI) being developed by Google's parent company, Alphabet, can now intelligently build on what's already inside its memory, the system's programmers have announced.

>Their new hybrid system – called a Differential Neural Computer (DNC) – pairs a neural network with the vast data storage of conventional computers, and the AI is smart enough to navigate and learn from this external data bank.

>What the DNC is doing is effectively combining external memory (like the external hard drive where all your photos get stored) with the neural network approach of AI, where a massive number of interconnected nodes work dynamically to simulate a brain.

>"These models... can learn from examples like neural networks, but they can also store complex data like computers," write DeepMind researchers Alexander Graves and Greg Wayne in a blog post.

>At the heart of the DNC is a controller that constantly optimises its responses, comparing its results with the desired and correct ones. Over time, it's able to get more and more accurate, figuring out how to use its memory data banks at the same time.
>>
Leave it to Google to ruin the world and develop Skynet.
>>
>>80531
Well they got the last 2 letters right,
Skynet - Alphabet
>>
I didn't really get why this was important at first, but the more I thought about it the more I appreciate it.

It's like humans re-analyzing moments in our lives to see if that was a good decision and if not, we store in our minds what we should have done differently. Looking at your memories is one of the keys ways we try to better ourselves and become better people.

So for a computer to look at it's memory, test computations and predictions, then store it's results
is pretty fucking neat-o.

Imagine if your computer could look at the movies/music you have on your external hard drive, use prediction algorithms to see if the other movies/music in your folder fit in with the prediction, and then use these predictors to give you better predictions on netflix/youtube.
>>
>>80536

> then use these predictors to give you better predictions on netflix/youtube.

THe problem is anon, i was in the mood for that type of movie at that time now im not and yet it keeps giving me suggestions which to me is obnoxious.
>>
>>80536
the result is glorious: google gives you all the same shit in slightly different flavors
>>
>>80650
This, I hate the hamster wheel effect these kinds of "suggested for you" user interfaces have on the overall experience. I don't want to live in a bubble no matter how slow google blows it.
>>
we need to insert kill all humans
>>
>>80696
>>80650
Youtube still thinks I want to watch Women's Volleyball just because I fapped to a video last week.
Like fuck you Youtube, masturbating to women's volleyball isn't the only thing I do you don't have to suggest dozens of other videos

Also this is a big problem on social media because it causes people to live in political bubbles. Conservatives will only see conservative articles, liberals will only see liberal articles, and everybody's circlejerk just keeps getting jerkier
>>
>>80709
Lol they can probably tell if you're beating off one way or another. Those creepy fucks are gonna burn
>>
>>80680
>>80696
>>80650
I don't know about you guys, but my youtube recommendations are godly. I listen to 3 fairly different genres of music and yet Google continues to surprise me with the recommendations within and outside of my maine 3 genres.

I think it might be a matter of not giving it enough information. For example, if something shows up on your youtube recommendations, there is a button to say something like 'not interested' or 'stop showing me like this'. Then when it recommends you something you really like, give it a like to give the system feedback.

For netflix it reallly helps to watch a variety of things. If you watch 1 show, then of course all your recommendations will be about that. So watch a variety of shit, and the more you watch the better the recommendations will be.
>>
>>80720
>and yet Google continues to surprise me with the recommendations
I meant youtube
>>
>>80536
Actually, everything you are even able to think is result of your memories, as are you.
You do write a text on 4chan: had to learn to write first, grammar and so on...
You think "well i'm not sure", but you had to memorize those words before you even knew them.

Analyzing one's own memory is what makes us this intelligent, as we constantly change our behaviour to fit into other "biomes"(if you will).
Of course there are many among us who dont, but those people have a serious problem, stupidity.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.